All Comments on 'Lost Girl'

by jhealy55

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AardieAardie3 months ago

? Where was the sci-fi? It seems like the guy roofied her.

jocko_smithjocko_smith3 months ago

Is this a part 1 ? Because it completely lost me.

VersatekVersatek3 months ago

Do I tell the confused, or let them figure it out?

The latter, I think. I believe they missed the hook.

NorthernCardinalNorthernCardinal3 months ago

Great story! Is there more?

Campus77Campus773 months ago

I don't understand where this story is going. I expect a second chapter to explain.

Teacher44Teacher443 months ago

I am not sure of the point. Sorry, but a 750 word story still has a beginning, middle, and an end. This doesn't even get to a middle.

jhealy55jhealy553 months agoAuthor

Apologies to all who were confused.

This was more of an experiment, inspired by a post to a message board the other day that made no sense to any of us.

So it was an attempt in a compact format to tell a much bigger story that the reader would need to put together through the details. Once you 'see' it at the end, you're meant to reread it and enjoy it as much, if not more, than the first time, as by then it will be quite obvious what's happened to her.

I won't spoil it for those who want to piece it together for themselves, but:

The names of places and streets are VERY specific. The precinct is in midtown Manhattan, not far from Times Square. Where's the pub?

The time showing on the psychologist's phone elicits a reaction from the girl. When did she say she left the pub?

The main character's last name is extraordinarily important (and recognizable to many due to the famous story in which her ancestor appears)

It's in the 'fantasy/sci fi' section and there's no sci fi element, so the only explanation for her circumstance must have a fantastical element for it to all make sense.

I hope that helps many of you get full value.

LitCritLitCrit3 months ago

Fun, but a bit obscure. For the readers unacquainted with SF, and especially Fantasy, the fae clues will go right over their heads. Definitely needs more than 750 words to get the point across to the average Literotica reader. Brave attempt, but too restricted by your (artificial) word limit. Expand it to a decent length and you'll have a winner.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Rather brilliant! The location names and time difference might make it easier for a Brit to catch on, but her last name is a dead giveaway. Went back and reread it almost immediately. Made it even better knowing the secret the second time around!

RomanceLivesRomanceLives3 months ago

!!!!! Loved it !!!!!

CoucyCoucy3 months ago

He's Peter Pan.

RomanceLivesRomanceLives3 months ago

@Versatek I see what you did there. MMLOL

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yeah, what LitCrit said. Sorry, I'm too uninformed to make sense of this--but I'm intrigued by the premise.

So--More Please.

MLJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjhealy55@jhealy55
Posted four very different stories this month based on the 750 Word Challenge. Please take the time to read (won't take long) and upvote if you enjoy them! Still working on some longer projects, which may/may not get placed here. Appreciate all the support you've given my s...