Life after Brutal Betrayal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I came to the first bedroom which had the door ajar. I looked in and it was empty. I knew it had a Jack and Jill bathroom so went to see if there was anything there. The door was open as well. I went through quietly. My heart rate was rising. I could hear the sounds of people having sex. The door to the next bedroom was just open.

I used the small phone I had secreted in my underpants to record Melinda and Waylon fucking. In the end, I had six minutes of it. The fucking wasn't the worst. It was the pillow talk afterwards. I made my way out totally shocked.

I was standing outside the party room door when Derek found me as I said at the beginning. He gave me my coat and I left. It had been dawning on me that Melinda would have probably been fucking Waylon while I was sleeping whenever we stayed there. I slept like a log. Did I have help?

On the bus ride to town, I was trying to put everything into context but I couldn't. I did nearly throw up on the bus. Once home, I hid that phone and went to my bed. I never shared a bed with Melinda again.

There were no calls to the house phone enquiring about my health.

It was late the following morning before Melinda came home. She went straight on the attack, "Where the fuck did you disappear to? We went looking for you. You could have said you were at home."

I looked at her, my revulsion clear, "I was about to throw up due to that disgusting stuff all of you were smoking. Derek saw me and got me my coat. I saw the bus coming just after I puked. I wanted home to my own bed. I would have called but someone stole my phone from my coat. They could have called the landline but no one bothered. Your fake concern is noted."

I walked back to my room and slammed the door.

She came through later and asked if I was picking up the children from her parents. "No!" She wasn't pleased.

In the morning I took the kids to school and began to research all I needed to do to divorce the bitch and do as much damage to Waylon as I could.

I called my friend Donald who had advised on the consultancy idea. He's a solicitor. I told him what I had heard and the phone caught. I agreed to meet him in Edinburgh and go through everything.

Melinda came home with news she was to be away for two nights that week. She wasn't happy when I said I was also away those nights so she would have to arrange childcare at Waylon's expense. I was sick of paying out because of him. We had yet another row.

In Edinburgh, Donald and his wife Alison met me to go through my new business plan. She was a business consultant and had compiled a website for me. It listed my areas of expertise and qualifications. It had an email address for enquiries and a phone number. She'd man that in the meantime.

We went over what I would need if I went ahead. Donald was saying, "You can do this very well. I have need of such services several times a year. Other legal companies the same. Alison knows someone who would be perfect for your needs, short and long term. No Windsor's of this world on your back."

Alison had researched what other consultancies were charging. "John, you can expect to charge £1600 for eight hours, including 45 minutes for your lunch. The next two hours are £300 each. No more than ten a day."

I looked shocked, "If Windsor calls triple it. He underpaid me by two thirds, now he'll overpay till I make up what I lost. Even then I'll still charge him. I can't start until after the 11th of November when my notice period runs out or else he could sue me for breach of contract. He would."

I agreed that the consultancy looked a very good option. Alison would work through everything required and look for premises. I did say, they should be big enough for having at least three staff and a large storage area. If it took off, I'd need assistance to do the non-authorisation work and maybe another one qualified like me in the future. If her research was right, it would expand further so room for more staff would be required.

Once that was out of the way, Donald asked me about my evidence and I handed him an SD card I'd made from the phone recording. We all watched it. At the end, he said quietly, "What do you want to do?"

I looked at him, "Divorce is a given. Can I do anything about the pillow talk?"

Donald asked, "How far do you want to go? It may hurt some people a lot."

I smiled but it wasn't a happy smile, "I want him to suffer. If what they said was true, they played me from the very beginning. I want to demolish him and her. Let the world know about them."

Donald smiled, "Okay, I'll deal with the divorce and the first part of what we need. If you work in my office, you can research the stated cases we'll need to help our case. You'll have access to the court rulings, law books on how we can deal with him. I'll give you a few cases I think fit but you'll need to research others. He'll fight it. We need to take this slow. If we show our hand too early, they may manage to escape the trap."

I spent the afternoon, the next day and a half working through law books which Donald and some of his colleagues suggested. They say engineering books are dull but not like those. My skills worked well in tracking down the "stated cases" needed to show what we would be asking for was already an established legal principal.

Once I was home, Melinda tried to appear to be a concerned wife, "How did your meetings go?"

I answered politely, "They went well. They examined my qualifications, experience and authorisations. They were happy. They were very understanding that I could not start until after the 11th of November. They will prepare on the basis I'll join them on the 16th. They felt sure I would have clients come forward by then. Their web designer is going to put my stuff on board so that will reach perspective clients."

She looked unhappy, "This all says you will move away. Where does that leave me and the kids?"

I looked at her, "I thought you'd made your mind up. Waylon is far more important than me. You've shown no love for me for quite some time. Quite the opposite. Is it the loss of your childminder or someone to demean you'll miss the most?"

She looked daggers at me and went to her bedroom. I had found a small two-bedroom flat so three weeks later, I packed everything I wanted into a hired van and set off to Edinburgh. Melinda appeared in shock that I was actually turning my back on her. The kids told me on my return they had spent some time at Uncle Waylon's home.

On the 9th of November I loaded the last of my stuff into my car and set off to my new home. I never told Melinda or the kids.

The next day, my phone went wild. I didn't answer it. I assume Melinda wasn't happy that she was served the divorce papers naming her and Waylon Struthers as adulterers. As expected she fought the divorce. So, eight weeks later, Donald, Alison and I found ourselves in court.

Donald led the evidence, "My client, a thoroughly decent and caring man, has been the subject of a piece of such wickedness which despite this court's long history will shock most here today. Throughout their marriage, indeed before it, there was the presence of the adulteress's beau, Waylon Struthers." Donald went through all the weeks and nights away she had been with Waylon. He was particularly damning on her missing a prearranged family holiday to be with him or her lack of attending her children's school activities.

Melinda's solicitor, a Gary Hobson, laid out that while Melinda did put her all into her work, the time away from her family was not an affair. There had been no such affair. It was Mr Hodges jealousy which has hampered his recognition of that fact. There were no doubt issues in the marriage but counselling could potentially overcome those.

Donald called me and I went through all the evidence which showed me to be the ultimate doormat. At the end, Donald asked, "Mr Hobson says it is your jealousy which makes you go with this accusation of adultery. Many would ask why you didn't suspect long before. All the signs were there. Why?"

I looked at Donald, "I loved her so much I couldn't believe she would do such a thing. The family holiday she ruined by staying with him made me question everything. It was after that I realised I was a bloody fool. She wanted to be with him more than her family."

Donald smiled, "You cared for your children, yet you have not asked for any visitation rights why?"

I snorted, "When I caught them having sex in the annex bedroom, I had half expected that. It was the pillow talk afterwards. I was totally blindsided."

Donald asked quietly, "What did the pillow talk say?"

I was almost in tears as I recalled that moment all the light went from my world, "Waylon was talking about how fucking stupid the cuck was. I'd come back and get paid less. He was laughing as he said I was so stupid I didn't know both my kids were fathered by him."

Melinda gasped.

Donald spoke to the Sheriff (Judge in Scotland's middle courts), "M'Lord, we ask that the court order mandatory DNA analysis of all parties to establish the truth behind these comments? This is covered in the stated cases, I have given to the Sheriff Clerk. Mr Hodges will pay the cost should he be proved wrong. If correct then Mr Struthers should bear the costs plus much more. The second document, I have given the Sheriff Clerk details similar stated cases where the father of a child who knowingly had it brought up by another, unknowing to him, was found to be responsible for all costs and associated damages for the harm caused. The relevant costs are included.

"I ask the Sheriff Clerk to play the SD card I gave her earlier which proves both these statements."

The court was silent as the footage from my unknown phone camera was played. The mood changed when Melinda and Waylon laughed at me being so stupid, bringing up his kids.

His solicitor tried to have it stopped but the Sheriff allowed it to be played in full.

Mr Hobson called Melinda to the stand. She tried to say she had had a moment of weakness as we had been arguing so much. She wished to have her husband back.

Donald stood up, "You met Mr Hodges at Bright's Christmas party did you not?"

Melinda agreed.

Donald smiled, "This was set up by Waylon Struthers and Aubrey Windsor as you were already pregnant with Struthers's child. You seduced, almost raped Mr Hodges, that night and most subsequent nights until you "found" you were pregnant. You made it appear he was the father."

Melinda looked mad, "That's not true, Jennifer was premature."

Donald looked out a paper, "This is the medical report on your delivery. Jennifer was full term. Not just over six months. David was also forty weeks from a week you spent with Struthers on business. It appears his business could only afford one room. You wanted a third but Mr Hodges wouldn't play ball due to Bright's screwing his salary as he was seen as a joke, a doormat, a pawn in a bigger game.

"You never loved him. He was a complete patsy for you and your rich boyfriend to play around on. He won't marry you, you are just his bitch."

Struthers never gave evidence. Hobson tried to stop the DNA testing but the court ruled for it. The Police Officer in the criminal court was summoned and he arranged for the testers to come to court. The Sheriff watched as the swabs were taken. Melinda looked shattered. Tough.

Three weeks later we all returned to court. The DNA showed conclusively Struthers was the father of Jennifer and David. Another clue I missed, his parents' names. They would probably have named the third child, Waylon. Would I have guessed even then?

Before the Sheriff made his judgement, Donald said firmly, "There was another gross breach of legal responsibility in regard to this case. Struthers parents' wills stated that a proportion of their estate would go to any grandchildren. It was a complicated estate which took considerable time to administer. By then Mr Hobson knew Struthers was the father of at least two children, we believe there are five in total. By denying it, refusing to name the children, Struthers with Hobson's help, retained all of the estate for himself. We ask that two funds be set up in the names of Jennifer and David. These would be worth six million pounds today. The one stipulation we have is that Struthers does not set those up with his worthless shares in Bright's. They were at one time worth three times as much but are today worthless since Mr Hodges left."

Struthers about had a stroke. Pity! He didn't!

The Sheriff dealt with things in order. He granted the divorce and was scathing of the parts Struthers and Melinda had played. He dealt with the paternity issues. He made an order that £30 million be set aside for grandchildren of the deceased parents. No Bright's shares would be used. As for the documents regarding the costs of bringing up his children he found in my favour. The stated cases had been most informative. The figures I had produced were factual, not fanciful. In addition to instructing those be paid he added one point three million as damages.

Struthers fainted. Melinda was shellshocked. Her parents had not returned with her. They'd left the court after the video played.

Donald was happy. I learned he'd told a reporter he knew about the case. She had been at the court watching. They made the second page headlines. Something about royalty knocked it off the front page.

It was two weeks later, I was in my new office with Alison when her phone went. It was Bright's. She put it on speaker and motioned me to stay quiet.

"Good afternoon, Excel Consulting. I'm Alison, how may I help you?"

It wasn't Windsor, it was someone I didn't know, "I'm Gerald Crichton. I've recently been appointed to run Bright's, to try and save the firm. I understand you have access to personnel who are qualified and authorised to sign off on plant modifications. We need urgent help."

Alison smiled, "We do but the consultant we would use has bad memories of Bright's and how they treated him. He has instructed that the fee for you is triple his normal as you underpaid him by three times. This would mean a daily fee of £4800 for eight hours with £900 for hours nine and ten each. We do not allow work to exceed that daily.

"In addition, all documents would need to be couriered to our address. He will not correct errors so any documents with errors would be couriered back to you at your expense.

"With these costs, I believe you may wish to try other consulting firms before confirming with us."

I was about wetting myself as I heard him gulp at the costs. Alison played it straight, dispassionate, as though just repeating her instructions.

"She continued, "I can have the contract forwarded to you by email. If you sign it and send it back, I'll input what you are asking into our system and let you know the dates he can work for you. There are a few firms already asking after him, it will be on a first come, first served basis. His first opening would be in approximately eleven working days."

Crichton just said, "Thank you. I'll review everything and let you know quickly."

Alison and I creased ourselves for about five minutes when he rang off.

Once I had control I said, "Wow! I believed every word you said. He'll be so worried. They won't go for it. I'll have to find work soon."

Alison laughed, "I wasn't lying. You have ten days of work booked in. You'll be paid for the work you did with Donald's firm over the company who failed to ensure compliance on that housing development. There are three boxes of files here for you to go through for another company. You'll be busy. We held back until your divorce was through in case it didn't go the way it did. Your earnings would have been far lower so any alimony for the whore would be low. Donald did need your help but he wanted to ensure you looked after yourself. What happened to you was utterly appalling.

"Excel Consulting is a reality not a joke website. John, you're free to work for yourself. Tell Bright's to fuck off if you want. Hold them over the barrel. The choice is yours."

I looked at the boxes, "Okay, we need some office furniture and new computers. My laptop won't hack the high-end stuff. You know more about them than me, I'll say the minimum I need. I'll need to employ a secretary so if you know of anyone, I'd be grateful. No sex involved."

Alison hugged me, "I'll help you. I know a secretary but I'm not sure about the no sex rule. She's hot and you're quite a catch. It's my sister Anne. I'll call her and we can all meet up at the office furniture shop off Leith Walk. They are excellent. Desks, chairs, printers, cabinets. After that we'll head to a small computer place. They build to order, the spec you need. They are excellent. Okay, Daniel's my brother but Donald uses him as well for his firm."

I laughed, "I see it's a close family. You'll all have eyes on me. Let's get started."

Anne was hot. Not that she dressed slutty but she had curves I dreamt off. Melinda had been willowy. Great tits but slim. Anne was also highly intelligent, good at her job and kept me right as I found out in the weeks to come. She chose the desks after consulting with Alison to ensure we had what we needed. I also needed a long table for large plans. A laser printer capable of printing large scale drawings from one metre width to meters long if required. A similar scanner. I came out of there £53000 lighter in my bank balance.

We met Daniel and I explained what I needed, why I needed it. He asked a number of questions regarding software and resolutions for screens. Did I need two or three connected screens, throw capable screens. My face must have told him I was lost. Throw meant they had Bluetooth so tablets, laptops could be made to be seen on TV's or computer screens more easily. The bill this time for four computers, monitors and installation was £12000. In addition, there were software costs for the office, design and mathematical programmes.

I think Waylon would be happy his money was being well spent.

Anne took over back at the office. She arranged phone and broadband connections. Three days later, I sat in a very comfortable chair and perused my empire. Anne brought me my coffee. We had to have a proper coffee machine. I made that my first priority. Alison joined us to ensure everything worked a treat. For clients this would look a highly professional office.

Anne whispered to Alison who nodded. Anne spoke, "One of the rooms not being used needs to be shelved for storing the companies files when they arrive and leave. Our brother Angus is a bespoke carpenter and can have those done."

I looked at them both. Anne looked nothing like Alison. Neither did Daniel. I expected Angus to be the same. I smiled, "I understand. Contact him. Anything else?"

Anne blushed, "We haven't discussed salary, office dress code, holidays etc."

Alison spoke, "John, the average salary for what you're asking Anne to do is £27750. Thirty days annual leave and public holidays. Dress code I suggest should be office professional, not smart casual. Do you prefer dresses, skirts, hosiery or are you happy with slacks, blouses?"

Now it was my turn to blush, "Professional yes. I've no preference. I'm happy with the salary. It could be more as we work through her duties as the work comes in."

Anne laughed, "You drooled when Alison mentioned hosiery. I'll wear skirts, blouses or dresses. I'll keep them above knee length but not short. If I do something wrong, you'll need to spank my bum."

Now I was shocked!

Anne continued, "Do you celebrate national nude secretary day? It's on the 5th of February."

I was speechless. Alison said, "Oh yeah, I always wanted to celebrate that but Donald's firm's so fuddy duddy they vetoed it. I could join you here. What do you think John?"