All Comments on 'Just Once... Yes I Do Mind'

by Bry1977

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm5 months ago

Stopped reading at "suing me for Alienation of Affection".

Just once, when on this site, I'd like to read a story by an author who takes their work serious enough to NOT just copy shit they read in other people's stories.

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

It was okay. I love all these people "just leaving town" .Life isn't that easy. People have jobs and connections that aren't easy just to leave. Where would they go and how would they live without jobs?

hindsight2020hindsight20205 months ago

I was pleased to see someone finally go the "get together with Leslie" route.

5*

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

I especially liked that the MC let his kids make up their own damned mind how to act with respect to their mother. None of this "She's still your mother" crap.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester5 months ago

In my humble opinion this is one of the best endings to this story. Normal human reactions to stress conditions. No super-spy, black-opp helicopters, etc.

Thanks 5*

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit5 months ago

This is good, reasonably realistic. Unlike other endings, Rick didn’t hide behind the terrified/adrenaline-fueled/just glad to be alive reason/excuse for his indiscretion. Rick owned it. Personally I respect our service people and wouldn’t judge based on impulsive actions of those who survived live fire. How he made no excuses is commendable.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedic5 months ago

I for one like to see all the stories the authors come up with for this story. I home more will write what they think about this story. 4*

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

Wry good treatment of this tale. No bullshit, no delay.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now5 months ago

I liked this version - thank you!

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

The general idea behind the plot was indeed different and an interesting take.

Bogota (not Bogata) is in Colombia, not Bolivia. The story doesn't describe anything that would be actionable against the hospital so suing them didn't make sense.

An editor would be helpful.

Bry1977Bry19775 months agoAuthor

@jfinders I actually meant to put bogota were i put bolivia. Getting an editor on this site to actually answer back an email is ridiculous half the time. If you had read the original that is exactly the way Kali spelled Bogota as well. As for suing the hospital it made perfect sense it did exactly what he wanted it to do. Forced the hospital to fire both Marcy and the doctor and force both of them back home. He caused the hospital embarrassment which was the whole point, not to get money.

@Tajfa If you read closely she had no job, no family left to help her. Everyone around her shunned her. She was never going to get a decent job anywhere in that town. The best option for her was to move far away.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Nothing really added in this version. There was one other version by someone that also took the direction of having Rick and Leslie end up together and I love the irony of that plot line. Rest of it was just too narrative driven resulting in a "sterile" storyline of what should be a passion filled topic. 3.6*

jstformejstforme5 months ago

There are better stories to work from, you did yourself a disservice with this. This story embodies a theme that most people have grown sick and tired of…things work out so perfectly for the MC that the reader actually hates the hero more than the villain. Instead of writing about some mythical hero, or some one percenter making millions, how about writing a story that the 99% of your readers can relate to??

truthandjustice99truthandjustice995 months ago

Court will find out that he slept with a slut while his wife as cheating and will fine him $25,000 as well as award her 60% of all assets for his lying His lawyer was disbarred for lying to the court A mistake fpr lying to the court

servant111servant1115 months ago

Nice but lacks pathos.

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Attention to detail please! Having her served in Bolivia wont work if she is actually in Bogota COLUMBIA!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well.....he is a cheater too. Also I don't think he legally could have kicked her out of their house....2*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was almost as flat as reading a newspaper. There was an issue with Leslie's age and Ricks that was to much to become an item. no foreshadowing for the changed parts. Needed to slow the pace down in some parts that are emotional. Since this story has been done SO many times this will be judged harshly. Any other story I would be more forgiving.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c15 months ago

Not good. One of worst pieces of writing is this part:

It was a heated moment when we were trapped in the middle of a battlefield, and the adrenaline was pumping. It was just oral sex nothing more than that and only once.

So in a firefight, seemingly surrounded,, instead of fighting she blows him? And that is ignoring how she would not be in that situation.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Quite a reprieve from the other renditions of this story. Good job

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

And he lived happily ever after. And everyone else suffered. Way too predictable.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukle5 months ago

I've read all the additions to Kalimaxos' classic tale, and I find yours to be unique in your approach and point-of-view. Bravo! You did an outstanding job. I once wrote an ending (unpublished) for my own self-edification, and I must admit I fell into the same line of thinking as all the others. You are to be commended on your truly original approach to this story.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

I liked the Lesie got something good angle.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was a good effort. Decently written. And yes…as far as my recollection goes, I don’t think any of the scores of other variations had the MC marrying Leslie 🤗

.

A couple things I liked: that he completely informed his kids and let them come to their own conclusions; that he took an immediate decision to divorce Marcy; and that he DID NOT use his military background and contacts to do anything.

.

A couple things I did not like: the lack of any meaningful aftermath conversation between him and Marcy, or between Marcy and their kids; that he fucked Leslie the first night even as you made Leslie a reluctant swinger — she sure jumped his bones eagerly that first night 🤗; and in general the too abrupt wrap up.

.

This was a classic “between 2 scores” post: a 3 or a 4?

.

4 ****. It’s the holidays 🎄

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not a bad effort. It covered more base than most other followups. I was a bit disappointed that he bedded Leslie the first night. I am kinda surprised that during the court hearing, he was not asked under oath whether he had slept with Leslie, because that would have followed from her letter and pulled most of the teeth from his Adultery case. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

too simple,

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

would have been 4*. But gave it 3* because it's another one of those stories that just won't go away.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well wrap me up & call me Spanky!! Ha! This was probably the most original ending I've read, & glad (after 1st not wanting to read it but looking at the scoring) I did. It went places nobody else went, to my knowledge. From actually bedding Leslie to serving her in S America & telling Josh about his wife, he marries Leslie after both their divorces. No other piece had her not liking the lifestyle enough to divorce her husband.

I enjoyed how things were handled. Dierdra wasn't cursed by supposedly giving Marcy wrong information nor did Rick use military connections to visit Marcy himself. The only stories that come to mind that went off the beaten pass was where Rick went to a shrink for help, & another where he, being helped from Dierdra, went into Africa & wound up both saving a young girl & meeting his future wife.

A most enjoyable & well written, thought out story. 5 wonderful stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Trust me… this has been done. There’s absolutely not one single original thought to be found here. Even in general, this is cookie cutter BTB. But then again, BTB is pretty much entirely self-parody by this point. The legions out there that are desperate to punish imaginary women pretty much work from one template.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Same old story. Wife cheats wife loses everything;; husband winds up with younger, prettier wife and lives happily ever after. Yeah, dream on. How often do you think this happens. Just another load of crap from a want-to-be writer who doesn't have a clue.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Sorry Bri but when you know NOTHING about the Law, you shouldn't include legal situations that are definitely not correct. The Lawyer would have advised Rick what to do... and what NOT to do. eg He had no legal right to kick out Marcy from the jointly owned, marital home. The Police would have enforced her right to re-enter as she has every right to live there! He could leave if he wanted to! Until the situation is resolved in Court and Divorce granted upon agreed points, the house cannot be sold. Also, filing for Infidelity requires actual proof/evidence. Where was the evidence of Marcy's infidelity? Also, having Leslie move in straight after having filed for divorce but before divorce granted, is evidence of HIS infidelity. Co-habiting with an affair partner, a presumption of "sleeping together" is made.

Nice attempt to go the whole "Leslie" route though.

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars for a more realistic ending to a relatively bad BTB original story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nothing new. There was need for the 200th follow-up.

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

The best ending so far, by a long shot.

Nice work!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This added nothing to the original. Yawn.

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

good end to the original

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It’s a waste of time unless you’re one of those divorced LDM looking for validation and something to jack off to.

A cliché filled 1* effort

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"This is all your fault!" - I believe she's an adult and can make her own decisions.

\

"You said everything would be ok. That no one would ever know." - How could she say that when she TOLD her husband?

\

"They actually testified against her in court." - What do the kids have to testify about?

\

Not bad, pretty much by the numbers, with a few new wrinkles. Along with Alienation of Affection, can we do away with suing the company? Unless it's a "corporate whore" story,the company has nothing to do with it. MAYBE if they knew about it and encouraged or enabled it, but even there it's doubtful. The wife might have a sexual harassment case, being the lower ranking employee.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Kinda reads like a Hallmark movie with a happy ending. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Very good story, different from the others. I think it may be the best completion of the story yet.

It was great until the end. Why do all stories have the couple having twins. In the USA it’s about 1/100 having twins. These stories it’s like 1/5……LOL

Still enjoyed the story, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

By having sex with Leslie before at least filing for divorce, Rick clearky accepted the terms of Marcy's plan to open their marriage and legally "condoned" her actions. He is able to hold the moral high ground in the divorce he subsequently seeks only through lies and deceit. I am at a loss to understand why the author wishes to reward him for his dishonesty. There are no likeable characters to be found in this variant of "Just Once." Hopefully, the twin girls will find role models inllife other than either of their parents.

nordic46nordic465 months ago

Husband cheated first, wife should have just divorced his lying ass and been done with him, he continued to cheat and lie throughout this story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He changes the locks and she breaks in. It’s her house. His stunt actually could cost him living in the house as he has no right to evict her

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well my gripe concerning this story has to do with Josh and Penny. Her Dr. Friend has been fucking her steadily for at least a week. I personally think that's gone too far. I am not the author but the feel good emotion he's going for falls completely flat.

Great, Leslie doesn't like the lifestyle but she's been fucking who knows how many people. I find it hard to believe Rick wants to take a number.

LanmandragonLanmandragon5 months ago

Despite all the objections of previous commentators, I found this to be the most believable of all the continuations I have read.

waifwaif5 months ago

No.

Sorry....but no.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not at all that everything came out good for him too impossible even in fiction

mndhanson017mndhanson0175 months ago

Yeah, I agree with the two Anons, he condoned Marcy's actions by sleeping with Leslie and other renditions were better because he didn't do that, also it gave him a closing between him and Deidre as they were close friends. Leslie and Vincent were actually fine with their lifestyle, this just failed that relationship, overall, more on the "L" side for this one

HargaHarga5 months ago

Well written but the ending sucks. Sorry, Leslie may be a perfectly nice person but there is no way anyone could tolerate her past activites.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades5 months ago

Enjoyed! Thanks for your writing.

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
Not

As good as other versions, one by having sex with Leslie he lost the hi ground. Well written but... only One Star.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol5 months ago

I enjoyed the element of realism here. Thank you. This was fun!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

From your preamble I thought you might be the very first non BTB story written. I blame the original that gave no quarter to Marcy making it seemingly impossible that there could be another outcome. Not February Sucks quality that could have a variety of endings. Just Once simply sucks as a vehicle for such a thing. Stop writing about multiple endings when there is only one

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

No mention of the pre-trip liaisons at the Red Roof Inn? Josh forgave her, no way! Marcy walked IMO and Leslie was no prize, just the neighborhood slut. You should write your own stories instead of trying to save other authors disasters.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Good addition to the myriad of other stories spawned by Kal’s masterpiece. I need to see Marcy totally destroyed and Dr Trey bleeding to give it top marks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You can't just send a process server to a foreign country. Don't work that way. Even in the LW Universe.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The people that write these comments act like this stuff is real. I liked your story a man moving from a delusional slot wife to a new loving wife that loved him.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Close to a real life solution.

I feel it is a 5 grade some other graders don't agree.

I spent 1 year in an NAM war theater.

Yes, I had two close calls, one that killed 8 civilians, and a pilot the second. 12 aircraft lost near my radar unit that year.

Wife back home was getting lots of sex and pregnant while I was in NAM I found out years and years later.

Yes a french looking gal "Hung" about 20 years old invited me home with her; she spoke perfect Thai, French and I suspect English. We arrived at a very large House near the embassy.

She brought me a slice of cake and pronounced the word "wedding cake" in perfect English. I though about leaving but it was dark then and It was healthy to not travel streets on foot by one's self at night. It only lasted one time. I was probably a sperm donor.

The rest of the story will remain for you-all to imagine. ----- Saw Wa Dee, Bonjour

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It appears some readers have difficulty reading literature and understanding.

Maybe skim reading is the problem.

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

Is there enough cheese in Wisconsin for all of the whiners?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Had to give it 2 stars due to the next door neighbor bit. also not a very good ending for what was initially a well written story with the permission to write an alternate ending

dikupinyadikupinya5 months ago
nice

I have read a lot of these endings, and yours is in the top 5

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

It was okay and you realize this has been done over and over again, so mothing new.

DadieODadieO5 months ago

Great finish

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

Great and nice alternate ending!!! Congratulations! 5 stars from here!

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, may l say one of the better endings

It most certainly scores a 5/5 from me

Well done!!!!!

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Poor

Poor imitation of the original.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A good read. Had you not continued this story then put a period to the this story, I would of felt I'd wasted my time reading it before you finished it. TX

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't really understand these commenters that complain about others talking as if it's real. It's a story about real life, it's meant to suspend disbelief and explore real life issues in a credible and realistic way. So yeah, why get surprised when commenters respond that way, it's kind of a sign at how convincing the writing actually is.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The obsessions with what she may or may not have done is petty. Equally petty is the disproportionate response. It really doesn't paint the wife in a good light. Not that the attitude she showed in the letter helped much either.

Still, trying to lay the whole six weeks fkfest at the feet of a single blowjob years earlier, is a poor excuse for not exploring the real reasons why she felt the need and right to do this. It really did just seem like alien sex ray, fkstick or whatever.

uncle_muduncle_mud2 months ago

One of the better sequals ... Five stars from me

inka2222inka2222about 2 months ago

4.7 stars. Would have been round 5 if Josh didn't decide to be a good cuck and reconcile with his skank. Also, just like 99% of the Just Once sequels, this one still leaves open the question of why the EFF did Diedre tell MC's wife about the blow job??? That made no sense in original story, other than a useless but convenient plot device.

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkabout 2 months ago

thanks for not making this another cuck story. 5 stars

Btrying2Btrying2about 1 month ago

This was a good ending in that there was a divorce for Marcy. My only quibble is with Dr Trey selling scripts on the side. There was no need for that. Firing and the stink of disgrace was good enough for his stupidity in romancing a married woman. The Alienation suit even if having no legs makes Dr Trey’s life lose significant luster and he statue. Rick marrying Leslie I could take or leave, probably leave off. She needs a fresh start with a good man. All in all this is a nice ending. Thanks for taking time to write it. John

Btrying2Btrying2about 1 month ago

One last thought. Diedre’s smug look and comments were meant to put Marcy off balance not to out Rick. She wanted Rick but I don’t believe at cost of throwing him under the bus. My take on that. Taking care of means way too many things to hang that on her smugness. For what that’s worth. John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well done alternate ending. Not a fan of Rick hooking up with Leslie. But otherwise like the quick, decisive actions he took. Why wait? There is no coming back from that letter. Period.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 month ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for the Best Ending to this Famous Kalimaxos story. This is by far the very best. I liked that our hero "got together" with the neighbor Leslie. I liked that he had her served in her hotel room with her lover. It was pretty perfect all the way. Good Job. Thank You for the effort! Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The writing is good quality; Writers' Workshop team leaders should be pleased.

Having read several "alternate endings" to the "Just Once" tale (having appreciated the talent and motivation of each writer) I have concluded that the most bothersome aspect of many is the simplicity of the alternate plot endings and the attempts to portray the MC and/or Leslie in terms of black and white. I know it makes for more manageable writing to have those factors be as they are (in the alternates), but I am left with a vague dissatisfaction--life is not (usually) as simple as it's made out to be in the alternates.

My own abbreviated stabs at writing have always been of such poor quality I couldn't face the ridicule I would engender from those who I greatly admire--the vast majority of Literotica authors. I salute you all. Please keep writing.

MLJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBry1977@Bry1977
241 Followers
Been writing for a while now. As I state in most of my work. This stuff I write is FICTION. Its NOT REAL. If you want to read stuff that is realistic and actually would happen pick up a newspaper. Story's are meant to entertain and overexaggerate a little. If that is something...