Legacy Ch. 07

Story Info
The seven close around the one...
15k words
4.71
2.7k
9

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 07/30/2023
Created 10/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this story are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

__________________

The little girl was sitting on the office floor, holding her stuffed animal close to her chest. Tears were streaming down her face and it was clear she had no idea what was going on. Officer Michael Danbury sat on the edge of the doctor's desk, nervously fidgeting with one of those executive ball clickers. He hated this. The doctor was in the examination room next door, evaluating the girl's mother. She would be here soon to do the same to the girl. In fact, she had made it abundantly clear to Danbury that he not, under any circumstance, let the girl out of his sight.

"I know you're scared," the officer said, "I'd be scared too. But it's going to be alright. No one is going to hurt you, I promise."

"I just want my mommy," the little girl cried softly.

Michael knelt down in front of her and tried to be as comforting as he could.

"Your mom is in the other room with the doctor. You'll see her soon, I promise. Now, while we wait, why don't you tell me who this little guy is?"

"His name is Blueberry," the girl replied.

"Is he a dog?"

"No, he's a wuzzelin."

"Of course he is!" the officer said with a warm smile, "Just look at his ears. Those are the ears of a wuzzelin if I ever saw one."

The girl laughed a little, "You've never seen a wuzzelin!"

The door to the office opened suddenly and the doctor entered the room. She was a rather tall figure, with long, black hair and piercing green eyes. There was also something vaguely dangerous about her. It was sort of like being in a room with a hungry, beautiful lioness.

"There she is," the doctor said, "It's good to finally meet you Aimee. I'm Dr. Elryse Tyron. I have been asked by the police to help you and your mother."

"Where is my mommy?"

"She's safe, just in the other room," The doctor came and sat on a small chair beside the young girl. "Aimee, you do know that your mother is not well, don't you?"

Aimee squeezed Blueberry even tighter.

"I'm going to be taking care of her for a while," the doctor continued, brushing a stray lock of Aimee's hair from her face. "But right now, I'm more worried about you. Can you tell me how old you are?"

"Twelve."

"So, you were born in 2004?"

"I guess so."

Dr. Tyron opened the manila folder she had on her lap.

"Are you certain of this?"

The doctor flipped through the folder. "You see, there is no record of you anywhere. No school records, no medical records. Nothing. Not even a birth certificate. All we have is the police report from last night, when they found you and your mother."

"I want my mommy," the girl said.

Dr. Tyron peered at the girl over her glasses and said: "Visne meam vaginam lambere?"

"What was that?" the police officer asked.

The girl said nothing and looked as confused as the officer.

"Damn it," Dr. Tyron said as she jumped up and walked to her desk. "Clever, clever girl...Tell me Aimee, do you remember having a sister?"

"No."

"Do you remember anyone who lived with you and your moother at all?"

"My aunt Tiffany, we stayed with her every now and then."

A faint smile drifted across the doctor's lips.

"I think we are finished for tonight. Officer Danbury, I know a family that will let Aimee stay with them while I treat her mother. Would you kindly take her to this address?"

Michael shook his head, "I am sorry doctor, I have orders to bring the girl to CHiPS after your examination. And besides, it sounds like the girl has family. I'm sure we can find this Aunt Tiffany."

Dr. Tyron locked her eye onto the officer. There it was again, that irrational fear that he was in the presence of an apex predator. Without breaking her alluring gaze, Dr. Tyron called out: "David, I need you!"

The office door opened almost immediately.

"Yes, doctor?" the nurse asked.

"Can you take Aimee here to see her mother. I need to speak with Officer Danbury...privately."

"Of course, doctor," David said, "Let's go see your mother, sweetheart."

Aimee quickly jumped up and took David's outstretched hand. As she walked out, the little girl looked back at Dr. Tyron and Officer Danbury. Neither one spoke as the doctor reached out and touched the officer's chest. David closed the door shut before Aimee could see anything else.

Aimee's mother had been heavily sedated and, though she was awake, she had trouble staying focused on anything. She hugged Aimee close and told her how much she loved her.

"Look how big you've gotten," Rose Archer whispered, "I have always been so proud of you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Her mother began to cry.

"David," Rose said, "Can you give me a moment with my baby girl? Alone. Before I have to go..."

At first, Aimee thought he was going to refuse this request. But then his face softened and he nodded. "Not too long, O.K.? I'm going to go to the vending machine. You have until I get back. Would you like anything sweetheart?"

Aimee nodded and asked for a candy bar. David smiled and left the room. When Rose spoke next, it was with an intensity that Aimee had never seen before.

"Listen to me. I am going to be alright. I am more worried about you. I don't have time to tell you everything that you will need to know. But take this."

Rose reached into her blouse and pulled out a small, old, leather-bound book.

"Don't show this to anyone. Keep it safe and read it. The secret is there: you must be there when the seven close around the one."

Aimee took the book. Though it was very small, it felt heavy in her small hands.

"I love you, Aimee," her mother said, kissing her forehead. "The way ahead for you will not be easy, but never forget: you hold in your hand the means to save us both."

Aimee hugged her mother tight, so afraid of what was about to happen. But time was not on her side, and her mother quickly encouraged the girl to hide the book before David returned. It wasn't long until the door opened and David came into the room, carrying a candy bar.

Aimee's mother seemed to grow tired and confused again. David and Aimee chatted about all manner of things as she ate her snack. It seemed like a very long time passed before the door to the room opened again. When it did, Officer Danbury came into the room.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked Aimee, "We have a bit of a drive ahead of us."

"Where are we going?"

"To the family Dr. Tyron mentioned. They will watch over you while your mother gets better."

"I thought you said -"

"Nevermind what I said," the officer barked, "Get your toy and your things and come with me. Now."

He was not the same person Aimee had sat with in the doctor's office. Everything about him, his demeanor, how he spoke, everything was different. He had become cold, distant, perhaps even cruel. The tone of his voice made it very clear to Aimee that he was in no mood to be challenged. After several more furtive hugs and kisses with her mother, Officer Danbury led Aimee out of the room.

_____________________

Aimee fled the library, blinking away her tears. This couldn't be happening. It just couldn't! How had she been so blind? How could she have been so stupid? She had come so far, discovered so much! The Convergence was happening, or it was about to happen. Amy Schiffer was the seventh girl! The seven will close around the one! That was what her mother had said; that was what she had deciphered from the journal. It was this event that would save her and her mother. If only she had more time to understand her role in all of this. But her time had just run out.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid girl!" she muttered to herself as she ran back to Lillian Hall. She had put them all in danger. Since she arrived at the college two months ago, Aimee had taken great pains to keep herself hidden, not just from the campus authorities, but also from the one who took her mother from her and turned her life into a living hell. But now, everything had changed. She had to get back to the attic. The computer, her phone, she had to get rid of everything. Aimee knew there was no other way. She was going to have to run. Again. The thought broke her heart in two. The attic had begun to feel like a safe place, like the home she'd never had. And the girls of the third floor, despite the fact that she had never spoken to any of them, were like her best friends. But it was over and all she could do now was run away. It was the only way to keep them safe.

But before she left, she had to get Blueberry.

The young girl usually took great care to conceal her comings and goings from the dorm, sneaking in only at night, leaving early in the morning. But this time, she didn't care if anyone saw her. They would never see her again after today.

Aimee burst through the main lobby doors and headed to the stairs on her right. Nobody was in sight and Aimee quickened her pace, hoping that she could get in and out of the attic just as quickly. She stopped at the door to the third floor and opened it just enough to peek down the hall. The coast was clear. Room 301 was right there, just to her left. One of the first things Aimee did when she arrived at Franklin College was to steal one of the dorm's master keys. Gripping the key in her hand, she approached the door only to find that it was already unlocked.

Her heart skipped a beat as she pushed the door open. The attic's access ladder was already down. Her worst fears crystalized in that moment, encasing her heart and shattering her hopes. She was already here. She had found her. With panic rising in her throat, Aimee turned to run, and ran right into the arms of Yvette Ramirez.

_______________________________

"Where is that stupid bitch?" Kevin yelled as he rubbed the temples of his balding head, "It's time to fucking eat!"

"You know exactly where she is," his younger brother said as he spooned the cheap, store bought lasagna into his fat, pug-like face.

Kevin looked at him with a mixture of disgust and annoyance. "You are such a pig, Charlie."

Charlie responded by snorting and stuffing even more pasta into his mouth.

Kevin got up from the table and headed towards the utility room. "Hey, you little cunt! Get your fat ass out here! Now!" His head was throbbing and only seemed to be getting worse. He kicked the door open and found the girl cowering, as usual, between the dryer and the wall, with that stupid blue stuffed animal of hers.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he yelled at her. "Did you not hear me? Get in there, now!"

Aimee lurched up and darted past Kevin as fast as she could run, the skirt of her old, yellow dress fluttering behind her. Kevin slowly followed her back to the kitchen table and made sure she had sat down before he took his seat. Charlie snickered and giggled as he ate, staring at Aimee like she was next on the menu.

"For fuck sake," Kevin said as he slopped a pile of lasagna onto her plate. "How long have we been taking care of you now, huh? How long have you been in this house, under my protection?"

"Five years," Aimee said softly, as she adjusted those big, ugly glasses.

"You're goddamn right! Five long years!" Kevin stammered, "And in that time, IN ALL THAT FUCKING TIME, you still don't know when to come to fucking dinner!"

"I wasn't hungry," she said softly.

This made Charlie laugh so hard that pasta sauce spewed from his mouth. "Not hungry? You on a diet or something, you fat cunt?" Charlie laughed even harder as he prodded his brother to get in on the verbal abuse. "What do you think Kev? You think little piggie here is worried about her fucking figure?"

Kevin was only barely listening. His head was pounding so hard it felt like it was about to explode. He couldn't focus on anything except the pain and nausea. He looked up at the woman sitting across the table from him. She was just a girl when they brought her to live with him and his brother. Back then, she was just a chubby, little thing that cried herself to sleep every night and begged to see her mommy. But now, that little girl had grown up to become a rather pretty young woman, even if she was fat. More and more, Kevin began to notice the curve of her developing breasts, how her hips were widening, and of course her big, round bottom.

"Five years..." he mumbled.

Charlie was still laughing at his own stupid jokes, but the girl must have heard him. She was staring back at him with the most curious look on her sweet, round face. It almost looked like she was concerned for him.

A sharp pain hit Kevin. It bore through his skull like a bolt of lightning or a red hot iron spike.

"FUCK!" he howled.

Charlie stopped laughing and stared at him, his ugly mouth hanging wide open. Kevin got up and staggered towards the refrigerator, hoping to get something cold for his head, but he didn't make it. The pain struck again and this time it dropped him to the floor. When he finally managed to open his eyes, he saw the face of an angel looking down on him.

"I am so sorry," Kevin whispered deliriously, "For everything..."

"Get away from him, you bitch!"

Charlie managed to pull his massive bulk out of his chair and waddle over to Aimee and his brother. He grabbed the girl by the arm and dragged her back to her room.

"Dinner's over," he spat as he shoved her into the room and slammed the door shut.

Aimee's room was little more than a closet with a cot. She would often spend days locked in it whenever she got caught trying to run away or if Kevin was feeling particularly cruel. Even though the brothers didn't make anything easy for her, Aimee still managed to keep some of the secrets of her little prison cell from her captors. Neither of them knew or seemed to care that there was a vent near the ceiling of the closet or that the grate that covered it was barely attached to the wall.

Aimee quietly moved the cot under the vent and climbed up to it. She gently tugged at the grate. It pulled away from the wall easily. The vent's opening wasn't very big, but it didn't need to be. If she was careful and quiet, Aimee could squeeze in enough to be able to see through to a second vent that looked down into the kitchen as well as hear a lot of what was going on throughout the rest of the house. She had spied on Kevin and Charlie for several years, ever since she got big enough to reach the vent. She listened to their conversations, memorized their routines, and learned a great deal about both of them, especially things that they clearly never wanted her to know. Things like who they worked for and why.

Aimee could clearly see Kevin through the vent. He was still on the kitchen floor, still shaking in agony. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened to him, but it was the worst attack she had ever seen. Charlie would get the same headaches as well, and Aimee had begun to suspect why. Whenever either of them looked at Aimee a certain way, the migraines would soon follow. Sometimes they would be so painful and so intense that they would leave one of them bedridden until the doctor arrived. Aimee was always locked in her room during these times and though she never actually saw the doctor, she knew it had to be Elryse Tyron.

Somewhere else in the house, she could hear Charlie talking.

"Yes, it's really bad this time. What do you want me to do?"

There was a long pause and Aimee assumed he was speaking to someone on his phone.

"No, she's in her room...I understand. I'll wait for you then."

Charlie came into view and sat back down at the table. He continued to eat, seemingly oblivious to his brother's pain.

"Doc's on her way Kev," he said between bites. "You're just gonna have to suck it up until she gets here." Charlie laughed at what he had just said, like it was a joke. "Did you hear that? Suck it up Kevin!"

Aimee slowly lowered herself back to her bed and clutched Blueberry to her chest. She knew what she had to do. She just prayed she had the courage to do it.

_________________________

Amy and Stacy burst into Room 301, one clearly more winded than the other from running all the way across campus.

"Don't...worry! I'm...wooo! Here!" Stacy gasped, taking a deep breath between each word and leaning against the wall. Brianna, Sandra and Christy were waiting for them beside the attic ladder.

"Oh my God," Amy said, staring up into the hole above them. "Are you serious?"

Brianna grabbed Amy and wrapped her arms around her.

"What's going on, B.?"

"I thought it would just be easier to show you," Brianna said, her face half obscured by her long, straight black hair. "We caught her trying to get up into the attic. She's been living up there for some time now."

Amy took a moment to enjoy the feeling of Brianna back in her arms.

"Soooo," Stacy cooed as she went over to give Christy and Sandra a big hug, "Where have you two been? We've been worried sick about the both of you!"

"That's kind of a long story," Christy said meekly.

"Fucking!" Sandra blurted out as she hugged Stacy tighter, "We've been fucking."

"Well, I guess it's not really that long of a story after all." Christy said.

"We all have," Brianna interjected, still in Amy's arms. "We have all been having sex with each other. Yvette and Rebecca, Christy and Sandra, you, me, Stacy and Jodi. And there's more. Things have been happening to each of us, things that we can't explain. And then there's this girl, Aimee Archer. I am sure that she knows more about what's going on than any of us, but she is scared. Terrified really."

"Where is she?" Amy asked.

"Up in the attic with the others. You two need to see what's up there."

Amy nodded and, one by one, the girls climbed the ladder.

"No fucking way," Stacy said as she looked around the finished attic, "This has been up here this whole time and no one knew about it?"

"It had to have been," Christy said as they walked toward the other side of the attic. "It's clear this girl has been living here long before any of us even stepped foot on campus."

Aimee Archer was sitting on the bed, legs crossed and hugging a stuffed animal. Yvette was there, sitting beside her on the bed while Rebecca stood across from them by a wall covered in photographs.

Aimee looked almost exactly the way she did that day when Amy spoke to her in the library. Her round, moon face was partially hidden by her large round glasses. She wore a similar loose top and a long, flowing skirt. It struck Amy that the girl was like the opposite of Stacy. Where Stacy clearly embraced and celebrated her ample curves by wearing tight tops and short skirts, Aimee was ashamed and embarrassed by her own body and tried her best to hide it from everyone.

The girl looked up at Amy and all of the other girls and her eyes grew even wider. Tears welled up and she began to shiver. Brianna, realizing how overwhelming it must have been for her to have everyone just stare at her, motioned for everyone but Amy to back off. The group gathered around Rebecca by the wall to give the two of them some space.

"Aimee?" Amy asked softly, kneeling in front of the girl. "Brianna says you're scared. You're not scared of us, are you?"

"No," Aimee replied urgently, "I'm not scared of you or any of the other girls." Her voice was weak and wavering, but it was earnest. "Where's Jodi?"

"Are you afraid of Jodi?"

"I...don't want to be."

Amy turned to look back at the others. Jodi was not with them.

"Why are you afraid of her?"

Aimee shook her head, and wouldn't answer. "You are all in terrible, terrible danger," Aimee said instead, reaching out to take Amy's hand in hers, "I am so sorry. There is a woman out there, and she's been looking for Jodi or, at least, I always thought she was looking for Jodi. She is evil and cruel and very, very powerful. I thought I was safe here, I thought all of you were. I mean, if she knew about Franklin College then she would know where Jodi was. But she does know...she has always known...Amy, I'm so scared."