Life Is Too Short Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did I ever tell you that sex outdoors at night is a huge turn-on for me?"

"My dear, the thing I like most about you is how many things are turn-ons for you. But if you think that's nice, look at this." I pointed to the master bath on the plans.

"Holy cow! Look at that shower. It's huge. And is that... it is! A rain head in the middle and shower towers on opposing walls."

"I call it the shower playroom. You like?"

"Oh, yeah. I can't wait to try it."

Marci and I were starting to act and talk like a couple. Still, she held back on any talk of true commitment. I set my mind on pushing to see if her stance on commitment had changed.

*****

Things with Allie felt strange. We still played tennis together and had our special times in the evening when I was home. On a Thursday about a week before I was set to close on my house, she was really quiet before and during most of our dinner together. I had to see what was bothering her.

"Allie, you seem a bit down tonight. Are you okay?"

She sighed and in a sing-song voice replied, "Yeah. I'm just thinking that you'll be moving out in about a week, and..." Her quiet tears told the story.

"Listen, that doesn't change our friendship. We'll still have tennis and, I hope, we can still have dinner together a couple of times a week. Plus, there's Fridays with Kelsi and Bret."

"But, don't you see, that all can't be the same. You and Marci seem to be getting really close and I don't want to stand in your way. In fact, I think maybe you should take Marci to the Friday double-date nights from now on. I'll still get with Kelsi on my own, but you owe it to Marci to have a relationship with Kelsi."

She was right. But I was selfish and didn't want things to change with Allie. I didn't know how to respond, so I said nothing.

"Tomorrow I'll go with you on the Friday double, but I think it should be my last time."

"I, uh... I don't know what to say. You're my best friend. I don't... damn, Allie. Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Is it what I want? No. But put yourself in Marci's shoes. With as close as you and I have become, she can't help but see me as a threat."

"She's never said anything like that."

"Use your common sense, Ted. Are you telling me you can't see how she'd feel? Look, I wanna skip the movie tonight and head off to bed after we do the dishes. Do me and Marci a favor and let's do as I suggested. Okay?"