Lady Ravensdale and the Highwayman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No sooner had Annabelle come to this way of thinking than another thought occurred to her. Suppose she were to agree to Captain Ackroyd's request. How could she explain the fact that she was going to visit a convicted felon in Newgate with whom nobody but her servants knew she had any connection? Annabelle thought long and hard and then came up with a plan. She would invent an invitation from an old friend which would allow her to leave the house for the evening and go to Newgate to see this man. A dangerous felon such as he must surely be chained up and kept under guard. She would speak to him for a few minutes and satisfy her curiosity and then return. Annabelle knew that executions took place at Tyburn on Fridays. If Ackroyd were to die that week then she had only three days to carry out her plan.

Later that day Annabelle spoke to her sister.

"I have been invited to dinner by an old friend of mine, Lady Kelmarsh on Thursday. I am sure you can manage without me for one evening dear Caroline."

"Oh, you have never spoken of her before," replied Caroline. "This is somewhat unexpected."

"Oh well, it is sometimes good to catch up with old friends," said Annabelle ambiguously.

At last Thursday came. Annabelle had no idea whether she would even be admitted to the prison or allowed to see the prisoner. Were visitors allowed to see prisoners the night before they were hanged? She had no idea but this was her last chance to complete any unfinished business with her ravisher. Annabelle was conveyed to the prison in a sedan chair carried by two burly chairmen. It would have been far too dangerous for a lady to walk the streets alone after dark, besides which Annabelle had really no idea of how to reach Newgate from her sister's house. After half an hour of being bumped about in the sedan chair and occasionally set down so the two sweating bearers could rest the door opened and one of her conveyors handed her out onto the street.

"Newgate ma'am, though I am not sure what a lady such yourself would want to be doing in such as place at this time of night."

"That is none of your business my man," said Annabelle assuming her most haughty aristocratic tone.

"Beggin' your pardon ma'am. That'll be two shillings."

Annabelle knew that this was probably several times the usual fare but to avoid an argument handed over two silver coins and dismissed the chairmen.

The dark walls of the prison reared up before her dimly lit by a couple of flickering lamps which illuminated the entrance gateway. She had no idea how to gain entry but coming closer noticed a small doorway in the great iron studded gateway. Hanging next to the doorway was a chain which presumably worked a bell. She tugged at the chain and heard a distant tinkling sound. For what seemed like an age there was silence and then at last she heard locks being unlocked and bolts being drawn back. Eventually the door opened and out of the darkness peered a scruffy man with a grey beard and a battered tricorn hat.

"Well milady, what brings you to Newgate at this time of night?" croaked the man.

"Er, I am here to visit one of your prisoners, a Captain Ackroyd," said Annabelle.

"Oh yeah, him what is to be hung in the mornin'," sid the fellow. "Ye're a bit late ain't yer. Visiting time's long over."

"Please, if there is any way that I might see him for a few minutes," said Annabelle flashing her most beguiling smile at the man and proffering another of her few remaining shillings to him.

The gatekeeper seized the silver coin from her and said, "I'll see what I can do milady, wait here."

Annabelle was left in the darkness of the prison yard for some minutes before the man returned bearing a lantern.

"Yer in luck. Ackroyd's 'oused in the governor's 'ouse and the governor says seein' as it's 'is last night on earth 'e may 'ave what visitors 'e pleases. If yer'll follow me ma'am."

Annabelle followed the man across the dark courtyard to the governor's house which stood to one side of the entrance. He led her into the hall and up some stairs. At the top he knocked on a stout oak door. The door was opened by what Annabelle took to be a warder, another greasy and dirty looking man. He motioned her through the door which he locked behind her and then led her to another door which he opened.

"Captain Ackroyd, there is a lady 'ere to see yer," the warder announced.

Annabelle saw the man who had ravished her stand up from the chair on which he had been sitting and look at her in surprise.

"Lady Ravensdale, how good of you to come and visit the condemned man," he said graciously. "Do come in. And I would be grateful if you could ensure that we are not disturbed, Mr Crouch."

"Very good, sir," said the warder more in the manner of a servant than a gaoler.

Annabelle entered a large and surprisingly well appointed room which looked to her little as she had imagined a condemned cell.

"I see you are comfortably housed for one in your situation," she commented.

"Yes, I am indeed fortunate," replied Ackroyd. "An old friend of mine was kind enough to provide the necessary funds to allow me to be accommodated in the governor's own house. Otherwise you would find me in a stone cell with the other wretches in this accursed place."

"Captain Ackroyd, I am at a loss to know why you sought this interview with me one of your doubtless many victims on the eve of the day you are to pay for your crimes," said Annabelle.

"Lady Ravensdale, you are indeed most generous to admit to a condemned man's final request. I wished the privilege of seeing you one last time because I sensed that there was some connection between us. I also hoped to have the opportunity to acquaint you with something of my history. This is in no way an attempt to expiate my crimes but I hope a means by which you may come to undertand how I, once a gentleman and officer of worth, found myself resorting to the desperate ends which led to us becoming acquainted under such unfortunate circumstances."

"I am listening, pray continue," prompted Annabelle.

"I was born the only child of loving parents in the year 1689. My father was a successful merchant in trade with the Indies. Sadly when I was only five years old he took ill with a fever and died. My mother tried to manage the business herself but was swindled by my father's old partner. We lost almost everything. What little wealth was left from the business allowed my mother to just make ends meet and to pay for my education.

With the last of her savings my mother managed to purchase a commission for me in Colonel Hope's Regiment of Dragoons. An old friend of my father's Lieutenant-Colonel James was second in command of the regiment and he arranged for me to be commissioned."

"From the start I loved the life of a soldier. However, for some reason my commanding officer Colonel Hope took an instant dislike to me. I saw younger officers promoted above me and became vexed at again and again being overlooked. Nevertheless, I served my King and country to the best of my ability and was even mentioned in dispatches for my part in an action in putting down the late rebellion by those treacherous Jacobites. Following this my patron Lieutenant-Colonel James petitioned the Colonel that I should be promoted to Captain and he at last grudgingly conceded."

"Following the defeat of the rebels and the flight of the Pretender to the Continent we were at peace. The regiment returned to barracks and I chafed to see some action. One day I was summoned to the Colonels' house. He told me he had a special assignment for me. I thought at first I might be being dispatched to some corner of the world where I might seek fame and glory in the service of my country. I was therefore bitterly disappointed when the Colonel announced his orders. I was to proceed to Gloucestershire to the home of the Colonel's mother. I was then to escort the Colonel's mother together with his wife who had been staying with her back to regimental headquarters. The Colonel would brook no protests from me that this was a task for a junior ensign. He insisted that I was the bravest and most decorated officer in his service so I should have the honour of undertaking this assignment. Inside I knew that Colonel Hope was insulting me by asking an experienced officer to undertake what was not even an official regimental duty."

"I knew that I had no option but to carry out my orders so I had my batman pack a few things and saddle my horse and I set out for Gloucestershire. Two days later I arrived at the house of Mrs Hope senior. This lady was temperamentally like her son, proud of demeanour and gruff towards her social inferiors. The same could not be said of the Colonel's wife. She was many years younger than him and possessed a charm and vivacity which instantly attracted me. Throughout dinner that evening the younger Mrs Hope conversed with me in the most lively manner and I have to say even flirted with me. There had been rumours amongst the officers that the Colonels' young wife had an eye for some of the younger officers but until then I had not heeded them and had little contact with her. Now I found myself captivated by her charms and wondered how such a vivacious young woman could have found herself married to a grim martinet such as Colonel Hope."

"The next day the two ladies set out in a carriage with myself accompanying them as their escort. Sending an armed escort was perhaps a wise precaution by the Colonel as you know to from your own experience, Lady Ravensdale, the roads these days are infested by dangerous and desperate men! After some hours of traveling we found ourselves on the outskirts of a small town and Mrs Hope senior ordered the coachman to pull into the local inn. I arranged for our horses to be stabled and procured two rooms for the ladies and myself for the night. The innkeeper offered us the use of the parlour to dine that night and I spent another pleasant evening in the company of the younger Mrs Hope all the while observed by her glowering mother-in-law. After we had eaten Mrs Hope senior announced that they would retire to their room and we would make an early start the next day. The two ladies bade me goodnight but as she was passing my seat the younger Mrs Hope let a small ball of paper fall on the table in front to me. I quickly pocketed the item and bade the ladies goodnight in turn."

"No sooner had the door closed behind them than I eagerly unfolded the scrap of paper. Inside I read, 'I shall come to your room tonight. If you wish for the same as I, leave your door unlocked. CH.' The meaning was plain enough. But how would Charlotte (for that was the lady's name) ensure that her mother-in-law did not discover her absence. I knew that they had agreed to share a double bed and surely the old lady would be alerted if she left the room. I went to my own room and waited in suspense as time ticked by."

"It was gone midnight when at last I heard a timid knock on my door. I hastened to open it and admitted Charlotte. In the candlelight she looked a vision, her long dark hair was brushed out and hung around her shoulders. Her large dark eyes glittered reflecting the candle flames. She wore only her nightdress which revealed her deliciously plunging décolletage.

'Fear not, I have administered a sleeping draught to the old lady in her bedtime drink. She will not awaken until morning,' said Charlotte. 'Your door is unlocked so I must assume that your desires coincide with mine.'

'And what desires might those be,' I asked.

'Why those of a woman whose needs must be fulfilled,' said Charlotte seductively.

At this I required no further invitation but took the lady in my arms kissing her passionately on her full red lips. She reciprocated pushing her tongue between my lips and exploring my mouth with ardour. I lost no time and quickly pulled her nightdress over her head revealing her in her full beauty. She had a plump rounded body with delicious mounded breasts and curving hips. I picked her up in my arms and laid her on the bed. I quickly divested myself of my own nightshirt and joined her on the bed."

"At that time I had never married but I was well versed in matters of love having had a number of affairs with ladies both married and otherwise. Mrs Hope was not the first officer's wife who had taken a fancy to me. Indeed, as a young ensign it had been an older officer's wife who had taught me much of what I now know about the arts of love.

Now I used all my knowledge and experience to pleasure the delicious young lady who had become the companion of my bed. With my hands, my lips and my tongue I caressed that dear lady in every part until she cried out for release.

"'Oh Captain Ackroyd,'she cried. 'Enter me and give me release. But promise me one thing. You must not let loose your seed within me. Were I to fall with child it would be my undoing.'

'Madam, be assured I will exercise the utmost control. You may be certain that no drop of my seed will be planted in you.'

With this assurance I entered her delightful declivity which was now gushing with moisture and proceeded to thrust into her with gusto. As her note suggested the lady clearly wished for the same as I did for she moaned and cried out with pleasure as I repeatedly sheathed my sabre to the hilt in her hot and wet little sheath. This did not last long for within a few minutes I had my Colonel's wife writhing in ecstasy as she climaxed beneath me. I knew that if I continued to plunge my weapon into that delightful little chasm I would do what I had sworn not to and empty my seed into her so I withdrew from my assault and rested my siege weapon."

"When Charlotte had recovered herself a little I asked her whether she would do me the favour of granting me release with her hands.

'Of course Captain Ackroyd that would be my pleasure but perhaps there is a way in which I can repay you more fully for your skillful ministration to my needs.'

'Oh, and how might that be,' I asked insouciantly.

'Well captain, you have entered the main entrance but the lady of the house has instructed you not to unload your wares there. However, she would have no objection were you to proceed to the rear entrance and make your delivery there,' she replied flirtatiously.

Her meaning was clear and this would not me the first time that a lady wishing to protect her virtue or safeguard herself had requested that I make use of that avenue to pleasure."

"I soon had Charlotte on her hands and knees on the bed and proceeded to explore the delicious valley between her plump buttocks. My tongue roved up and down that luscious cleft, tasting the juices which were still dripping from her recently plundered slit but finally it was on her tiny wrinkled rosebud that my tongue centred, first circling it and then slowly exploring its tightly drawn centre. Once the tiny flower began to open under the ministrations of my tongue I moistened my fingers by dipping them into the juices of her flowing cunny and slowly inserted one finger tip into her tight rear entrance. Slowly her postern gate yielded to my insidious assault and I was able to insert a second digit.

Now I positioned myself behind her and once more entered her front portal all the while gently easing my fingers into the rear entrance. Once my manhood was fully lubricated with her juices I applied the tip to her tender rosebud. The lady was certainly no virgin as far as the rear door was concerned for she easily relaxed her muscles allowing my pole to slip past her tight ring and lodge its head within. She moaned with pleasure as I pushed my pole further into her tight orifice. Soon she was sufficiently relaxed for me to thrust in and out in a quite vigorous fashion and within minutes I had once more brought the lady to a quivering climax. I could hold on no longer myself and with a few more firm thrusts I felt myself explode inside her tight fundament as I pumped my seed safely into her waiting bowels."

"It was at that moment that the door to my room opened and to my horror there stood Charlotte's mother-in-law holding a candle aloft with a look of horror on her face. My weapon was still buried to the hilt in Charlotte's bum and I was crouched in flagrante delicto behind that luscious lady who was on all fours naked on my bed. My mind raced but there was simply no way I could explain away the position I found myself in.

'Charlotte, you will return to our room this instant,' ordered Mrs Hope and Charlotte fled from the room pausing only to seize her nightdress from the floor.

'As for you Captain Ackroyd there can be no excuse for this unspeakable behaviour. I shall report you to my son on our return and He will no doubt decide upon a suitable punishment for you.'

With that she whirled out of the room slamming the door behind her."

"I lay awake for hours wondering what punishment Colonel Hope would mete out to me. Would he challenge me to a duel? Perhaps he would have me flogged in front of the whole regiment. My army career was certainly over. What would become of me? And how had the old lady woken up. Had Charlotte failed to give her the drug or had she realised our plan? I was never to find out the answers to these questions.

The next day the two ladies ate breakfast in their room. The older Mrs Hope completely ignored me as she climbed into her carriage. Charlotte looked at me tearfully and mouthed the word 'Sorry' as she climbed in after her. At that moment I toyed with the idea of pointing my horse in the opposite direction and fleeing the consequences of my actions. But then I thought better of it. Had I not led a small detachment of my dragoons into action against a much larger company of fierce Scotsmen back in 1715 and put them to flight capturing their artillery pieces in the process. I had faced my enemies with courage then and I would again now. So it was with a heavy heart that I urged my horse to follow Mrs Hope's carriage back to my regiment."

"Within an hour of arriving back at regimental headquarters I was summoned to see the Colonel. He was incandescent with rage. For over an hour he marched up and down in front of me as I stood to attention screaming every kind of obscenity at me until finally he calmed down.

'Captain Ackroyd, he said. 'You are a bounder and a cad and you do not deserve any longer to hold a commission in this honoured regiment. If I could, I would have you court martialled, whipped and hung. However, that would only make public the private humiliation which you have heaped upon myself and my wife. I will therefore offer you an honourable way out which is your resignation from your commission. There is only one condition to this and that is that you never breathe a word of these events to another living soul. If you do, I swear I shall hunt you down like the dog that you are and kill you with my own hands. If you accept this you will leave her and go to your quarters, compose a letter of resignation and leave the barracks. I do not ever wish to see you again. I saluted and did as I was ordered."

"I had nowhere to go. Two years earlier my poor mother had died tired out with trying to eke out her meagre savings. I had no other close relatives alive, all my friends were in the army and they would have nothing to do with me once rumours of the reasons for my resignation began to fly around the regiment. After a few months my own funds had run out. I had looked everywhere for honest employment but nobody would employ an ex soldier with no references who could not account for why he had resigned his commission."

"One night I fell in with Angus in an ale house. Ironically he was an ex-Jacobite disillusioned with their cause and on the run from the law. Together we conceived a plan to rob a mail coach. Our first robbery was a great success. After we had carried out several such robberies we met up with young John. He was an orphan who had escaped from the workhouse where he was very ill treated. Angus and I became father figures and helped him to survive by his wits. To tell the truth you are the first lady that ever we ravished and for that I am truly sorry. And yet I sense that while your ravishment took place without your consent you were not an entirely unwilling partner, my lady."