All Comments on 'Love is a Place Ch. 01: The Puzzle'

by THBGato

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Mykymyk2Mykymyk2about 2 months ago

Holy cliffhanger Batman! Can’t wait to read the next part. Again, as with The Third Date, astute character development. Even the secondary characters, though sketches rather than fully drawn, are distinct.

I suspect that if you continue in the way you have begun that you will find yourself receiving the same acclaim as the Literotica authors you admire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm so hoping that this isn't the end of Samantha and Sarah; this isn't just a cliffhanger, I feel like I was shoved off the cliff with Samantha. I've known many people with this kind of social challenges. I suspect that if I were tested with our current understanding (limited though it is) of these challenges that I would have been on the autistic spectrum somewhere. I was tested for ADHD as an adult when my son was identified since I recognized many of the traits from my own childhood.

In any case, apart from the cliffhanger, I greatly enjoyed the story so far (as well as your others that I have read. Please post chapter 2 soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

yikes.

MaezedMaezedabout 2 months ago

Wowza, I had to stop reading 2 or 3 times because of the tears in my eyes, sometimes sad tears sometimes happy tears! I can’t remember the last time I’ve had to do that. The cliffhanger egads!! I know there will be another or hopefully several more chapters, but was not expecting that especially there. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 2 months ago

I thought this was exceptional. I've already read it a second time. I was enthralled by Samantha's way of seeing the world. As in The Third Date there is a strong element of female friendship. And what a cliffhanger! You are a new star in the Literotica firmament.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Aachh all this building up, just to get this answer. I felt that too, this retreating action while closing off all the sensations. Was it all a misinterpretation from her side, or could they talk about it and was Sarah just shocked by the question that came out of nowhere? Looking forward how it will evolve. Nicely written, I especially enjoyed the representation of Samantha's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

hm, I couldn't really let my mind of it, so after my emotional high, (first post) I'm writing it anyway. After thinking about how Samantha (internally) reacted on Sarah's 'No, I don't want to have sex with you' I find it a bit out of character that she took it so personal/emotional. I mean, she was trying to solve a puzzle, "Is Samantha into me or not, sexually?" Therefore, and because sex seems still a bit abstract (especially if you haven't done it yet and if you search after the logic in things like Samatha does) then it's more logic for me that she would just take her word for it. "Like ok, she doesn't want to have sex". Afterwards off course questions could arise because, Samantha wants to have sex or it's easier to say she feels this closeness towards Sarah, and Sarah is still close to her and says she loves her. Hope I'm not thinking too far... and that you don't take it wrongly, because so far I really enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to what comes next. :)

dbetjedbetjeabout 2 months ago

Well done you, yet another wonderful story in the making, absolutely on tenterhooks for the instalment.

used2bjustjused2bjustjabout 2 months ago

Question: Are there real people who sense feelings as tastes? Is that a thing? Example from story, "of the honey taste of Sarah's hand on hers". I've never heard of such a thing, but what do I know. If it's not a real life problem then the author is brilliant for coming up with the idea. If it is a thing in real life than this author is brilliant for writing about the problem. I like how Samantha deals with "Puzzles" vs "Problems".

Can't wait for the next chapt to find out how the 2 deal with the cliffhanger.

5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I really liked the way you wrote Samantha.

People with ASD are very different from each other, and from "what an ASD person should be like".

So, her ability to feel is defined in sounds and smells and not by naming an emotion, which is lovely.

I also liked how you drew the people around her, her advisor from previous school, her flatmates. They are aware that she thinks differently, but they are not aware that she doesnt realize they are friends,

The way you write their words and action lets us know how they feel, even when Samantha herself can't quite decipher their behavior.

I think we are missing the way Sara thinks and feels, because we weren't given enough glimpses into her interactions with Samantha, which explains the shock at the end.

Really liked the story, Please, do continue, you are doing a very good job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story. I love the way you write. Today I read all of your stories so far and loved them all.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesabout 2 months ago

Last night I read The Third Date and Love is a Place: The Puzzle, finishing at 3 am with the gut-wrenching cliffhanger of Samantha's reaction to Sarah's words. When I woke up at 8 am my first thought was that poor Samantha had been suffering for 5 hours with no reprieve!

Invested, much?

This story is so imaginative and well conceived. The writing is clear and evocative. Samantha's idiosyncratic thought process is unique and endearing. Dialog flows well and sounds natural, including the unique way that Samantha expresses herself.

The phrase 'instant classic' is overused to the point of almost being meaningless, but in my opinion TBHGato has swiftly risen to join the best authors of the genre. They need not be named here, simply refer to the reading list given to Samantha as well as Priya in The Third Date.

FFF - five stars, favorite, following.

Nicole2023Nicole2023about 2 months ago

Wow just wow I felt all the emotions of Samantha well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is so hooky!

Samantha is such an endearing character and her friendships are so heartwarming!

And what an ending...wow. Now I have to find out what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Lovely, just lovely. I noticed below that someone mentioned ASD; I commend you for including this element as a fundamental aspect of Samantha's character and personality that I would suggest speaks more of Asperger's with a moderate dose of OCD. I say this realizing in my twilight years that this is how I approached the world all my life. Math and analytical reasoning weren't my thing, as I early learned to see things, not as binary sequential, but more as matrix convergence. It took me years to translate that into a symbolic language, though I know few who would understand. You handled Samantha's character with great compassion, noting her various issues with crowding, touching, and emotions. I loved her ability to "smell" and somewhat "taste" experience. Others have a visual color dimension to emotions, some see/fee/hear musical overtones. Beautifully done. Yes, the ending was abrupt, but you obviously wanted to set the stage for Samantha's continued confrontation with her emotions and sexuality which may or may not be what Sarah wants (she could have similar confusion around her feelings and sexuality). I look forward Ch 02 to see how you work with these captivating characters. Thank you.

toesucker1toesucker1about 1 month ago

What a wonderful look into a differently-abled individual. Sam has (at least) some kind of audio-taste synesthesia and she's trying her hardest to understand her environment and perhaps find love. This is really inventive and well written. I hope that love find a way.

username37username37about 1 month ago

You've just put so many of my childhood and early adult feelings into words I could have never on my own.

You have cited basically all of my favourite authors here as well, and are modeling them wonderfully. I am now off to read the next part, instead of going to bed as I ought.

Thank you, and please keep writing. Your stories are engrossing and beautiful.

galadriel_fangaladriel_fanabout 1 month ago

Oh holy cow, where did this come from? I am completely blown away by this THBGato. I trust you are going to salvage this for Samantha. I’m not sure I can stand it if you don’t. On to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Loved the story. Was so wishing that Sarah would feel the same way as Samantha. You kept me hooked to the very end.

SilverFoxMulletSilverFoxMullet18 days ago

Captivating story! I'm checking for Ch 2 now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTHBGato@THBGato
108 Followers
14th April Okay! The final Chapter of Eve & Lucy is now pending. Massive thanks to Mykymyk2 for editing and helping me make it better. I hope you all like it. All feedback and comments gratefully received: they've been a massive motivation in helping me get it finished. I n...