Life Decisions- Laura's Route 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 8 Got it

Laura sighed as she leant over and placed her large full wine glass on the outside pub table and then adjusting her blouse, sat down opposite Trisha on a pub bench tucking her loose hair behind her ears. Then almost singing to herself rummaged in her bag and dealt out as if they were playing cards an array of house fliers placing her Marlboro lights pack on top firstly as a paperweight. There was a gently gust of wind that lifted the sheets, so she then also arranged the metal pub ashtray and her glass of wine on top of them to stop of the wind blowing them away. With a grin at her mum, she extracted a cigarette from her pack and turned the pack to face Trisha who smiled at her daughter shrugged her shoulders and gratefully accepted one.

"Thanks for the wine mum, I am shattered, I don't think I have walked this far in ages!" Laura stuck her tongue out and panted like a dog before licking her lips and placing her cigarette between them. As her hands sheltered the tip from the wind with a couple of deep drags got it lit.

"We have just seen like fifteen houses this weekend, Law you are allowed to be knackered, I know I am!" Trisha grinned.

"They are all merging into one. The kitchens all look the same." Laura frowned before bringing the filter back to in front of her lips. The exhaled smoke swirling and drifting across in front of them.

"I know it's a head screw isn't it!"

Laura nodded "We have practically walked half of the town." She rotated her foot under the table wincing at the strain, and grimaced then put the filter between her lips and drew on it again.

"That is what you need Law, is more walking stamina, you need to think of your dad and his long legs marching us across the downs." Trisha scolded as she too inhaled on her own cigarette.

Laura smiled and rolled her eyes as she let another cone of smoke out, "Maybe later...anyway houses, it is so difficult mum, all the houses blur into one and they all have pro's and con's." She looked up the sky and dragged on her now lit cigarette; she exhaled a cone and swore under her breath put her head in her hands to think, as the smoke from her cigarette was drifting around above her hair.

Trisha gently coughed a reminder and Laura looked up. "Law, it's like an episode of 'Location, Location, Location' she smiled as she finally placed the cigarette between her lips leaned forward and accepted the flame from now focused Laura.

Laura smiled as she looked up as she placed the lighter down on top of another flier and trimmed her growing ash in the ashtray above the two bedrooms semi-detached house fliers "Yeah, accept we don't have, what's her name? Oh, Kirsty Allsop to harass the agent and do the deal for us!" she grinned and dragged again.

"I can try and do an impersonation!" Trisha grinned as she sat up and her chest rose as she inhaled the smoke into her lungs.

Laura happily giggled at her mum impersonating the large, framed women and then took a gulp of her wine and sighed again. "I don't know" she mused "I do rather like that one; it's close to the pub and Tesco." She stated and lazily dragged on her cigarette.

"Remember you have also got the Chinese takeaway nearby with that one." Trisha mooted and pointed at the house.

"Well, that sounds ideal also that one is done up, we won't need to do any work to it, the kitchen is nice, and it's only got a tiny garden and a bit of patio." Laura mused and dragged again.

"What did the agent call it? Low maintenance...it does sound ideal; I still need to mow our lawn; your dad never did get aro...anyway...the price...it's in your budget." Trisha stated looking on as thoughts crossed Laura's head, "the agent did say others will look at it this on Monday morning unless we put an offer in on it."

"Oh, I don't know Mum, what would Adam think of this house?" She asked showing the flier "Should I check with him?"

Trisha inhaled on her cigarette as she shrugged her shoulders "Darling it's very much up to you? Seeing as he hasn't been around much recently..." she stated with her exhale.

Laura nodded and trimmed her ash as she thought "Sod it, it's our, I mean will be my house, not his! I should do this shouldn't I?" she smiled and then took another drag.

Trisha smiled fondly at her daughter. "That's good; it will be your decision darling."

"But mum, if you don't mind mum, my first decision will be what burger to choose for our late lunch; I don't want too much of this rather nice wine on an empty stomach!" Laura grinned, took a large gulp of her wine, licked her lips and then with her cigarette replaced in the corner of her mouth she picked up and studied the menu as her exhaled smoke drifted out of her nose.

"Sure, it will be my treat; the salad they do here is lovely!" Trisha raised her eyebrows smiled at her daughter hidden behind the menu and took a final drag on her cigarette before stubbing it out as she exhaled out the corner of her mouth.

***

After the food the late afternoon progressed into evening, and sun moved across the cloudless sky and started to set as the wine glasses emptied and refilled as circular as the conversation and contents of Laura's cigarette pack diminished at a rate of knots as the filters were continuously placed between lips and burned between fingers. The discussion bounced between houses as the fliers where shuffled and reshuffled. The two women got louder and louder as the wine was drunk.

Laura slowly and carefully walked back from the pub. The afternoon wine had completely gone to her head. She had been focusing so much on the house paperwork, she had just about got to the toilets in time. The damage had been minimal, but her skirt was still wet. Going out drinking with Adam meant she did not really need to worry about bathrooms. She had to remind herself she was getting drunk with her mum.

"Okay?" Trisha asked as she moved the refilled wine glass closer to herself.

Laura nodded, "Oh yes feeling much better for that, the house talk gets away from me and my bladder!" She grinned as she picked up the topped-up glass and had another gulp.

"I know the feeling. I will go too in minute."

"Thanks for topping up wine." She grinned and took another gulp with one hand as her other slid a cigarette from the pack, sheltered the tip and fired up the lighter.

"So, have you decided? Or shall we go home and have a nice cup of tea?" Trisha asked as the cloud of smoke danced over the empty bottle. "As I think that's probably the best idea."

Laura wavered her head in confusion, "Oh, I don't know mum, the cup of tea sounds good, I do like this one?" She stated and picked up the flier, the smoke from her cigarette swirling around as she pointed at the house.

"Yes dear, that is the one a few doors down from the Chinese?" Trisha sniffed a chuckle as she shook and then pulled one of the last cigarettes out the pack they were sharing.

"Maybe..." Laura smiled at her mum.

Trisha lit her cigarette and exhaled, "If you like it, put an offer in, if it's too low, they will only refuse." She said confidently.

Laura alternated a gulp of wine with hit on her current cigarette, exhaled up into the blue sky and then looked at her mum. "Am I too drunk to do this?" She chuckled.

"Nah."

"Okay. Deep breath. Let's do this!" She chuckled and stubbed out her cigarette.

***

"Thank you so much!" Laura smiled and put down her phone she grinned at Trisha "Oh shit mum, I've only fucking gone and done it, I've bought a house!" Laura tipsily giggled, "they actually accepted our offer! I am all giddy and I am so pissed." She laughed at herself and instantly pulled a fresh cigarette out of the pack on the table and lit it and as she exhaled, she watched as Trisha topped up both wine glasses.

"You didn't need Kirsty after all, you did it yourself! Well done, Law! Cheers." Trisha offered her glass and they clinked together.

"Hell, no, just need to be far too drunk to know what I am doing. Wow what a feeling, thank you mum for helping me with this. So, what do we do now?" Laura asked almost soberly with panic etched on her face.

"There is nothing we can do today; we as you say are both for too drunk for anything sensible. Well done you, but we will need to talk to Jeremy, the lawyer, on Monday!"

Laura nodded enthusiastically "Goody, it means I can enjoy the rest of the bottle and celebrate tonight!" Laura smiled and extracted another cigarette from the pack in front of her placing the filter between her lips.

Trisha twisted her lips "Yeah Law, perhaps not too much enjoyment, as you were seeing the girls or Adam later?"

"Probably the girls, Adam doesn't like me this drunk and I'm probably stinking of wine, my lovely cigarettes..." Laura paused as she was about to say, "and piss". Adam liked that bit. Knowing she was tipsy his fingers would be all over like a rash. She brought the filter to her lips and did a snap inhale and then exhaled her cone out to the side and studied Trisha's face and smiled.

Trisha laughed "It's probably not the best look. But you have always smoked around him?"

"Yeah, I know, but he keeps complaining!"

"It is your life; maybe, just maybe you will be happier with plenty of wine and cigarettes and without him?" Trisha suggested with a tipsy grin and swirled her wine and took a sip.

Laura twisted her lips together "I think I still love him mum, at least I love the sex..." She said overly loudly and giggled equally loudly and tipsily, "I will be absolutely fine Mum. Just after this last glass I will call the girls." She held it up triumphantly and took a large mouthful of wine and gulped, then licked her lips "I am just super excited about owning my own home!" She bounced on her buttocks tried to show confidence as a worry crept across her face before she looked at her hand with the cigarette burning it, and instantly placed the filter back between them again.

"Law, if, you are sure?" Trisha asked sternly before giggling. "As I'm also drunk again!" She laughed.

"Oh, mum silly you. I am absolutely fine, I am sure the girls are out in a bit, I might text them!"

Trisha looked sternly across at Laura "Maybe, even if they are, we should go home and have a cup of tea after this one, we've been drinking all afternoon?"

Laura twisted her face up as she contemplated the words, took a short drag on her cigarette before reluctantly nodding as she exhaled "Yeah mum, good idea but I do think we need to go via the little Tesco's!" she smiled then frowned after flicking her cigarette to remove the ash.

"Why?"

Laura frowned as she turned the pack and showed her mum the pack with just two white tipped filters remaining cigarettes in it.

Trisha shrugged her shoulders and cheekily grinned at Laura. "At least those two will get us there!" she smiled to herself as picked up her wine glass.

"Mum!" Laura glared. "You're as bad as me."

Trisha smiled, shrugged her shoulders before she again inhaled deeply on her remaining cigarette, tilted her head, and exhaled before looking across the table "Well, Law if you are like me, we will need some for when we get home!" She grinned. "I can't get this drunk and not smoke."

"See what my life it like. Then maybe we can also pick up a bottle of bubbles to celebrate?" Laura beamed.

Trisha chuckled, rolled her eyes, and laughed. "Cup of tea and a cigarette first."

Chapter 9 Goodbye

"Hey Ad, great to see you!" Laura smiled warmly as she opened the door and almost purred as he had his arms around her waist squeezing her soft middle tightly. She could not help but squeak as such she was practically lifted on tiptoes as he ran his cold hands inside the hem of her jeans and down against her bare buttocks squeezing them pulling her chest firmly against his body as he kissed her and shuffled forwards.

"Sorry I was late, you know...work was manic as expected." He frowned as the kiss broke and then looked down at her face brushing a hair that was stuck on her lips, they smiled, and she then lent forward and kissed him again.

"So, you, coming in?" she grinned.

Adam nodded and followed craning his neck around, "Is your mum in?" He asked as looked over her shoulder as he followed her to the kitchen.

Laura turned and laughed "No. She is at a Parish get together or something really interesting and exciting, but to be fair to her it's the first time she has been properly out since..." She tailed off.

"Goody!" Adam pulled her in for a tight hug before he could finish this sentence, he was hurriedly unbuttoning her work trousers and pulling them down her thighs in one practiced movement as they kiss and made their way backwards into the house.

"Oh Ad, I love this, I so want this, but please stop!" Laura said rather muffled between kisses.

"Oh, why do you need a wee already?" He asked as they collided with the stairs and the kiss broke.

Laura scowled and huffed. "Please Ad, yes, I might do, so please don't squeeze my stomach now Ad, it will ruin the moment, it's not quite the right time, as we need to talk first!" She said gently pushing and levering him off her and with a grumble she wiggled her bottom pulled her trousers back up and then obviously sucked her belly in and did the clip and button back up as Adam stood there with a frown as he lost sight of her bare pubes and pulled a puppy dog face.

They made their way to the kitchen and boiled the kettle for a cup of coffee in the almost uncomfortable silence of each other. Once the coffee was in hand, they made their way to the lounge. Adam tutted as he looked down at the open pack of cigarettes on the coffee table and the half a dozen butts in the ashtray.

"After all these years, your mum had finally let you smoke indoors now?"

Laura nodded almost apologetically, "Yeah mum has, and well Dad can't complain about it anymore, and hey, why should both of us sit outside, as its far warmer for both of us in here in the evenings!" She grinned as she hugged her coffee mug and took a gulp.

"Oh...both..."

They then sat there on the sofa in almost silence, thigh to thigh looking occasionally looking at each other deeply into their eyes, they put their mugs down as held hands and locked together, they grinned, bit their bottom lip and both took a deep breath "I've got some exciting news for you!" They said in unison and then burst into a fit of giggles.

"No, you go first!" They again then said in unison, and then laughed. Laura's first instinct, she naturally glanced down at the pack on the table, and then nervously wiggled her thigh closer to Adam and then looked back up at him.

"Ladies first." He stated and picked up his coffee and took a gulp before being overly tactile and running his hand up her thigh again.

"Are you sure? Yours is probably far more important." She grinned again.

"No go on, what is the news?"

Laura leaned forward and fiddled with her cigarette pack before dropping it and picking up her coffee and took a gulp. Before putting the mug back down. Pure distraction techniques. She licked her lips "Well...you will never guess what?"

"What?" Adam took a sip of his coffee.

"Well..." She paused for effect and grinned, "...you know I was busy last weekend...well my mum has...now bought me a house!" She smiled widely in a Wallace from Wallace and Gromit grin.

"What? Oh, wow that's amazing, When?"

"Err, last weekend...that's why I was busy..."

Adam looked confused "Oh, okay," he frowned, "So, where is this mystery house?" He asked in a deflated way.

"Near Chard Terrace, around the corner for the Hong Kong house takeaway, you know the one?"

Adam nodded, his shoulders sunk, and he half-heartedly smiled, and winced, "Oh".

Laura's excitement and wide smile quickly disintegrated to a concerned frown on her face. Again, she flicked her eyes down the open pack of cigarettes and rubbed her lips together wishing she was smoking one right now. Before shuffling her weight with almost uncomfortable in the chair. "I thought you would be happy for me. So, Ad, what is your important news?"

Adam also fidgeted as he sat up straighter in the chair and then leaned a little forward putting his coffee down. "Well, what I thought was good news for me, for us...is, not that it's important any more..."

"Surely it's still important Ad?"

Adam solemnly nodded, "It is that I've got that promotion..." He weakly smiled.

"Oh cool, that's so good, I am really proud of you. You should have told me you were going for it?" She caressed his leg and leaned in for a kiss and a hug.

Once she had finished hugging him, he grimaced and licked his lips of saliva. "Yeah Law, but..."

A confusion crossed Laura's brow as she sighed as she sat back in the chair "Oh?"

Adam slowly nodded "Yeah Law, it's at the other factory in...Newcastle...I thought we could...."

Laura looked quizzically at him, "Ad, have you taken it?" She asked and as he nodded, she shuffled herself back up again, turned and leaned her weight forward and between her nails pulled a cigarette out of the open pack on the table in front of her and tapped it twice before she placed the filter between her lips.

Chapter 10 Moving On

The autumn red leaf swirled in the wind and gently drifted down from the tree on the street and landed on the large cardboard box that Laura was carrying up a short driveway.

Trisha followed Laura carrying and equally large cardboard box and they both placed them gently down on the tatty brown carpet in the completely empty living room. She smiled as she looked out the curtain free window the large white van parked on the driveway.

"Law," she stated as she straightened her back and looked back at the collection of boxes, "I know we have just started but I think it's time for a quick break!"

Laura smiled "Mum, I thought you would never ask, but Mum, if you want a cigarette, don't wait for me!" she grinned as she instantly pulled the pack of cigarettes out of her loose-fitting grey jogging bottoms, flipped open the lid and pulled two cigarettes out offering one to her mum and then rummaged again to retrieve the lighter.

"Law, I promise not to wait!" Trisha grinned as she placed the filter between her lips.

Laura smiled at her mum and then pulled hard on her cigarette, exhaling out the side of her mouth as she did. "That's good!" As she flicked the lighter and Trisha came closer and accepted the flame.

Trisha nodded as she dragged on her cigarette, exhaled, and looked around "Christ, I can remember the stress of moving into our house." She mused, "We had just had you and moved from your dad's tiny Batcheler pad flat above the chippy on high street." So, I had child stress, and house stress all combined. It was painful. You were teething so constantly needing attention. Your dad was stressed so needed my attention, hell!" she frowned and took another drag.

Laura turned her bottom lip upside down. "Sorry mum!" she sniffed a chuckle.

Trisha laughed and waved her hand dismissively. "God, you were one, what could you do! It was our fault for trying to move with you so young, but we were quickly growing out of that one-bedroom flat, we needed to get out."

"Oh!" Laura rolled her eyes.

"I think this is much easier; we don't have to give the keys back the rental agency at two, we had to sprint across town back and forth in a clapped-out transit!" She grinned as the memory's past across her forehead. The smoke was swiftly drifting off the end of both cigarettes as they both instantly pulled hard on the burning cigarettes. She frowned "But rather than house keys, we need to get the van back by four." Trisha stated with her exhale. "We've got to get the kitchen and living room stuff in, now, haven't we?" She asked and took yet another hit.