LifeMates Ch. 03 - The Probation Period

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I made some mistake, or displeased her in some way, she might use her strap on me, but always mildly and regretfully -- in such a way that I felt punished more by her disappointment than by the correction itself. By contrast, when she used a strap in sex play, it was clear that she relished the power that I gave her by accepting to take some pain at her hands. On those occasions, she could be almost as ingeniously sadistic as Bernice -- so that paradoxically, play with her was often more physically painful than her punishments. Not that I objected. CP is intrinsic to the culture of Dominance and submission: part of what made me a submissive, as it was part of what Myrna a Domme. More than the pain itself, it's the most powerful symbol in our lifestyle of power given and accepted. In that way, it expresses the D/s lifestyle perfectly, but does not limit or define it.

* * * * *

Though Myrna encouraged me to keep up my private relationships and interests in the little spare time she left me, only my friendship with Joe Vespucci was still important to me. I had been an only child, without brothers and sisters. My parents had died years ago, at the same time, when their car skidded and spun on an icy road, and was hit by another car. Thus, when Myrna reminded me one day, that nothing in my relationship with her precluded other friendships and interests, I asked her if I could invite a friend to dinner with us.

"I could invite myself to his place, or take him to a restaurant," I told her but I think he'd enjoy meeting you and seeing how I live these days. Nothing about our set-up will shock him. He's gay; he knew all about my D/s marriage to Sylvie and put me up for a month when it ended. As I've told you, most of my homosexual experience has been with him."

"Sure, by all means invite him. For any evening we're free. Just check with Petra for a good time."

With this permission, I phoned Joe. "Hey, good to hear from you," he said. "I didn't know you were still alive."

"I'm resurrected," I told him. I've got a new life and it's been keeping me very busy. But I haven't forgotten you, and I'd like to have you over for dinner."

"Why don't we go to a restaurant? Save yourself the trouble of cooking."

"I won't be doing the cooking. I'm subbing to a very interesting woman whom I think you'll enjoy meeting. We have a housekeeper who cooks for both of us. You'll see how we live when you get here. I can guarantee you an excellent meal and a very interesting evening."

With that enticement he agreed to come. His visit had consequences that I'll describe in the next chapter.

* * * * *

Just short of three months into my probation, Myrna told me one evening that it was almost time for our quarterly review. "We have an appointment with Charles Thorncliffe next Friday afternoon. You get to complain about me and I get to complain about you. Then he'll make notes in our file, give his suggestions, and report anything of importance to Mistress Amanda. I want you to think about what you'll tell him. Be truthful, and expect that I will be. If there are wrinkles in our relationship, this is our chance to iron them out."

"That's great, Mistress," I replied, "but I don't really have any complaints. I love the way you're treating me. After my marriage, this is Paradise!"

"You can tell him that, but think of anything that you'd like to change; and remember that I'll be doing the same. If you have to, think of something small to keep him happy -- to show that you're taking the review process seriously. You can tell him you'd like more sex -- or more of a different kind of sex. Then he'll suggest that I oblige you; and I can promise to, or tell him why I can't or won't. Then everything will be fine."

"But I want you to be serious about this. Remember that the absence of any such process led to the breakup of your marriage. Later, Charles will want to see us only once or twice a year, if things are going well between us. But now, at the beginning, he gave us three months to get used to each other; and he feels now that its time for a review. I agree with him. If you do have something important to tell him, you could give me a heads-up to be prepared for it. I'll tell you now that I'm more than satisfied with you -- except that I'd like you to keep a small, neatly-trimmed beard unless you want to shave twice a day. Your face feels scratchy between my thighs when I fuck it and when you worship my pussy at night."

"But you don't need to tell me everything you're going to bring up with Charles. Nor will I always tell you. What's important is to show him (and each other) that we can talk about anything, settle things between ourselves, and not take each other by surprise with major stuff when he interviews us. So don't be afraid to answer honestly when he questions you. I believe that regular, honest review and mentoring is an important part of any D/s relationship, and especially for a lifemate relationship, where the sub has so much responsibility and freedom."

"OK Mistress, I understand. I'll grow the beard if that pleases you and get one of our trainees to trim it twice a month. And I'll ask you now to peg me more often, if that's something you enjoy doing. In general, I'm happy with our sex life under the chastity regime, but getting pegged is something I really like."

"Very good. I love to peg my submissives, so it's good you've told me that you like it. Some men find it unbearably threatening or humiliating, and I've been holding off doing it with you until I knew you better."

"In general, I want you to take more pains with your appearance, especially when we go out in public. But even around the house, except when I want you naked, I'd like more of a sense of style. The look I want is casual-chic at the executive level. We have visitors, sometimes unexpected ones, and it's important to show them how a well-trained proxy can be a social ornament -- can enhance his Alpha's image, to put it bluntly. I'm not going to tell you what to wear. Go to a good store and spend some of our money on clothing. Ask the salespeople to help you, or use a style-consultant if that will help. You're an impressive man. I was impressed with you when I talked with you; I want our clients to be impressed before you open your mouth."

There was more, but I've reported enough of this conversation to give a feeling for how our relationship worked. This was the day that Myrna taught me how to ask for the things I wanted, how she would do so, and how the KI review process could help.

* * * * *

Time passed and I lost track of it. One day, however, she instructed me to come to lunch in the nude. This was strange because, though her sub, I usually wore clothes at home unless instructed otherwise. Only Guido and Petra went nude most of the time, as a normal part of their training. Strange too was that Charles Thorncliffe was also present as a guest.

As I sat down to our meal wearing only my cock cage, I wondered what was going down. It should have been obvious, but I had quite forgotten that six months had passed and that my probation period was ending.

Guido served as usual, but he had prepared an unusually elaborate and festive meal.

When we were done eating Mistress ordered me to kneel next to her chair. While Bernice, Guido and Petra looked on, Charles handed me a leather folder with a short document inside and told me to take my time and read it. It was a new version of my contract, declaring my probation period satisfactorily completed and attaching me to Myrna as her proxy and lifemate .

Then, in a ritual voice, Myrna proclaimed:

"I, Myrna, invite you, Richard, to be my obedient submissive. I promise to cherish you, come what may, from this day forward, faring well or faring poorly, for as long as you can stand me."

I stared at her for a moment and felt my eyes tearing, Then, struggling for self-control, I replied:

"I, Richard, accept you, Myrna, as my beloved and cherished Dominant. I promise to be your loving submissive, and to obey and serve you, from this day forward, come what may, faring well or poorly, until you kick me out."

Everyone laughed. Then Charles handed Mistress a handsome new collar which she buckled around my neck.

"With this collar, I claim you as my own."

she said. then kissed me on the forehead and offered her lips for me to kiss her back.

"I now pronounce you Alpha and proxy,"

Charles said. Bernice, Guido and Petra applauded briefly; we signed the new contract; the little ceremony and my time of probation were finished.