Karen & Alexa Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, there's the most beautiful aunt-wife in the entire world," the young man said cheerfully. "How're things there?"

"Fine, outside of missing you," Alexa admitted, blushing, even though she wasn't exactly sure why. "Everything good on your end?"

"Peachy, except you're not here," Alex replied, sitting on their bed. "Went out for paintball yesterday with dad after classes. Took Fre and Jeanie with us."

"Ooh, did you win?" she asked, kicking her feet back and forth slowly, enjoying the image of her husband rampaging across the battlefield.

"Well, dad and I won, is the right way to phrase it," Alex seemed to sigh. "Fre and Jeanie were on our team. Jeanie took out two of our teammates by mistake, one of them less than a second into the game. Freja died when Jeanie used her as a meat shield, then she killed Jeanie in revenge. A lot."

Alexa giggled: "Yeah, that sounds like my bestie. She's really competitive, so getting knocked out early, by accident, would not sit well with her."

Alex shrugged: "She offered to blow one of the refs if he'd overlook her elimination."

This received the raised eyebrow treatment from Alexa. "And he refused? A Freja Kjaer blowjob? Those are legendary. Was he gay?"

"Pretty sure he was, actually," Alex admitted, making her giggle. "She tried to seduce the two other refs, including a woman, after that, but by then, dad and I were the only guys left on our team and we won the match on our own. Took out five guys by myself, I'll have you know."

"My mighty warrior," she cooed, smiling warmly. "Bet all the girls were throwing their panties at you after that match."

"Not so much, but there was an apology blowjob from Jeanie involved, for fucking everything up," he replied cheerfully. "So the first meeting is tomorrow?"

She nodded: "I gotta admit, I'm kinda scared."

"Don't be," he said casually, almost waving it off to give her confidence. "They're no match for you and mom. Are you two enjoying your sister bonding time?"

"You might say that," Alexa answered, trying to keep the sly smirk off her face and hoping she wasn't blushing.

Alex raised an eyebrow now. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

"Would it matter?" she asked, smiling lightly, teasing him.

"Nope, not one bit," he said simply. "I'm glad you two are in this together. You've got almost twenty years to make up for, where you weren't in one another's lives. And taking on the Blackwell empire'll show you just how strong that bond really is, Alexa. You'll be amazed."

She bit her lip and her eyes stung. "I ... I don't feel ready."

"You don't have to," Alex said, leaning in now and speaking quietly but earnestly. "Stick to whatever the plan is, and trust your instincts. Mom trusts them, right?"

Alexa nodded.

"Alexa, I can't tell you how badly I want to be there with you," Alex confessed, still speaking in a low voice. "But you two've got this. You guys need to win this without dad and I being there. The Blackwells need to understand that he and I are not the real threat. It's you and mom."

She smiled: "You're a Blackwell too, y'know."

"Partially," he allowed, shrugging. "But they don't think of me as one, probably to get at mom. I've dreamed some nights about inheriting the controlling interest from her, and then brutalizing the family into submission."

"God, I'd love to see that," Alexa breathed, fanning herself for effect. "Maybe you and I'll do that one day, Alex. With you by my side, I could possibly do that."

"We'll talk," he chuckled. "I can think of more pleasant things than dealing with my Blackwell family on a regular basis."

"Oh? Such as?"

"Getting my eyeballs sucked out my ass, masturbating with a cheese-grater..." Alex replied, counting on his fingers.

"Alex, gross!" she protested, giggling and squirming. "I don't want those images in my head."

"Then don't bring up the Blackwells, I guess," he retorted, smirking. "But seriously, Alexa, I've got complete confidence in you. And you can call me any time you feel like it. I'll leave class in a heartbeat if you're calling."

"Thank you, Alex," she said quietly. "I might just take you up on that. I guess I'd better get ready to turn in; tomorrow feels like it's gonna be here too soon."

Alex nodded: "I know. Text me in the morning, okay? And take lots of pictures, just ... not of you and mom ... y'know ..."

Alexa rolled her eyes and smiled. "I'll try to restrain myself, Romeo. I love you, Alex. You know that, right?"

"Know it? I'm counting on it, it's the best part of my life," he replied, grinning. "I love you too, Alexa. Marry me?"

"Every single day, my love ..." she purred, meaning it with all her heart.

` ***

The conversation in the living room was much the same, although perhaps with less slang involved. Karen sat curled up on the couch, resting her chin on her hand, tilted sideways, and smiling dreamily at her husband. Looming so large in her screen, it was almost like he was here with her. She'd changed into a plush robe, which hugged her tight and made her feel secure.

"So, will the plan we worked out suit your needs, do you think?" he asked, sitting at his desk in the study and looking at her. He was always so much larger-than-life to Karen, even after all these years. She'd never felt anything more reassuring than his titan presence, and she yearned for it now. More than she could ever express, even through tears.

Karen nodded. "The plan is sound, and can be adapted as needed. Alli's quick on her feet, so she'll know what to do at any given moment."

"Does she believe that?" he asked.

"She's willing to trust to my belief in her, which is good enough," Karen remarked. "Sometimes, you just have to follow your orders, and wait for things to pan out. There's no downside to what we devised; it's simply a question of if we planned for everything that might happen."

Mike shrugged: "We've planned for just about every possible attendee, no matter how unlikely, and how they would affect the dynamic. You're even better at improvising and adapting than I am."

"Oh, there's no need to lie, you big dumb," she sighed, shaking her head and smiling. "But I truly think we're about as ready as is possible to be, with every contingency planned for."

"Given that we talked about accidental fire alarms interrupting the proceedings and allowing people time to adjust, you may be right," he reasoned. "Look at it this way: You're introducing them a long-lost Blackwell, one of them. It's not like you're trying to convince them to give you their blessing about marrying some Norman peasant. Remember that kerfuffle?"

"Vividly," she sighed, shaking her head. "How many of them did you threaten with immense personal impact trauma?"

"More than a few," Mike laughed. "But you always get your way in the end, princess, and this time will be no different. I guarantee it."

Her eyes were shining and they stung slightly as she smiled at him. "But without my giant champion."

"You've never needed me, Kar; in your heart of hearts, you know that," Mike said gently but firmly. "You've always been the greater and more accomplished of the two of us."

"Another lie," she smiled again, dabbing at the corner of her eye. "Feanor and Galadriel, you always said. Even if we became Beren and Luthien. And thank you for the lie, of course, but I'm not more accomplished than you, good sir. Your equal in all things, maybe -- except for dreadful humour and dad puns."

"No, you gave me a son to carry on that legacy," Mike laughed. "Can't believe there's still five days to go until you're back. It already feels like a week's gone by."

"For me too," she said quietly, nodding. "I should go sleep; tomorrow promises to be the first of many long days."

He nodded as well. "Go on, princess. Call me whenever you can. Even if I'm in the middle of teaching, I'll take that call."

"I know you will, you naughty boy," she said, smiling and making a 'tut!' motion with her finger. "I love you more than anything, Michael. This is torture without you."

"I feel the same way, Gordon," he replied, his voice heavy with truth. "You give everything in my life meaning. I love you. Now go sleep."

Karen blew a kiss at the screen, closed her laptop and then stood, stretching before heading over to the bathroom. She freshened up before entering the bedroom, finding Alexa just closing her laptop as well.

"So, how's my little boy?" she asked as she approached the bed.

"Too far away," Alexa admitted, sniffling slightly and wiping at the corner of her eyes. "Is it stupid to feel this tortured inside, even thought it's only been four months, really?"

Karen shook her head, smiling at her little sister. "Not where those DeBourne men are concerned, no. Never. It makes perfect sense that you fell in love with Alex the moment you laid eyes on him, Alli. I'm pretty sure that deep inside, it was the same for me, even if it took me another two years almost to admit it. It's good that you feel the hurt, because that means it's real."

"Wow, that's some heavy big-sister wisdom right there, Kar," Alexa said, watching while Karen shed her robe, standing naked in front of her. Once Karen was naked and had turned off the lights, they crawled onto the bed and snuggled together, looking into one another's eyes and caressing one another's cheeks.

"We'll sleep tonight, and then tomorrow begins our war," Karen whispered to her sister, their lips not far apart. "Don't worry, Alli, you're ready for this."

"I can't believe I'm all squashed up against you like this and not drippingly wet and horny," remarked the blonde. "We're gonna have time to take our tensions out on one another, right? Because I'm kinda looking forward to that."

"Trust me, we'll need that time together, after dealing with our family," Karen replied. "We'd better go light on the alcohol though, at least while the meetings are progressing. But in terms of fun, well, let's just say we're going to get our money's worth out of all those toys we bought."

"I can hardly wait," Alexa said, yawning lightly. "But for now, let's just get some Z's, hm?"

Karen just nodded. They kissed lovingly and then closed their eyes, falling asleep quickly. The test of their sisterhood was not far off now.

***

A modern tower in Sainte-Foy ...

On the top floor of the glass and steel edifice, the large boardroom was silent. Around the long, rectangular table, over a dozen men and women waited. Standing at the head of the table, looking casual and unruffled, was Karen. Her smart, crisp business suit gave her a commanding air. Her bobbed bronze hair caught the mid-morning light from the windows, while her unreal tawny-amber eyes betrayed a cool aloofness, something the Blackwell family were all familiar with from her.

She assessed her family members evenly, not at all caring that they were getting impatient, but in fact pleased by it, since this was part of her plan. While she shared several traits with these members of the Blackwell family, such as high intelligence, patrician features and well-to-do upbringings, they were almost all universally ash-blond with pale blue eyes, not unlike her father or younger sister. Karen, however, had stunning bronze or auburn hair, with the red highlights common to her mother's Gordon ancestry.

No one in either family had her unique eye colour, though.

"Oh, really now, Karen, this is quite intolerable," her cousin Rodney blurted in irritation sitting near the head of the table. Next to him, closer to Karen, his son Ripley sat, staring at her, as if he was trying to intimidate her. She couldn't have cared less, of course. The snot-nosed kid was just barely over twenty. "Fashionably late is one thing, but this is just rude and inconsiderate!"

"Patience, Roddy, I already informed you all that she might be a tad late, taking care of some matters for me," Karen replied, not even bothering to look at him. She knew this would make him even madder, since he considered himself the preeminent member of the family, and the natural inheritor of her father's position as chairman and CEO of everything Blackwell Enterprises did. Foolish, of course, but the time to prove that to him would come soon enough.

"Is she incapable of performing her tasks in a timely manner?" asked her uncle Alistair from just down the table. On his mother's side, he was a Struin, and had strong business ties to Asia.

"I daresay not, because anyone else I had tasked to this issue would be late by several hours," she said evenly. "Notice I asked none of you to handle it for me. No, if my sister is even a half hour late, it will still be quite the feat, given what I required."

"And what would that be?" Alastair asked coldly, clearly not impressed with how capricious his niece was being.

She looked at him and smiled: "Business."

They all knew Karen well enough to not pursue the issue any further. She had told them exactly as much as she intended to, and no more was forthcoming under any circumstances. They went back to waiting patiently, except for Rodney's son, who made a show of yawning to express his boredom.

"Is this really necessary, to wait on her like this?" he drawled, attempting to express displeasure.

"A little patience in one's upbringing is never a bad thing," she chided, smiling at him as if he was a wayward child. "Be of good cheer, Master Ripley."

Ripley frowned. The joke was lost on him, but a few people around the table grunted or smirked in amusement at the jest. Karen had told them they would be waiting, and nothing was going to change that. She was the one in charge.

For now.

Inside her pocket, her cellphone buzzed. Karen allowed herself a smile. The show was about to begin. The intercom on the desk blipped at her.

"Mrs. DeBourne, your sister has arrived," said a woman's voice with a Quebecois accent. Karen knew that her family members resented her using her married name, and she played it to her advantage, to keep them off their game. "Shall I show her in?"

"Yes, please, Marie!" Karen said readily. She went back to waiting, while everyone else began shifting around slightly. They hadn't seen this family member in nearly twenty years, and no one knew what to expect. Karen had been decidedly tight-lipped about her younger sister since her return from Europe.

The door to the boardroom finally opened, and Marie held it wide, allowing someone to enter. Some of the older men stood courteously, since they belonged to an age where manners meant something.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Karen announced, smiling. "My sister, Alexandra Aurora Andromeda Blackwell ..."

***

Author's Notes: Welcome to the three-issue story arc called 'Karen & Alexa.' You found this in the I/T section, so I guess I'll start with the obvious and state that yes, indeed, I did cave to pressure from endless emails and PMs in which people expressed a wish to see the Gordon-Blackwell sisters indulge in a physical relationship. There were far more calls for it than people who bothered protesting.

Having said that, I am quite determined that this development will not interfere with the romance that is Alex and Alexa. And frankly, based on what I've been writing of this series down the road, I am more than convinced that I am accomplishing this. Guess you'll just have to wait and see what I mean.

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't had a cliffhanger ending since Alex & Alexa chapter 14, which means since late last year. Goodness, I hadn't realized it was that long. I love my cliffhangers, after all.

You will indeed find that this arc (hopefully convincingly) meshes well with the ongoing Mike & Karen story arc over in Romance. It's October in the story, same as it is right now for us. The weather here in Toronto is pleasantly warm, which some may find unusual if you happen to think of Canada as the Great White North, but our Octobers are often quite mild in Toronto, even with the rain. Quebec City is not much different, I can tell you from personal experience.

If you're the visual type, check out pictures online of the sights and locations I refer to around the city, such as the Chateau Frontenac, the Citadel, or the Plains of Abraham. The city was founded in 1608, making it the oldest extant city in North America. It is beautiful and has a certain classic European 'Old World' charm to it.

While the sisters are in Quebec, I have published Mike & Karen chapter 10 alongside this offering, since they happen at the same time. Consequently, Karen & Alexa 2 will sync up with the events of Mike & Karen 11, and Karen & Alexa 3 will publish concurrently with Mike & Karen 12, before returning to the regular format. The Mike & Karen story will carry most of the flashback stories about how the two met and eventually became the couple we all know and love today.

Any sexual dynamic between them aside, I'm quite enthralled with the relationship between the sisters as members of a prominent family, and how it shapes them. Karen is a veteran of the Blackwell Wars, so to speak, while Alexa is an unknown and untested factor. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage for her, of course, but with Karen guiding her, she probably doesn't have that much to worry about.

I'm determined to pound out this entire arc in October, for myriad reasons. As I've mentioned before, Freja and Jeanie will be getting their own series soon, because they've proven immensely popular. Not surprising, given what total lunatics they are.

Guess I'd better get a move on; these stories won't write themselves, will they?

Keep your stick on the ice!

Management