Lorelei and Me Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kalavo
Kalavo
826 Followers

Finally, Jill and Max arrived from Boston. We got them set up in the second bedroom at the lake house and told them to make themselves at home. It didn't take long for us all to fall into the relationship we had when we shared the apartment while we were in grad school. The only thing that was troublesome was for Lori because she liked to stay naked while we were at the lake.

We had all been living together for 3 days and while we were in bed, Lori whispered, "I love having Jill and Max here, but I miss running around naked."

I chuckled and said, "Well, go ahead and stay naked. Jill has seen you naked, I love seeing you naked and Max is a doctor who specialized in OB/GYN, so I'm sure he's seen more naked women than you and me combined and that includes you looking in the mirror!"

She gave me a punch in the arm and then asked, "Do you really think it will be alright? I don't want to embarrass anyone."

"Look, knowing Jill, she'll probably be naked as soon as she sees you, so go ahead."

"Okay, I'll give it a try tomorrow. You can be naked too, you know."

"Maybe I will."

In the morning, Lori got up and used the toilet and then headed for the kitchen to start the coffee. She was nude and looked great. I liked being nude as well, so I didn't bother with clothes either. I was about to pour our second cups when Jill walked in and when she saw us a huge grin split her face. "I was hoping we could be naked. Max will be surprised!" Jill stripped quickly as I poured her a cup and then we all sat down and talked.

When Max walked out he stopped and looked at us all with curiosity, so Lori said, "I hope you don't mind Max, but Ben and I have always run around naked while here and, well, I missed it while in Baltimore."

Max smiled, stripped and said, "My parents were nouveau hippies and ran around in the buff all of the time. Besides, I can't tell you how many hundreds of naked women I saw while we were in Boston."

Since it was Saturday we didn't have to go to work, so I sat down with Max and said, "Jerry, uh, Lori's Dad, said we should make a rough drawing of how we think our new building should be laid out, so I thought we could work on that for a while." Max agreed, so he, Lori and I sat down and mapped out what we thought would work best. Jill even came up with a couple of good ideas.

The remainder of the day was spent sunning out on the pier and sailing with our little sailboat. It was really nice to be able to relax with our friends at home after having been apart for so long. As the days, weeks and months passed the four of us fell into a comfortable routine of work and relaxation.

Jerry had arranged for us to meet with an architect who, after seeing our basic sketches, put together a fantastic rendering of our ideal clinic. We submitted our plans to the city council for approval and were pleased to get the overwhelming support of the council. With permits in hand, groundbreaking began. It took eight long months before the place was finished. In the interim we continued working in the cramped quarters of Dr. Robert's former office.

Just prior to completion, we began buying all of the equipment the facility would require such as exam tables, exam equipment, some lab equipment, computers and office equipment. Just prior to opening, Lori hired Katie Emery (nee Cook) the now wife of Lori's previous boyfriend to be our office manager. She had held a similar position at her father's super market, but we managed to lure her away. First thing she did was to hire several temps to process all of Dr. Robert's paper patient records into our new computer system. She also modernized our accounting and billing systems.

It didn't take too long for our clinic to get busy. Having Max's OB/Gyn talents was a boon because women didn't have to travel to other cities for those services. Being in farm country we saw lots of broken bones, large lacerations and other injuries caused by animals and equipment. With all of the broken bones, we decided to invest in an X-ray machine. I had a lot of experience with small fractures from my Residency. Larger fractures we referred to orthopedic surgeons in the county seat.

Everything was going well for Lori, Max and myself, but Jill was feeling frustrated having to drive 40 miles each way to work at a veterinary clinic. One day an idea popped into my head regarding Jill's plight. "Jill, I'm not sure if you were aware of this or not, but my grandparents left me their house and farm when I graduated from high school. They haven't farmed it for several years because they're getting too old. I was thinking that maybe I could talk them into moving to an apartment in town and then you could convert their place into your own clinic. I know you prefer working with large animals like cattle and horses and I think their place would be perfect. What do you think?"

"Well, I don't know. I don't really have the money to start out on my own. I'd never be able to buy your farm and it will take a long time to build up a client base."

I smiled and said, "What I had in mind was renting the place to you once you were established. You can get a loan from Lori's Dad for equipment and my Dad will push business your way. Besides, people around here have to drive their large animals the same 40 miles you had to go to work to get care. The place is right on the edge of town, so it would be really convenient. Frankly, I think you'll have more business than you can handle and will have to hire help pretty quickly."

Jill sat and thought for a few moments and then said, "I have to admit that that would be the realization of my dream to have my own practice. Okay, let's check it out!"

The first thing we needed to do was to talk to my grandparents and see if they might be interested into moving into a smaller place. I called them up and asked if I could come and visit with a business proposition. They said they had nothing but time, so Jill and I ran over there to talk. We got a nice welcome and my grandparents said they remembered Jill from the time she came for Thanksgiving.

We went into their front room and after my grandmother brought us all some tea we got down to business. "So, I don't know if you remember, but Jill is a veterinary doctor now. She's currently working for Myer's Clinic up in La Crosse, so she has a 40 mile commute each way. My thought was that we could convert this place into a private practice for her so she can treat cattle and horses. It would give the farmer's around here a closer place to bring their animals without having to haul them 40 miles.

"So, my first question to you is would you consider moving into a smaller place in town? I would imagine this place is getting to be a little too much for the both of you."

My grandparents looked at each other and then my granddad said, "It's funny that you came up with this idea at this particular time. Your Gran and I were talking yesterday about moving into town. So, yeah, when would you like to do this?"

Jill and I both had big smiles as I said, "As soon as possible would be great!"

The four of us wandered out to the barn area to assess how things would work. There was already a system of small corrals for moving dairy cattle around which Jill said would be perfect. There were also a dozen stalls within the modern barn that had been built in the 80's for wintering the cattle. There was even an out building that would be suitable for her office and reception area.

I told my grandparents that we'd be willing to help them with their move and anything else that they required.

The next step was to arrange a meeting with my Dad and Jerry to discuss our plans. When I talked to Jerry he said that we should all come to their place the next night for a bar-b-que to talk things over. So, the next night Lori, Jill, Max and myself went to Lori's parents place for dinner. My Dad and Anna were there as well as my grandparents. Before dinner while Jerry was grilling we all got caught up with what was going on in our lives. Both sets of parents were happy to hear that our medical practice was thriving and were happy our new facility was working out.

When we all sat down to dinner, I said, "Jill had mentioned the other day about how unhappy she was about her 80-mile roundtrip commute and it dawned on me that we could really use a veterinarians services right here in town. Farmers have had to haul their large animals that same distance for veterinary care. My idea was that we could convert Gran and Gramps' place into a clinic for Jill. We asked if they would consider moving into smaller digs and they replied that not only would they consider it, but they had talked about moving the day before.

"So, my question to you Dad is do you think this would work and to you Jerry do you think you could finance Jill's needs?"

My Dad smiled and said, "Jill will be so busy she'll never have a day off! Ever since Dr. Blyleven retired, the farmers around here have been trying to get someone to open a practice here."

Jerry said, "I concur with Joe regarding the need. I can honestly say that a loan to her would be the safest I have ever made. So, Jill you should sit down and itemize all of the equipment you'll need, the changes you'll need to make at the farm and any other things you may require. Interest rates are very low so don't be afraid to go a bit beyond. For example, you should consider buying a truck as well."

Jill's smile was so bright it could have lit up a room as she heard what was being said. "Well, all of that sounds really good. I think I'll wait until Ben grandparents move out before making an evaluation of the property, but I can make a list of equipment I need right now. Once I have everything priced and evaluated I'll make an appointment with you Mr. Jones."

Jerry laughed and said, "Call me Jerry, okay? You're practically my second daughter!"

My grandparents found a place right away, so Jill was able to move on things pretty quickly. We all decided that she and Max should live in the house and create her clinic in one of the out buildings. We had engineers and architects evaluate the buildings and what Jill wanted to do with them. Then the actual work began and after around 6 months, Dr. Jill Edison DVM was in business.

Because Max and Jill had moved out to the farm, Lori and I had the lake cottage to ourselves again. Despite how much we loved Jill and Max, we really relished being by ourselves. We had been home for nearly 9 months now and our medical practice was running like a well-oiled machine. We had hired several nurses to share the work load as scribes and nurses.

One Saturday, during July as we sat out on the pier having our breakfast, Lori turned to me and said, "I think it's time to start having children. In three months you'll be 30 and I'll be 30 in 5 months. So, what do you think?"

I stood, picked Lori up in my arms and began walking to the house as I said, "I think that's a brilliant idea. Just be prepared that it can take a while to get pregnant, so don't panic if it doesn't happen right away."

As I carried her up the steps, Lori was smiling from ear to ear and asked, "So this is one of those carry me moments, huh?"

I laughed and said, "You know it. I decided we needed to practice as much as possible for the main event!"

Lori laughed and said, "You'll use any excuse to get me in the sack, you old horndog!"

"Damn right! Now Missy, prepare yourself for the fucking of your life."

I could smell Lori's sex as I carried her, so I knew she was as horny as I was and was ready for anything I could give her. So, I threw her on the bed, crawled between her legs and rammed my cock home and began fucking her with everything I had. As always, I just loved having sex with my wife and was ready for a marathon when I heard a call for help!

I stopped what I was doing and the both of us sat up at full attention trying to ascertain where the call for help was coming from. We heard it again and knew it was coming from the water, so we both dashed out of our house down to the pier and saw a woman standing on a boat calling out. I called out, "What's the problem?"

"I think my husband is having a heart attack!"

"Can you drive the boat over here? I'm a doctor and I can help!"

"Oh god, I don't know how the stupid thing works!"

I could hear that it was running so I said, sit in the driver's seat, push the lever to your right until you start moving and use the steering wheel and aim for the little beach next to our pier. Okay?"

The woman did as I said and got going a little faster than I wanted, but she was still okay. Lori and I, still naked, ran back down the pier towards the house. I told Lori to run and grab my doctor bag and that I would evaluate the patient. When we got to the end of the pier, Lori ran for the house and I ran for the boat. The boat hit the beach just as I got there, so I hopped in and did a quick check of the man. He was about my Dad's age and overweight and I could detect the smell of alcohol and tobacco on him. I checked his pulse and breathing and detected a very low pulse rate and very shallow breathing, so I began administering CPR. I pumped his chest several times and then blew into his mouth a couple of beats and then began pumping his chest again.

Very quickly, Lori showed up with my bag, so I told her I needed the portable defibrillator. She quickly got it ready while I continued with chest compressions. When she had it ready, I stripped the man's shirt off of him, took the paddles and hit him with the first shock. Lori had handed me my stethoscope as I handed her the paddles and gave his heart a listen. It wasn't beating as it should, so I gave him a second jolt and then hit him with an injection of adrenaline and gave his heart another listen.

His heart was sounding better and our guy began moaning. Lori and I were still naked, so I asked the woman if she had a cell phone. She said she did, so I told her to dial 911 and then hand the phone to me. When the operator came online I said, "This is Dr. Ben Lawrence, I'm with a mid 40's aged man who has just had a cardiac issue and we need an ambulance here stat! The address is 4242 Spider Lake Rd. I performed CPR and when that didn't work gave him 2 jolts from the defib and 30 cc's of adrenaline. He has stabilized, but needs to be rushed to a hospital. I'll stay on the line until the ambulance arrives."

I turned to Lori and said, "Why don't you run up to the house and get dressed and then bring me some shorts and a t-shirt." She smiled, kissed my forehead and skipped off to the house. I could see the woman was pretty worried, so I said, "He's out of danger for the moment, but he needs to have a bunch of tests done to determine what the cause of this was and how to fix it. My guess he has some blocked arteries around his heart and will require bypass surgery, but that's just a guess. A cardiologist will determine what happened and what the next step will be. My name is Ben, by the way."

The woman smiled at me and said, "I'm Isabel and his name is Carl. Thank you so much for your help."

"We were happy to help. Now I need to make sure Carl stays with us." I yelled, "CARL! CARL!" He opened his eyes and looked up at me, so I said, "You're going to be alright. I'm a doctor and we're waiting for an ambulance to take you to the hospital. I'm going to check your heart rate again, so I want you to relax and breathe normally, okay?"

Carl nodded so I listened to his heart and breathing. His breathing was a bit labored, but he seemed okay and wasn't going to have another incident. After a bit, Lori returned dressed in shorts and a t-shirt and handed me the same things.

As I got dressed, I introduced Lori to Isabel and Carl. After a few minutes, Isabel asked, "Uh, I hope you don't mind my asking, but why were you two naked?"

Lori giggled and then said, "Well, we own this cottage and it's pretty secluded, so we just like running around in the nude." I was very happy she didn't tell Isabel about how we were about to have sex!

Lori could see that Isabel was pretty upset, so she started talking to her to take her mind off of her husband. They talked about families and how Isabel and Carl just moved to the area. I then told Lori that we should pull the boat further up the beach so the EMT's could get Carl out a little easier.

Once we did that, I knelt down next to Carl again and saw that he was shivering despite it being in the 80's out, so I asked Lori to run up to the house to fetch a blanket and to run it in the dryer for a few minutes so it was toasty warm. Lori took Isabel along with her to keep her occupied.

I turned my attention back to Carl and asked, "How are you doing? I'm sorry the ambulance is taking so long, but we do live a fair way from town."

Carl replied, "I'm feeling better, just a bit cold."

I smiled and said, "I have warm blankets on the way. So, what do you do and where did you live before moving here?"

"We lived in Chicago and I worked as a money market manager for Dewey, Cheatham and Howe down on State St. We decided to move here because of my job stress. I thought getting away from there would prevent this shit."

I chuckled and said, "Years of abuse to your system of bad food, long hard work hours, being overweight with too much drinking and smoking has all conspired to bring you to this point. Your heart has sent you a warning, so it's up to you to now do something about it. Now depending how your tests go, I'm guessing you'll be having bypass surgery. You'll feel like a new man once you recover, but you'll need to lose 40 to 50 pounds and build up your cardio/pulmonary system with exercise and you'll need to eat a less meat centric diet. If you do these things you'll live a good long time...just watch out for anvils falling from the sky!"

Carl chuckled and said, "Yeah, those anvils will get you every time. Thanks doctor, I like you. Are you open to new patients?"

"Yes we are. We'll never turn anyone away." I could hear the siren coming up our road, so I said. "Okay Carl, the ambulance is almost here. It may be a bit awkward for the EMT's to get you out of the boat, so, if you don't mind, I think it would be easier for me to lift you out and place you on the gurney, okay?"

Carl looked at me and asked, "You honestly think you could lift me up?"

I laughed and said, "Piece of cake! I was throwing bales of hay and bags of oats when I was 10 years old."

When the ambulance arrived, Lori guided them towards where we were in the boat. They had backed into our backyard and quickly maneuvered the gurney down to the beach. When they were ready I said, "Thanks for getting here so quick fellas. I'll just lift Carl out of the boat and onto the gurney." I looked at Carl and asked, "Are you ready?" He nodded so I lifted him into my arms, stepped over the side of the boat onto the sand and then laid him gently onto the gurney.

As the EMT's strapped him in, Carl said, "Thanks for saving my life doctor."

I smiled and said, "It's my job and I was happy to do it. We'll follow in our truck and bring Isabel so the EMT's can concentrate on you, okay?" Carl nodded and when I looked at his wife, she nodded as well. As they moved Carl to the ambulance I told them everything I did.

As the EMT's closed their doors, Lori handed me my wallet, keys and doctor bag, smiled and said let's get going. I hugged her and said, "I owe you a rain check!" She laughed and then turned and took Isabel's hand and led her to our truck. Lori told Isabel to sit in the front and then she climbed into the back seat.

As I drove Lori and I explained to Isabel what would happen at the hospital. She had their insurance info in her purse that she had brought with her on the boat, so that was good. I told her that it would be a long day and that I would keep an eye on things and keep her informed. When we arrived at the ER we led her to the desk and I said, "This is Isabel..." it dawned on me that I didn't know their last name, so she interjected, 'Marks, spelled M-a-r-k-s'. I continued, "Her husband Carl Marks..." I looked at Isabel and she shrugged her shoulders, so I smiled and said, "Was just brought in by ambulance. I'm doctor Ben Lawrence and administered to him when he was hit with his heart attack. Please do all you can to assist her. I'll leave her in your good hands."

Kalavo
Kalavo
826 Followers