Kathoey

Story Info
The life of a beautiful Thai woman with a difference.
21.4k words
4.67
12.1k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,313 Followers

A/N - Hello. Figured I'd write a short explanation before we get into the meat and bones of the story.

The term 'ladyboy' will be frequently used in the following story. In the west, it can be considered somewhat derogatory. 'Kathoey' in Thailand are considered an unofficial third gender, though due to the flux of Thai politics, it's usually one step forward in regard to true equality, then one step back in another for transgender people in Thailand. But while they have many issues, the Thai people are considered to be more accepting and welcoming of 'kathoey' than most other nations in the region. Not saying it's perfect by any means but it's more progressive than even many western nations.

The above is all a very basic explanation, but a simple internet search of the term 'kathoey' will provide much more information, and why the word 'ladyboy', in their culture and context, isn't as significant an issue compared to other matters such as having the third gender being officially recognised.

Anyway, this is all fantasy in the end and I'm sure many readers have no doubt seen the term 'ladyboy' used across the internet when it comes to describing transwomen from the eastern parts of Asia. Yes, it does have negative connotations in some circumstances, particularly in regards to sex workers in the area, but it is not considered discriminatory in their culture.

One more thing. I did a little research on gender confirmation surgery (now called this instead of reassignment surgery). I'm assuming all countries are different, so I've kept the process rather simplified. Again, this is fictional and I'm guessing you don't need a step-by-step accurate portrayal, but done my best to give a flavour of what might happen.

Regardless of all the above, I hope you do enjoy the story.

Usual caveats. All editing and reviewing done by the author with Microsoft Word. Spelling is usually spot on. Australian / British English. Definitely the occasional typo. Grammar can be ropey at times, but it's been a long time since I sat in a classroom. All mistakes owned up to by the author. Please remember this is only fantasy and I'm an amateur, as in, I don't get paid for this. I write because it's a hobby.

Comments and feedback appreciated as always.

*****

"Think he'll be back this week?" Amy asked, "When was the last time he missed his Thursday night massage?"

Melanie felt herself blushing as she folded another towel. "He's nothing more than a customer, Amy. Just because we've built a rapport during his visits doesn't mean anything else is going on."

"It's more than that, Melanie, and you know it. Ever since his first visit, he's asked for you to massage him..."

"Because I know where all his aches and pains are. You know he'll come in on a Monday if he had a particularly hard rugby league game on a Saturday. I know where the real knots will lie across his body."

Belinda decided to stick her head through the door. "Ask him out, Melanie. He quite obviously comes back here for a reason, and I don't think it's just for your massage."

"And we're not even the sort of place that gives a happy ending, so you must be doing something right," Amy suggested. She didn't reply and Amy moved closer towards her. "He doesn't know, does he? Is that what worries you?"

"This isn't Thailand, Amy. I know this country is probably more welcoming than many others, but that doesn't mean it's easy either. Most men still freak out when they hear a woman still has her boy bits."

"But you're a proud ladyboy. We all are in this place! And I honestly don't think Mark is going to be someone who will freak out because you are one."

"Hell, if he's like most Western guys, he'd love to fuck a ladyboy," Belinda only half-joked.

Their manager, Christine, wandered in to find the three of them gossiping. Hands at her hips, she tried to look a little angry but her face eventually broke into a smile. She was a ladyboy like all of them who worked at the massage parlour, though she was in her late-40s, at least twenty years older than her staff, but happily married to an Australian man, step-mother to his three children from a previous marriage. Despite what many likely thought, the parlour was completely professional. Happy endings were not offered and there was no sex involved at all. The ladyboy's who worked there were trained to provide comfort and relaxation by soothing aching muscles and joints with their nimble fingers, not stripping naked and offering other sort of services.

"Belinda, your 4pm massage will be here shortly. Start preparing room two. Amy, you, Elisa and Joy will be taking care of any walk-ins. Being a Thursday, I'd expect a busy evening." Then she turned to Melanie. "Mark called a few minutes ago. He'll be here at 6pm. He's running a little late due to work but asked if you could wait the extra hour for him."

"Of course I will," she replied softly. She would wait until midnight if he asked her to. Amy wasn't wrong. She liked the man a lot. She liked to think they had more than just the relationship between staff and customer.

Finishing her task, she checked her phone and noticed it was getting towards the time Mark would arrive. He'd been visiting the parlour for at least two years by now. He'd come in the first time due to an injury he'd suffered playing rugby league, and after struggling for half a week, gave up and walked into their parlour.

Walking into the small room that first time, she was greeted by a handsome man in a business suit, clearly unsure as to the protocol. She asked him to strip down to his underwear before getting onto the table. As she prepared the oils and towels required, she took note of his muscular form. Standing only five-four herself, she guessed he was a little over six-foot. Broad shoulders and chest, upon which lay a thin layer of dark hair. His arms looked strong. He didn't have defined abs, but his lower torso was toned, and he had strong legs.

"I play rugby league on the weekends, so keep fit," he stated. She blushed as he'd noticed her looking.

"Can you get on the table please?" she asked softly.

"Sure."

Once he was comfortable, she asked, "Where are the major points of concern?"

"My neck and lower back. Neck has been particularly painful since the weekend. Lower back plays up every so often due to being sat down at my desk most of the day, and sport on the weekend probably doesn't help in that."

"Okay. The one thing I need to ask is that you remain relaxed. Have you had a massage before?"

"I have but it's usually a quick thing after a game. I'm hoping for an all over body experience here."

She smiled as she said, "Well, I'm hoping I do a good enough job that you will be a return customer."

That first massage led to his return the next Thursday. When she walked in to find him waiting for her again, she felt herself blushing. He stripped down without being prompted and lay down on the table. She enjoyed giving massages as she took pride and joy in helping those suffering with aches and pains, making them feel better after perhaps suffering for a few days and weeks.

He certainly appreciated her talents as he'd groan whenever her fingers found a particular spot that needed her attention. She giggled at the end of his first massage when he stated his whole body felt like jelly, but he hadn't felt so relaxed in a long time. She blushed again at the compliment. What she grew to like even more about him was he was always polite and friendly, showing an interest in her as a person. But most importantly, he never tried to turn it sexual. Some male customers learned they were ladyboy's and made assumptions, figuring they'd give happy endings or perhaps a full body massage in terms of ending in sexual release. More than one customer turned violent when they were told to leave.

Mark had been present one evening when a customer had turned violent when Amy told him such services were not offered, and therefore he was to leave. Hearing her cry out, Melanie had never seen a man move so quickly. In just his boxer-briefs, he sorted the situation out quickly, practically dragging the man out by his hair and throwing him out the door. Thursday night shoppers stopped and gawked as he loomed over the other man, who quickly turned tail and scurried off.

"Sorry about all that," he'd told all the staff. Christine waved him off and said his next three massages would be at least half price. Amy swooned and had an immediate crush on him. Melanie met his eyes and blushed. It was nice to see a man who cared without wanting anything in return. Well, except a relaxing massage.

What she'd learned was something he slowly started to open up about every week. There was no doubt he'd been stressed during those first few weeks and months. It wasn't just work and lingering injuries from his weekend matches. He admitted to problems with his marriage that just made everything even worse.

Six months after he had started coming in, she noticed his wedding ring had disappeared. It was easy to notice as the skin where his ring had been on his third finger was paler. She couldn't stop herself from mentioning it. He sighed before admitting his marriage was over. From what she was told, his wife had wanted 'freedom', whatever that meant, but he added that she'd wanted to go swinging, or have an open relationship. He said she could go fuck all the guys she wanted, but he wasn't going to hang around being her husband.

"I left her a month ago but it didn't feel right taking off my ring so quickly," he added, "But I know she's already out there on dating apps. Shows me she had no interest in our marriage any longer so why should I?"

"I'm sorry, Mark. I didn't know it was that bad," she replied softly, her fingers working his shoulders.

He turned his head and smiled at her. "Thanks, Melanie. It sucks but it's for the best. If I'm in a monogamous relationship, I expect both of us to be true to each other. She wants to live the single life, well, now she can do that."

"I think she's a fool."

"Well, at least you agree with my parents, sister and most of my friends. Shame she didn't see it that way."

Aware the divorce process was slow, she knew when Mark was having a stressful week compared to not. And if something was going on with the soon to be ex-wife, that's when he'd occasionally show up in a bad mood and he needed a deep massage. He'd always apologise if he was short with her or anyone else, trying to remain friendly at all times with the staff, but after a year, everyone knew about his personal life. Melanie may have been his regular massage therapist, but he'd talk to all the girls in the parlour before and after. He was only one of a few weekly regulars.

For two years, he'd been visiting regularly on a Thursday and would usually add a Monday visit once or twice a month, particularly if he'd been left battered after a weekend league game. Once his divorce was finalised, she knew he'd moved into an apartment and was enjoying his single life. The occasional date he'd mention, but he admitted to taking things slow as he was still feeling a little bruised after the divorce had turned quite bitter.

During the last couple of months, their conversations had turned rather personal, but his focus was now on her instead. He still didn't know that every massage therapist in the parlour was a ladyboy. Christine had insinuated more than once that they all were, but was either missing what she was saying or he was just too polite to make a big deal about it. But she noticed he was lightly flirting with her more often, and was full of questions about her life.

She was born in Australia but her parents had been immigrants from Thailand, arriving at a young age with their parents with Australia opened their borders in the mid-1970s. From a young age, she knew she was different to her two older brothers, feeling she shared more in common with an older sister and her younger sister. When she felt confident enough, she sat down with her parents and shared her feelings. Her father was his usual stoic self, not really giving away his feelings, but her mother hugged her tightly and started to explain to her what she was experiencing.

"They don't really use the term here, but back in Thailand, you would be what people call 'kathoey', Melanie. Here, for someone from our culture, they call them 'ladyboy'," her mother explained, "You feel you're a girl?"

"Yes, Mum."

"Would you like to go buy some girly clothes?"

"Is that okay?"

"Of course. And I'll ask Cheryl to perhaps share some of her older clothes with you."

Cheryl, her older sister, turned out to be her biggest supporter, slowly helping Melanie find her own style. As she entered high school and came out as a 'ladyboy', using the term with her English speaking teachers and students so they understood. Most didn't really care, and anyone who caused trouble had to deal with her two older brothers. She was quickly adopted by most of the girls in her school year and a few were still friends to this day.

Though she'd had minor surgeries, she still retained her petite figure. Hormonal therapy had given her a pair of small breasts that she was happy with, never feeling it necessary to go under the knife, though she didn't blame those who wanted a larger bust. Her cock still worked to a point, though she didn't cum that much any longer. She had looked into gender confirmation surgery, but it was expensive plus quite an undertaking, both psychologically and physically. She didn't hate having boy bits but did yearn for the day she could stand naked in front of a mirror and see what she called 'a full woman'.

"Melanie! Mark's here!" Christine called from the reception area, "Usual room, Mark."

"Thanks, Chris. Are you well?"

"No complaints."

"And Robert?"

"Still a randy old bastard."

"Well, I can't blame the old man, Chris. If I walked in the front door each evening to find you waiting for me..."

"Hush now. People will assume things, and maybe I'd rather those assumptions didn't get back to my husband."

"I just know Robert is a very lucky man, Chris. Then again, I'm a very lucky man to come here once a week."

Melanie giggled to herself as he lightly flirted with Christine every time he arrived as it was harmless. She was happily married and he'd never do anything except be friendly with her. It made her giggle, Mark would smile, then he'd walk through to meet her. She was preparing her oils and towels when he walked in. Turning to greet him, he stopped and smiled at her, his eyes drinking her in. She was more than aware by now that he was attracted to her, but he was a customer and she had promised herself to never date a customer.

Didn't stop her feeling as strongly attracted to him in return though. And she knew that, one day, she might just have to break her own promise if he did ask her out.

Opening up her phone, she selected the music app, relaxing music playing as he undressed. Over the past two years, she'd seen his body become even more defined. He'd joked that sexual frustration led to more time spent in the gym as he found he had far more energy that needed to be expelled. Once he was down to his underwear, she looked him up and down more than once, his eyes sparkling in the low light of the room. She thought he had the most gorgeous blue eyes that she'd ever seen on a man.

Without being told, he slid onto the table as she got to work with the oil. Though she would give her regular massage, she asked each time about points of concern. Considering the sport he played, it was something different every week. He loved her fingers working his legs, and he always groaned when her fingers dug into the muscles around his upper back and shoulders. He'd always compliment her, and even after two years, he'd leave her blushing and giggling.

Finishing her massage, she helped wipe him down, and he always took a shower afterwards, not wanting residual oil ruining his shirts. More times than she could count, she felt the urge to just strip off and go join him. She wasn't the only ladyboy there to think that. She knew Amy was just as attracted, but would never do anything as she knew how Melanie felt at heart. Considering Amy did enjoy fucking every so often, she did wonder how Mark would react to that sort of offer. He seemed the sort of man who'd be flattered but politely decline.

He returned dressed in his usual business suit. She knew he worked in the city but drove out of his way to visit their parlour every Thursday. She handled his transaction as always. Walking him to the door, she'd run her fingers down his arm as he said goodbye. She'd wish him goodbye in return, hoping to see him again on the Thursday, though perhaps she'd see him on the Monday if he wanted a special treat. Nearly every time in the past few months, she almost wished he'd just take her in his arms and kiss her, maybe taking that leap and asking her out.

She knew she'd say yes without hesitation, promises to herself be damned.

"I'll see you next week, Melanie," he said softly.

"I look forward to it as always, Mark."

Opening the door for him, she gazed into his eyes. Her legs almost went from under her when he smiled. She knew everyone was watching at the same time, hoping for her that he'd finally admit he liked her and that the only reason he was visiting was to see her. But maybe, despite liking her, he still thought of himself as nothing but a customer, and as she always treated him professionally, that's what their transaction was.

Watching him walk out the door, she couldn't help sigh as he glanced back once and smiled at her again before he walked away. Closing the door, she hung her head and had to blink back the tears. She'd liked him for so long but it was the fear that stopped her making that first move. Christine wrapped a loving arm around her shoulders.

"It's difficult, Melanie," she said softly, leading her back to the staff room at the rear of the parlour, "But I've also seen how he treats you, how he speaks to you, his general behaviour in your presence. He clearly likes you, Melanie, but I think he's hesitant. I have no doubt..."

Her words were cut off by the ding from the front door, letting her know a customer had arrived. As they were about to close up, she'd likely have to ask the customer to return the next day. Unless he offered plenty of money, then one of the girls would happily remain back to help out whoever the customer was. Melanie was nursing a mug of tea when Christine walked in.

Without saying a word, she took her hand and led her back to the reception. She almost wept when Mark was standing there, looking adorably awkward as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, clearly as nervous as she was. Christine disappeared, Melanie hearing the door close that kept the reception area separate from the rooms out the back.

She felt herself shaking with nerves as he stepped towards her, having to lift her head to keep her gaze on his eyes. When both his hands gently grasped her much smaller hands, she realised it was the first time he'd ever done that. "We've known each other two years by now, Melanie," he said softly, the same tone he always used when speaking to her, "I think we know each other rather well, right?"

"Yes, Mark. I think I know you better than my own family!"

He chuckled, which made her smile at him. She loved hearing him chuckle. It was a sound that was missing during the first few months he'd visited the parlour. "I'm not sure what your policy is on dating someone who visits this place..."

"Please ask me out, Mark," she whispered, resting a hand on his chest, almost pleading with her eyes for him to finally make that leap, take that chance. She was going to break her promise. She had to as she wanted to finally have that chance at happiness.

UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,313 Followers