Lesbian Love Story Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I took dancing lessons as often as my pocket money would allow and I begged my parents to let me go into the city to a real dance studio. They refused but did agree, after many months of me begging and pleading, to find a local dancing school. They went one better than that, they found a local acting and theatre group. One that taught young people with stars in their eyes, and a mountain of ambition and drives, what the industry was really like. So I went straight from high school into dancing, singing, and acting classes.

Chapter 3 -- Dancing in the Dark.

I had turned 18 and Illario and I were still going out together although not as frequently as I would like. This was to be the very first and last time I was faced with this dilemma. Illario's parents were happy for us to be friends while at school but their plans were for him to go to University, and become an engineer or something. Their plans didn't include him having a girlfriend or not a coloured girlfriend I later found out.

He told me just after the school year ended that he wanted us to remain good friends but as he would have to concentrate on his studies while at University, it might be better if we just stayed friends. As I was pretty busy, most days, it seemed like the right thing to do.

We were both OK with the set-up. Until his mother rang me one evening and explained to me, "Having a girlfriend would be difficult for Illario while he was studying at University so before we became too attached," She told me, "It would be best for you both if we just let things go,"

Had I just been dumped by the only 'boyfriend' I had ever had and not by him but by his MOTHER, over the phone? I was gobbed smacked. I didn't say a word, I just hung up. I was stunned, to say the least. I told my Momma and she laughed. My Poppa was a little angry and said a real man doesn't let his mother do such things. I watched as my Momma gave him a strange look and he just waved his hand at her and spoke in Swahili to her, "Unakumbuka mama yako alifanya nini?" [Remember what your mother did?]

I took a sudden interest and was about to speak when my Momma turned to me from the kitchen sink where she was preparing dinner. "Mtoto, si kazi yako." [Behave, child, it's none of your business.] I smiled at her. I loved the sound of my Momma speaking in Swahili, it was smooth as silk, and it flowed effortlessly. I smiled at her, she smiled back.

It took until the following weekend before I caught up with him, I was stewing all the while, and on top of that it was still a good three months before his courses at University would even start. Which only added to the building of anger inside of me.

As it turned out he was still expecting to get his jollies from me and I was to allow him access into my panties. Part of me wanted to explode with rage, but the calmness that my parents had planted into me, came to the fore. He was taken aback when I said no and explained why. I told him, "We are just friends now remember, and friends don't do such things to each other,"

I smiled at him while I held my hand on his cheek, letting my thumb caress his face, I was about to slap his face hard, very hard but I didn't. I told him straight out. My tone was cold and harsh "I need the person I am with to be supportive of me and to be themselves, not their mummies boy," I kissed him goodbye.

I was hurt, but nowhere near as much as Sarah was at losing Stephanie, but hurt nonetheless. While Illario and I did share some semi-intimate moments, we were never going to be married or anything. We were just two teenagers exploring our sexuality.

I threw myself into my dancing, and the theatre, learning about all things, like makeup, lighting, and stage presence throwing one's voice. I was introduced to a local amateur theatre company that put on 3 shows a year. I loved the atmosphere around the group and the shows we were performing. I had found my place, or so I thought.

My dancing was my way of setting myself free. I was fluid, like water, like a summer breeze dancing among the clouds. I felt alive. Any stress or tension I had, I could just dance them away.

After a rehearsal late one afternoon, I was asked to tidy up after the class so I put on some gentle music, just music. I didn't know any of the tunes and just kept humming to myself as I went about, picking things up. I thought I heard a noise and looked around the empty dance studio. No one was there. With the one wall full of floor-to-ceiling mirrors, I caught my reflection and started studying myself. And then I danced, as I have done a thousand times before. I had a long sleek scarf and I moved as if I were a tissue paper being tossed on the wind, or like an empty boat on a stormy sea.

I didn't notice I was being watched.

As the music stopped I heard a gentle applause and a woman was standing in the doorway.

"If you are Sanjana Chol, I was told you were a good dancer," She told me. "Your movement is graceful and effortless, a natural dancer,"

I blushed, not that she would have noticed. She held out her hand and introduced herself, "My name is Marjory Taylor and I have come to see Sanjana Chol dance. By the looks of things I am too late for her rehearsal," I took her hand and shook it. She smiled at me.

I smiled and quietly said, "Yes, I am Sonny but the rehearsal finished a short while ago. I'm just cleaning up,"

"I noticed. You do move very smoothly, from the little I saw. Would you dance for me now? I have come a long way to actually see you," She told me.

"Me, you've come to see me?" I was astonished that someone would come and see me do anything. "Bu Bu butttt why?" I stuttered

"When a truly talented dancer comes to light, eventually I will get to hear about her or him. Your teachers were very complimentary towards you. As are your current tutors," She stopped then and gave me a business card. "I manage an agency, for models, actors, and dancers. I guide them and help them find their way," She told me and then continued. "Have you heard of the Isadora Doncan Dance Academy in Paris?"

I shook my head.

"Have you heard of Isadora Duncan at all?"

Again I shook my head.

She took out her phone and brought up a Wiki page on this Isadora Doncan. She took me by the hand and we sat on some hard wooden chairs set against the wall. She showed me who this Isadora Doncan was and what her Dance Academy was all about.

"The Dance Academy is an elite dance company, world renown. They put on exhibitions and shows all over the world, Russia, China, The US and all through Europe," She explained.

She then told me, "Every two years they hold auditions all over the world," She looked at me, I was spellbound.

"They are holding auditions for a three-year scholarship to the Academy in Paris. Next month in Sydney," She stopped, looking for a reaction from me. I was still stunned that she had come to actually see me dance.

"There is a BUT attached, you have to pass the auditions first here in Australia, then in Singapore and if you are still selected the final one in Paris. Only the very finest dancers get accepted. I would like to invite you to audition for the IDDA,"

I sat there trying to take it all in.

She sat there next to me, waiting for me to say something.

I was in a state of shock. I was dumbfounded.

She asked if I was alright, "Yes I'm fine, just a little surprised by it all,"

I sat there a little longer deep in thought before saying, "Let's go and ask my parents what they think?"

"Yes of course," Came her reply.

We sat around our dining room table, Momma as always provided some finger food and coffee.

Marjory Taylor explained everything. "I am an agent for Models, Actors, Singers, well anybody in the entertainment world. My agency is called the MT Entertainment Agency. I have been commissioned to hold the bi-annual IDDA scholarship Auditions for Australia and the Pacific regions,"

My parents didn't show any signs of excitement or displeasure. They just sat there and listened. I knew it wasn't my place to talk, just yet.

Marjory continued. She took out from her briefcase several pamphlets about both the dance school in Paris and her own agency. They were laid out on the table. Neither of my parents touched them or even glanced at them. They kept looking at this woman explaining what their daughter's future could look like.

She again explained who and what the Isadora Doncan Dance Academy was, and how prestigious it was. That the three-year scholarship was all-inclusive of all tutor fees, living arrangements and a small weekly living allowance. That there was a strict formal agenda that must be met, and if they chose to continue with the IDDA after the scholarship, there would be a lucrative contract.

Then turning to me she told me straight. "Don't think it won't be hard, it will be, they demand much from you, to make certain you reach all of your potentials,"

I just nodded trying my hardest to contain my excitement. I looked at my Momma, her body language gave nothing away. My Poppa on the other hand was looking hard at me, his eyes glazing over, and tears were welling up.

My Momma would have the final say in all this, no matter how I felt or what my Poppa said. I knew this, Poppa knew this and I think Marjory Taylor knew this as she turned to my Momma and asked her. "What do you think Misses Chol?"

Momma just sat there eyeing this woman up. The fancy words and pamphlets would mean nothing to her. To my Momma, it will always be about her feelings, how she feels about the person, "I think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered,"

Momma looked at me I sat opposite her and she watched my every movement. I tried not to let it show just how I was really feeling. My Momma could sense how it was affecting me. I gulped as I waited for her to show me a sign.

Then in Swahili, she spoke to my Poppa, "Je, unamwamini mwanamke huyu?" [Do you trust this woman?]

My Poppa just looked back at her and told her "Ninamwamini binti yangu zaidi ya mwanamke huyu," [I trust my daughter more than this woman]

Marjory Taylor looked at me and asked, "What are they saying?"

Before I could answer Poppa spoke up. He smiled at her, "Our apologies Misses Taylor. We were discussing if we should trust you with our daughter,"

Then my Momma stood up and poured more coffee for them, and being straightforward she explained her feelings, "Marjory, we do not know you or this dance school. We are not people with a lot of money but we do have our happiness and that happiness is in our daughter Sanjana, or Sonny as she prefers to be called. I do not want her heart broken with false promises. You tell us that you want her to dance at this audition and if she wins this audition, she goes to another audition and IF she wins that one, there is yet another audition," Momma sat back down and I looked at her and smiled lovingly.

"To me, for such a world-famous dance school, why would they give away, for free, three years of their study? What would my little girl have to give back to them?"

Marjory sipped on her coffee and sat back in her chair. "You ask the right questions Misses Chol. There is a payment, but not in money, directly. Sanjana would need to enter into a 5-year contract with me and the dance studio," She looked at me, keeping eye contact her voice was earnest when she told me. "We will manage her professional life, her money and everything that she does. Her private life is her own unless it crosses over into her professional life,"

She in turn looked at each one of us. "I appreciate you all being honest with me about your feelings. The only person we haven't heard from is Sanjana,"

I looked at my Poppa, his smile gave me confidence and strength. Then on to my Momma, I saw the sadness in her eyes, so I knew then that she would not say no.

"It's Sonny, Misses Taylor. Five years is a long time to give away one's life. Because that is how I see it. I may be earning a lot of money, but I won't see it or be responsible for it. Very much like a child once more," I told her. This time I was holding her gaze.

She looked into my eyes and I could see that she was weighing me up. I held her stare. Not moving, a battle of wills was a thought that ran through my mind at that time.

"I like the thought of performing, I want to push myself, to see if others can feel what I feel when I dance," I told them all. My parents had heard this sermon from me time and again.

"Momma, Poppa I have some money saved up, I could fly to Sydney and audition. IF I am the winner, then we can discuss if I should go on from there,"

Marjory smiled at me and cleared her throat. "I don't think I made myself understood. You have to sign an agreement to enter the audition. Just in case you win. So you must decide before you come to Sydney,"

I sat in silence.

Poppa spoke for the family. "This is a big decision and not one any of us are going to make here and now. You appreciate that Misses Taylor, don't you?"

Marjory nodded her head. "Of course I do. I will leave with you our standard contract, I would suggest if you have some legal people, they could look over it and give you advice,"

She finished her coffee and handed me a large set of papers. "There is a contract as well as the guidelines for the auditions, all the way to Paris. I will be flying back to Sydney tomorrow please ring me if you have any questions,"

We shook hands and my father walked her to the front door. They said their farewells and he returned to the family table, we sat there and we all looked at each other.

I was excited and nervous, my Momma came over to me and started to rub my neck and she spoke in a soothing voice. "There is no hurry is there?" I felt her fingers digging into my neck I think I moaned.

I just sat there letting her magic fingers ease the tension in my neck.

Chapter 4 -- Love at First Sight.

We sat talking most of that same evening. Meaning my Momma and I talked about it, my head swimming. Poppa had gone quiet which meant he had made up his mind but was letting his females talk about it further.

As bedtime approached he stood up, offering his hands to us both, he helped us to our feet and hugged us both. "Sonny, we will let a lawyer read this, I know of one I can trust and all of us will be guided by her words. But it will be our decision as a family, understood?"

I hugged him a little harder. He kissed my head, Momma kissed my head and then her husband. "But we have not made any decisions yet, is that understood," Momma told us both. I smiled and nodded.

I went off to bed. Not that I could sleep. And I heard my Momma and Poppa talking, then giggling, so I buried my head into the pillow, not wanting to hear any of their private bedroom antics.

I rang Marjory Taylor the following day, explaining that we were going to get a lawyer to read the contract. I would ring her before the auditions with our decision.

It took the lawyer two weeks to read the paperwork and get back to my Poppa. That left us just three weeks to prepare for the auditions.

She, the lawyer, Toyra Bongeng, called us into her office in the city. Momma and I decided that we would spend the whole day in the city shopping, while Poppa had to work and would meet us around lunchtime so we three could listen to what she had to say.

After greeting us and settling into a spacious meeting room, she told us how she read it. "This contract will bind you to both the IDDA and the MTEA for a predetermined period of no less than eight years,"

Before she continued she let that sink in. "Do you understand that time frame?" I nodded.

Poppa asked, "What exactly does that mean?"

She looked at us all and said, "For eight years those two organisations will control your life, your money, all of your money. They will tell you where and when to dance, act, sing or entertain," She hesitated before she continued once again, "They will decide who can take photos of you and what those photos can be used for. What music you can sing and dance to? You won't be able to perform without their permission."

I sat there thinking to myself, I don't want that!

"That doesn't sound too fair to me," I said aloud.

Toyra looked at me and said matter of factly. "This contract binds you to them, you would have no say in anything to do with your public life Furthermore if they deem something you are doing in your private life, is adversely affecting your public life they can legally get you to stop or change it. Things like if they think your boyfriend is taking up too much of your time," She left the last sentence hanging there.

"If I were advising you, I would tell them that you would like to make some 'small' amendments to it, which we have highlighted for you,"

Both my Momma and Poppa asked the same question at the same time. "What would the changes mean for Sonny?"

We all laughed, "Basically, for the three years you are with the Isadora Doncan Dance Academy, they would be responsible for maintaining your lifestyle and looking after you. Feeding you, clothing you, making sure you have a safe place to stay and that they will teach you their way of dancing. Any money they make off of your performance is paid directly into your bank account,"

She looked at us and explained. "What that means is they will teach you to dance their way but they have to share any monies made with you while looking after you,"

I nodded in agreement. Both my parents were looking a little more relieved.

"Now after those three years, we have said that MTEA will have first options to sign you to their agency but you are not committed to signing with them. For every engagement made for you, you will have the final say. You will be solely responsible for your own artistic direction. In other words, they will work for you and not the other way around," Toyra pointed out each of the little amendments in the original documents and then said to the three of us.

"Are you willing to go head to head with their lawyers over these contracts?"

I wasn't sure I could do that and looking at my parents their body language was saying the same thing.

Toyra then suggested that for a small fee, their legal officers would present these amendments to the MTEA and IDDA in Sydney on our behalf. But courtesy would be that I let Marjory Taylor know in advance that was going to be the case.

I took a deep breath. I smiled at everyone, pulled out my phone and started dialling the number on the business card she left me. Poppa smiled at me and nodded.

The phone was answered after four rings, and a very business-like type voice said, Hello, Marjory Taylor speaking,"

"Hi Misses Taylor, it is Sonny Chol here, how are you?"

"I am well Sonny, it is good to hear from you. Are you practising for the auditions?"

"Yes, I am, 4 hours a day plus I am taking extra lessons in the evenings, 3 days a week," I cleared my throat before continuing.

"Uurrmmm Misses Taylor, we have taken your advice and asked Poppa's lawyer to look at the contracts you left us and they will be handling that on my behalf. They suggested I call you and let you know before they write to you. Is that OK?"

"I see, yes of course it is. Is there anything in particular you or they need explained to them?"

Toyra was listening in to the conversation and shook her head.

"Not at the moment, they will be in contact with you in the next day or so," I told her as Toyra gave me the thumbs up.

"Perfect," She said to me.

"I will see you at the auditions," I told her and hung up. I was so nervous but so glad I had rung her.

Toyra smiled and shook hands with my parents then hugged me and said leave everything up to her. I gave her my phone number in case she needed me. A little presumptuous on my part I know, but it felt like the adult thing to do. After all, I was 18 now and old enough to do this on my own.