Kittens: The Tie That Binds Them

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And you thought it was someone else I was dating?" he asked, incredulous. "I never noticed another woman after you, babe. You're all I want. All I need. And I'll show you when I get out of here."

I traced a finger around the white patch on his forehead. "What else besides this?"

"Nothing really. I had my helmet. leather jacket, jeans, and boots on and they say that saved me from a lot worse. A car pulled out in front of me and I took the bike into a slide. I'm afraid the Indian is pretty fucked up. I'm getting out in a little while. They just kept me overnight for observation. They said this was probably from a stone getting under my face shield and should heal fine."

I was so thankful he was okay that all I could do was cling to him. "Just so you're okay."

"I am babe, I am. But hey, I should have someone observe me for a while at home. You know. Just to be safe."

"Really, the Doctor said there might be more going on?"

He laughed. "No babe. It was my ploy to get you to my condo."

"I'd punch you if you weren't in this bed."

They came in to release him and help him get dressed. I went to look for his sister.

"Stacy, I'm sorry if I was rude in there. I was pretty confused."

"You were not and do not apologize. I'm just thrilled that I was the one that got you two back together. He has been miserable without you."

"I have been too," I said sadly. "It was a big misunderstanding."

"Okay, I'm officially turning him over to you now. Tell him I'll call. If he's lucky," she laughed. She hugged me warmly and left.

I drove Max to his condo and got him settled in for a relaxing day. When I looked in his refrigerator, it was unusually bare.

"I haven't felt much like cooking," he said when I asked about it. I was surprised because he loved to cook. "You really hurt me, Em."

"I'm sorry." I hesitated. "I was hurt too."

"I don't ever want to lose communication again like that. I'm writing it into our wedding vows too."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Our. Wedding. Vows." He went into the other room and came back. "I'm a little too stiff to get down on one knee, but I can try. You might have to help me back up," he laughed.

I gasped when I saw the ring box and was shocked when he opened it to the biggest diamond solitaire I had ever seen. "That's too much!"

"It's not a birthday present, Em. I'm asking you to marry me."

"I know, but...." He frowned. "I'm too old for you."

"Oh crap, not this again," he grumbled. "It's not like you could be my Mom for god's sake. Just forget the age thing. I love you and you love me and you want to spend the rest of your life with me looking out over the creek."

"I do."

"SEE! See how easy that was. Now just repeat it when we get in front of the preacher, or a justice of the peace, or judge. Whatever. I don't care. Just as long as it's legal."

"Okay okay."

"Now you'll let me put this on your finger?" I nodded and he slid it on. It sparkled and sparked and I thought it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen.

"I love you, Max."

"This had to be the longest proposal on record," he said laughing and pulling me against him. "I love you too. So much."

We decided to spend the rest of his convalescence in the RV planning our new life together at the cabin.

- the end -