Kinesics

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ooo... That's interesting, tell me more about it." And she proved her interest with a mimic, very moderate and terse, but still - her eyebrows rose slightly and her lips formed a little O-shape for a moment. But as someone who is really into the topic of body language, I had to admit that Tamara was cold as ice in this case. All her reactions were restrained and under control, as if she was trained for that. And that gave me another hint about her background, adding it to my theory about her service in the army or other forces.

"About kinesics? Have you heard about it?" I asked, while being nearly certain that she knew what kinesics was. She just wanted me to explain what it was, maybe as another test for me? One thing was obvious - our conversation started to look like a chess duel. And it seemed that she had the upper hand from the very beginning.

"I do believe I've heard about it, once or twice..." Tamara answered with that low sexy voice of hers and shrugged her shoulders. This trivial gesture made her trapezius and deltoid muscles expand for a short moment, making her posture even more enormous. I was fighting with all my will not to gasp like some fainthearted little boy. After that her face enlightened for a second as she sent me a soft and mysterious smile. "But I'd like to hear a professional explanation from someone who knows the subject."

"Okay, so kinesics, in a nutshell, is a way of reading and interpreting the body language and all other signs, verbal or not, that we make, unknowingly or unwittingly. There are things like face expressions, grimaces, eye movement, posture, stance, gestures, etc..." It was weird, giving her an encyclopedic definition, because I knew that she already knew that. But I decided to play along with her game. At least I felt really strongly about kinesics, it was my pet subject. "Those signs and reactions are connected with specific emotions, behaviors, intentions, some more precise, some less. Watching the body language, someone who knows how to read it, may deduct the mood, parts of one's character or even assume some facts about the background of the observed person. Or assess if that person is being honest, if she or he is lying, trying to deceive, hide something and so forth. And as few details in the results may vary, depending on some individual psychological features, those rules universally apply to most people." I made a pause and decided to make a small move on our virtual chessboard. Maybe only with a pawn, but it's always an opening, right? I looked in her eyes and said. "Of course, there still will be people whose body language will be hard to read, for example suffering from some mental disorders, like delusions or on the other hand, people who are very aware of themselves, who can control their reactions, due to a special training or just because of their natural abilities."

"I see, that's intriguing, I must say." I observed very closely how she reacted to my little provocation, but there was no reaction at all. She just spoke with calmness and confidence. No unnecessary, over expressive gestures or grimaces. And I don't know why, but her ability of being so relaxed and in control of everything, was not only fascinating for me, but also arousing. It was something I've never witnessed before.

All of sudden Tamara made the most 'rapid' move since we started talking - she stretched her back casually and placed her hands on her hips. While she was doing that her enormous muscles moved and shifted under her skin, her abs contracted for a split second, her chest widened and her arms, now slightly bent, highlighted the softball size biceps.

The 'hands on hips' gesture, in the case of body language, has at least several meanings, depending on the situation and who takes that stance.

It indicates that a person is ready to take an assertive action towards someone or something, for example the construction worker places his hands on the hips, while he looks at the upcoming task. Or a runner does that before the race.

It may mean that a person wants to throw a challenge to someone. Or shows readiness to dominate another person, by appearing bigger and more intimidating, just like a dog making his fur standing up on the neck.

If a man does that in front of a woman, it could be read as offensive and brash. If a woman does that in front of a man, it shows that she feels that she is in control of the situation.

Or, finally, it could have no particular meaning, but shows that the person is relaxed and also a little bored and simply doesn't know what to do with their hands.

Which one could apply to Tamara? Well, definitely she would not need to try to appear bigger than she was in order to dominate me, it already happened. She was both dwarfing and intimidating me with ease. What else?

I could think about it for hours, but she gave me a hint by herself. On her face appeared a delicate, but a bit sarcastic smile and she said:

"Okay, but the theoretic part is good for the classroom. Show me how it works in practice. Hmm..." She looked around and pointed with her chin at an older guy, slowly walking in shallow water, a couple of yards from us. "This old dude, what is his body language saying? What can you tell about him?"

Oh, the challenge then! I could expect something like that, but it still baffled me a bit. Not because the challenge consisted of doing kinesics interpretation on some random people, but because I was supposed to do it in front of Tamara, a woman who both scared and attracted me. I didn't want to embarass myself.

"Okay, let me see..."

"Sure, take your time."

I looked towards my 'subject', but could see with the corner of my eye that Tamara was, well, maybe not grinning widely, but her indifferent smirk turned into a soft, satisfied smile.

The old man was really old, approximately about 75, maybe two years less. He was slowly and wobbly walking ankle deep in the water. His body was wrinkled all around and sagged, but he didn't seem to be bothered by how his image could be perceived. I noticed that he has a thick and dark vertical scar right in his sternum. Despite that, it looked like he suffered from a few health problems so common for someone's his age, there was a cloud of positive energy around him. Just an amiable, droll and naked grandpa.

"So... the first and obvious thing, this man is really old, I would assume his age is somewhere between seventy two, seventy five. He is hobbling on his right leg. I would say that the way he limps that it's because of his hip. We can see a huge scar on his chest, he underwent a serious surgery, I'm 99 percent sure that it was the heart. And it's another assumption, but very likely, I think he had made the coronary artery bypass." I glanced at Tamara and saw that she nodded, it was barely a noticeable gesture. As if she agreed with what I said. "It's one of the most common heart surgeries, which requires cutting through the sternum and opening the rib cage. And there is another thing that makes me think that way. This man seemed to be happy, grateful that he is still alive. After all it's a life saving or life extending procedure. But we can see that he has his chin up, his eyebrows are set quite high, his face is relaxed, and his mouth is delicately opened. His neck is bent, but it's due to age, not because something bothers him, he is looking up and straight. Actually I think that this man stopped bothering and worrying a long time ago, despite being near his finish line. He just doesn't care about silly, meaningless things anymore. There is a reconcilement within him. With his age, health and life."

"And why do you think he comes to the nude beach?" Tamara asked and looked at me. Her poker face was still intact, but something new appeared in her eyes. I would very gladly and eagerly interpret this as a growing esteem for me, but it could be only my hungry ego speaking. Or not? Who knows...

"Memories. That's why he comes here. The way he is looking at the sea. His eyes became fogged, but peaceful. Positively absent-minded. He is alone, so there is a possibility that he is a widower. Maybe in the past he used to go to nude beaches with his wife? Maybe he met her here? Now he comes here to lose himself in those memories, to appreciate them even more. The good old days, when he was young and healthy."

"I see..." Now she clearly nodded her head, but didn't comment or summarize what I said at all. As if this nod was the summary itself.

Her eyes turned to the right of my face, she noticed something. Again, the most delicate smile in the world appeared on her voluptuous lips, as she asked. "How about this guy and his body language?"

I peeked behind my shoulder and saw a young Afro-American, strutting quite fastly the same way the grandpa went. What immediately caught my attention was a noticeable tension in his moves. As if he was angry or stressed.

The guy was at least six foot tall, rather skinnier than buff, but he had a nice shoulders to hips width ratio. Handsome and fitting the stereotype of black guys, he was quite hung. His flaccid, yet impressive dick was bouncing on his thighs, as this young man was walking. The size didn't make me uncomfortable or insecure, because well, that rarely happened for me to meet someone at least equally equipped. But I guessed that his brisk walk might have turned a few heads earlier. I wondered if Tamara chose this black guy, as another 'test subject', because of that. I looked at her, but her face was as relaxed as before. She was like a monk. A scary, sexy, ultra muscular, with nerves cold as liquid nitrogen, monk.

"Hah, okay, so now we have the opposite of our first subject." I started jokingly and was rewarded by a short chuckle from my huge interlocutor. Making progress, huh? "Young, healthy guy, between twenty and twenty five years old. The first thing which strikes my eyes is the speed of his walk. It isn't without purpose. This guy is angry, stressed or emotionally hurt somehow. He has his chin up, but slightly jutting it forward, which indicates an aggressive attitude. The whole pectoral girdle is tense, his shoulders, arms too. Despite his pace, his arms barely sway, it's also caused by muscle tension. The fists are clenched and I can't see that from the distance, but I bet his jaw is also strained. The dude is making huge, long steps, as if he wants to chase someone or inversely, run away from."

"And what could possibly make him so angry?" Tamara again turned to me and looked in my eyes. It really wasn't easy to maintain eye contact with her and not shy away. And not only because of her attractiveness, intimidating musculature or even that stoic energy. She had something in her sight, something that imperatively demanded honesty from other people. As if she could see through every bullshit anyone tries to sell her.

"I can only guess." I answered and shrugged. "What possibly could stress him on the nude beach? It's a place where you go to relax, right? I can imagine that some people, first comers or simply shy ones, could feel uncomfortable while being naked in public, but it's doubtful that this guy was stressed due to that. First of all, he was looking straight forward, focused on the thoughts, and didn't even glance at us or other people. If he would be ashamed of being nude, most certainly he'd be checking if someone is staring at him. As a natural, involuntary defensive mechanism. Secondly, well, he looked good and had nothing to be ashamed of." I noticed that Tamara's eyes subtly squinted and a kind of amused sparks appeared in them, as she heard that I made a clear reference to that guy's dick. Without any sign of shame she took a quick glance at my crotch and bit her pouty lips, not by much, but it was clearly visible. As if she was comparing? This small change in her behaviour made me tremble. I doubted that she made that unawarely, not with her level of self-control. She wanted me to see that! And when she looked again in my eyes, there was something she could not control. Her pupils. These were evidently enlarged.

"Any other ideas explaining his emotional state?" Tamara smiled softly, seeing that her return to the topic startled me a bit. I wished I could tame my reactions as well as she does... I truly had no idea what could make this guy feel that way, but since a completely different vibe emerged in our conversation, I decided to follow what my intuition suggested.

"I think that it is very unlikely that something made him mad outside the beach, like earlier, at work or somewhere else. Who would go to the nude beach in such a state, then undress himself and just make a furious mile-long naked walk?" The smile on Tamara's face became much more prominent and she nodded. "I believe that it happened already here. And it may be a long shot, but I suspect that whatever angered him, was related to an intimate situation with a girl or a boy, hah, you never know. I can imagine some heartbreak story, rejection, failed pickup attempt or an argument within a couple. And it always causes strong emotions, right?"

"Hah, when you put it that way, I can imagine it too..." For the first time Tamara honoured me with soft laughter and my heart started to pound twice faster. Seeing her getting more relaxed in my company was a relief for me. Despite that her behavior was never hostile or unfriendly towards me, Tamara was making an overwhelming impression on me, scaring me with her sheer size and the obvious strength advantage she held over me.

Again she looked behind me and asked with her trademark smirk. "Would you mind doing your expertise once more? What do you think about this couple?"

"Oh, sure, not a problem!" I tried not to appear too cocky or fall into self-complacency, but knowing that Tamara wanted to listen to my interpretations was deeply flattering. I turned around and as discreetly as I could, examined the couple she mentioned. As I noticed a few things, I got quite excited. "Okay, this one will be interesting!"

The couple was in their mid-twenties, slowly and casually strolling along the water, while holding hands. They were stopping from time to time, as the girl was showing some scenery.

First observation - they were both attractive. The girl had long dark hair, tanned skin and quite a pretty face, but it was her body that was catching people's eyes the most. Apparently she won the main prize at the genetic lottery, having the perfect curves and proportions. A very tight waist, combined with the pleasant width of her hips and shoulders, in a rather modern beauty style. Long, slender legs, with nicely defined thighs, certainly shows that she has been spending a lot of time in the gym - or more likely - in some aerobic classes. On her chest were hanging a pair of one of the best tits I've ever seen. Maybe not shocking with their size, but still big, perfect globes, with a teardrop shape and esthetically proportional protruding nipples - they almost looked too perfect to be real, but the way they swayed with every step she made, undoubtedly proved their natural origin. That body reminded me of my favorite busty cam-girl from the net, Katee Owen, so much that I really thought it was her. But the face was completely different. Nevertheless, the girl was very attractive... no, she was really hot. There was no other way to describe her than saying that she was beautiful and hot.

Her boyfriend was equally good looking, they both looked like an Instagram couple, almost annoyingly perfect. He was at least six feet tall and had a college jock image. Short, blond hair, square jaw, a famous 'Chad' in his prime. He was well built, muscular, with defined chest, arms and abs, although definitely not a fan of squats and lunges, as his thighs muscles were smaller than the rest of his body. Stereotypical 'gym storch', only pumping his upper body and neglecting legs? Maybe, possibly. But there was one thing about him, which made my next kinesics analysis so interesting. I turned more towards Tamara and said:

"I think that I don't need to state the obvious, but let's say it nevertheless. They're both attractive, seemingly flawless, right?" I didn't really mean that to be a question, but Tamara calmly nodded. "People who are so good looking are naturally more prone to be relaxed and easy-going, because they don't have to worry about how they are perceived by others. No matter what we really want to believe, most people are visualizers, they evaluate others by their looks. So if you are beautiful or handsome, you have an advantage and it's just easier in life, that's unarguable. And observing that couple we can see that, well, it's at least partly true. The girl is visibly relaxed, she feels completely natural and comfy while being naked. Like in this song, 'she's sexy and she knows it'." Again my ego boosted itself, hearing a soft laugh from Tamara. "She is aware that she gets a lot of attention and stares, but it doesn't bother her at all, cause she knows that she receives almost only awes. Her posture and behavior shows that she is relaxed and confident."

I made a short pause to check how a woman like Tamara would react to the praises of other women's bodies. And guess what? Yeah, almost no reaction at all. Apparently Tamara didn't have any complexes regarding her look, even when confronted to a really beautiful and sultry looking girl, her confidence was unshakable.

But I noticed that Tamara was looking at that girl with curiosity. My kinky imagination immediately suggested multiple hot, fantasy scenarios about threesomes involving me, Tamara and this girl and I almost had to physically shake these ideas from my head.

"And one could assume that this man would be behaving similarly to his girlfriend, but yet he doesn't. He didn't look so comfortable, even when they were far from us, I could notice that he was nervously scouting around, as if he felt the people's eyes on them. My first guess is that he doesn't like the fact that his girlfriend is presenting all her assets to strangers. That's the first reason for him looking around so often. Jealousy and being protective or even overprotective. I would even go so far by saying that coming here was entirely her idea and now he regrets that he agreed and is slightly annoyed by her because of that, unconsciously of course. Most certainly he would prefer to go to the normal beach. Secondly, he is well built and pretty muscular, right?" I was babbling and suddenly realized that Tamara could see that differently, as she was easily dwarfing this guy. But she didn't undermine my observation at all. "But he is still trying to appear bigger. He has tensed shoulders, he is puffing his chest up, while keeping his spine straight as an arrow. Is it part of deterring potential admirers or seducers, as befits a jealous, possessive boyfriend or..."

"...or is he trying to drag the attention away from his tiny dick?" Tamara casually ended the sentence for me and I literally gasped from surprise. Her calm voice combined with what she said was so dominant and hot, I felt as if my cheeks were turning to much more vivid colors. She had her indifferent, soft smirk which contained nearly unnoticeable trails of jeer. Or was it only my imagination? But she was right, he could do that because of shame, although I wouldn't say that he was really tiny, maybe slightly below average. His dick could be even smaller than usual due to nerves and stress. And I wouldn't put it that way, maybe I would try to elaborate this more, but Tamara went straight for it. I chuckled nervously like a moron and answered.

"Well, I was about to say that he would prefer to wear swimming trunks, but yeah, you may be right. He doesn't feel good being completely naked..." I was about to say something else, but they were getting closer and I noticed a sudden change in this man's behavior. "Ohoho! This is getting more interesting!"