Love in the Lockdown

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was so impressed I asked her if I could take a photo of her in that position with the string of beads in her arse.. She said I could but it would be with her phone and she would keep it for me. She did and on our first wedding anniversary she gave me a framed copy of it. If you look very closely at it you can just make out my cum on her reddened pussy lips.

Do I still have it? You bet, stashed away. Is my wife happy with it? Well no, but I think she secretly gets off on it herself.

That heralded a whole weekend where I got to know Fleur very, very well carnally.

I suppose I was spoiled but after a while I came to see our sex life as routine. Fleur always tried to be varied and give me a good time. She was very particular in teaching what she personally enjoyed. If there was one downside it was that I often wondered whether I was in love or in lust. Sex did dominate our relationship.

One time I asked her why she chose to have so many sex partners rather than settling for one or two sugar daddy types like many of her friends. I would have thought that would be safer. She just said she liked the challenge and stimulus of variety. Then her manner changed and she looked down." I did have one" she said, "But I don't want to talk about that right now."

A little alarm went off in my mind with that remark. I knew that there was an important story there but I was destined never to hear it from Fleur.

* * * * *

Back with my developing career in the police, an opportunity came up for a position at a small town, up country. As it was only a half hour drive from Dad's farm it was, like, my own stamping ground. It was coincidently an hour's drive from Fleur's Mum's farm on the flat river terraces closer to the sea. That was the farm that Fleur grew up on.

I am not sure that we thought this one through. We were fixated on the nostalgia for country life and the idealism of being close to nature. We had ideas about getting a bit of land. Fleur wanted to get back into horse riding. We talked about how great it would be bringing up kids in this environment so close to ski fields and biking tracks.

But we both had morphed into city people so there was an initial culture shock. Even though I was a probationary constable, as a cop I had a 24/7 standing in a place like this. We were suddenly aware of ourselves as being in a small pond. The first to go was our hand holding and random snogs.

Getting a job for Fleur turned out to be a bit of a mission. Fleur dressed a little differently than most women in town. Although she was not heavily into makeup she was fastidious about her appearance. Actually I didn't even know what colour her hair was, she changed it so often. Originally I thought she was a brunette but in the end I thought it may be more a blonde. She had bright blue violet eyes that looked incongruent with the dark hair. I thought blue eyes matched being blonde more. Staring at the roots at regular intervals didn't seem to help. I asked her but she just teased me with it.

Fleur finally decided that she should get a beauty fix back in the city once a month and we started doing that on a regular basis. Fleur and I also enjoyed visiting Dad as he had been getting pretty lonely without Mum and he was glad to see us regularly. Our only income and a probationary constable salary at that, although not bad, meant that we were not saving anything so the pressure was on for Fleur to get some kind of job. Getting a job for Fleur turned out to be not easy.

Fleur and I did join the local golf club. The fees were quite reasonable in this neck of the woods and the golf course was stunningly beautiful. It was also a good source of networking and Fleur spent many days of the week up there developing friendships. It was there she picked up a job.

She met the area boss for a major farm supplies outfit. The local branch was one of the biggest employers in town. It was quite large because there was little competition for miles. The bosses name was Simon Sinclair. Even though he was the area head he had based himself in this small town because he and his wife had a farm further up the road. He actually lived in town with his wife and family to be close to schools and suchlike and they had a manager on the farm. I had never met him but in a small town every one's business is known.

Fleur's job was to be his PA but it became more like his XO. I heard through the grapevine that the other staff were not happy about this as Fleur was not yet accepted as a bona fide local and she did not have much experience.

I have to say I was a bit unsettled by it; Simon had a bit of a reputation. What I heard was mainly hearsay because he and his family had not long shifted back into town from down south. The wife was thought of as a bit of a snob. She had her own wealthy farmer network. My father knew her parents from way back as Dad used to trial dogs with the old man when he was alive. Since he was Simon's wife's father I guess the farm must have actually been hers and nobody seemed to know much about that or where Simon originally hailed from. He was not a local by birth.

Initially Fleur seemed to be quite effusive about Simon. She was just so lucky to get the job but after a couple of weeks she went quiet about him. I guess I was naturally jealous. Fleur was developing her own life for the first time since we were married and here was this new man in her life that I had never met.

Being a cop meant that I got to know all the goss. I did see him around. He drove a late model and expensive Audi saloon so he was pretty conspicuous in a small town. I never met him socially with Fleur and he never introduced himself to me which I took as an affront. He seemed to be out of town a lot and that led to Fleur being an unofficial boss which got even further up the staff's nose.

I began to get very uneasy about this. It seemed too much responsibility for someone of her experience. I tried to talk to Fleur about it but she immediately accused me of being sexist and I was jealous of her getting on. She also elected to have her pay accredited to her own account. Since she tracked her account through her phone I did not even know how much she was receiving. She was retreating back into her old secretive behaviour.

She started the position at the beginning of January so by mid-march she was in quite a powerful position for a small town. It did not go unnoticed by my Senior Sergeant who actually asked me what was going on. I just told him I had no idea. I think he was thinking that something Illegal was going on. He then more or less told me it was my duty to rein her in which actually pissed me off. As I was out ranked I just had to suck it up. It did not do a lot for our home life but we were not arguing at least, just tip toing around one another.

Our sex life was still as good as ever. I guess we were in a routine now and sex is a bit like food. Some people like plain food and are happy to served up something simple but delicious day after day. Our sex was like an exotic cuisine. Hot and spicy, a little more variety perhaps but really pretty much the same routine day after day. We were both getting our nourishment so neither of us was complaining.

I did notice the return of her anxiety from when we first met up again at uni. I thought it could simply be the stress of a new job. I tried to discuss it with her but she appeared to be overly sensitive about it. There was nothing that made me think that Fleur was having a sexual affair with Simon but I did feel I needed to find out something about his motives. What do they say? Know thine enemy.

I was forced to come up with some initiative myself because neither Simon nor Fleur seem to want us together socially. For that end I planned to invite him with a couple of other friends for a round of golf.

It was about then that the news of the COVID-19 epidemic overseas was becoming serious and the Government was going to take some urgent action. For us internally in the Police force there was to be some kind of weeklong planning workshop or seminar at our regional headquarters directed by the regional commander for the area response. Nobody at our station was really taking it seriously so I got the job of going down for the week to district HQ.

I was to go down on the Sunday night. Fleur was quite relaxed about my going. She was, like everyone, worrying about the pandemic as there were already cases recorded in New Zealand. The government announced that there would be a four stage approach. We all just assumed that this would occur over a length of time; say a month depending on the spread.

When I got to quarters on the Sunday night it was announced that we were going to level 3 Monday and level 4 probably Wednesday. That was a shock and when we gathered on Monday it was announced that plans had changed. There would be a day and a half of briefing. Most of it by ZOOM from head office then we would return to our respective stations. The other staff at the stations would be given their instructions on line.

The day was intense so it was not until evening that I was able to call Fleur to say I would be arriving early but I couldn't get through. I left a message just asking her to call me but I did not hear back; I tried again in the morning with the same result.

I was not too perturbed about this mainly because I was busy and had so much to think about. The government had announced it was going to lock down to try and eliminate the virus completely from the nation.

I had travelled down with a couple cops from a station to the north of us so I travelled back with the same guys. The police are divided into districts; we had one centred on our station and the guys I was with operated in the adjacent district. We would be monitoring those essential services that had to cross between district boundaries.

Our own town was on the main axial highway and that meant a lot of essential truck traffic passed through. Only supermarkets and pharmacies were allowed to open under strict conditions. People were to retreat into bubbles. They could take walks once a day and go out for food or medicine but otherwise could not leave their bubble. They definitely would not be able to travel from one district or another unless they were an essential service.

This was phenomenal. The Government said, it was going hard and going early. We imagined it was not going to go down very well with the public and were wondering how we were going to police it. It was scary stuff. People working in hospitals were going to be separated from their families. We would be the same so I was thinking that Fleur should go to my Dad's and have her bubble there.

I got into home at three. There was no one there. I rang her cell and there was no answer. I called her land line at work and they said she had called in sick on Monday morning. They didn't know what was wrong. It turned out that Simon was not there either and had left for a trip up north on Sunday night to look at properties with the intention of opening another branch.

In view of the lockdown they were all wondering what they were going to do. They were actually beside themselves as they had no instruction about what they were supposed to do and had not been able to contact Simon. I said I would try and track down Fleur but suggested they should be getting their instructions from their head office and told them to urgently call there.

I called my father to see if Fleur had gone there by some chance. He said no. I told him of my plan to have him share his bubble with Fleur. He thanked me for the idea. He was looking forward to her coming down because he did not want to be on his own especially since we did not know how long this lockdown would last. I rung off, telling him I would track Fleur down somehow.

I had a think, then rang Simon's wife, Pamela. She confirmed he had gone up north on Sunday night. She did not expect him back until Friday. She sounded pissed off saying the stay seemed to be excessive for what he intended to do and she needed to make arrangements and stock up for the family's bubble.

I couldn't think who else to call. I did ring up the golf course but that had closed. I left it there. I had to get back to the station for the evening briefing. This was the important lockdown brief.

When I got in I explained to the sergeant that I could not find Fleur. I mentioned to him that her boss seems to have disappeared as well. I had my suspicions so I was interested in his response which was blunt and to the point, "You know what I think; I think he is rooting her right now and will be doing that for the entire lock down. It looks like you will have your house to yourself."

It is hard to describe what I felt at that time; despite my suspicions I suppose I was a little in denial about them. I thought Sarge's comment was insensitive and unnecessary so I suppose I felt mostly anger toward him. I had no time to think about it as we were then called to the meeting and I had to give a presentation myself based on information gained at District Headquarters.

More than anything else I was worried about how I was going to feed myself. The supermarkets were emptying fast and there were complaints that toilet paper and flour were already running out. We were told that as an essential service we would be helped out on that score.

As a probationary constable it was decided that I would man the station overnight since the others would be on patrol and the older civilian staff would not be able to work. The directive was that the public could not cross from one police district to another without permission as an essential service. We expected regular trucks down the main highway so a checkpoint was set up for us to man.

We would also have to patrol the town for security and to keep people off the streets. Normally a night shift would start at 10:30 but I would have to work the entire night. I didn't mind, there was nothing else to do but watch TV anyway. We had no idea how busy we would be. We expected a lot of aggro.

My nightshift started there and then. Once the others were out on the street it actually turned out to be remarkably quiet. The patrols were mainly directing everyone off the street to their bubbles but following midnight the town was dead quiet. The patrol retreated to a checkpoint on the highway.

There were a few calls earlier but they tailed off. It was a mild March night so I retired to a small outside smoko area we had at the back. It was the first chance I had to ponder on the day's events, where the fuck was Fleur and could she possibly be having an affair with Simon?

Knowing Fleur as I thought I knew her I just did not think it was likely. What would she have to gain? She was worldly. If some guy came onto her she could put them down in the most withering way. I had seen her in action. She seemed so devoted to our future, why would she risk that? She spoke often about how I made her feel safe. Why would she step out from under that especially since her undescribed trauma? No, there had to be some other explanation.

It was about then that I caught a whiff of cigarette smoke from next door. This was unusual in this day and age but also next door was the town medical centre. Somebody was obviously there. I called out.

A voice replied, "Oh it's just me, Sue, the nurse from the district hospital."

There was a flat at the back of the medical centre that acted as transit accommodation for nurses and Doctors coming up from the District Hospital. I was aware that Sue was usually there three days a week.

"What are you doing out at this time?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"Shouldn't you be in your bubble back home?"

"This is my bubble."

"Bit lonely, aren't you?"

"Oh Joan is here, she is fast asleep inside. We are holding the fort up here. I have been waiting for some PPE and testing instructions. God help us if we have an outbreak here, I have nothing yet."

"Thanks you're reassuring," my sarcastic reply.

"What are you doing?"

"I am on night shift."

"Seems like nothing much is happening then. Are you regularly on nights?"

"Yeah, but it looks like It's going to be a bit lonely and the others have to ensure that everything is locked down and there is no unnecessary movement on the highway."

We should keep each other company then. I could do with a man about.

I wondered what that meant. There was a high close boarded fence between us. "Why don't I knock out a couple of boards off this fence so we can at least look at each other?"

"Sound good to me; go for it but keep well back from the fence, we need to keep a few metres apart."

I went back inside, rummaged around for a hammer and managed to whack off a couple of slats. There staring back at was the youngish looking but mature woman. I had seen her around and I knew that Fleur had been to see her. She immediately picked up on that.

"You are Fleur's husband aren't you? How are you both dealing with the lock down?"

"I don't know about Fleur, I have no idea where she is."

"What, you're a policeman haven't you initiated a missing person report?" she smirked.

"It's not actually funny. All the guys are keeping an eye out. I have been running around but still haven't a clue where she is. I am going to spend some more time investigating tomorrow."

"She works for Simon doesn't she? Where is he?"

"Yes she does and he has disappeared too."

"She's with him."

"Not you too. Sarge has made that accusation."

"It's obvious isn't it?"

"She may well be with him I suppose but Sarge suggested she was rooting him."

"Ah Jim, always the diplomatic one; how do you put up with him?"

"I can't believe she is having an affair with Simon. There has to be an innocent explanation. If you understood our history it would be obvious."

"Well, I know Simon and I would say Sarge is probably right."

"How do you know Simon?"

"He's just traded me in for your wife?"

The silent night was at that point punctuated by my intake of breath. There was a pause. Sue was looking at me for my expected reply after she dropped that one on me.

"Do you know that for certain?"

"No, but I know he has someone else and she fits the bill. Yeah I guess I am certain. You ask the girls on the staff, they have been talking about it. Maybe that is hearsay but who else would his current be?"

"He does this often, does he?"

"I wasn't the first. He is an idiot playing around up here. He'll lose everything. He always liked living dangerously but this is a small town, it's not Wellington. I took this position to be up here for him. I can't believe I fell for his line of bullshit. I thought he was divorced. I surprised him when I turned up here and he dropped me like a hot potato. I think he had already lined up your wife anyway. For the life of me I don't know why he is doing it though."

"Well that just reinforces my thinking that something else is going on."

"I'd better hit the sheets I guess. Do you want to make this a regular thing? I feel we both need support at present."

"Actually I'd be grateful for that. Sarge is not that empathic."

"Well knock out a couple more slats so we can see each other a little better. It seems weird peering through this little gap."

"What about Joan?"

"She does not like me smoking. In fact I don't think she likes me at all. She thinks I am a slapper. She usually just reads or watches TV. She goes to bed early as a rule and takes a sleeping pill."

We said our goodbyes and I wonder what will happen. At that time I was feeling pissed off. It was mainly for my old man. He really took to Fleur, it would have been perfect, the pair sharing a bubble. Dad was really disappointed and worried when I told him I couldn't find her. Now he had to endure an indefinite lockdown alone. What in the name of hell was Fleur doing?

123456...8