All Comments on 'Let's Play Another Game'

by TrailerLott27

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
cageysea9725cageysea9725about 2 years ago

Paige is beautiful with her monobrow? Sounds like of Neanderthalish to me. Then a couple of lines later you switch from past tense to present tense mid-sentence.

That was the point I glanced under the submitter's name to see how pitiful his following is. I wasn't surprised to find his submissions have only convinced 5 people for each submission to follow him.

That makes sense.

The basic tool of writing is a command of the language one writes. This person lacks that in a big way.

My constructive critique is for them to learn English, or maybe submit stories in a language they're actually fluent in, but I'm skeptical such a language exists.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I gave it a 3*, I wasn't going to comment, but then I saw another cageysea9725 put down.

So the author probably missed the 's' off eyebrow. You could have just advised them to re-read more carefully in future. Also make them aware of the mixing of tense, both perfectly acceptable comments.

Then you start ridiculing their ratings and insulting them. You don't content yourself with just insulting the author. Because hirsute people with monobrows are not to your taste, there's no need to insult them by calling them all Neanderthals.

I don't know what feelings you're trying to engender in the authors you berate. I've yet to see you give proper, constructive critique to encourage authors to improve. I pity any students you might have taught.

You said, "I'm skeptical such a language exists." That's rich, from someone who wrote, "Sounds like of Neanderthalish to me." I get what you meant, but it sure wasn't English.

No, I don't have an account here and, that doesn't invalidate any points I've made.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous