Long Cool Woman Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a knock on the door, then the door opened without permission. Two TCPD Detectives and the videographer came in.

"Hello, everyone, I'm MCD Lieutenant Jerome Davis, and this is Detective Julia Rodriguez." said Jerome Davis. People paying attention would be noticing that Davis was black and Rodriguez was Hispanic. Davis said: "I'm sorry to interrupt your meeting, but it'll have to wait until we get everyone's sworn statement of what happened here tonight."

Even Daniel Allgood was surprised at this development. "Can this wait until after the meeting?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Mayor," said Davis, "but there are two felony charges that will be filed against Mr. Lewis: resisting arrest, and assaulting Police Officers. He could get ten years for each offense, so we have to do this now."

"We understand, Lieutenant." said Edward Steele with alacrity. "Mr. Mayor, I move we adjourn for tonight and reconvene Thursday night in Executive Session to finish our discussion on the Board of Inquiry matter."

"There is a motion on the floor to adjourn." said the Mayor. Ian McGhillie seconded it, and it passed 5-4.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I'm sorry, everyone," said Mrs. Peabody in the Sheriff's office, "but the Council had to adjourn until Thursday evening, as Mr. Reginald Lewis was arrested for disorderly conduct."

"And never a Police Officer around when you need one." quipped Cindy.

"You guys go home, get some sleep." growled Sheriff Griswold.

"You're coming with us, Sheriff." Teresa said. Our Sheriff did not need to have his arm twisted to be persuaded.

We walked as a group down the hall and almost collided with the Press, who were in a frenzy. "No comment... no comment... no comment... no comment..." we all said as we worked our way through them and to the stairwell.

Down in the garage, we were walking towards our SUVs when someone stepped out from between them. It was Jack Muscone. "Don, you got a minute?" he asked...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Back at Police Headquarters, I had Muscone sit down in a 'hot chair' as I sat down in my comfortable 'Command Chair' behind my desk, feeling grateful as always for the lumbar support. The ink-pen bug-killer was 'on'.

"Thought I'd come over here to tell you." said Jack. "CIA Officer Willingham has tried to make it where you are out of the loop and we can't talk to you about Laura's mission, but I say fuck 'em on that. They are fighting in Washington now over who this mission belongs to, as well."

"Why am I not liking what I am hearing?" I asked.

"And it keeps getting better." Jack said sourly. "One thing the brass in Washington does agree upon... is that they're not going to try to pull Laura out of the mission yet..."

Part 13 - The Offer

The dinner was in the trendiest club in Palmyra County, which had been rented by Kara Zorn for an evening of dinner, drinks and dancing exclusively for MegaTech Industries employees. Laura looked out over the crowd of dancing young people, many of them Indians. Though she could not see anyone she recognized, she still had the disquieting feeling that someone was watching her.

Earlier in the evening, she had been seated at the head table with Kara Zorn, Dr. Wages, and a number of other executives she'd met over the previous two days, though not particularly close to Zorn. Laura also was one of the few that chose the steak dinner option; most of them followed Kara's example of the vegan meal, while a couple had the chicken dinner.

The dancing had begun after dinner, with LED and laser lights cutting through the artificially generated 'smoky' air. Laura had danced with David Carlson several times, including the slow dance, and then had returned to the head table and talked with him some more, essentially waiting for the first moment it would be within decorum to leave.

"Let's go up on the balcony." David said, pointing to the catwalk above, where a number of people were watching the dancers below. He took Laura's hand and led her up the stairs. Laura was grateful for the idea, and she used her position to look out over the crowd with a practiced, critical eye. Unfortunately, it was hard to see in the dark, and with the lights creating a strobe effect, it was very difficult to make out faces. She glanced at her watch: it was 10:30pm.

"Great party, huh?" Kara Zorn said as she came up to Laura.

"Yes, very." Laura replied. "Must be costing you a small fortune, though."

"Oh, you Government auditors." Kara said lightly. "Yes, but it definitely comes off the taxes."

"If we threw a party like this," Laura said, "the Press would be making huge headlines about our exorbitant junkets. They're like rabid dogs if we have so much as a Secret Santa party in the office."

Kara laughed. "I understand. But this is not excessive, at least not for up-and-coming technology companies like us."

Laura pretended to smile as she said "You've become the 'big boy' company, haven't you? You're the standard the little guys now look up to."

Kara smiled herself. "We're getting there. Come on, let's go sit at one of the back tables below." At this point, Laura realized that David had arranged for Kara to be able to speak to her. She went with Kara down the stairs to an area behind the curtain along the back wall.

"It's much quieter back here." Kara said as Laura looked around and saw Dr. Wages, Margaret Mason, and two Indian men at one table while Kara sat at the other one and indicated the other chair at that table for Laura to sit upon. Laura sat down.

"I'll get right to the point." Kara said. "I've looked at your past history, and I read your doctoral thesis on the use of cybernetics in psychology. Doctor, you are exactly the type of person we want working with us here at MegaTech Industries."

"I... I'm flattered." said Laura. "But I haven't done any real research in years..." Kara stopped her with a wave of the hand.

"Doctor Washington," Kara said, "or may I call you Laura?" Laura nodded and Kara said "You'll be back in the game in no time, but it's more than your knowledge and talents in research that I'm looking for. I have plenty of scientists, like David Carlson, who, as I'm sure you know from talking to him, is an excellent research scientist. But what I'm looking for is someone to lead others, to be the head of a research team."

"Again, I'm very flattered." said Laura. "But I'm nearing having enough time to get my pension..."

"I understand that." Kara said. "But look... we were just talking about a party like this versus your Secret Santa parties. Laura, what I can give you as a signing bonus would cover half the pension you'd get from the Government for the rest of your life, and I can assure you that the salary, bonuses, and royalties from any patents you get will more than make up for the rest."

"It... sounds like a great opportunity." Laura said. "But it's unexpected, as well. I'll have to give it some thought."

"Of course." said Kara. "And money isn't everything, of course. So consider that MegaTech Industries is on the cusp of truly being the world leader in technological applications. We're working hand-in-glove with the Governments of the United States and Europe, and Elliot Sanders is making huge inroads for us in China. That's his lodestone; he even married a Chinese woman and they have a beautiful child."

"The bottom line, Laura," said Kara, "is that by being part of MegaTech, you will truly be on the inside as the world goes forward. It's going to be an amazing future! And I'm asking you to be a part of it, as part of our team."

"It does sound wonderful." Laura said. "When do you need an answer?"

"I want you on the job July 1st." Kara said. "And that means moved in, two-week notice to Homeland Security given, everything."

Laura nodded. Kara said "Dr. Wages, I'm confident about this. Let's have a toast to our new partner!" Laura smiled primly, as if not fully convinced but acquiescing at least for the evening. Dr. Wages ordered some champagne, which arrived instantly along with four glasses. As a loud rock song started up, faintly shocking them with the sudden noise, he poured the glasses and handed them out.

"To MegaTech!" Kara Zorn said, raising her glass. They all clinked their glasses, then drank their champagne.

As Kara and Dr. Wages talked, Laura began feeling sleepy. She tried to concentrate, but couldn't; her eyesight began being blurry, and streaky. Oh my God, I've been drugged! she realized, but it was too late: her consciousness left her...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

She heard muted, faraway voices. Two women and two men... speaking English... but one man is Indian... one woman is... Asian?... the other woman is Kara Zorn...

Everything went dark again, for just seconds, it seemed. Then Laura heard a jarring "Wake u-up!", accompanied by a slight slap to her face.

Her eyes opened to see that she was sitting on a wooden chair with her hands tied behind her. When she looked up, she saw that she was in some kind of office-sized room filled with boxes and instruments of various sorts. Then she saw the people in the room. Kara Zorn was not among them, nor was Dr. Wages. But one of the men was not an Indian, he was white... and he was 'The Geek', who had been at the Old Mill during the EMPTY QUIVER crisis. (Author's note: 'The Nuclear Option'.)

Standing in front of her was an Asian woman wearing a tight party dress and black high heel pumps, her legs magnificent, her body hourglass-shaped not unlike Teresa Croyle's lovely frame, her face beautiful but full of sharp angles and high cheekbones that enhanced the slant of her eyes. She resembled the porn star Asa Akira, Laura realized as she recognized her...

She was Keiko Shimono.

"Hello, Dr. Laura Fredricson." Shimono said in good English but still bearing a strong Asian accent.

"My name is Laura Washington." Laura tried. "I'm---"

"No, no, please spare all of us the futility of the effort of keeping your cover." said Keiko. "The Geek here has recognized you from that little nuclear event three months ago... as have I. Yes, I fondly remember meeting your husband during that crisis. The Iron Crowbar. Handsome man, what you American women call a 'hunk'. I can see why you married him."

"Where is my assistant?" Laura asked menacingly.

"Oh, she's safely back with your CIA masters." said Shimono. "They arranged a touching disappearance for her, to fool the FBI into thinking we 'disappeared' her. But you, my dear Dr. Fredricson, will not be so fortunate. You are going to disappear for real. Have you ever been to Beijing?"

Laura said nothing, but just looked at Shimono. Then she glanced around the room. looking for the miracle way out she was about to need.

Keiko smiled as she continued: "You will be visiting Beijing shortly... parts of it, anyway. We are going to ship you there, where you will be... questioned. And I will receive the People's gratitude and a great financial reward for delivering the great 'Scorpion' to them." She looked at the men and pointed at Laura, a signal to the others.

"You'll never get away with it!" Laura snarled, trying to free her hands. But she was too tightly bound. The men advanced upon her and grabbed her arms.

"Put her on the floor!" shouted the Geek as he began undoing his belt and his pants. "I am going to rape this bitch first!..."

To be continued.