Liliah Willowmist Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry to disturb you Corellion, but might I borrow your hair brush, I seem to be in the awkward position of traveling without mine." Corellion had an odd feeling in his chest as she said his name in her soft voice, the low lighting and her state of undress giving an ambiance of intimacy in the room between them and he nodded, sitting up and scooting to sit on the edge of the bed, reaching for his bag to retrieve his hairbrush. He glanced down suddenly self conscious, and grateful when he saw how completely his robes hid his swollen condition.

He watched her unwrap her long hair from the towel and imagined running his fingers through it, a sudden idea taking hold of him and causing to blurt out before thinking,

"If it wouldn't be out of line...may I?" he held up the brush, gesturing with a nod to the stool, and drawing a slight look of surprise from Liliah as she flashed a somewhat awkward smile of her own then moved the stool to sit in front of where he was seated on the edge of the bed.

She sat down on the stool, allowing the towel to slip down her back so that he could brush the ends without interference or impediment, still holding the front loosely over the swell of her breasts. He reached out, slipping his fingers under her thick dark hair at the nape of her neck, then running the backs of his fingers lightly over the smooth tan skin, slipping under the still damp tresses to the end, mimicking the process she had used in brushing his own hair, trying to ignore the way her tan skin almost glowed in the lamplight and felt like silk under the backs of his fingers.

His eyes traced over her as he carefully brushed out her hair, the swell of her hips under the towel pooled at her waist, the rounded swell of her breast on either side where the towel wasn't covering them as she clutched it closed in the center of her chest, the graceful arching of her neck as she turned her head under his grooming, again drawing to mind the image of her with her head thrown back in passionate release. He focused on keeping his breathing steady and level, ignoring the sudden uncomfortable feeling of tightness in his breeches and the almost overpowering desire he had to run his hands over her soft, inviting skin.

She drew him from his heated thoughts when he heard her give a deep sigh of contentment, murmuring in her soft voice, "A bit of a wonder to me, how I could have done this countless times for another, but I had no idea it felt so wonderful...You are the first and only to have ever returned the service," she tilted her head back and tilted it slightly to give him a warm smile, her dark lashes resting on her cheek as her eyes slipped closed with another contented sigh. He returned her gentle smile, finishing the process with a few final strokes and resisting the impulse to tangle his fingers in it and bring the soft curls to his nose to inhale her fragrance. Instead, he only lightly touched her shoulder as he finished, and heard himself saying aloud, "It was a pleasure Lili, I think I understand a little more the joy you find in the work you do."

She rose from the stool as he lightly touched her shoulder, then gave him a beaming smile and a low bowing nod of her head as she replied, "There is something incredibly soothing about tending to another soul, caring for them in such a way." She walked over to the stand, retrieving her garments, causing his breath to catch slightly as she simply dropped the towel, the idea of being nude in front of him seeming to not phase her in the slightest. She wrapped the skirt around the flare of her hips, tying it securely by the string then putting on the top as well, tying it nearly as quickly. She turned back to him as she finished dressing, pausing and flushing slightly as she saw the look on his face.

"Apologies Corellion, the look on your face tells me that I perhaps ought to have dressed on the other side of the divider. I hope I haven't offended you." She bit her lip slightly giving him a concerned look as Corellion cleared his throat, mindful that again he had been staring, and worse she had caught him doing so. He cleared his throat again and fumbled for something to say that would remove the odd tension in the air.

"No, t'is quite alright Liliah, you said you shared a room with Korinne? I imagine it is quite normal to change in one's own room, it was out of line for me to look upon you while you did so." he nodded his head giving her an apologetic look, then murmured "It is I that should be concerned at having caused offense." She surprised him by laughing softly, and replying, "It does not offend me in the slightest that you looked upon me, I truly should have remembered that Altmers are more reserved in their outlook on nudity and sexual relations."

Corellion felt his mouth drop open slightly, his brows lifting in a look of aristocratic Altmer arrogance as his face burned. He huffed a bit indignantly, "And what precisely little handmaiden do you think you know on this topic?" He scowled as he heard her giggle again, crossing his arms over his chest. She held up her hands in a gesture of surrender, coughing to cover and stop the laughter, but unable to remove the mirth from her eyes or smile from her face as she tried explain without outraging him further. She stepped a little closer, leaning in and dropping her voice as though sharing a secret with a playmate she was about to get into trouble with, telling him,

"Korinne found a copy of 'Guides to Approved Methods of Procreation' once, when we were in our teens and we spent a full week in Lord Hlaalu's library after digging up everything available on the topic." she chuckled recalling how they had whispered and giggled and thought they were getting into scandalous and forbidden materials, "To our dismay there wasn't a single thing that would have been deemed inappropriate. Public nudity is forbidden, pleasure houses are forbidden, and even nudity in the marriage bed is optional." She shrugged a shoulder meeting his eyes with her golden gaze, "Correct me if I am mistaken, but I am guessing that a servant such as me is also quite forbidden.."

Corellion felt his aggravation fade as she had held up her hands, and had to admit as she spoke that she had a point, and her assessment was accurate if summarized. As she met his eyes and announced that she knew she herself would be forbidden he felt his breath stall in his chest and he nodded slowly, conceding," It occurs to me that indeed, in as much as I find Dunmeri culture to be crude and indecent, by comparison I can see where we may seem quite prudish to you." His eyes met hers and he found himself memorizing the details of her face in the low light as he peered into the depths of her golden eyes, wondering at the way she seemed to draw confessions from him with her mere presence, finally admitting "And...you are correct in your assessment. I had intended to have a conversation to that extent before we reached Summerset Isle." his crossed arms dropped to his sides as he sighed, giving her a soft and almost sheepish look.

To his surprise the confession drew a smile to her face as she reached out and touched his shoulder reassuringly and said "Corellion, I am not just the Handmaiden washing your back, I also watch it for you, and do my utmost to protect your good name. I will not only keep your confidence and guard your secrets as my own, you can also rest easy knowing that your rivals may find lips loosened and their plots revealed in my presence." She smiled and tilted her head slightly, meeting his intense blue eyes as she spoke in her softly reassuring voice. She then chuckled softly and winked at him "And luckily for you, it should be no great difficulty smuggling me into Summerset as your research assistant. This should have been near impossible if I was dull witted or couldn't already read and translate three languages."

Corellion chuckled softly and shook his head, marveling at the little mer "I find my respect for you grows as I grow to know you better, it's been only a few hours and you have proven yourself invaluable in the locating of proper amenities. I shudder to think the way you would unsettle the Aldmeri Court once you learned their ways, you would have them practically eating from your tiny fingers."

She gave him a beaming smile, pride flashing in her eyes as she declared confidently "Dunmeri have no friends and trust no one, even family. One of the very first things they teach in business school, there are no friends, only temporary allies to be exploited or rivals to be eliminated and crushed. They are taught how to lie with grace and style," She smirked striking a jaunty pose that bordered on ridiculous, rolling her eyes slightly,"From an outsider's perspective, it always struck me as a great waste of energy, and I believe one of the greatest services I provided to Korinne, was always one she took for granted and would have had difficulty assigning a price to. I kept her secrets, even when tempted not to, as an ally and confidante, and was rewarded for my loyalty by being allowed to attend negotiations where i was consulted for my insights before anything was signed."

Corellion raised one arched eyebrow, murmuring softly "Far more than a simple handmaiden it would seem," Liliah once more trapped him in her golden gaze giving him a soft look and a gentle smile saying nothing but nodding as though she had just patiently taught a lesson to a student. Liliah felt in that moment as they exchanged looks that he truly saw her, not as what he feared or expected, but as she truly was.

She broke the connection dropping her gaze to the floor, smiling suddenly as she said softly, "I think we had better call it an evening if we are to be up with the sun." She then curtsied, quickly remaking the bed where he had laid in it briefly, and folding the bedspread back once more turning it down. Corellion scooted back once more laying down and pulling the comforter over himself with his back to the wall, watching her as she extinguished the light, half expecting her to exit the room, but instead, she climbed onto the bed curling up on top of the comforter with her head at the foot of the bed and her back to his shins, not touching but close. Corellion opened his mouth to protest the impropriety but as he searched for the wording he heard her say softly, "Thank you...for everything, and most of all for understanding, and for all of those things you have allowed in spite of how awkward and difficult it must be for you. It has given me a great sense of hope for tomorrow and what is to come... I want you to know I appreciate it more deeply than I have words for...Sweet dreams Corellion."

He expelled the breath he had drawn in a soft sigh, and realized he didn't have the heart to banish her to sleep in the other room, even if it was inappropriate to share a room with her, much less a bed. He closed his eyes, sliding his foot slightly till his leg was pressed gently to her back, thinking that she didn't really take up much space anyways, and perhaps in time he would be able to convince her to sleep in a bed of her own, and as she grew accustomed to her freedom and chose to entertain suitors, her own room.

He peered down toward the foot of the bed, just barely able to pick out her form in the low light, his mind once again summoning the image of her in the tub, and he knew he had better think of something and quickly. He had been alone for a very long time, and the temptation she represented was a bit too close and personal to be ignored. More than just her beauty, he found her wit and intelligence appealing, and he knew it wouldn't be long before he grew far too comfortable with her presence. He also knew if he was to have any chance of setting up a beneficial match for her, he couldn't touch her, and no one could ever find out about her background and origins in a Dunmeri pleasure house...

He found himself silently cursing the involved politics that demanded he marry into one of three Atlmeri noble families to increase his own family's influence and holdings and form allegiances, and knew that if he'd had the freedom to make his own decision, he would be doing his utmost to win her affection long before anyone on Summerset Isle laid eyes on her. She had a sharpness to her, a quickness of mind that caught his attention immediately. He was sure even in the short time he had spent with her that she was going to be a jewel in the crown of any professor he chose for her, just as sure as he was that she would be a wonderful introduction to the Aldmeri court. He smiled slightly and imagined the reaction of the Kin Ladies at court when they thought to look down their noses at her, and she held her head up like a tiny little queen and used her sharp mind to slice them to ribbons, all while remaining the perfect image of grace and poise.

Corellion sighed softly, scolding himself for the brief whimsical moment that had him wishing for things that could not be. He knew his role in her story was all it could be; as her savior, her protector, her employer, and perhaps if he was lucky, as her teacher, but that was as far as it could ever go. If he was going to do right by her, he would have to keep his eyes firmly on those boundaries and not become lost in her golden eyes, no matter how tempting it was.

TO BE CONTINUED...