Lola's Lurching Life Ch. 03 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What about your property. Will you sell it?"

"Yes, and that's why I'm talking to you now. It adjoins your vineyard so that automatically gives it of some value to you. Make an offer now, if you wish."

"Give me five minutes to think. You have told my what the current rateable valuer is (assessed value of land and buildings for the calculation of local government taxes)."

They drove along in silence for a few minutes and Lola said, "Go for a sale using local land agents including companies with branches on the mainland. If that doesn't succeed, I'll pay you $255,000 after the repayment of that loan for the one-third acre freehold site as is including what you leave in the buildings and the winch as it's an integral part of the slipway."

"I was thinking a price somewhere between $450,000 and $550,000."

"Then don't rush a sale. Expect one to occur within the next six months, especially over summer when prospective buyers flood on to Waiheke."

"I was thinking of a clean departure, with everything sold."

"Well stick to that, and who knows you may land a quick result but don't expect anything like $450,000 as it's the building have little value, especially that near derelict cottage."

They continued on in silence for a while, a Lola guessed wheels were turning in Ned's head over the offer he already had in hand."

"Would you consider lifting you offer to $300,000 and not requiring repayment of the loan."

"Yes."

"Gee, that was quick."

"Well it roughly totals the top offer I had in mind."

"Done," Ned said excitedly. "I can head home on Wednesday next week with a much-improved bank balance than when I arrived here, and so I'm happy. You are giving me $102,000 more than what I paid the old drunk for it."

"I knew what you paid for it, as Ernie Hill told me when we were watching my vines being planted as well as other interesting gossip about the families on this vicinity. However, to acquire your land I worked out what value I placed on it to buy it from myself

"Then you have big plans for it?"

"Yes, eventually. An architecturally designed modern two-bedroom home to take advantage of the largely sheltered site with the living area on the top floor, and a modern 18 to 22 ft modern motor cruiser housed within a shed over the slipway.

"Wow, you have it all thought out."

"Yeah, my mind works that way. I kid myself I can see into the future."

Ned smiled.

"Perhaps you do, but don't know it yet. Have you pictured what your vines may look like at harvest time in three years hence?"

"Yes, and... oh, I now understand the comment you were making about foresight. I am aware my random thoughts are not necessarily orderly or even coherent."

"You can say that again," he sighed.

"I'm aware my random thoughts are not necessarily orderly or even coherent."

They laughed.

When Ned and Lola entered the restaurant, Rudi made a beeline for Ned. Caroline emerged from the kitchen, saw Lola and rushed her.

During the kiss and tight hug, the tongue tips of both women touched.

Still clasping Lola, Caroline arched her back a little to get a clearer look at Lola and whispered, "Omigod."

"We should talk," Lola said. "Can you spare time tomorrow; I know the restaurant is closed on Mondays. I'll be on my vineyard all day tomorrow and the weather forecast is good. You bring a flask of coffee and I'll have two chairs and a folding table, pikelets and a bottle of quality wine."

Caroline whispered, "If I didn't know better, I might surmise that the body of another like-minded and sexually focused other woman is possibly awaiting my exploration."

Lola managed not to gasp too loudly, feeling much like, err, that she was in rocket prepared for launching.

Omigod, Lola thought, remembering her pussy galore days at university, especially in the initial year of being a 'freshwoman'. For some time, all four 'loose' women in their dorm room were a little worried they'd be destined to be sluttish gays for the rest of their lives. And then, within a while, all four had fallen into the hands of sexually-focused males and predestined sexual stability had occurred.

Lola's tongue began arching over her top lip as she thought she was perhaps heading into a pretty awesome time because it was likely that Caroline was far more experienced than her. She'd have to be with that tight and yet rather voluptuous body. Realizing that her tongue was lubricating her lips, she hastily sucked it back into her mouth.

Rudi, glass in hand, came over to her to chat.

"I've been told that you have facilitated Ned's return to Australia."

"Aye, and it wasn't difficult because I possessed spare cash to buy his plot. You brother, too, has greatly assisted Ned's exit."

"Indeed, and Ned was lucky that Ivan remained interested in purchasing a classic small schooner."

"Yeah, it happens. Tell my, why are you so interested in sex at your age."

Lola cringed, what on earth had made her shoot her mouth off like that. He'd be mortally offended.

But not at all. Rudi slipped in to counter.

"Do you feel guilty that Caroline has taken quite a shine on you?"

Lola straightened her back and slipped up mentally a couple of cogs, suddenly assuming the quality of her answer to that question would matter a great deal.

"I gather from our short friendship, that Caroline can be rather spontaneous, as if driven by her emotions.

Rudi grinned, sitting beside Lola and placing a hand gently on her upper thigh as if he were entitled to some level of proprietorship.

"That is exceedingly observant of you."

Close to panicking at the thought of losing Rudi's friendship, and wishing to remain his declared protégé, she smiled and was about to say everything was coming at her at a rush when he was called away to the kitchen.

Lola was highly excited. Though buying Ned's property on the fly was exciting, she thought how rare was it for most women to have the opportunity to touch, finger, lick and suck the breasts of their best female friends?

Rudi returned and whispered, "Sorry, a minor crisis in the kitchen. Um, I'm a little worried about the way the relationship you have with Caroline is possibly heading. I'm being selfish in my thinking, taking it to the extreme and thinking you could end up stealing her from me."

Lola said stoutly, "Rudi, my loyalty lies first and foremost with you. If Caroline develops a real thing for me, I promise I'll walk away from her in recognition of the tremendous kinship you have bestowed on me."

He smiled, looking relieved.

He said. "Please, I'm not asking you do that and I thank you for the eloquence of your wordage. I would like you and Caroline to have an affair, but please keep this conversation to yourself. She has to perform between her rogue of her husband and me her employer who is her lover, and this has gone on for years. She's probably feeling stale in coping with what is probably two intense relationships and probably feels the need to launch out into something new and exciting."

"Rudi, how long has she been your mistress?"

"Almost twelve years."

"Crickey"

He smiled and said that was a term she'd picked up from Ned, the Australian. Caroline's husband treats her with huge indifference, apparently.

Rudi walked off, leaving Lola feeling emotionally adrift. She felt excited and partly terrified. How anyone could experience two diametrically opposed emotional feelings simultaneously, she had no idea.

Chapter 15

Lola drove home from the restaurant because Ned was drunk, almost legless. He went to sleep soon after being strapped into his seat and she along carefully and thoughtfully and became troubled at possibly falling into a tacky web involving herself and Caroline.

She sighed, thinking her mother if she knew the details, would shake her head in sorrow and would probably say, "My girl, you have fallen into a sinful mess."

Sinful?

Oh, yes, to someone with high moral standard or filled with religious beliefs.

And what was she?

"Well, you're at least a grubby slut, but not really. The temptation is there and yet you are aware that in taking the short-term gain. That could that could end up with you tearing Rudi's and Caroline's long-term relationship apart, permanently.

She stopped on the roadside, and Ned slept on uninterrupted.

Lola called Caroline.

"Oh, hi, I'm glad it's you. I'm worried that if we proceed with our little fling it would involve you in double adultery, I thought why was I becoming involved in something like this that could become a real mess."

Lola said nervously, "I've been thinking along similar lines and have stopped half-way home to say I, too, are having second thoughts."

"Well, at least that's commendable," Caroline sighed.

"Let's call it all off," Lola said. "But Caroline, please visit me in the vineyard tomorrow and have a walk around and then afternoon tea with me, as I think we should become really good friends who are not thinking of having sex with each other."

"That's fine with me, lovely lady. I'll walk your vineyard tomorrow arm-in-arm with you as probably your potential best friend."

"You are already racing toward that status with me, also. Good night, sweet one."

Lola felt like yelling 'Hurrah, all appears well' but decided not to stir Ned from his peaceful sleep.

When Caroline arrived at 2.30 next afternoon, she saw the windmill for the first time with a couple of men from the supply company connecting fittings to the pump to send water into the storage tanks and to attached various electronic fittings and controllers.

Lola ran across to greet her and they kissed on the lips like old friends and looked into each other's eyes sweetly, both very aware that their relationship was back to normal.

"Your windmill, though very appropriate for its purpose, looks cute and is a reminder of pioneering days although possessing, no doubt, modern development in technology."

"Yes, and look at you, who is my close friend making her first visit to my vineyard and even dressed casually with little make-up and yet probably will long be the most glamorous visitor's to 'Lola's of Waiheke'.

"Thanks, my sweet," Caroline said solemnly. "I declare that even just by name, this vineyard had stamped the distinctive personality of you on its terroir."

Lola giggled and said, "Wow, what a grand attribute and it will be perhaps seven years from now, due to the need for ageing of harvests, for wine from this block to be sold commercially. In the meantime, I propose to buy juice to be bottled under the name of Waiheke Lola and intend to discuss this with Rudi shortly."

"Should I tell him of your intent?" Caroline asked.

Lola said she would prefer Caroline to say nothing, as she should approach Rudi formerly when it concerned business.

"Um, what about telling him that you have installed a windmill?"

"Yes, that's fine."

"Why did you choose to pump water by windmill for gravitation supply?"

"Because at present there's no supply of electricity on site."

"But eventually electricity will be available?"

"Correct, yesterday I bought Ned's property from him and we sign the sale agreement tomorrow or the next day.'

"Omigod, we really intend settling on this eastern end of the island?"

"Yes, I feel comfortable here and people like you are making me feel that this really is where I should settle. Tell me, why has your marriage not kept you happy? You look great and are so adorable."

"My husband disappeared several years ago, leaving me a note saying he resented feeling that I acted more married to my job than to him and that he was off to work in mines in Australia and his girlfriend would accompany him."

"Omigod, I apologise for bringing that up. I stupidly assumed..."

"It's fine and Rudi supplies my sexual needs. And yes, I am dedicated to my job in one of the finest restaurants of the many on this island where wine and great food are firmly established in the culture of this island paradise if one overlooks the rough roading system and the widespread array of low substandard housing. It's a curious mix that we find national and international visitors quickly become comfortable with."

"As I did."

"As you certainly have, Lola."

"Um, the shack on my newly acquired land will be replaced eventually with a stylish structure that will by sheltered from the winds that we get here and yet will provide views of my vineyard and the neighbouring rolling farmland and the spectacular seascape that the cottage overlooks in the other direction."

"How long will it be before you have your replacement house built?"

"I'm in no rush, and have in mind that it will be five years before my initial vines are in full production, and I have to consider living costs, on-going vineyard costs that will continue to rise, the planting of several thousand more vines, probably progressively, having the vineyard under management contract and I'll soon apply for council permission to have the big multi-purpose shed on my new home property erected on the far end of the vineyard where part of the land is particularly stony and where I may develop a commercial olive grove."

"So, not any time soon?"

"Correct, and meanwhile I'll make short-term improvements to the cottage to make it more inhabitable and have a toilet installed."

Caroline, wide-eyed, asked, "Omigod, have you and Ned been relieving yourselves in the grass behind the cottage?"

"No," Lola laughed. "The original owner had a proper toilet feeding into a septic tank beside the slipway installed in the shed where it remains to this day."

"Omigod, how uncivilised."

"Perhaps, but he also was a boatbuilder and worked on refitted boats for clients and so decided the best site to position the toilet would be in the workshop in the shed."

Come, let's tour my investment."

At the cliff top above the mainly rocky foreshore, pointing to the line of young planted trees, Lola said, these are..."

"Planted as a wind break?"

"Yes, and the wide grass strip between them and the closest row of vines is to allow as tractor to top their height and trim their extension into the vineyard as required. The rose bush planted against the posts of each row of vines is the traditional European way of giving early warning of mutual diseases, for instance mildew which is a fungal disease and can be controlled by spraying."

"What are the roses, Peace?"

"Iceberg, as that's perhaps the hardiest rose to cope with Auckland's summer humidity."

"Golly, I've been working in the heart of a vineyard, inside a restaurant of course, and yet you know more about grape growing and appear more at home amongst the vines than me."

"Well, I've read heaps about wine viticulture for a couple or so years and Rudi has been a constant source of knowledge for me."

"Then it's true, you are his protégé?"

"Absolutely. Now this is just between you and me. He has suggested that when I have appointed management contractors to look after my vineyard, that I go and work under the direct supervision of him and the managers of his vineyards and winery. I suspect that perhaps he sees me as becoming his general manager when he decides to lessen his workload."

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yes, should it occur, because you see, I'm passionately involved in an industry that has risen from its domestic origins in ancient times and changes within it appear never-ending, with the foundation basics being blanketed in degrees of sophistication. In a more ethereal sense, all steps of viticulture and actual production from grape selection though to processing and even storage are a branch of science these days and have become close to being art forms."

"Omigod, you have somewhat lost me in that oratorial outburst but nevertheless you, a newcomer to the industry, are teaching me so much just today and I'm now viewing everything about wine in a more educated light."

"That's great, Caroline, and be aware that I'm heavy on knowledge of aspects of the industry and light on practical experience. I'm also aware that the vineyard workers that we see sitting amongst the vines at lunchtime eating thick bread sandwiches and drinking wine straight from the bottle, are just as important in doing their jobs correctly as even the winemakers in their roles."

"Okay, now how about relaxing, Lola. You have become awfully wound up."

"Yes, sorry. I guess I'm excited that I have just purchased the perfect site for my future new home, depressed that Ned is leaving me to return home, and meanwhile everything is going on around me and I appear to be standing still."

"Right, Lola. This is meant to be helpful and so hear me out. Tomorrow pick out the exact site where you wish to relocate your big all-purpose shed at the far end of your vineyard. Then investigate whether it would be best to simply buy a second independent power generator for the house, moving the present generator to the relocated shed, or, whether to press the island's electricity supply authority to run a feeder supply from the junction of principle road to this barely formed legal road that gives vehicle access to the Hill's farm and your two properties."

"Omigod, Caroline. You are most helpful with that thinking. Planning the shed relocation and clearing away the junk will keep me busy for a while. And I hadn't thought about petitioning the authorities for electricity supply."

"Thanks, Lola. I do have management skills, you know. Why don't you get an architect to assess your ideas for the siting of the home you'll be building in four or five years and come up with some sketches to feed your vision. The architect has to look at the site sooner or later, and why not make it sooner

"Omigod, Caroline, Lola laughed, hugging her friend affectionately. "A few minutes ago, I complained that I felt that I was figuratively standing still, and you are now attempting to overload me."

"Ah, just one more thought, Lola. My 26-year old nephew Todd, now unemployed, has come home to live with his parents at Kennedy Point and my older sister says finding employment is very tough at present as he's trained in corporate computer management. Um, he likes the ladies."

"Eight years my junior? I don't think so darling but give him my phone number and ask him to call me after 10 am next Wednesday, by which time Ned's aircraft will be in the air heading for Sydney and I'll be back home from the airport."

"I give him five days' work at six hours a day, at $35.00 an hour, that includes a 30-minute free lunch provided plus a can of beer, or a glass of wine or juice. He'll not be asked to lift anything that I can't lift and everything we move, disassemble, unscrew or unbolt is to be dumped 20 feet from the shed and cottage for removal commercially. Tell him or his mother I'm am a demanding boss and expect him to call me Lola."

"Lovely Lola."

"Please Caroline, none of that shit. If his mother or the young man asked what I'm liked, just say, um, that I'm a fairly likeable frump."

"Can I add but with great tits?"

"Caroline, forget presenting my offer," Lola scolded.

"Sorry, I was just teasing. Please Lola, Todd needs the offer or work as a morale-booster, according to Pauline, my sister. I promise not to add embellishments.

"You are saying that you'll stick to the script?"

"Yes, I promise," Caroline said meekly and the fluttering of her long eye lashes made Lola's heart skip a beat.

"Right, tell him and stick to the script. He'll probably reject the offer, scoffing and saying thirty-five bucks and hour is an insult and tell you to fuck off."

Lola took a caller from one of the windmill installers, saying they had finished and would she like to inspect their work and then have the honour of using the controller to start the windmill for the first time to begin pumping water up from underground supply to begin filling the storage tanks."