Legacies

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was full of.txt files, all named in date order. He clicked open one to see it was the text of an email. He closed it back down. It was too personal, and he had no business looking.

Then he saw a final one, one labelled "Goodbye." He clicked on it; he only read the first few lines, enough to know that this was his father saying goodbye to her. And for some reason, he'd never sent it.

It also mentioned the money. So she had been telling the truth.

He sat back and sighed, trying to determine if it all made sense.

"Are you coming downstairs dickhead?" his brother yelled up.

"Yeah, in a minute, but Rachel sent me some money this morning, so we might not have to rush to sell this place," he called down.

X

He had spent the day arguing with his brother. His brother wanted the house emptied, but he'd agreed to delay long enough for him to arrange storage and a large van to get everything he wanted to safety.

It was about three o'clock when he remembered she'd given him her Instagram and had accepted him as a friend.

.

He reached for his phone at the speed of light. He opened Instagram and went to her new profile--the one on which he was friends.

He clicked the message.

His hands were shaking as he thought about what to write.

"Hey, I really want to see you again before you leave. Can we please meet up?" he sent, then, thinking that might not be enough to get her attention, he added, "I have a message my father wrote you but never sent you."

He hit send and waited.

THE END