Kate and Edith Too Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

VII. AREN'T WHAT HONEY?

I left her sitting there and headed out. I focused on my work, but what Jen had told me, kept intruding on my thoughts. We made it through the rest of the week doing our normal routine, mostly. Jen and I tried to play it cool around each other without raising suspicions.

Saturday morning, we had to do some grocery shopping and run a couple errands. Jen stayed home and offered to have lunch ready when we returned. After lunch, we decided on pool ops and hit our first hiccup.

"Jen, Jack, would you mind if we made a change for the pool and sunbathing?" Liz asked.

"What's that, babe?"

"I'm getting a tan line from wearing the bikini bra, and with certain clothes, the tan lines are distracting, and I'm used to the solid tan and like it. So, I was hoping..."

"To go back to being topless? You have my vote." I blithely interrupted.

"Um, I was going to say, 'and would it be okay if we ladies didn't wear them anymore', that is if Jen would be comfortable with it. It may be silly, but I just don't want to be the only gal going around with her boobs hanging out. Jen, do you understand?"

"I guess...um, that would be okay, but, Jack, will it bother you?" Jen asked, giving me a look like, "Is there any way to avoid this without raising suspicion."

I knew I had to respond how Liz would expect, "Hmmm, lemme' think. One set of beautiful breasts is one thing, but two sets? Mmm, I don't know. I guess I can tolerate it if I have to."

Liz punched me in the arm, "Well, I guess you will! And make that three sets, unless you're going to start wearing a bra."

"Hey, they're not sagging that much, are they?" I joked back.

It certainly wasn't going to make things any easier on me.

Sunday, we went hiking again at Jen's request, and went to a different spot we liked, where there were several trails that lead to interesting rock formations and some Native American rock drawings.

When we got home, we cleaned up and decided to go out, as nobody had the energy to cook. I remember thinking the week had gone well, and that Jen's issue wasn't going to be a problem.

When we got home from dinner, Liz wanted a light cocktail, specifically some tequila sunrises, and to spend some time in the night air, and relax before the workweek. She put on a cd of what I think of as 'slow-dance classics'. We changed for the patio, and I made the drinks and brought them out where the girls were already sitting and relaxing.

After we had sat and had a drink, Liz took my hand, "Come on, lover," and pulled me up.

We embraced and began dancing. It felt good to hold her and I was enjoying the evening. After dancing, we sat and returned to sipping our drinks and just enjoying the music and the night sky.

Liz poked me, "Aren't you going to ask Jen to dance?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. She just looked pretty relaxed. Jen, would you like to dance?"

"Oh, um, thank you. I'm a little tired..."

Immediately sitting forward in her chair, Liz snapped, "Okay, what the hell is going on with you two?" looking from one of us to the other, fixing us with a penetrating stare.

I was stunned, completely caught off guard, "What? Nothing. What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the two of you. Did you have a fight? Has some kind of problem developed between you? Something's up."

"No, absolutely not. We are fine with each other. There's nothing..." Jen's voice trailed off.

"Right, we're not fighting or anything, honey..."

"Don't 'honey' me. Something's up. This whole week, you two have seemed real cool towards each other, and today, when we were hiking, you never once offered Jen a hand when she was struggling to get up a section of trail or anything. That's not you. And then, Jen turns down a dance with you. I have to throw the bullshit flag, here. Something's wrong...or something's up!" she finished, pressing her lips together in a thin line and furrowing her brow.

Jen and I were stuck. Neither of us knew how to respond.

After glancing back and forth between us, Liz said, "Okay, I don't want to ask this, but if you two 'are not' having any problems between you, I don't know what else it could be...unless you two are...you aren't..."

Stupidly, I asked, "Aren't what, honey?"

"Sleeping together," she murmured, almost under her breath, then looking directly at me and pinning me with her eyes, she spit out, "Jack, are you fucking my sister?"

"Shit! Geez, Liz, what the hell? No! Absolutely not!"

"Well then...I'm sorry...I don't understand..." she sputtered, shaking her head.

Jen stuck out her hand, palm facing my wife, "Liz, sis...I can explain...Of course, I'm not having sex with your husband. And we aren't fighting or having any problems between us. Well, not that kind. There is a problem...no, just listen. Let me finish. There is a problem, actually, my problem, but we addressed it, and we're dealing with it..."

Liz interrupted, "What kind of problem? Why didn't you tell me..."

"Damn it, Liz; I didn't want you to know. You guys don't have any grass, do you? No, I know you don't. I could use some right now."

"I can get some. There's a store not too far..." I was mumbling.

"Jack, shush. Jen, what have you been keeping from me? What..."

"Liz, honey, please. This is going to be hard enough. Let me...give me a second, will you?"

I refreshed our drinks.

"Thanks Jack," Jen said, taking the drink and sitting back in her chair. She took a swig, tilted her head back and closed her eyes. She stayed that way for a minute, then sat up.

"Liz, I have...developed 'feelings' for Jack...um, strong feelings, and have wanted...desired...been wanting to sleep with him...I'm sorry," she finished.

Liz sat silently, expressionless for a moment, then chuckled and put a hand to her forehead, "That's what this is about?"

Jen, looking as surprised as me, answered, "Um, well yes. And I confessed this to Jack, and asked him to help me...help me to put some distance between us..."

"That's what's been going on? You've been trying to distance yourselves from each other?"

"Well, yes. I didn't want you to know, didn't want to hurt you and..."

"Jen, stop. You should have just told me. I thought something was really wrong. You guys had me worried..."

"Liz, weren't you listening? I have feelings...strong feelings for your husband, and desire..."

"Oh, good grief, Jen...I'm sorry. I know you think I should be upset. But, please understand, I'm not. And compared to what I thought might be wrong, this is good news. Sis, if I got upset every time someone, some female wanted to sleep with Jack, I'd stay upset. Every chippie in my office wants a shot at him.

Look, I understand. Jack is wonderful, special, and he's a hunk. And he has made no secret of the fact that he finds you attractive. And I encouraged him in that. I thought you needed it. So, it's natural for you to have those feelings."

Jen was looking at my wife like she didn't think Liz quite got it.

"Jen, honey, it's okay. And your problem is not lost on me. You've lost Charles...though it doesn't sound like you lost much; but I know, he was all you had; and you've lost everything else; you've been feeling lonely; and as you have pointed out, before you got here, you hadn't had a lot in the way of love or affection from a man in quite a while. And then Jack shows you kindness, warmth, compassion, and lets you know he finds you attractive...and now, you have feelings for him; and yes, I know, you're lusting after him. Am I missing anything?"

Jen just shook her head, no.

Liz stretched her hands out, gently grasped Jen's and held them, looking her in the eyes, "You need a distraction, and a man of your own. I can't help with the man right now, but I can with the other. If you would like the receptionist job at my office, it's yours. I talked to Rob. He thinks it's a great idea," she smiled.

Jen smiled back, "Of course, yes...But about..." she started.

"Yeah, I know...still a problem...We'll work on it. In the meantime, I'll still share Jack with you, to a point!" she smiled, "Now, dance with my husband. I insist."

Jen and I danced, a little awkwardly at first, but eventually she laid her head on my shoulder, relaxed against me, and we danced through two songs.

So, with that secret out and put behind us, things settled down. Jen and I relaxed around each other - no more avoidance, but I felt we had just put a band-aid on the problem. There was sexual tension there, ever present, and I knew Jen was having trouble with her feelings for me; I could see it in her eyes, her expressions and body language, especially when she didn't think she was being observed. For that matter, I wasn't kidding myself about how she affected me. I liked Jen, I was attracted to her, and yes, she lit a fire in me. I would never do anything, but there was this thing between us, always there, sometimes inconvenient, always disconcerting.

But I had gotten very busy and was struggling not to get behind on my jobs, and had to put in extra hours to keep things under control. So, I was preoccupied until the weekend arrived.

The End of Part Two of Five

Of

KATE AND EDITH TOO