Living on the Edge Ch. 01

Story Info
This is the first chapter in the Living on the Edge series!!
1.9k words
4.03
5.9k
8
2

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**********************************************************

This story is a work of fiction any real people in this are completely coincidental. This story takes place before the covid- 19 outbreak. This is a series meant to be enjoyed with, as well. This is the final edited version, it is also meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version of this story, as I have made lots of changes from the other version. So I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!!! It is the final edited version. This series is meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version, as I have made lots of changes from the original version. Happy reading!!!

**********************************************************

It is a Friday night, and Davey does not have any plans. She is sitting on the couch cuddled up with a throw blanket. On the coffee table is a half-eaten tub of Ben and Jerry's heavenly hash ice cream. She has not left the couch all day, as she's been binge-watching Riverdale most of the day. This is probably not the best show to watch, especially when she is still dwelling on how her boyfriend cheated on her. Stacy, her roommate, comes out of the bathroom after having her shower. Stacy has a towel wrapped around her body and another one wrapped around her head to dry out her hair.

"The shower is free Davey if you want to use it," Stacy said.

"Oh thanks, yeah I might take one later," Davey tells her, as she goes back to watching her show.

"You're watching this still," Stacy responded, as she sees Davey has not moved from where she has been all day.

"I am going to start watching Sabrina, once I get caught up on the seasons," Davey tells her.

Stacy lowers her head, as she quietly says to herself, "This is getting worse, she needs to get out of this apartment."

Stacy sits down beside her and now notices that Davey has been wearing the same clothes she's worn the past three days. It is really beginning to worry Stacy that her friend is doing this to herself. Stacy waits until the episode she is watching finishes. Davey goes right into the next show, without even letting the credits roll. This gets on Stacy's nerves as she intervenes by picking up the remote from off the coffee table and turns off the tv.

"Why did you turn the tv off," Davey asked?

"Seriously, look at you girl, you haven't changed your clothes in three days," Stacy answered.

"So what it's not like I have plans or anything," Davey tells her.

"That's just it, you need to get out of this apartment. So please go out and do something, go for a walk or go treat yourself to a new novel," Stacy responded.

Looking at Stacy as Davey does not say anything back as Stacy says, "Why don't you call Felix and you two come out with me and Brian tonight?"

"No, I'm not going to call up Felix," Davey answered.

"Why not, he's hot," Stacy tells her.

Sure Davey knows that she could call Felix. But she knows where it would lead, to a one-night stand. There is no doubt the sex would be hot, but it would be short-lived, and left with nothing but regret the next morning. On top of that Felix is a co-worker from where she works. So she isn't about to go out on a date with someone who she considers just a friend. Plus it would make her feel awkward around him at work.

Looking at Stacy as there is a little twinkle in her eye when she mentions Felix's name, and it leads Davey to believe that Stacy may actually like Felix. Davey just smirks and says, "Then why don't you tell him he is."

Stacy blushes and says, "B-because I have a boyfriend."

Davey smirks and asks, "What if Brian wasn't your boyfriend?

Stacy ponders what Davey responded, as she changes the subject and says, "You should come out with us, it'll be fun."

"I just don't think I am ready for going out clubbing yet," Davey responded.

"When are you going to ever be if you don't leave the apartment," Stacy says as she kneels in front of Davey and takes hold of her hands, and says, "It's been weeks now since you and Donnie broke up, you need this. So please do this for me."

Davey stands up and says, "You know what you are right."

"Finally," Stacy said."

"I need to move on," Davey said.

"So you will come out with me and Brian tonight," Stacy asked?

"No, I am not going out tonight. But it's still morning, so I am going to go and do what you said. I'm going to go to the bookstore," Davey tells Stacy."

"I was just using that for an example of something you could do," Stacy responded.

"You were right, it has been a long time since I've gone out and done something for myself. Besides you never know, maybe I'll meet a cute guy while I am there," Davey responded and is starting to seem a bit more confident in herself.

"Part of me will be crossing my fingers for you, so you do meet a cute guy," Stacy tells her.

"Besides I work later tonight, so I can't go out to the club with you," Davey said.

"Oh I didn't think you worked on Fridays," Stacy responded.

"Yeah well I need the money, so I offered to cover for one of the girls who called in sick," Davey said.

Davey gets up off the couch, as she stretches and says, "But first, I do need to take a shower."

Living with her two new roommates Stacy and Mia haven't been easy for Davey. The three of them have only been living together for three months. Jordan, who is Davey's best friend, let Davey stay at her apartment after Davey caught her boyfriend Donnie cheating on her. Since Jordan moved out with her husband Geoff, Davey has not been dealing with life so well.

Jordan got married a couple of weeks prior to when Davey caught Donnie cheating. It so happens that the person he cheated on Davey with, was one of Jordan's bridesmaids at her wedding. So Jordan felt bad when she was the first person to catch him fooling around behind Davey's back.

Now that Jordan is married, Mia and Stacy have kind of distanced themselves from her. Davey thinks that it is because they are afraid to get married. Neither of them wants to settle down or be tied down. Neither of their current boyfriends knows this. I am sure Brian and Hayden would love to know that Mia and Stacy do not take their current relationships too seriously.

Davey gets up and heads to the washroom and turns the shower on and just before she gets into the shower, she gets a text from Jordan. Davey has not heard from her for about a week.

Jordan's text says, "Call me, I miss you."

Without any hesitation, Davey calls her, and Jordan picks up on the first ring, as Davey hears Jordan say, "Hey girlfriend, how you been sugah."

Hearing Jordan's southern accent is exactly what Davey has missed. She smiles and says, "I've missed you so much."

"Awe, well pumpkin, how you been. We haven't talked in a while I know," Jordan said.

"Oh you know, the usual just working and fending off the creeps at the club," Davey answered.

"Please tell me you are not still working at that dive, that Mia is working at," Jordan responded."

"Yeah I am, unfortunately," Davey tells her."

"Pumpkin, you need to find yourself a new job, you are so talented and smart. You deserve so much better," Jordan tells her.

"It's so good to hear your voice JJ," Davey says, as she begins to cry.

"Aww, girl, I wish I could hug you right now," Jordan tells her.

"I could really use one of your sister bearhugs right now," Davey said.

Just by hearing how Davey is sobbing over the phone, she knows that Davey has been watching sappy romance shows and dramas. Jordan knows this because Stacy texted her because she was concerned.

"Pumpkin, you know I love you like a sister. Please stop watching those sappy romance shows. This is where Davey knows that Stacy must have called her or texted her, as she is now hearing mamma bear unleashed on her.

"Stacy texted you didn't she," Davey asked?"

"She is concerned for you, and so am I," Jordan answered.

"This isn't easy for me JJ," Davey says as she sobs.

Jordan knows there is something more to this than that, as she asks, "Did he call you again?"

Not answering Jordan's question, as she says, "He did, didn't he."

"He actually called me to go meet up with him tomorrow," Davey said.

"Davey for the love of god do not meet up with him," Jordan responded.

"I told him to fuck off and I hung up on him," Davey tells Jordan.

"Good for you, did you block him," Jordan asked?"

"Yes I did, he can't text or call me anymore," Davey answered.

"Well I've got some good news, that I know will put a smile on your face," Jordan tells her.

"Oh really, do tell," Davey responded.

"You're going to be an auntie," Jordan tells her, as she hears Davey almost scream at the other end of the phone.

"Oh my goodness, congratulations," Davey says, as Stacy sees Davey is in tears but she is smiling when she hears this. Davey puts Jordan on speakerphone.

"Stacy is here, JJ, it's okay if she listens in," Davey answered.

"Of course it is okay, hey girl, thanks for watching out for my sis," Jordan said.

"Not a problem JJ, I made you a promise I always keep my promises," Stacy said.

"Would you do me a favor then and give her a hug for me," Jordan asks her, as Stacy smirks at Davey and wraps her arms around Davey, and hugs her for Jordan.

They let each other go, as Jordan says, "So what's been going on with you Stacy?"

"Oh you know, the usual, B and I have been hanging out, the usual," Stacy answered.

"Still with your dreamy Zack Morris, are ya," Jordan says as she laughs.

"Yeah yeah, very funny," Stacy responded, as she says, "So what's with all the excitement."

"I'm pregnant," Jordan answered.

"What for real, oh my god," Stacy responded back and had the same response as Davey did.

"So I was thinking maybe the four of us could get together, just the four of us, and have dinner to celebrate," Jordan said.

"That sounds like a great idea," Davey responded excitedly.

"When I mean just the four of us, I mean just the four of us, Stacy, no B, and no Hayden," Jordan said.

"So no Geoff then either," Stacy asked?"

"He was the one who actually suggested the four of us get together," Jordan answered.

"Girls night, heck yes, watch out boys, the pack are out on the prowl," Stacy says as she lets out a loud howl like a wolf.

"You don't know how much I've missed the three of you," Jordan says, as she giggles and says, "Nothing has changed a bit."

The three of them continue the conversation on Davey's phone a little longer. Jordan has a doctor's appointment so she has to let them go. This gives Davey her chance to take a shower. The hot water tank is full again, so she can have a nice hot shower, which is what she needed. Davey relaxes in the shower and tilts her head back and just takes some time for herself.