Living on the Edge Ch. 02

Story Info
This is chapter 2 of this new series!!
2.8k words
3.85
2.5k
3
0

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***************

This story is a work of fiction any real people in this are completely coincidental. This story takes place before the covid- 19 outbreak. This is a series meant to be enjoyed with, as well. This is the final edited version, it is also meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version of this story, as I have made lots of changes from the other version. So I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!!

***************

It is a nice start to a beautiful day. The sun is out, the sky is blue, there are no clouds in sight for most of the day from what it looks like. Patrick comes out to the parking lot as he is about to go to work. He works for Fantasy Corps. They produce and make 3d character models for video games. He gets paid very well, so money is not really an issue for him. He gets paid on salary and gets four quarterly payments in a year. But on top of that, he also gets royalty payments for the last game he worked on called Avalon. The year Avalon came out he made close to half a million dollars. He is also smart with his money and has a private savings account. He is saving up that money to save up and buy a house, and have a nice life with his girlfriend Melanie.

Melanie, his girlfriend lives with him; they share an apartment together. They both have good jobs. She is a nurse so just like Patrick she also makes good money. So combined they both make good money. However things have been different with them both lately, but Melanie keeps reassuring Patrick and telling him not to worry about it.

Patrick heads to the bookstore first, he usually likes to go to Barnes and Noble and get a coffee and a couple of rice Krispie treats before he goes into work. Coming into the store, as he sees there are few new sci-fi adventure books out. He skims the back description of them both and reads them quickly. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees a young woman, who is doing the same. She looks over the display of books and sees him, the two of them make eye contact. Neither of them says anything to each other, as they both just blush and smile.

The way that she looks at him, Patrick cannot help but look back at her. However he doesn't want it to appear so obvious, so he uses his peripheral vision to check her out a little more. He picks his selection of the book he wants to purchase, as he walks to another rack that has gift cards on them. Making it a good way to get a better view of her some more. The young woman is gorgeous, she is wearing a short red denim skirt. In a black t-shirt. Her hair is long and flows down past her shoulders. She has a little bit of makeup on, but not too much. She has on some shiny lip gloss, which makes her lips look a light pinkish color. Her eyes are olive green from what he can see. However, her legs and thighs are what catch his eye. It's his weakness, when he sees a beautiful lady like her, especially when she is wearing a skirt. Patrick is trying not to make it obvious but he cannot keep his eyes off her.

Davey is the person he is looking at. Patrick quickly looks away from her the second she catches him. He goes back to making it seem like he is looking at the gift cards again. She smirks and finds this cute. Davey has made her selection for her book as well, as she walks over to where he is standing. She leans over and is about to bend down, as the card she is looking for is a Spotify card, that is at a lower section that he is standing in front of. Patrick can see she cannot reach it from where she is standing, as he kindly smirks at her and asks, "Do you want me to get something for you?"

Hearing Patrick's calm voice as she blushes and nods her head but doesn't say anything back. This doesn't bother him at all, as he points to the cards below and asks, "Which one do you want?"

Davey points to the Spotify cards, as she blushes at him again. Patrick kneels down and from his perspective, he can see just a brief bit of upskirt as he sees a glimpse of Davey's pink panties. Playing it cool so that she doesn't think he is checking her out. He looks up at her as he smiles at her. She watches him take one of the Spotify cards as he gets back up and hands the card to Davey. They both briefly touch each other's hands. This makes cheeks not change from the pink and rosy shade on them. Finally, though she finally speaks and says, "T-thank you."

Patrick gets the pleasure of hearing her voice for the first time. He also notices that they both share the same taste in novels. They both have the same novel in their possession. So he decides to begin a polite conversation with her.

"I see you are a fan of Marshall Graham novels as well," Patrick asked?"

Davey sees that both of them have the same novel, as she answered, "Yeah I think he is an amazing author."

"Me too, I liked his last series, I just finished it," Patrick said.

"Really, I just finished the last book yesterday," Davey tells him.

Kindly he says, "Oh geez, I am sorry, I'm Patrick, '' he says introducing himself, as she smiles at him and says, "I'm Davey."

"I was about to get myself something to go before I go into work," Patrick says.

"Would you let me buy you a beverage," Patrick asked?"

Normally she would decline a person who just walked up to her and checked her out. But, she hasn't had this kind of attention in a while. She kind of likes it, and the way he asked it. It wasn't a pickup line or him smoothly talking to her. He was just being nice, as she looked into his hazel green eyes. There is a little twinkle in his eye that she catches and sees, as she kindly answers, "Yes, I'd like that."

Feeling around his pants pockets, as she sees him looking for something, he says, "Darn it, I don't have my wallet."

Davey chuckles as she teases him a bit by responding, "Oh so I guess you can't buy me a beverage then."

The look on his face she finds adorable, as she is seeing Patrick struggling. The nervous awkwardness is too cute for her to resist, as Patrick's cheeks turn red as he says, "I feel like such an idiot."

Seeing that Patrick looks embarrassed, Davey realizes that maybe she shouldn't tease him too harshly as she does remember the favor he just did for her. Normally she wouldn't do this for someone she just met, but because he was being nice. She kindly says, "So how about I buy you the beverage."

He is surprised to hear this, as he stutters his words and says, "Yeah, uhh I mean if you don't mind."

Davey finds him so adorable, as she smirks at him and says, "I wouldn't be offering if I didn't mind."

She then says, "Plus you did help me get the Spotify card."

Gesturing him to follow her over to the Starbucks area of the bookstore. The two of them wait in line together for about four or five minutes. There are about two more people ahead of them. So both of them quietly stand side by side, they both just keep smiling at each other and awkwardly don't know what to talk about. The awkward silence is making Davey nervous, and Patrick can see her fidgeting a bit. He can tell this is something she doesn't normally do. So he looks at her and begins asking her questions. Not like it's an interview, but just trying to get her to not feel as nervous around him. Patrick knows that girls aren't that interested in what guys have to say. So he focuses the conversation just on her.

"So do you like living in Riverside," Patrick asked?"

"Yeah it's nice, but I haven't been living here that long," Davey answered.

"Oh really, have you seen many of the sites," Patrick responded.

"I have a few friends who tried to take me to a few places. But I just haven't gotten around to it," Davey answered.

"Do you like to go sightseeing," Patrick asked?"

"Oh yes, definitely, I like to travel and go on road trips," Davey responded as she asked, "How about you?"

This is a good start to this conversation, Patrick thinks to himself. The way that Davey responded back with a question of her own, shows him that she is interested to know about him as well. Patrick kindly smiles but he makes sure to keep his answer short and simple, as he answered, "Yeah I do."

Davey smiles at his answer as she says, "There is this one spot that my friends tell me about, have you ever been to the cove?"

"Oh yes I have," Patrick said.

"They tell me that when the sunsets over the ocean, the scenery is gorgeous," Davey responded.

"I have seen it a few times," Patrick says as he best describes the scenery to her as best that he can.

"Picture this," he says, "The ocean sometimes if you're lucky, will be calm and almost like a mirror, the sun shimmers off it as it goes down. Little sparkles of white little highlights all over each ripple of the water. Then the highlights of the sky change from a calm pink to an orange mixture of hues. It's very nice to see and to be honest, it is actually a place I like to go and relax and think."

Hearing the way that he described it to her, she can easily picture the beautiful scenery he is describing. It is also winning her over and has her very intrigued and interested in him. But, she still likes how he was a bumbling idiot who forgot his wallet. She will never forget that, and won't let him forget it either.

Looking at her as Patrick realizes that he had been rambling on. However, he has noticed that Davey has a look of intrigue on her face as she did not mind it. The line moves along, as they are now behind the last person ahead of them. So they still have a few more minutes to talk before they place their orders.

"So what do you like to do for fun," Patrick asked?"

"Lately, when I am not working, just sitting around and binge-watching on Netflix," Davey answered.

"What was the last show you watched," he asked?"

"I am kinda watching Riverdale," she answered, as Patrick laughs and says, "That show is beyond messed up."

"You watch it too," Davey responded.

He quietly leans forward and jokingly says, "Don't say that out loud."

She laughs at this and says, "There is nothing wrong with a guy liking Riverdale."

Making sure that everyone around her hears it as his cheeks turn redder than a tomato as she giggles as Patrick says, "I'll get you back for that one."

"Oh really," Davey says as she teases him a bit and says, "Not if you keep making it easy for me to tease you."

Smirking at her as he leans closer and quietly whispers, "You know that teasing me is only going to bring the bad out of me more."

She blushes and looks at him as his sexy voice sends shivers down her spine. Patrick just smirked and said, "There we are even, now I"m not the only one with rosy cheeks."

She giggles as the twinkle in Patrick's eyes is still there, Davey never thought she would actually meet a guy at the bookstore. This is something that normally doesn't happen to her, but she likes this. The both of them keep looking at each other, and there is definitely an attraction and interest in each other.

"So you did mention that you work, but do you do anything else, like do you go to school," Patrick asked?"

"I was in college, but I dropped out. I work at a strip club," Davey answers, as she realizes what she just told him. The reaction on his face kind of changes his demeanor a bit, as Davey says, "I'm only a waitress there though."

"Oh I see," Patrick responded.

"It pays well though, I get tips as well which helps out," Davey said.

Davey realizes his interest in her by her responses is slowly declining. She knows that she is putting her foot into her mouth more and more. Patrick kindly says, "It's our turn."

They walk up to the counter together as they place their order. There is an awkwardness between them now, as neither of them is saying anything. Patrick looks at her and asks, "Do you like working there?"

"Not really, but it pays the bills," Davey answered.

May I ask what you were studying in college," Patrick asked?"

"Graphic arts," Davey responded.

Taking a card out of the pocket of his denim shirt that he is wearing. He hands me a card and says, "Call me sometime, I may have some work for you if you're interested."

Davey looks at the card that says Fantasy Corps on the back, the card has a navy blue reflective tint on the front and back of it. On it is his phone number and other business info. Smiling at him as she asks, "What kind of work?"

"I can't discuss that with you here, not in a public setting anyway," Patrick answered.

Davey is the one now asking him questions as he completely has her interested and very curious about what he is offering. Patrick leans closer and quietly says, "Call that number, and we'll set up an interview."

She nods her head as Patrick sees his order is done, as he looks at the time and says,

"It was nice meeting you Davey. I have to get to work, and I forgot my wallet at home. So I kinda have to backtrack."

Smiling back at him as she tells him, "It was nice meeting you too."

Davey watches him leave, as she gets her order and not long after leaves as well and goes back to her apartment. She walked to the bookstore, so she just takes her time going back, and tries to take in everything that just happened. Thinking to herself, "Did that all just happen?"

Davey goes for a much-needed walk after what she just experienced. Walking down the street as she takes in the nice weather. She takes a few sips of her latte, as she sits on a bench and sees a couple of birds hanging out around it. Davey has bought herself a couple of muffins, as she takes one out and begins tossing little pieces of it to the birds. The two birds squawk and fight over it, as they come up to her for more, as she says, "Now, now you two share or no more goodies."

Taking out the card one more time, as she ponders and thinks to herself. She has never met a guy who left her so intrigued and curious. It's also the first time a guy offered his number to her. Normally a guy would ask for her number first, but he did it in a nice gentlemanly way. One thing is for certain, she definitely will be calling him, but she doesn't want to call him too soon. She doesn't want to come off as desperate either.

So she just continues on with her day. Sitting at the park and taking in the sun. Enjoying the sounds of kids playing at the playground. Seeing a mother giving two children of her's a stern talking to. Davey wonders if one day she will be like her. Davey would like nothing more than to be a mother, get married and have a couple of kids. She thought she could have that kind of life with Donnie, but that is nothing more than a pipe dream. Looking at the card as she smiles to herself.

"This could be interesting," Davey says to herself, as she looks at his name on the card, as she smirks and looks at the two birds who are chirping at her for more crumbs from her muffin. Smiling at them as she says, "What do you two think, should I explore this mystery further?"

The birds squawk almost like they are telling her to go for it. Smiling as she tosses the last few crumbs of the muffin at them. Getting up as she says to herself, "Well I guess I have my answer."

She leaves the park and continues on with her day as she is rejoicing in how well her day is going so far.

**TO BE CONTINUED*********