La Vida Loca Ch. 03: Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I mentioned Adriano, Vida smirked all-knowingly and said that her cousin came clean and confessed that he was 'the snitch'. First, she laughed about the whole situation, finding it rather funny but then got serious and said that all the effort I put in finding her was admirable and touching. That no one ever cared about her as much.

With that as a punchline, we went back to the medical center and received the results. Vida decided to not even glance at them by herself, she preferred that Bernstein and that neurologist would look at them first. I could feel that Vida became more stressed, but she tried to keep cool.

I called the former and gave him a heads-up that we were coming with the results. Bernstein told me that they were already waiting for us. So, we didn't waste any time and drove straight to his office.

Vida gave the MRI results to the receptionist and she carried them to Bernstein's office. After a couple of minutes, the doctor peeked out and said to the girl behind the reception desk "Annie, can you call Dr Wong to my office? Thank you."

A moment later, a short older Asian man walked in the corridor and went inside Bernstein's office. Maybe a quarter later, Bernstein peeked out again, this time to call Vida inside. She asked him first. "Can my boyfriend be with me inside?" Her voice was a bit shaky. It maybe wasn't the best moment, but I couldn't help but feel a pleasant thrill to hear what she called me.

"Of course, if you wish," Bernstein answered politely and invited us to his office.

Inside was that Asian man, who introduced himself as Dr. Wong, neurologist and neurosurgeon. Documents from Vida's MRI scan were on the desk, in front of Dr. Wong.

We sat down and Vida reached for my hand, clamping on it strongly. Her palm was hot and sweaty from nerves. I reciprocated that squeeze to show her my support, at least in that way.

Wong cleared his throat and said "Okay, Miss Diaz, thank you for your patience and I apologize for the wait. I know that it's stressful, so allow me to go straight to the most important point."

He pointed with the pen at one spot on the MRI image. "Here, this dark spot is the reason for migraines and other afflictions Doctor Bernstein told me about." Hearing that, Vida inhaled sharply and Wong quickly explained. "The good news is that it's an aneurysm, not a tumor or other oncological problem. But still, it should be surgically removed as quickly as possible. Its size indicates that there is a considerable risk of rupture and that would be very dangerous, highly possibly even fatal." He stopped and gave Vida a moment to process that news. I could see that she was shocked, almost in stupor.

"Is it operable? I mean, what's the accessibility of this aneurysm?" I asked, feeling that I was stepping out of line a bit, but then I saw that Vida nodded quickly, as if in support of my question.

"Yes, the location of it is easily accessible," Wong answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What are my chances then?" Vida asked with a tense voice.

"Chances are high, Miss Diaz. The location of the aneurysm is very, let's say, advantageous for the surgery. And you're a young, healthy and strong woman. Although, I have to be clear. It is a brain surgery, so there is always the risk of complications. But still, it's less of a risk than ignoring the problem. This aneurysm won't absorb itself, the most possible result is its rupture. No one can predict when it will happen, but it will happen eventually," Wong finished and then the silence appeared.

Vida looked shocked, which was perfectly understandable. But personally, I felt a huge relief. Aneurysm sounded serious, that was undeniable, but not that ominous as brain cancer.

"Can you perform that surgery, Dr. Wong?" I asked and he confirmed by nodding.

"When can we do it?" Vida asked decidedly. I glanced at her with full of respect and surprise, as just a few seconds earlier she looked disoriented and lost, but apparently she made up her mind very quickly. That was a great sign.

Wong bent down and picked up his briefcase, then took out the calendar. "I'm strongly suggesting that it should be done at the earliest possible date, with an aneurysm of that size every day of delay is a risk. Therefore, I can do it next Thursday, so in seven days. Miss Diaz, you would still have to undergo a few more examinations, so we'd have a whole picture before the surgery. I'll write them down for you."

Dr Wong noted down a few things for Vida, then he excused himself, said goodbye and left. Bernstein spoke with Vida for a moment and said that in light of the MRI scans results, the possibility of her having schizophrenia was marginal. He added some words of encouragement about the surgery and told us that he would be at our disposal. Of course, we thanked him for his support and then left his office.

When we were walking toward my car, I wanted to give Vida space to think through all these revelations, but she surprised me by saying "Gunnar, can you stay with me longer today? Can we go somewhere... to just sit in peace?"

"Sure, not a problem. Do you have any particular place in mind?"

"Let's go to the beach, okay?"

I only nodded in response, being kind of glad that Vida suggested that because I had a bit of a mental struggle. I could only try to imagine what Vida was thinking in light of all this news. At the end of the day, aneurysm was a really fortunate diagnosis, compared to having schizophrenia or tumor. But for Vida, the perspective of having a surgery and getting her skull cut open, must have been scary. It certainly would be for me.

We drove to the nearest beach entrance. Despite it being late afternoon, it was still hot, but more tolerable. Sand was nearly scorching my unused Icelandic soles. Vida stopped and sat down, and I joined her, sitting next to her and embracing her shoulders. She smiled pensively at me and then turned her face toward the ocean.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, knowing that was a pretty dumb question regarding all the news Vida got today.

She chuckled quietly and answered "I don't really know. Neither good nor bad. Weird, that would be the most accurate. I feel as if life was making fun of me.La Vida loca, haha!" She shook her head and glanced at me.

"Yeah, that day was crazy. All the same, it turned out well, don't you think? It's not schizophrenia, Vida! And that's most important, right?"

"That's true, but still, I was right,lindo." Vida laughed again. "I have a time-bomb in my head, but of a different kind."

I looked at her and saw that she really found it amusing. Still and all, it was great that she could perceive the whole situation through the prism of humor. That was the best way of coping, wasn't it?

"Oh, come here, bomb-girl," I chuckled too and pulled her closer to me. "You are a crazy, cute bombshell, Vida," I murmured to her ear, while massaging her back.

She snuggled her face to my chest and sighed with relief "It's so good to be in your arms, Gunnar..."

We were sitting like this for a long and very pleasant while. Then Vida lifted her head and said with a timid smile "I know that it will sound weird, but do you see that buoy?" She pointed at the yellow object in the water, far from the shore.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"It's you. And I'm the ocean," she said and chuckled awkwardly.

"Hey, I know that you're big and muscular, but it's not that big a difference between us, c'mon!" I joked and we both laughed.

"Tonto! It's not about that, Gunnar. It's... Eh, a lighthouse would be a better reference, but it is what it is. You're like this buoy, Gunnar. You show where there is a safe harbor, where the shore is, where the dangerous depths begin. And you're there, stable and assuring, no matter how turbulent the waters are. If they go crazy, stormy and so on, you are still there. You're my buoy, Gunnar. My anchor, my lighthouse and my rock," she finished and looked in my eyes.

And I was certain that she meant that all. I smiled at her and shifted my position, now having my hips facing forward, with her between my legs. Vida did the same, placed her legs on top of my thighs. I pulled her closer.

"You have a poetic soul, Vida," I said, a bit teasing.

She laughed softly. "Actually, there was a period in my life, back in high school, when I wrote some poems."

"Oh, really? Will you show me?" I asked jokingly

"Only if you insist. I'd prefer not to go back to them. Those were dark, tragic and hopeless poems, Gunnar. And they probably would appear as a super-cringe now." She laughed adorably ashamed. "Because currently I would rather keep positive. I... I want to live, Gunnar. I want to..."

She didn't finish, pulling me into a kiss instead. The moment our lips connected I was out of my breath. The softness and fullness of her lips engulfed me. She held my face, delicately stroking my cheeks.

It was a much different kiss than we ever had before. I had a feeling as if Vida wanted to say 'thank you' and 'I'm sorry' by it, and 'I love you' and 'I want you'. As if, through that kiss, she wanted to express all these emotions, which sometimes were difficult to even be realized, let alone to be phrased.

Vida trembled, when my hands started to explore her body. My right hand slid on her naked thigh, enjoying the smoothness of her skin. My left palm went up to her nape, softly squeezing it, then going lower, to her upper back and shoulder.

Our lips parted away, and she muttered "I missed you so much. Your touch..." Her sentence was abruptly interrupted by her own moan, when my hand snuck under her dress and went up her thigh, to her hip and then her obliques.

My erection was almost painful at that moment. I knew that we couldn't make it right there, as the beach was still full of people, sitting, chilling and swimming, but I craved so much to touch and feel her body.

My left hand went lower on her right arm, encountering the bulge of her bicep. That reminded me of watching her online stream and the moment when she did that double bicep flex after my donation. Suddenly, I realized that I wanted to see it in real life too. Not only to show Vida that I wanted her as a whole, but out of my own curiosity.

"Flex your arm," I said to her with an inconspicuous smirk.

Her eyes widened from surprise. "You want me to flex my bicep?" She asked with an uncertain smile.

"Yeah, do it."

So she did. Still smiling confusedly, Vida lifted her right arm, clenched her fingers into the fist and slowly bent her arm. Her bicep did not only get larger with that flex, but also more detailed, as if it changed its shape and texture. From a considerably big bulge it grew to a ball of rock-hard flesh.

"Wow, this is amazing!" I exclaimed and clamped my hand around her bicep. It was even harder than it looked. I groped that muscle in every possible way.

Vida was observing me and her expression changed from surprised and unsure to happy, satisfied and even somewhat... relieved?

But still, she asked, as if she was suspecting me pulling a prank on her "Do you really like my muscles?"

"I will answer you like I did previously. First and foremost, I like you, Vida. And I would have liked you whether you were muscular, skinny or fat. But yeah, I like your muscles too. I admire your effort in building them. And if you need another undeniable, rock-solid proof for my appreciation, then..." I didn't finish, only pulled her hips closer to mine. She felt 'the proof' I was talking about, pressing at her pubic bone.

"Oh, wow, that's all the proof I need," she giggled and kissed me again.

We went for that kiss as if the world was about to end. Then we sat on the beach until it got dark, spending this time kissing, hugging and talking crazy, sexy and kinky stuff. For that moment, we had a secluded bubble of our private universe, where nothing except us existed. But, even though I knew that it was an illusion for now, hopefully it would soon change to reality.

***

"Oh, c'mon, show me," I bantered with Vida.

"No, you'll make fun of me." She stuck her tongue out and tried to evade my arms. But she reacted too slow, or maybe did that on purpose, and I grabbed her waist. I pulled her tightly and she laughed.

The day before the surgery we were in my apartment. Vida just came back from the hairdresser, but persisted to hide her hair under the black bandana. Getting a new haircut wasn't only a whim of fashion, but a practical decision. As Vida said, even if her skull would be cut open, she won't let them ruin her hair completely. She wanted to have control over something at least, and I knew that was giving her peace of mind

"I won't laugh, you know that's not my style," I said to her, trying to be more serious.

Vida looked at me leerily, but in a playful way. I knew that she was just messing with me. And I was right. Rolling her eyes, she smiled and said, "Fine, whatever. After all, this won't be as bad as I will look after the surgery" She lifted her arms and untied the bandana, taking it off.

Aaand... Vida looked great! The sides of her head were shaved, and on the top was left a wide mohawk. Her hair was shorter around her forehead and gradually went longer on the back of her head, where it ended at the length Vida's hair previously was.

I liked her new style. A bit edgy and badass, but very sexy too. I guess, Vida just fit in the rule that someone beautiful will always look beautiful, no matter clothes or hairstyles.

"What? I look like a crazy feminist, right?" Vida chuckled.

"Nah, they don't make them so pretty. Plus, your hair would be blue or violet. And you'd be shrieking loud as fuck," I joked to her and she started to double over from laughter.

"So it isn't so bad?" She asked, when she was able to catch her breath again.

"You look sexy as hell, Vida! Like an Amazon warrior! Like Valkyria... although, not like them, as they were virgins," I joked again, and Vida nudged me in the arm, pretending that she was offended. But then, in contrast to that, she hugged me and kissed me sensually.

Despite what was going to happen tomorrow, she was in a great mood. Maybe it was a bit of acting, and she was trying to push away stressful thoughts, but even so, we still had a wonderful time together.

During the days of waiting for the surgery, we got even closer. We developed a true bond. Spending every afternoon and evening together, partially going to additional examinations Vida had to undergo, but also doing almost everything prior to that infamous beach talk.

Except going to the gym together, as Wong said that it would be better if Vida took a break from heavy lifting. I noticed that it wasn't the easiest decision for her, but she complied with that restriction. However, we were doing a lot of... cardio, if you know what I mean. Even though Wong said between the lines that every activity which increases intracranial pressure might be dangerous. That must have included orgasms too, but Vida basically said fuck it and let's fuck. And there was no way of persuading her out of it. Not that I complained particularly.

One day I was invited to Vida's home by her aunt, who was evidently worried about a shady Icelander encouraging her niece to do risky medical procedures. I mean, that was only my theory, because it turned out that Rita was grateful for my initiative and just wanted to meet me. Even during that short meeting I noticed how close Vida was with her aunt, and if I could say anything about Rita herself... I just wish to have as much energy as her! Vida was right, they don't make people like Rita any more.

So that was it. Now, it was Wednesday evening and the next day, at noon, Vida was going to have the surgery. We ate and sat on my balcony. Vida locked her eyes on the ocean view and I could almost observe her thought process. I knew that she was thinking about the surgery, it was inevitable. But I didn't want her to be stressed, so I got an idea. I went to my laptop and played some music. Vida followed me with a confused, but also curious expression. When she heard the music she smiled with uncertain amusement.

"Hey, babe, wanna dance?" I asked with an exaggerated cocky smirk.

"Dance? To that song?" She giggled, hearing the slow rhythm of famous Berlin's hit 'Take my breath away'.

"Yeah, it will be something special, Vida. I call this 'awkward teenager's dance'. Let me show you the steps." I came closer and entwined her waist. She intuitively embraced my neck. "Oh, okay, I see that you're a natural. Now, pay attention to the moves," I said jokingly and just started slowly moving in a circle. Basically, we were spinning around together, in a tight embrace.

"Is that all?" Vida snorted with laughter, but didn't stop 'dancing' with me.

"Yup, that's it. This dance is a traditional way for every shy teenage boy to get intimate with a girl he has a crush on. You wait for the school dance, then there must be a proper song, the slower the better, and you ask her for a dance. And then you can hug her as much as you want," I explained to her, chuckling. I avoided saying that after the dance the boy would have a whole new memory data for furious jerking off sessions, as that might have ruined the atmosphere.

"That's nice..." she whispered and laid her head on my shoulder, tightening her embrace.

We danced like this for at least half an hour. I knew that because several songs passed by, like Prince's 'Purple Rain' or Roxette's 'Listen to your heart''. Slow, calm, romantic or nostalgic. Simply perfect for our moment.

It was in the middle of Tracy Chapman's 'Fast car', when I felt that Vida was trembling softly. And then she sniffled and sobbed quietly.

"Hey, what's going on, Vida? Why are you crying?" I asked her gently.

She lifted her head and looked at me with teary eyes. She smiled ruefully. "Uhm... It's nothing, I just..."

"You don't need to pretend in front of me, Vida. I know you're scared of tomorrow," I started, but she cut in.

"I'm not scared. I mean, of course I am, they will open my head like a can." She winced sarcastically. "But it's not the reason that I cried. I just got emotional, Gunnar. I'm so happy,mi cielo. You gave me so much, so much... I want to thank you for all you did for me. I don't want to sound overdramatic, but it's brain surgery, I may not wake up..."

"No! Don't even think that way! Everything will be fine, I promise you that!" I assured her fervently.

"I hope so. But you are aware that it is still a risk, that's just reality." She looked down and then her gaze went back to my eyes with a sudden determination. "That's why I want to say something to you, Gunnar, while I can..." She tried, but this time I interrupted her. With a kiss.

At first she tried to protest, but I was relentlessly kissing her and after a while she submitted to it. I felt as if her tense body was slowly relaxing in my arms. When we stopped, she tried again.

"But, Gunnar, I want you to know..."

"Hey, hey, Vida. I want to hear this all, okay? But you will tell me that after surgery, straight away. Because you WILL WAKE UP, understand? There is no other option!" I tilted her face up, so our eyes could meet. I saw fear in her eyes, but also trust and hope. She wanted to believe my words.

"Okay,lindo." Vida gave up, and I kissed her again, this time with more rapacious passion.

"Good. And now you better drop this topic, Vida, if you don't want me to silence you with something bigger than my tongue," I said to her with a lowered tone and wide grin.

Vida's eyes shot open and her lips stretched in a similar fashion to mine. "Oh, that's weird, but what you said just makes me want to be more... disobedient" She said playfully and pulled me into a fiery kiss.

Her lips were almost devouring mine, our tongues clashed in the most primal duel. I felt as her hips were pushing forward, pressing at my erection. Her pubic bone was rubbing on my strained cock, it was almost unbearable. I craved to be inside her, right there, right now!