Love & War

Story Info
A werewolf finds his true mate.
1.8k words
4.28
7.7k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Meridon was deep in the forest. It was dark and the trees were thick. She was deeper than she'd ever been before, still that's what it meant to be a grad student. At twenty, she was the youngest. That's probably why she got the shitest jobs. Still, her intern job as a park ranger was cataloging what species of trees lived in this part of the forest.

Little did she know, but as she was cataloging what types of trees lived out in this part of the forest a pair of eyes were watching her. What was she doing here? Humans never strayed this deep into his forest. She was so young too. For now, he'd watch her. Shadow told himself that he was keeping her safe. Even then he knew he was lying to himself.

Earlier that evening, Shadow realized he needed air. There were just too many people in this cabin; it was supposed to be his cabin but here everyone was. Shadow longed for solitude. He wanted a place where he could hear his thoughts. There were too many of them crowded in. Shadow grabbed his jacket and stepped out into the cold. Not that it bothered him, he was used to it. He just wasn't used to others. He wanted a place where he could just be.

Since the others had arrived he did this often, going out in the night to clear his head. Shadow was more of himself in the darkness. By himself, there was no one to ask questions. In his solitude he had his memories. He had his past and it was both happy and tragic. He could just be.

Yet, the winds from the mountains were strong today and they swept his body. He did not shiver from it. He began to run, his lungs filled with air as the wind whipped his shoulder length black hair.

Shadow watched the woman as she cataloged the trees. He was well hidden in the thicket. Human women had changed since he had last seen them. She was wearing jean pants and a heavy sweater. Despite the fact that she was wearing "men's clothes'' the outfit suited her. Shadow saw her long honey colored hair was in a tight pony tail. It made him itch to run his fingers through it. Her hair should flow loosely over her back so that it could catch in the wind.

Just for a second, he felt doubt. He knew despite modern times, stories of how dangerous werewolves were still persisted. They kidnapped maidens and took advantage of them. They stole and did all manner of unspeakable things. If humans only listened to the song of the woods which they'd forgotten, humans would learn that nothing could be further from the truth.

But one thing was true about werewolves. They captured their maidens, like this woman who had strayed far into the woods. They captured them to take as their true mates. True mates were lovers, they were paired for life.

Shadow charged forward, intent upon his target. This woman, his true mate, would be his. A twig snapped, Meridon barely had time to react to the stranger. As soon as she looked up, she saw a man charging towards her. He was larger than any person she'd seen before. Yet, he had muscled broad shoulders and fine thick hair. Her desire for the man and her instinct to run came to her in a second. Meridon turned to flee. It was to late. Shadow was her caught in his arms.

In an attempt to calm Meridon, Shadow was in his human form. Shadow was surprised at how fast his decision to take Meridon had come to him. It had been like lightening cracking. But, it was to late to go back. He was sure that she was his true mate. He wouldn't put her down or let her go. Now the small woman was in his arms. She was fighting. Despite her protests, Shadow still kept a firm grip on the woman. He was going to keep his werewolf side a secret for now. He had no intent on letting her go.

Meridon was still screaming. Although it was in vain. There were no other humans for miles. Still, she instinctively fought. No one was going to kidnap her.

Meridon was in shock. The woods below the mountain were supposed to be deserted. It was typical that her professor was wrong. He was a chauvinistic idiot. A stranger was attacking her deep in the woods. Who was he? How did he get here? Why hadn't she paid more attention in her that self defense class? Meridon had dropped her cataloging notepad and she pummeled him with her fists. But, her fight was in vain.

"Quite. "Shadow ordered. His voice was so deep it made her shiver. Fear shot through her. She'd hear the stories of women being taken captive by strangers, never to be seen again. Raped and then killed, or so the stories said.

"Don't hurt me." Her voice shook with fear and she hated it. "Please, let me go!"

"I won't hurt you, woman." Shadow said. He meant it to be comforting. He was sure that the woman would understand sooner or later. He was her true mate. She'd come to love him. "Let me go?" Meridon asked again. She continued striking him. Meridon was starting to understand that her battle was in vain. He was just too strong.

Not wanting to take her back to his cabin, where everyone would ask questions. He took her to a pleasant groove he knew. It had a small stream, beds of flowers and opened to the night sky. Shadow laid her down in the violet bed.

Meridon made a dash for the woods as soon as she fell to the ground.

"It's no good woman. You don't know where you're going in the black woods. There are a lot more dangerous creatures than me out there. Don't make me tie you up. That will do us both no good. Now it's cold out. I'm going to start a fire. Why don't you join me by it?" Shadow questioned. He knew Meridon must be frighten. He was trying to be kind.

Meridon hesitated. He'd kidnapped her. He'd taken her away from everything she knew. He was some kind of psychotic person. Still, he was right. It was cold. She had no idea where she was. The forest was dark and deep. He'd be sure to catch her. Meridon wished she had some kind of weapon. But, for now she had nothing. She'd just have to pander to this weirdo until she could figure out an escape.

Shadow had been gathering tinder for the fire and now it emanated a little warmth. "Come sit woman, don't make me tie you." said Shadow. A hint of a warning had crept into his voice. Meridon knew she should run. She should run. She should run. Still, the man was there smiling. Despite, everything there was kindness in his eyes. Meridon went back to him. The woods were dark and deep.

Shadow had pulled two cups and some dried meat and vegetables out of his knapsack. It made a rudimentary stew. But, at least it was hot and something to eat. He passed Meridon a cup.

"It's terrible, I'm not much of a cook in the wilderness...well not much of a cook in general but it's warm. Please eat. It's not poisoned." stated Shadow. He took some for himself. He wasn't much of a cook but how was this woman? Would she be cooking for him someday soon?

Meridon trepidatiously took the cup. She watched dubiously as Shadow ate from the same pot. When he didn't kneel over dead, Meridon took a tiny bite.

"I'm Shadow by the way." stated Shadow with his mouth full. Apart from his unwanted guests, whom he resented, he'd been on his own for a long time and his table manners were lacking to say the least. Still, he wanted to talk to this woman. His true mate and he hoped that she'd talk to him. Shadow had always been a loner. He wasn't good at conversation. How would this woman react to him...he had terrified her after all. But, she had to forgive him. she was his true mate.

"Meridon." stated Meridon briskly as she hunched up and drew closer to the fire. She was wondering what she could do to pacify this weirdo. What could she do or say to make him let her go?

"What were you doing so deep, in the woods Meridon? Humans normally don't come out this way." said Shadow. He was glad that he had found her. What if a more dangerous creature had discovered his true mate? Shadow was glad that he was there to protect Meridon.

"I'm a grad student and I was out here cataloging trees for my PhD. What do you mean humans? We're both humans!" Shadow smiled a mysterious small dark smile and a shiver, not from the cold, passed through Meridon.

"Right now, we're both humans. You seem kind and I seem nice but we all have a dual nature. Don't we? Our human side and our animal side are always arguing. It's hard to keep one at bay. Do you know what I mean, Meridon?" questioned Shadow. He hoped she did. It was so hard for him to be polite and keep his human form.

Shadow just wanted to throw himself on her. At long last, he'd found her. She was his true mate. She'd understand. But, for now he fought his wolf and was human.

Meridon just nodded and kept eating. She'd decided to pacify this weirdo until she could get rid of him. Navigation wasn't a specialty of hers but as a botanist she knew moss grew mostly on the north-side of trees. East and West came from the sun. Surely, with that knowledge she could find her way out of this black forest and back to the real world.

Shadow watched as the human woman finished up her dinner. He could tell that she didn't trust him. When would she trust him?

"Bedtime." he stated as she finished the last bit. "Shit!" Meridon thought to herself. Now that he had sorta gained her trust and Stockholm Syndrome was starting to settle in. Would he take advantage of her? She cuddled close to the fire as far from Shadow as possible. Shadow watched the small human woman as she still shivered in the cold.

"My coat." said Shadow. He threw his long coat around the woman. His wolf blood would keep him warm. Meridon lay by the fire for a long time until she was sure that Shadow was asleep.

By giving her the coat, Shadow had also given her a means of escape. Deep within one of it's many pockets was a hunting knife. Meridon rose and took a glance at the fire. She didn't know how far she'd get. Meridon just had to get a bit away. With the knife she was prepared for whatever lay within the black woods. She just had to get away from Shadow.