Loosening Up Bk. 09 Ch. 11-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth pulled her cellphone from her back pocket and in ten seconds, turned it so that Kat, Roy, and Dori could see the screen. The snapshot show six couples sitting at a long restaurant table during a dinner that looked like a holiday celebration. Everyone was looking at the camera with broad smiles, no doubt as someone taking the picture coached them saying, "Cheeeeeese."

Colin said, "Our friend, Russ also talked to each of us one-on-one. He reported that everyone of us was actually enthusiastic about continuing -- especially with the sex we started to enjoy with each other. We all wanted to build something more substantial in terms of a sustainable lifestyle together, deeper relationships with each other, and even selectively adding people at a slow rate just the way the Circle does."

Roy said, "Well, it sounds like you've already got things going. Just keep doing what you're doing."

"We're cautious," Colin said. "Our concern is that something will bite us that we haven't thought about or discussed."

Kat said to Beth, "Turn on the recorder on your phone and I'll give you a list off the top of my head. This won't be a definitive list, but it may help you." Beth took her phone, called up one of the apps, and set the phone on the table in front of Kat and Dori.

Kat said, "Here's a short list of things that have produced some drama around here or things we thought might, and that might for any group: jealousy, explaining yourselves to your parents or siblings, what to do when a parent or sib wants to join up with all of you, what to do when one of your children wants to join in, what steps does someone or some couple have to go through before joining your group, how to handle situations when one or two of you are missing -- say traveling during the week, realizing fantasies that go beyond someone's boundaries -- for instance, a gangbang. Want me to go on?"

Colin and Beth both said, "Yes, keep going. We are so going to discuss every one of these points."

Dori held her hand up and said, "Let me add something to immigration issues you might face. We all like to think of ourselves as modern and forgiving, but how willing are you to take a black into your group? What if they come from Ethiopia or Zimbabwe? What about an Arab or Muslim? Would you welcome an Oriental? What role will age, race, creed, color, and anything else you can think of, play in considering someone for membership. If you look around here long enough, you'll see some diversity, but not what it could be. Think about that."

Kat went on, "Here are some more issues on my list: having someone get silent and moody for no apparent reason, handling some couple in your midst getting divorced, disparity in incomes of people in the group, mixed views on bringing in new people or even one particular person -- does one person have veto power, formation of subgroups that specialize in each other, how to handle pregnancies and paternity, how to handle raising children in the group environment, how to handle STDs and other rules of behavior, how to handle someone having an affair outside the group, what if two couples decide to move in together, what to do when one or all of you are discovered or outed, how to respond to friend's curiosity about your lifestyle -- how much do you reveal? There's more and more. Dori?"

Dori had been thinking, "Well, I think you need to address the issue of how much loosening up you want to tolerate. In the Circle, as you know from the book and TV series, we stress relationship over sex. But, what if some of you find yourselves in a situation where some swinging sex is on the table with some casual acquaintances. Do you join in? Are there limits or requirements ahead of time, such as recent STD tests? Do you quarantine someone after such an event until they get a clean test? Does that change the rules about relationships over sex -- all the time, some of the time, on rare occasions?"

Colin asked, "How does the Circle handle that?"

Dori laughed, "On rare occasions we let our hair down and have a swinging good time just fucking a weekend away with fun friends even though we don't know our partners that well. Everyone arrived fully and recently tested so we know we can play together. Maybe over time we remedy the depth of the initial relationships by building something deeper, but maybe not."

Colin nodded. "So, you all kind of have open marriages with each other?"

"Precisely. We are, however, strict about STD tests. Our group is large. A bad bug getting into this group would transmit to everyone in seconds the way we carry on." She laughed.

Roy said, "It hasn't been shown in the TV episode yet, but we have a small part-time health clinic that some of our members who are doctors and nurses staff. We each get STD tested at least once a quarter or more frequently. That covers those just-in-case situations with someone outside the Circle that we might want to enjoy."

Beth asked, "Do you do that? Have your core Circle, but some of you have outside interests?"

"A few of us do. Most limit their interactions to the Circle members. They could have relations and sex outside the Circle, but choose not to do that. We have formed an alliance with another nearby group of like-minded thinkers. They have the same restrictions on behavior that we do, so we're comfortable interacting and relating with them. A few of us are also mentoring a group in another state and get together with them."

Quick as a flash, Colin asked, "Might that be a possibility with our group, as well -- after we're better established and trustworthy?"

All three Circle members shrugged. Roy said, "Maybe. I guess it would depend on the mood and events of the moment. I guess we'd like to get to know each of you better. There have been ways to do that in the past with small groups."

Beth grinned, "Well, I had a hundred questions when we arrived, and now I have at least a thousand. I want to talk with you about each of the issues you mentioned, but first I think we should bring them up in our own group to get a sense of how our friends feel."

Dori said, "Well, I'm not sure how to handle that many in the few minutes we have before our dinner gets served. Maybe you could come back when my husband Ty is here, or better yet Dave Prentiss. Both are out of town."

Beth nodded, "We'd be honored if we could do that. Is there some way we could establish contact so we don't have to run the gauntlet at the front gate? I can imagine with the TV series you're getting a lot of hate mail and undesirable visitors. I assure you we are in neither category."

Dori and Roy exchanged phone numbers with Beth, and promised to call when it looked like there might be a good window of time to talk more extensively about the Circle with them -- and have one of the experts and a board member involved.

On that note, a few light hugs and handshakes, Colin and Beth left, getting in their car and departing for the main gate.

* * * * *

Dave awakened with the awareness that someone was seriously sucking on his morning wood. She was doing a named good job of it, too. He opened one eye and peered down his naked body. Sharon was in the large bed and between his outstretched legs. She saw him open his eyes and he could tell she was smiling despite the difficulty since her mouth was full.

Dave whispered, "Come and ride me, babe."

Sharon raised herself and slithered up his body until she could press backwards again his erection. He penetrated her with ease. She was wet and very horny. She gasped in a whisper, "Oh, thank you. That just made my day."

The two quietly made love culminating in a matching set of orgasms that left them both breathless for a few moments.

"Shower with me?" Dave asked eventually.

"Sharon nodded and dismounted, holding her hand over her privates to stem the tide of fluids that gravity might try to claim. The two of them walked across the room to the bathroom, shut the door, and turned on the shower water.

Later, Wendy and Alice got up and into the shower. After everyone had dressed the quartet went downstairs to the hotel's free breakfast. After that and a short taxi ride back to the medical center where Dev slept, they sought more information on Dev.

Dave bought a newspaper as they passed a small store in the hospital.

Wendy got the report on Dev from one of the nurses. He'd remained asleep all night, continued in his medically-induced coma, and seemed to be getting better. She was told the doctor would be finishing rounds about ten a.m. and suggested she wait for a more complete report. The nurse did say that the peaceful overnight was a great sign for Dev.

The group sat as Dave shared the paper with Alice, Sharon, and Wendy. Wendy was nervous.

Dave found an interesting article he showed to Alice. As he did, he posed, "Do you suppose ...?"

QUITO, ECUADOR -- Officials in Ibarra reported this morning on two major explosions near Pasto and Florencia, Colombia. One eye-witness described the massive explosion near Pasto as consuming several dozen warehouse buildings and homes in the Belacazar sector of the small city that fire fighters are still working to contain.

Initial reports suggested that the Galeras volcano had opened a new jet near the city, however, later reports verified the explosions were man made with high explosives.

Pasto had long been suspected of being a center for growing and warehousing both raw and processed cocaine along with other locations in the Nariño department of the country. One eyewitness that did not want to be identified estimated that several billion dollars of drugs had been destroyed in just the Pasto explosions and fires.

Police reports from Florencia department reveal even greater devastating destruction to warehouses in that district used by the drug trade.

The article went on with a short description of the cartels involved in the Ecuadorian and Colombian drug trade.

Alice read the article and nodded. She passed the paper to Wendy and pointed at the article. Wendy's brow furrowed as she read, and then she shrugged it off and passed the paper back.

Dave thought better of the article. He knew just enough of Dev's dangerous missions to believe that he might have had something to do with the explosions and destruction of thousands of tons of cocaine.

Dave walked down the hall of the hospital and found a courtyard he could go into and be relatively alone. He called Sarasota Detective James Hotch, a member in good standing of the Circle.

Hotch answered on the first ring. "Hi. Dave. What's happening?"

"I'm in Houston worried about Dev Connor, who remains unconscious after being shot up. That's kind of why I'm calling."

"Go on." Jim urged. "I heard about the Sunday evening call to Alice and Wendy. I can guess what's going on."

"There's an article in the Houston paper about several major explosions in Colombia that apparently destroyed thousands of tons of cocaine. I have nothing to go on but intuition here, but I feel that Dev might have been involved. I was wondering whether you could find out where he's been the past few months? My other concern is that he's in a relatively insecure situation in the VA Hospital in town here. If he did that much damage to a drug cartel, wouldn't they want vengeance? Shouldn't he be under some kind of protection?"

Jim said, "I hear you. Let me make some calls. I'll get back to you, but it might not be for a day or two."

"That'll work. I just got to worrying about the connections and then the impact of that destruction."

Dave also called his office and EneRG and talked to Jenny. He updated her about what they knew about Dev's health, and answered a few questions she had about rescheduling things.

Dave got back to the trauma waiting room about ten o'clock. Dave, Alice, Sharon, and Wendy sat and waited for something to happen.

Dr. Grey Cronin appeared about ten-thirty. He told Wendy as the others listened that Dev was doing better this morning, however, he wanted to keep him in the induced-coma for another day and see what progress had been made in his vitals and in healing.

Based on that news, the group went back to the Intercontinental. Wendy urged the others to return to Sarasota while she waited and visited the hospital a few times a day. Dave said they'd wait one more day to see what was happening.

The four travelers ate lunch at the hotel and then spent some time by the outdoor pool. Fortunately, the weather was warm so swimming was on the agenda. Dave and Alice also used the hotel gym.

About three-thirty, Dave received a text from Jim Hotch. It said,'Film @ 11. Expect a protective friend or two. Talk later.'

Dave pondered that for about an hour, during which the four of them trooped back to the hospital to see whether there'd been any progress in Dev's healing.

Wendy checked at the trauma nursing station. She knew some of the nurses by name now, having been there several times a day for the two days. She asked one she knew whether there'd been any change in her husband's condition.

The nurse gave her a curious look. She said, "Wait here. Let me get the doctor."

Two minutes later, the nurse reappeared with Dr. Cronin on her heels. Cronin led Dave and Wendy down the hall and into a back corridor of the hospital. Occasionally, Wendy could see into one of the intensive care units, but this was like she was viewing them through the back door. Dev had been moved.

Cronin took her into a vacant examining room. He had her sit, and Wendy was really worried. He cautiously said, "Mrs. Connor, your husband was on a successful mission in South America. He is in the process of disappearing -- at least as far as the rest of the world is concerned."

Just then, another man came into the room. This man was obviously not hospital staff.

Cronin said, "Wendy, I'd like you to meet Kyle Thurman." Kyle nodded at Wendy. He apparently knew who she was. He was intimidating and looked dangerous -- even scary. He was casually dressed in black jeans with a black turtleneck, and he wore the jacket to a black pin striped suit with the ensemble. He also wore black western boots and a black belt.

Kyle had a ruddy complexion, a remnant of a bad scar on one cheek, and had a dark tan that had been earned by hours in the tropical sun somewhere. Kyle also had an eye that didn't quite align with the other when he stared at you, and stare he did at Wendy as though he were a carnivorous animal deciding where to take the first bite. Looking at Kyle made her blood run cold.

Kyle ran his eyes over Dave, too, assessing the man. He finally said, "I know who you are Mr. Prentiss. Trust me. I am a friend in this operation. Should we need to talk, I will identify myself as your friend from Houston. You did the right think invoking security through your police friend Jim Hotch."

Cronin nodded at Kyle, who then spoke in a raspy voice with a Texas twang. "Mrs. Connor, for your safety, your family's safety, and Devlin's safety, he has ceased to exist. He is still here in the ICU under the name of John Hoopes. He will be under twenty-four-hour guard until he leaves here, and probably for some time afterward.

"You, too, will find security with you. Please don't argue with this. We had no choice. You are temporarily Mindy Hoopes while you are in Houston. You are not to tell that name to anybody until you are told that you can.

"Your husband's service record now shows that he was never married and served valiantly in the first Gulf War, where he died because of an IED. You are not to contact his parents or yours. We are assuring their safety as we speak. Eventually, we may make arrangements for you to gather, but I can't predict how that will work right now.

"John Hoopes is your first marriage, and he is recovering at Houston hospital from a traffic accident that nearly killed him. Do you understand me?"

Wendy nodded. She'd expected something like this someday. She said, "My home? My children?" She thought, "I'm here with friends. We are staying at the Intercontinental."

Kyle shook his head. "Not any longer. Wendy Connor was never in Houston; you have ceased to exist. We are thankful that you flew here in a private aircraft so your name does not appear on any manifest or hotel register. We want you to fly home today that same way. What little luggage you brought will meet you at the jet you arrived on."

"But ... my husband? My friends?"

Cronin answered, "He is healing and doing better every day. He will be in great discomfort if we bring him to a conscious state. My plan now is to keep him under for two or three more days. After that he'll be on pain medications that will make him very groggy around the clock. He'll sleep a lot. You will be a worry to him, and we will assure him of your safety and concern. We will tell him you were here for him. He will then need bed rest for several weeks -- three or four at a minimum, and then physical therapy. He won't be fit to travel for at least a month and more likely six weeks. You will be reunited with him shortly after he regains consciousness.

"We will report John Hoopes condition to you periodically. I will personally call you when I have something to report around this time of day. You need not worry about his health. He is on the mend and will pull through just fine. Fortunately, he was in top physical condition when he was wounded, plus a few of us know he is special and deserves top of line medical care."

Kyle interrupted, "Mrs. Connor, please give me your cellphone."

Wendy handed the phone over. Kyle disassembled it in seconds and removed the SIM card. She watched him put another card into the phone. He handed it back to her, "Mrs. Hoopes, your phone. Please call no one on this phone for a week unless it is an emergency. I am on speed dial, number one. If you even sense danger or think you are being followed, you are to call. Dr. Cronin will call you on this phone."

Kyle went on, "We need to put you in what amounts to a witness protection program. A colleague of mine will meet you at your Florida home to talk to you about that. I'm sorry, but we have to uproot you for another locale. You are in great danger.

"Kyle turned and was out the door as rapidly as he'd come in. The mood in the room lightened.

Dr. Cronin shrugged. "I'm sorry, but this will continue for a while, Mrs. Hoopes. Now, I must attend to some other patients."

Chapter 14 -- Disappearance

"Sarasota Approach Control, November-One-Two-Echo-Romeo is with you passing through twelve-thousand on the way to eight-thousand. We have information Sierra at SRQ."

"Two-Echo-Romeo, Sarasota Approach. Radar Contact. Continue on course. You may descend to two-thousand, your discretion. Sarasota altimeter two-niner-niner-two."

Dave responded, and the Cessna Citation continued its descent at twenty-five-hundred feet per minute. Passing through ten-thousand, Dave reduced the speed to two-hundred-fifty knots.

Alice asked from the copilot's seat, "What's Wendy going to do?"

"Dev and her safety depend on them becoming invisible for some period of time. In case you didn't take it in, the hospital purged any records for Devlin Connor. That was even spooky. I don't know and don't want to know how or why that happened. I suspect Wendy is going to need to disappear for some long period of time with her family."

"Will we be able to remain in touch with their family?"

Dave shook his head. "I doubt it. If someone was to tail one of us to them, that wouldn't be good. I don't even think parents or siblings are allowed contact in witness protection, but maybe I watch too much TV and there are exceptions."

"When will we find out?"

"Wendy will likely find out probably in the next couple of days."

Twenty-minutes later the Cessna Citation X touched down at Circle Airport. The weather was ideal and there was a gentle headwind to facilitate the landing. After parking the plane, the four took some golf carts that had been left for them up to the Circle.