Kevin's Kitty Rescue: The Novel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would that work?" Marla asked.

The cat sighed, "I should be able to tonight. Just let the human take care of them for now."

"What am I doing?" Kevin asked, making the cat jump slightly.

"Oh... Good... Good morning, human," she said rather stiffly.

Kevin just sighed and started getting breakfast ready. He couldn't imagine this cat had had a particularly comfortable existence. Especially if it had human intelligence, but he hoped that it could get over its prejudice and give him a fair chance. So setting out seven bowls filled with food, Kevin grabbed an apple for himself. He did notice that Marla's plate from last night was empty, but she didn't seem to be interested in eating for the meantime. So after quickly finishing his apple, Kevin got four bottles ready for the kittens. As he set them down, Marla hopped onto the bench and began collecting them up, when Kevin touched her shoulder.

"I'll feed them, you eat," Kevin said softly.

Marla turned to snarl at him, but before she could respond, he pulled her into his arms. Her snappy retort melted away as she leaned into his embrace, though she did catch herself before she started purring. "They're my responsibility," she said softly.

Kevin just nodded his head, "True. But that doesn't mean I and the others can't help. You need to keep your strength up. So eat your breakfast, while I feed your grandkittens and you can go back to caring for them when you're done."

Marla sighed softly, before nodding her head. Releasing her from his clutches, she looked up at him for a brief moment, before darting in and lightly kissing him. Kevin just pretended it never happened and left her to her meal. It was better that way, she had a reputation to uphold after all. Turning, Kevin headed for the lounge, there was no need to watch the food, each kitty knew their bowl and wouldn't steal from the others. Settling himself down on the couch, he reached for the remote, when he felt the couch shift beside him. Turning, he was face to face with the strange cat.

"Human, we need to talk."

"... Kevin... We need to talk," He gently chastised her. She frowned and seemed to look uncertain for a moment. Kevin just sighed and rubbed his face. Conversations weren't his strong suit, but the attitude this cat was giving him, wasn't something he wanted to deal with. "What should I call you?"

The cat just sat for a moment with her tail twitching, "You may call me, Bastet."

Kevin cocked an eyebrow, "Like the goddess?" The toothy grin from the cat was his reply. "Alright, how come you can talk and what is it you want from me?"

"I want you to wake up," she said evenly.

Kevin just frowned and shook his head. "I don't understand."

"No, I didn't think you would."

Kevin jerked as he snored himself awake. Blinking in the semi-darkness, Sable, curled in his lap, began to purr. Kevin looked down at her happy, furry face and felt something in his heart break, even as he scratched her under the chin.

"I'm sorry," Bastet said softly.

Kevin turned his head to regard the skinny cat. "I... I don't..." he lost the ability to speak as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"None of it is real," she said softly. "Though yes, Marla's child is out there if you want to find her."

Blinking away the tears, Kevin gently put Sable aside as he made to stand.

"I... I need to-"

"There is another way," Bastet mumbled softly.

Kevin trembled and rubbed his face. "I don't know if I should love you or hate you right now. You let me feel things I hadn't felt in a long time, and you took that from me-"

"And I can let you feel them again."

"A dream?" Kevin asked, shaking his head.

"Kevin," Bastet called as he turned away.

Kevin was angry, hurt and confused beyond belief. He had just begun to accept that his kitties were catgirls and loved him as much as he loved them. And now they are gone. He still felt that love and knowing Marla's child was out there, he needed to do something. So the hand that caught his elbow made him pause.

Glancing down, he could see black furred hands ending with small sharp claws. Turning, he looked over Bastet as she stood as a catgirl before him.

"I am the goddess of fertility," she said softly. "Part of fertility is love, and I can feel how much your heart is breaking at their loss."

"What do you want?"

"To give it back."

Kevin paused, "And what would that accomplish?"

"More than you realise, and I only need one thing." Kevin sighed, and Bastet continued. "The dream is of a realm. Superimposed over this one. One where your catgirls will be real along with so much more. It is the world I belong to, when I was worshipped by the Egyptians and the Greeks. When their society collapsed, I was cast out and left here in the world of mortals. But with you, I can go back, and I can take you with me."

Kevin frowned, "And leave my kitties?"

Bastet shook her head. "Don't think of it like two different places. Think of it like one place, but you've been living your life wearing blinders. I'm offering to take them off, so you can have that dream and I can return to where I belong."

"What do you need me for?"

Bastet just grinned. "Kevin, I need you to love, as you have always done. This world has been without me for some time. And while some things will be very similar, other things will be vastly different. My people need me, and I'm hoping that you can help me."

"What, you think in a world where animals are humanoid, that people would still abuse them?"

Bastet gave him a level stare, "Humans in this world seem to base their reactions to people based on melatonin. Do you honestly think having ears, a tail or fur would make humans more accepting?"

Kevin blinked for a moment, "What happens to this world?"

"A proxy," Bastet's smile thinned. "It'll be you, all your memories, all you love, all your support. But... NOT, you at the same time. YOU will be elsewhere."

"You're asking me to leave my kitties, for copies," Kevin frowned.

"No Kevin," Bastet shook her head. "You and your kitties. In the same way that you woke up in a dream world where they were humanoid, they will wake up remembering being simple cats. I'm offering to make that dream world real. And again, the passage of time hasn't shifted. Marla's daughter-"

"Flower."

Basete smiled. "Flower is still out there. You have time to save her. But you need to decide this now."

Kevin frowned and looked around the room. His kitties were all around, as they usually would be. He looked down at Sable who stared up at him with big, happy eyes. He remembered that same expression as she rode him and felt an uncomfortable tightness in his pants. Was it selfishness that made him want to commit? Was it nervousness that made him want to stay? Was it simply fear of the unknown?

"On the other side," Kevin turned to face the cat goddess. "You promise. My kitties come too? They won't be copies, they'll be MY kitties?"

Bastet smiled and nodded her head. "I'm the goddess of fertility, part of fertility is love. And if I broke that, you inevitably would come back to this world, and I would be forever banished to find another human that would suit my needs."

"So you're saying that this is all up to me?"

Bastet nodded slowly, "If you refuse, I may stay a while. But my goal is to return to my world. But for that, I need worshippers to use as a base of power. We go to that world, you work in my stead, spreading my name and I can keep us there. Once my name has spread far enough, you could retire. Live comfortably with your kitties if you wanted. But I need your help getting there."

Kevin stroked Sable's head and felt the way she butted up into his hand.

"And the dream?"

"Only a dream," Bastet said. "But I based their reactions to you on their own memories to make them as real as I could."

Kevin blushed slightly, "And... You think..."

"If I had money, I'd put money down that Sable will attempt to seduce you within a day of realising it's possible."

Kevin nodded slowly. "What do I need to do?"

Bastet smiled, "This isn't a magic pill moment. The easiest way is simply to go to bed."

Kevin nodded and pulled Sable into his arms where she purred and snuggled like she always did. "I... I suppose-"

"Goodnight Kevin," Bastet interrupted with a smile and a nod. "I'll see you in the morning."

Kevin nodded, before realising how very naked she was. "Right."

Bastet watched him dart from the room with Sable in his arms. Then giggled softly. It had been a LOOONG time since she'd been with a man.

Chapter Four

Kevin snorted awake at the sound of a loud screech. Sitting upright, a heavy weight thumped to the floor beside the bed.

"Ouch! Master!"

Kevin blinked as cries and exclamations rang out. There was thumping and crashing going on downstairs and Kevin reached for the bedside lamp. Switching it on, he could see Sable. His beautiful Sable. She lay on the floor, wide eyed in disbelief as she stared at her hand. Kevin threw himself on top of her. Kissing her hard, she yowled in surprise before mimicking the motions. Pulling away, Kevin smiled down at her.

"Master?"

"It's going to be okay, I promise."

"MASTER!" One of the twins called from downstairs.

Kevin got to his knees and scooped Sable into his arms. She stared at him, awestruck as Kevin lifted her up onto the bed. Pulling down the blanket, Kevin got her comfortable. Sable just stared up at him perfectly silent, but content to be pampered. He smiled as he pulled the blanket up to her chin. Sable took a deep breath.

"Master?"

"Everything's going to be okay, Sable," Kevin leaned down and kissed her cheek, earning a smile and a slight purr. "But right now, there's an emergency I need to take care of."

"MASTER!"

"And that," Kevin nodded. "Rest up, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"O-okay, master," Sable nodded.

Kevin quickly dressed in long pants and a jacket before rushing downstairs. He almost tripped on Gemma, who was crawling up them, but he paid her no mind even when she meowed at his passing form. Rushing into the kitchen, Grace and Harriet were holding Marla who glared furiously as she rubbed her head. Kevin blinked for a moment before it occurred to him that they were all nude. He'd done this once before, he could do it again.

"Master," Harriet murmured.

"Listen up kitties!" Kevin called out. "This is an emergency. I need all of you to stay here, stay quiet and stay away from the windows until I get everything fixed. Marla, I need you to put some clothes on and come with me."

"I'm a cat, I don't wear clothes," Marla growled, shooting him a death glare.

Kevin bent down and took her hand, mindful of her lip curling like she was about to bite. "I can explain this all later. But right now, Flower is in a lot of danger and I need you to help me save her."

Marla's whole expression shifted. Her face went white with shock and she gaped, "How?"

"No time, please?" Kevin offered his hand.

Marla took it and he pulled her upright. She was awkward on two legs and Kevin supported her as he brought her back up the stairs. He sat her on the edge of the bed beside Sable who seemed to have a permanent smile stuck on her face. Marla just looked shocked. Kevin grabbed out a pair of sleeping pants he wore in the winter. It had an elastic waistband and he bent. Pausing at the sight of her catlike feet, Kevin slipped the pants on over her ankles and started pulling them up.

"This... This is strange master," Marla frowned. "What happened?"

"Do you all remember the cat I rescued that got out the other day?"

"Yes?"

I nodded my head, "You can thank her when I find her. Right now, we need to get to Flower."

Returning to the wardrobe I found an old hoodie from my teens and quickly stuffed her into it. With a final look at Sable who watched me back with big eyes, I took Marla by the hand and brought her downstairs. Gemma was pouting at the bottom, so I ruffled her ears as I went and quickly herded Marla out the front door. She blinked and looked around at the night sky. She and the others had been indoors for so long, being outside must have been a real adjustment. I brought her to the car and opened the door. It took me a moment to get her in the seat and buckled in, before I ran around to the other side.

"I always hated this thing," Marla frowned.

"Was it the car you hated, or the carrier?"

Marla cocked her head to one side as Kevin started the engine. "I'm not sure. Though I don't feel quite so restricted right now."

"Well no more carriers then," Kevin smiled as he backed out the driveway.

"Where are we going anyway?"

"Not far," Kevin frowned, thinking about where exactly he wanted to go. The shop was the obvious choice, but he could cut around to the alleyway in the back where he found her in the dream. That might be the better option. Though there was no guarantee that this world would be the same as the last, so he hurried along.

Pulling around the store, Kevin turned into the alleyway and froze. There were... Well... several naked... animal people. Three looked like dogs, two of those were male with a smaller female between them. The fourth person was a heavily pregnant catgirl.

"Flower!" Marla gasped.

"You stay in the car," Kevin said firmly.

Marla yowled softly as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Kevin climbed out of the car, leaving the headlights on the scene ahead.

"Human!" One of the males growled.

"What does a human want?" The female yipped.

The last and largest of the males turned to face me. "GO AWAY HUMAN!"

The catgirl just looked terrified. Kevin could see she had several bruises down her arms, legs and face. She was clutching her stomach.

"Come on pups," Kevin called out. "I just want the cat."

"Stupid human," the smaller male growled. "Not letting you have the chew toy."

"She's not a chew toy!' Kevin snapped. "She's pregnant and needs help!"

The dog frowned for a moment. "Did human just guess what I said?"

"This human is weird," the female growled.

"Don't be stupid," the large male growled. "I'll scare him off, then we can kill the trespasser."

He ran towards Kevin, yelling like a crazy person. Kevin felt a little intimidated as he rushed up, until Kevin realised that he was actually bigger than the dog man was.

"GO AWAY HUMAN OR I BITE!"

Kevin stepped up and shoved the dog aside.

"Ah! BAD HUMAN!" The female yelped and darted away.

"GO GO GO!" The smaller male was right behind her.

"I BITE BAD HUMAN!" The large male growled, getting back up.

Kevin frowned, "Don't bite me!"

The dog froze and frowned, "Human understand?"

"Yes?"

The dog froze, "Nope, human weird. No bite weird things, learned that lesson."

The dog turned and sprinted off in the direction the other two went, leaving Kevin alone with the terrified catgirl.

"Please don't hurt-OUCH!" she cringed, dropping to her knees.

Kevin watched as she clutched at her stomach and rushed in. Her eyes went wide as Kevin approached and she held out her hand to ward him off. But Kevin just gently took it.

"Come of Flower, I need to get you somewhere safe."

"Flower?" She blinked, "Only my mother called me Flower."

"She's in the car. Come on, I need to get you to the hospital."

Flower was a miniature version of her mother. Her grey, speckled ears twitched and she followed along, unable to fight back. Kevin brought her around the car and opened the back door, before seating Flower inside.

"MY BABY!"

"MUM?"

Kevin closed the door as the two cats tried to get to one another. Being rather unsuccessful as Marla was belted in and Flower was immobile due to her going into labour. Kevin quickly jumped into the driver's seat and ignored the sobbing mess that surrounded him. Flower gripped Marla's hand, while Marla was kneeling, still trapped in the seat by the belt. They were extremely happy to see one another, but Kevin had other things to worry about. Backing out of the alleyway, Kevin turned and headed for the hospital.

It had been a long time since he'd been here. The last was to formally identify the bodies of his late parents. He hadn't had a reason to come here since, the few times he'd fallen ill, he'd seen a more local doctor. Kevin drove quickly, but within the law, pulling up into the emergency department.

"Wait here," Kevin ordered.

Rushing inside, he grabbed the first wheelchair he spotted and brought it back out to the car. Opening the door, he pushed it right up to the seat and took Flower by the hand. She seemed torn, still gripping the hand of her mother as Kevin tried to remove her from the vehicle.

"Come on, you need-"

"Sir, is that a cat?" Kevin turned and saw a nurse frowning. She must have seen him grab the chair and followed him out. "Sir, this is a hospital."

"She's going into labour."

The woman rolled her eyes, "Sir, we don't treat animals in hospitals. You need to take her to a vet."

Kevin blinked and looked at Flower, then back at the nurse. "Look, she's humanoid. I have insurance, can't you just-"

"Sir, I'm going to need the chair back," The nurse grabbed the wheelchair, as a security guard stepped out the front doors to assist. "Find a vet. We don't treat animals in hospitals."

"Sir, you need to get that thing out of here," the guard said stepping around the nurse. "Then get back in your car and leave."

Kevin frowned, "Did you just call my cat a 'thing?'"

The guard frowned, "Are you causing a scene sir?"

Kevin shook his head and closed the door. "In another world, I'd have been polite and simply left," he snorted softly. "In this one. You can go fuck yourself."

"Leave-"

"What the fuck does it look like I'm trying to do mall cop?" Kevin snapped at the guard as he walked around to the driver's side.

"Do I need to call the police?"

Kevin rolled his eyes. "Really scraping the bottom of the barrel employing you aren't they?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'd love to stay and explain it to you, but you've already asked me to leave and I have better things to do than crack out the butcher's paper and crayons!"

Slamming the car door shut, Kevin started the engine and frowned. He couldn't believe how stupid that was. They were humanoid, and if his dream was anything to go buy, all the anatomy was the same as a human's.

"Where are we going?" Flower asked.

"A different kind of hospital," Kevin nodded.

"How are you able to understand me?"

Kevin shook his head, "I'm guessing humans can't usually understand animals?" Flower shook her head so Kevin shrugged, "Probably something to do with Bast."

"Bast?" Flower frowned. "The ancient cat goddess?"

"That's the one," Kevin nodded.

Flower froze for a moment, "You're Bast's champion?"

Kevin glanced up at the rearview mirror as Flower began to wince in pain from her contractions. "I suppose I am, yes."

He had no idea what and how she knew about Bast. Though if this was the world Bast was originally from, it wouldn't surprise him in the least that she would have worshippers. Or at the very least some form of verbal history passed down. Of course in a world where animals could actually speak, that was all possible.

"Ohhhhhh!" Flower groaned.

"Kevin, something's wrong!" Marla frowned. Kevin guessed he was still twenty minutes from the vet hospital and was thinking about his options. "I can see fur!"

Kevin threw on the indicator and pulled over. Darting out of the driver's seat, he rounded the vehicle and pulled open the rear door. Sure enough, Flower was crowning. A pair of furry ears were protruding, one grey like her mother, and one white.

"Mum!" Flower reached for Marla.

Kevin slipped in and unclipped Marla's seatbelt, before hauling the older woman into the back. "You sit there," Kevin gestured behind Flower. "You're her support. I'll catch the babies."

1...34567...21