All Comments on 'L.A. Pirates' Party: tease a Mast'

by Norway_1705

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
crystal_fancrystal_fanover 1 year ago

Well written, enjoyable tale! And of course, i'm a sucker for a story with pirates. One small thing = i would have enjoyed it more had you not put in your opening "there will be no cheating, no cuckolding". While i undersrand why you did, it removed some of the reader's wondering and hindered us buying into the main character's nervousness. It's like watching a movie where the hero's life is in jeopardy; you know he won't be killed, so the suspense is not quire as great. In any case, great work, much appreciated! Five stars.

Norway_1705Norway_1705over 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you, Crystal_fan, too kind to an old man who is almost deaf and almost blind.

I know many readers are only looking for cuckoldry. I also know that many readers get indignant if a wife cheats on her husband.

I wanted to reassure -- on the dark scary night of Halloween -- the casual reader that nothing "horrible" or "bloody" would happen, despite appearances.

I apologize if I spoiled (some of) your fun.

You are absolutely right: I did make a mistake. I'm sorry.

Thank you for the constructive comment. I will try to be a better writer from here on .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really happy that you put "no cuckolding or cheating" as I hate it. So the moment where Susan is dragged away with the chance of cheating. I would have stopped reading entirely if not for your warning. I do think though I would have enjoyed it a bit more if her husband actually got a bit angry. Otherwise I hope you make a part 2 cause this was amazing.

Norway_1705Norway_1705over 1 year agoAuthor

Norway_17053 months agoAuthor

Thank you very much. I understand that cheating appeals to many people, but it does not appeal to me. I think that in the future I will often warn that there will be no cuckolding scenes, although sometimes it is possible that the characters will suspect that it happens (or talk about the possibility of it happening).

And I think I will often anticipate to readers that there will be no cuckolding, to avoid disappointing fans of that.

.

I don't know if there will be a sequel. I'm very interested in Privateers (lawlessness, a morality to be invented) but I wouldn't know how to repeat the invitation to the Halloween Party.

Maybe I could put the characters in a film like Stagnetti Revenge... but by now the husband knows, and the wife knows that he knows.

Hotstuff1PHotstuff1P22 days ago

Absolutely brilliant 👏 👌

Norway_1705Norway_170521 days agoAuthor

@ Hotstuff1P Oh, thank you! There are some parts that to myself, are a little poorly written, but a couple of ideas were good.

I often wonder if I should rewrite it by simplifying some parts and increasing the detail in others.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNorway_1705@Norway_1705
History teacher, and storyteller. Non-native English speaker. Married, father of a son, author of non-fiction books and articles for scientific journals. I am curious to read about the motivations and doubts of characters, their insecurities, and their weaknesses. Often in ...