Love & War Ch. 02

Story Info
She leaves him...
2.1k words
4.11
3.2k
3

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shadow rolled over and glanced at the dying fire. He had known Meridon was going to make a run for it. He even planned on giving her a head start of a few miles. After Meridon had been alone in the chilly dark forest for a while, she'd be begging to be next to him by a warm fire. Perhaps, she'd even snuggle close to him in an embrace. He'd like that and hoped she would too. Meridon was his true mate after all. She belonged in his arms.

As she ran, navigating the ancient forest was harder than Meridon could imagine. The trees were thick and blocked her view of the sky. Tall boulders and fallen trees blocked her way numerous times. Still, Meridon stumbled on. She planned on being as far away from the psycho as she could when morning came. Then she could get back to her normal life and work on her PhD again. She'd try hard to forget this strange experience and the bewildering man who had snatched her.

Meridon was of two minds as she ran. Sure Shadow had kidnapped her but he'd also been kind. It had been an exciting, a bit frightening, experience in her otherwise monotonous life. He was something different in her tedious existence. School, work, crappy apartment, cleaning. That was all she did. Day after day.

But, Shadow was handsome. To her deep shame, Meridon had thoughts about him going down on her. Thoughts about being entwined in his muscular arms. She wanted to be protected by him. Meridon blushed and tried to shake these images from her head. They were so wrong. Meridon didn't even know the psycho. She didn't realize Stockholm Syndrome could set in so fast.

All these thoughts and the idea that Shadow might find her again, drove Meridon on. She wasn't sure where she was going. She only knew she was going away from Shadow. Still of two minds, Meridon also wanted to run back to Shadow and security. Then WHAM! She'd run into something (again). Meridon sighed as she picked herself up from the forest floor. She had run into a tree, disguised by the early morning mist.

Meridon looked at herself. This time her shoe had come undone and her knee was skinned. Blood trickeld down her leg. She had nothing to nurse it with.

Meridon stopped walking and slumped upon a large pine tree. She wanted to scream in pain and frustration. But, a part of her worried that the psycho might find her. If Shadow found her again, would he let her go?

Meridon looked around, it was starting to get light and she wasn't sure how far she'd gotten. Hopefully, it was far enough? Meridon just knew her legs were bleeding from where she'd fallen. Meridon had barely gotten any sleep and she was exhausted. She admitted to herself that she sucked at navigation. Meridon knew was utterly lost in the dark woods.

She was starting to regret leaving Shadow. But, she had an equal chance of finding him as she did getting out of this forest. She had her PhD to attend to. Publish or perish! Meridon would have to work twice as hard now that she'd lost her notes.

She jumped up at the sound of rustling leaves. What was coming towards her now? A hungry animal? Shadow? Was the hungry animal worse than Shadow? She strained to hear something -- anything -- a voice, a growl. But there was nothing.

"Is somebody there?" Meridon questioned. It was hard to see in the early morning light. Still, Meridon knew she had to face whatever came out of the woods. Meridon swallowed her fear. She drew Shadow's knife and asked again. Her hand shook as she lifted the dagger up, ready to stab anything that came forth.

" I know you're there so why don't you come out where I can see you." stated Meridon. She tried to say it bravely but her voice faltered.

For awhile, there was no noise. Just silence. But, Meridon was sure someone or something, other than rabbits, were out there. It was studying her.

"Shadow?" Meridon was afraid that it would be Shadow. But, she was even more afraid that it wouldn't be Shadow. What new terror could be out here in the deep forest?

There was a loud rustling and then footsteps sounded.

A strange man walked into her view. She was both relieved and saddened that it wasn't Shadow.

"I think you dropped your knapsack and notes." stated the man. He had a deep dark and booming voice. It resonated far. Meridon kept her knife close. There was something strange about this man. How had he come to be so far out in the forest? Why did he look like he'd just walked out of a Brooks Brothers?

"Lady, why don't you put down the knife. You're holding it wrong. You'll have to trust me. You won't kill anything holding the knife like that." stated the man. Meridon admitted to herself that he was enchanting. She did need to get back home. He seemed to know the woods. Maybe he would help her?

"Oh, I'm glad to see you. You wouldn't believe what's happened to me these past few days. I thought you were a wild animal. I was so scared, I thought -- well I don't know what I thought. Mostly, that you were him I suppose." Meridon lowered the blade but still clutched it. Meridon was still unsure about the stranger. She didn't want to fall out of the frying pan and into the fire.

"There's lots of frightening things deep in the woods. Sometimes, I can be frightening myself... are you going to be here for long?" questioned the man. He smirked and let out a small laugh that made the hairs on the back of Meridon's neck stand up.

He held up Meridon's notebook. "I couldn't help but read your notes on coniferous trees in this forest. They were quite compelling." He smiled at Meridon. Again, there was something disconcerting about his smile. Meridon just didn't know what it was.

"There's blackberries on a bush here. Would you like some?" he questioned as he gestured to the blackberry bush. "You must be hungry. You can have them for breakfast. There's nothing for miles out here."

"Thanks!" stated Meridon as she hesitantly picked a few berries off the bush. Sure the man was nice...but what the fuck was up? What was he doing out here in the forest? Why was he so casual and why were his clothes so clean? She was filthy and Shadow had been filthy. How had he found her notebook or even know it was hers?

Something was off. Meridon wanted to stay away from him even more than she'd wanted to stay away from Shadow but for now the man was all she had. He seemed kind. He seemed to know the way out of the forest.

Meridon stood away from the man eating the berries. She looked at him and he looked at her. Meridon was uncertain and afraid of what could happen.

More rustling came from behind, the man. Shadow appeared. Despite wanting to hate him. Meridon felt relieved. She wanted to run to him. Someone else, someone familiar was here. She was drawn to Shadow and felt he would protect her from the unknown.

Upon seeing Meridon, Shadow let out a shaky breath. Shadow, in wolf form, had been following her scent. Now he'd caught up to her. He was just so happy to see her, a great weight fell from his shoulders. He'd only known Meridon a few hours but he knew she was the one for him. His love for her was inexplicable, even he didn't understand it. If Meridon would only give him a chance to explain. He knew he could make her understand.

Shadow was just so glad to see her. The fear he'd felt of her possibly being captured by the darker residents of the woods had been overwhelming. Thoughts of her being raped, beaten, starved -- by the gods, he was grateful she was safe.

Shadow, still cloaked by the forest, wondered what he was going to do with her? She was still afraid of him. What would she think once she knew about the supernatural side of him? He could hardly go to her and throw her over his shoulder.

He would never lock her up. Shadow knew the stories of women who had trouble accepting their mates. He remembered his own mother, forever unhappy and abandoned by everyone in the wolf pack, apart from him, for her unforgivable crime.

Shadow, more than most werewolves, knew the troubles that could arise with true mates.

That was why he'd remained celibate for so long. The animalstic part of him wanted to march right in there and make love to her, possess her until she was soft and warm against him, signing his name in ecstasy. Just the thought made him hard. But, he stilled himself and drove his wolf down. He couldn't be like his father. That would be a disaster. For both him and Meridon.

Shadow cursed to himself as he watched Meridon from the dark. How could she not know the power she had over him. How could she not feel the magnetic desire between them? Just a single thought of her aroused him. Why did he have to be SO practical? Why couldn't he just storm in there and take what he wanted? Why couldn't he take what was his?

Knowing, she was still terrified of him and not wanting a situation like his mother. Shadow turned to go back to his cabin. He'll give her time, he decided. He could easily track Meridon. In a few days, she'd be elated to see him. He'd be her savior. That was when he caught a dreadful scent upon the wind. It was a smell he knew all too well.

He morphed into his human form and walked forward where he could be seen. Meridon gave a little gasp at his sudden appearance and took a step back. Shadow knew she was ready to flee. He stilled his wolf so he didn't leap after her. It was time to play the gentleman.

"Foromir" said Shadow coldly to the other man. Shadow had know Foromir his entire life, as had his entire pack. But, no one had ever figured out what Foromir was. Shadow knew Foromir had existed before the forest, before even the mountains and wind. He was some type of old dark god. One who brought nothing but destruction and trouble to all of those around them.

Upon seeing Foromir with Meridon, Shadow was angry at himself that he'd let Meridon stray. Now his true mate was in the clutches of Foromir. He was more dangerous than Meridon could imagine. Shadow was sure Foromir was even more dangerous than he could imagine.

Foromir was a formidable entity. Shadow had always ignored him before but now Foromir was his enemy. Foromir must have sensed what Shadow was thinking. He brought Meridon closer to him. Foromir kissed Meridon's knuckles and Shadow's blood boiled. He wanted Foromir's hand off his woman.

"You're probably still hungry Meridon. Have some more berries. Come to breakfast at my house and then we can get you home" Foromir picked some more berries and casually handed them to Meridon. She took them. Shadow couldn't help staring at her mouth as she ate the berries. He wanted her mouth entwined in his, kissing and oh so many other things.

Between Foromir and Meridon's actions, Shadow's wolf gained control for 1/2 a second. He let out a loud and low growl. It alarmed Meridon and Foromir shot Shadow a look. It was a smirk with a touch of triumph. In that small look, Shadow was sure that Foromir had won. But, he knew he couldn't let Foromir win. Meridon was his! Foromir smirked some more and Shadow wanted to rip his throat out.

Meridon sensed that there was a strange aura between these two. It made her nervous. She wanted to run, But, where? Meridon had to pick between the man who had kidnapped her and the stranger who had promised to lead her out of the woods.

"Shadow, we'll see you later then. So you were telling me about coniferous tree...tell me more while we walk." Foromir led Meridon away from Shadow. Shadow only grew angrier. It might have been his imagination but he saw Meridon toss him a sad smile as she walked deeper into the woods with Foromir.