Love & Lattes - A Bunny's Bounty Ep. 07

Story Info
Final Episode: A Bunny's Bounty.
11.7k words
4.83
3.8k
8

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/09/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader~

If this is your first visit to L&L: A Bunny's bounty, I strongly recommend starting from episode one to get the best experience.

Take your time, I'll wait for you to catch up. :3

And with that out of the way...

My lovely reader, we've reached the finale of this particular story. I know it's not the epic sweeping tales you may have come to expect from me, but a short and sweet romance isn't so bad, yes? (70k+ words is short? What have I done to myself?)

Karen has some long overdue business to settle with a certain fox, and I'd say she's eager to get to it. Of course her wolf will be with her every step of the way, like a true dog in shining armor.

This is a big episode but there's a lot to see and fit in with this one. Ah not to worry though, I'll fit a bit of sex in, along with some romance, even a little combat. Oh yes, it'll have it all~

Alright, let's get started with the final episode and jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 7:

A Bunny's Bounty

A few more weeks passed before Keys contacted Isaac once again about what they had spoken of. The wolf was sitting cross-legged on the mat in his training room wearing his gi. Karen was at work so he was alone in the house.

"So as I said, these are temporary permits, Isaac. They will only last about six months." Keys spoke to him through the phone, typing away at their keyboard.

"Got it, but it will suffice for an extradition and proper citizens arrest, yeah?" There was a slight pant in the wolf's voice, he had been in the middle of some intense movements when Keys called him.

More silence and typing, then Keys answered, "I only work with a few dozen bail bondsmen every day, Isaac. I think I would know my way around the bounty hunting trade."

"Apologies, I don't doubt you. Just concerned since Karen is involved directly now." He huffed the words trying to sound sincere as to not rile up his informant.

"It's an interesting turn of events, but from an outside perspective, I find it... appropriate. Rare is the damsel that slays the dragon herself instead of waiting on the white knight to do it," The informant muses the words through the speaker.

Isaac grins wide at the words, "Yeah that sounds about like her."

"Make sure you contact the local authorities as this goes down. You don't want to be arrested for kidnapping. Also don't turn over custody of the perp to them, if you don't return him to the point of origin where the warrant was issued, you may lose your payday," Keys spoke the words with practiced pace as if they had said them a hundred times, all the while typing away.

"Got it, we aren't in it for a payday but what's this guy's price worth anyway?" Isaac asked the words curiously.

"Hmm... the state issued a general five thousand for him upon initial flight. So not much... considering the time and investment you've already put into him, you won't even break even." Isaac shrugged at the words while Keys spoke them.

"That's okay, this isn't about the money," Isaac spoke the words as he climbed to his footpads and moved over to the closet mirror looking himself over in his gi.

"Obviously not," Keys quickly responded while typing with a little more aggravation. "I'm going to the registry and posting an official request for the bounty to be re-instituted. The state should have it live within forty-eight hours."

Isaac flicked his ears sensing the irritation in their voice, "Keys, man, you okay?"

More typing as the informant just kept speaking without missing a beat, "I would recommend you and Karen be on your way there within eight hours of the deadline. This guy would be a juicy target for a small-time group if they caught wind of him."

"Keys!" Isaac barked into the phone.

Silence, even the typing stopped. After a few moments, they came back with, "I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine, man." Isaac let the concern show in his voice, "It's not like you to have an edge."

"It's not like me to get so involved in my client's personal bullshit either, is it?" Keys snapped back pointedly.

"F-fair... for what it's worth. You have no ide-"

"Stop." Keys interrupted his words and the wolf grew silent. More typing then finally a sigh, "I know exactly how much I helped, and how little I did as well. I try to be disconnected from as much of this shit as possible, you know? I see rape and murder cases on a daily basis, along with cheating spouses, kidnappings, lost kits... you name it."

Isaac grew silent, he had an idea. He had several infidelity cases he had done in the past along with a few missing children.

A long bout of silence and then a question, "How serious are you guys now?"

The dog quirked an ear in confusion, not sure how to respond. It wasn't that the question threw him off, it was just the first time Keys had ever asked him something so directly personal. Isaac gave it some thought and spoke up, "Very... I told her once this is over, I wanted her to move in with me."

A little more silence on the phone then another question, "Do you love her?"

"I do," Isaac answered it with no hesitation at all.

"Hmm... Do you see, Hazel in her?"

So many personal questions at once, Isaac shook his head before huffing out softly, "I... do not. No... from time to time she may say something or do something that reminds me of my ex-wife, but Karen is a very different woman. I'm not trying to replace her, Karen isn't a substitute. Truth be told I figured I was going to be alone for the rest of the game. Maybe an occasional one-nighter, but never see love again."

More silence then a soft brief laugh, "Ha... good for you Isaac. You cherish that rabbit. Hold on tight to her and never let her go..." Keys cleared their throat and their voice seemed to slide back into business mode. "Forty-eight hours. Don't rough him up too much either. I know it's tempting, but if he comes in needing to go straight to the hospital, it's going to cause problems and could even jeopardize any convictions sticking. Do you understand?"

Isaac blushed, listening to the words, hearing him being told to cherish her and never let her go. He had to flick his ears and focus once Keys went back into serious talk, "Y-yeah, I got it."

"Tell Karen all this shit too, puppy. She tears him apart and puts him in the ICU, she can kiss any justice for herself goodbye and will probably buy herself an assault charge or three!" Keys fussed the words like telling a child not to play in the street.

"Right! I got it, I got it!" Isaac responded to the words as if responding to a drill sergeant.

"Good dog. I will contact you after you officially take him in. Happy hunting." Keys sounded a little chipper at the last part and the call disconnected.

"'Good dog'... you son of a bitch..." Isaac grinned as he set the phone back on the table and returned to his practice.

"I would have preferred a little more warning, but I guess that's the nature of the buisness," Karen spoke the words after chomping down the last few bites of her food.

Isaac stood and took both their plates to the kitchen and looked at her from the sink while washing them, "Yeah, sorry Angel, but we need to pretty much be on the road in the next day and a half."

Karen gave a grin before hopping up and sauntering into the kitchen with her wolf. "Good, I can't wait to see Jeremy again. Oh, we have so much catching up to do, him and I." She cooed the words playfully, cracking her knuckles.

"Oh, right. Keys told me to warn you about something. Don't rough him up too much or we could have major complications with turning him over," Isaac spoke the words as gently as he could while looking at her out of the corner of his eye.

The rabbit grumbled and leaned against the refrigerator. "Yeah yeah... I won't break any bones or leave any scars..." She really did sound disappointed at the notion.

"Ha... you're a paragon of restraint and grace, my love." The wolf spoke the words in a loving tone, drying his handpaws off on a towel before walking over and pecking her lips with a quick kiss.

Karen gave the dog a grin and grabbed his collar pulling him down, not satisfied with the quick little peck, and shoved her muzzle hard to his own in a hungry deep kiss. The wolf growled against her mouth, his left handpaw finding her rear and pulling her body into his own, feeling her breasts push into him. His other paw slid through her soft dark hair and brushed against her flicking ear.

They held the kiss for several moments before Isaac pulled from her mouth and gave her a childish grin. "By the way, I got you something... I was waiting till we got the word to give it to you."

Karen perked her ears and held out her left handpaw with a grin, "Ah did you get me a ring, Isaac? Are you going to take a knee here in the kitchen and propose?" She spoke the words in a playful sing-song tone of voice.

The dog blushed darkly under his fur at the words and then huffed, "Y-you don't strike me as the marriage type, Karen." He cracked a small grin across his muzzle at her, putting a paw on his hip.

"Only if you're in the dress, Honey," She huffed the words and pushed her left paw to his chest, leaning in as he leaned down for her as she kissed his mouth quickly once more.

"Well now that I know your expectations, I know what to plan for." The dog grinned and trotted out of the room.

When he came back with a large paper-wrapped package, Karen was sitting on the sofa in the den waiting for him. She gave him a smile that turned into a grin. "Is that my dress?"

"I thought I was wearing the dress?" The dog snorted the words and tossed the wrapped package onto the coffee table with a heavy thump.

"Ha... you know I'm not sure what I would do if you actually took a knee and tried..." She blushed and looked away, grinning before pressing a palm to her own cheek, feeling it warm to her touch.

The wolf's ears perked up and his heart thumped heavily before he shook his head and growled, "S-stop fucking with me about that..."

Karen cut her bright emerald eyes towards his icy blue ones and gave a gentle timid smile but said nothing. Isaac felt his heart shove straight into his throat before he swallowed it back down. "Tch... J-just open the damn package already!" He growled the words, his voice cracking slightly.

"Yes, Honey..." She cooed the words lovingly and sat up grabbing the brown paper and tearing it away eagerly. It wasn't a dress but it was a garment. A heavy duster jacket mimicking his own. "W-wait... this is just like yours..."

Isaac nodded and grinned proudly before speaking, "Yep. I had the guy that made mine make you a custom one sized to your own body type!"

"That... had to be expensive, Honey..." Karen looked up at him with concern in her eyes but was already pulling it out to try it on.

The wolf shrugged at the statement, "I want you to be safe when I'm not around. I never spend my money so it's no big. Worth it even if it protects you once."

Karen bit her lip listening to him and shook her head, her large ears flopping slightly while she pulled the duster on. She quickly moved to the mirror and looked it over, it came down to her knees, just like his did on him. The material was heavy but soft and warm to wear but seemed to breathe well. She turned and saw it even had an opening for her little mocha tail to poke out where the material parted slightly. "Ha... it feels good... I gotta get used to the weight, but I love it!"

She grinned and turned to the wolf who was standing before her smiling at her. "It's got a holster sewn into the back like mine does, so if you ever decide to get a concealed carry, you're all set to go."

Karen reached into the back flap of the coat behind herself to feel the indentation of the leather sleeve and strap he spoke of. The pockets felt heavy so she moved her handpaws into them curiously. She had stolen his jacket on more than a few dates so she was aware of where the pockets and such were.

"Ah yes, I went ahead and included a few things, just some simple no-frills protection items. Pepper spray, a retractable baton, a taser, and even some brass knuckles." The wolf huffed the words proudly then watched her fish through her pockets pulling out the various items and sizing them up before putting them back.

"This is so cool!" Karen piped out the words like a little kid getting what they wanted for the holidays. She turned to look in the mirror again, huffing at herself and enjoying how tough she looked in it. "I should take up smoking and get a fedora so I can look like a mobster!"

Isaac laughed and stepped over to her looking down upon her in the mirror, "Please don't, I prefer your mouth not taste like an ashtray."

Karen grinned up at him flicking her ears down, "Okay but what about the fedora? Also, I need a Tommy gun!"

The wolf smiled cheerfully, "I'm glad you're so happy with it..."

"I am! It's really... just... cool!" Karen grinned again looking at herself in the mirror again and puffed her chest out before shoving her handpaws into the side pockets to look at herself in that position. Her ears lifted up feeling something in the left pocket and pulled it out, it was a small box with a lid on it, the kind that jewelry came in. The rabbit felt her breath stop as she looked at it.

"Oh, that. Right, I almost forgot." Isaac gingerly plucked the box from the rabbit's paw and took a knee in front of her. Karen felt her chest tighten and her heart race, her ears erratically flicking about.

"Y-you... y-you're not..." She huffed the words as the wolf opened the lid of the box, there was a ring in it, a small silver one with an emerald set in it, the same color as her eyes.

Isaac grinned and wagged his tail as he took the ring out and slid it over her fourth finger. Karen let out a soft squeak of a gasp at the gesture, her face blushing furiously under her fur. Her heart pounded in her ears and her knees felt like they would buckle under the weight of the duster she wore, her handpaw trembling.

The wolf kissed the top of her handpaw and looked up at her with a bright grin across his muzzle and flicked his heavy tail a few times. "Karen you make me so happy, and a wolf a hundred times better than I would ever be without you in my life."

Her eyes grew wet, her vision blurred and she felt a sob start to spill forth before the wolf gave her a playful grin. "Oh, but I didn't want to just get you a jacket, so I bought you a nice ring too. No symbology behind it, just something pretty for my bunny." He spoke the words in a playful huff.

Karen's eyes widened at the tone and she growled and pounced on top of the dog knocking him onto his butt and pushing him down onto his back. "Y-you... mother... fucker!" She huffed the words with tears showing in her eyes, biting her lower lip and flicking her tail furiously.

Isaac grinned up at her and bit his own lip, "But... if you want to leave it on the finger... I won't mind... I can get one to wear as well..."

Karen let out a ragged shaky breath before slumping down on top of her wolf. She gently nuzzled his chest and then saw Isaac shove his left handpaw into his pocket and muss around in it for a moment before withdrawing it with a similar silver band on his fourth finger, but the gemstone was a deep blue aquamarine.

She glared at him furiously her cheeks full-on red. "Y-you really did mean it! Are you crazy?!"

"I am... I lost my mind the night I saw you..." The dog spoke the words casually and blinked up at the rabbit with a smile, his own eyes a little misty looking. "Don't think on it too hard, Just think of it as us laying claim on one another more thoroughly than hickies on our throats, mm?"

The rabbit shook her head then snorted out a soft laugh, looking at her ring and then his. "D-dumb dog... I guess I lost my mind that night too... because it makes me really happy... Yeah, you can claim me... I'm happy to be yours and... happy to take you as mine."

The wolf and rabbit embraced and kissed fervently together, both their tails happily wagging about. Several moments pass with both of their paws tangled in the other's hair, their tongues gently flicking and rolling against one another's before Karen finally pulls back from the kiss to grin down at her dog proudly.

"So does this..." She holds her handpaw up showing off the ring. "... mean you are confident on your decision that I should move in with you once this is settled?"

The wolf blinks up at the rabbit and nods, "Not a shred of doubt in my mind, I want you with me always..."

"To want a bitchy and moody rabbit like me living with you? You, are insane!" Karen giggled the words and sighed happily, leaning down pecking his lips with a gentle kiss before sliding off his chest to stand. "Or a masochist, I'm not sure which..."

Isaac grins and picks himself up off the floor before moving over to Karen. He gently moves a handpaw to her head, stroking the back of her hair and ears before pulling her body against his. Karen hugged him tightly shoving her face into his chest, enjoying his scent and warmth while he petted her.

"We've got a lot of planning and prep work to do, Angel..." He huffed the words down into her ears softly while stroking them.

Karen just shook her head while hugging him. "Later... just pet me and let me love you for a little longer." She huffed the words against his shirt in a demanding tone of voice.

The wolf smiled and held her closer, his heavy crimson tail lazy in its sway while he stroked her head. They stayed like that for a while, just holding one another, enjoying each other's warmth, scent, and heat.

"I hated to dump those shifts on Crystal last minute, but she seemed to understand since I never take days off or vacation time," Karen spoke the words while looking out the passenger window at the darkness of the night, open fields, and starry skies stretched forth.

Isaac gave a heavy yawn before nodding and cutting his eyes to her while driving, she had one booted footpaw propped against the dash, her elbow resting on her bent knee. They had been driving for around five hours and were still an hour out, "So diligent, never took vacations at all?"

Karen shrugged, then looked over at her wolf and gave him a smile. "Never had a reason to go do anything, well until now."

The wolf grinned showing his sharp canines looking at her for a moment before reaching a paw out and resting it upon her inner thigh. Karen happily hugged his arm up, leaning as close to her lover as her seatbelt allowed.

Several minutes passed like that before she broke the silence, opening her eyes to look out at the road in front of them, "So... we crash at a motel, then do this in the afternoon?"

Isaac nodded before responding, "I don't foresee much issue but better to do this after he comes in from work, he will be tired from the day and less capable of putting up a fight or fleeing."

Karen grinned and popped her knuckles, "Oh I pray he puts up a fight..."

Isaac snorted a huff through his nose, "Karen... remember what-"

"I know, I know! I won't tear him apart!" She quickly groaned the words while rolling her eyes.

"Sorry Angel... I can only imagine..." He squeezed her leg gently and tried to give her a reassuring smile.

"It's fine, really. I will be cool." She nodded, trying to convince herself as much as him with the words.

Isaac took a few minutes before continuing, "The other reason for the afternoon... Is I want to transport him back in the evening hours under the cover of darkness. The windows are tinted, but I would rather not have him making a fuss with a large group of onlookers at say a gas station or rest stop."