Love with a Mermaid

Story Info
Biologist Falls For A Mermaid At A Research Facility.
1.7k words
3.93
3.4k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nakedcraving
Nakedcraving
1,072 Followers

I work at an aquarium and get to take care of the bull sharks, the conger eels, a tank of nudibranchs, and the tide pool tanks that contain anemones, urchins, and sea cucumbers. It is a dream job for a future marine biologist like me. My whole life I have studied, collected, and read all I can about sea life, and anything having to do with the ocean. I am a college student at a major California university.

When I got the job at the aquarium I knew I had died and gone to heaven. My life got even better when one night after everyone less motivated than me had gone home and I, quite by accident, discovered the tanks in the sub basement section of the premises at the far corner of the nearly forgotten area behind the clearly restricted section called the 'experimental' tank area that had a worn and rusted sign that said "research staff only."

Incredibly curious, I worked my way passed the out of bounds signs and came upon a large well-kept tank with a bright light above it and a large platform built on one side with a small bed-like piece of furniture and what looked like an operating table. When I came near I saw a swirl in the water and a splash as something frightened by my presence dived below the surface.

My curiosity would not let me leave and I ducked behind a partition and waited, watching for whatever it was in the big tank. For nearly an hour I squatted back on my bent legs and watched the surface of the pool. Nothing happened for the longest time. Finally, just before I was ready to give up and leave a head popped above the surface. Slowly, cautiously. It was, I finally realized, a woman's head. The creature looked around warily, then climbed out of the water and sat on the edge of the platform. I could not believe my eyes. It was certainly a woman, at least most of her was. I watched her for nearly an hour, stunned at what I was seeing.

What, or who, came out of the water was certainly mostly woman, mostly human, lovely actually, but with a tail. A beautiful, mostly human woman with bare breasts, long wet hair, and a fish-like tail: a mermaid. A creature I didn't believe in. I had enough empirical knowledge that I clearly know such creatures did not exist. I knew most of the species at the aquarium, their scientific names (genus and species). I knew their phylum, their class, family, genus and species. Since most were in the animal Kingdom I knew that as well. But I had no idea what this creature could be.

Finally, I made a noise and she whirled around, catching sight of me and hurrying for the water. I quickly moved out from my hiding place and called to her, imploring her not to go. For some reason she paused and gazed at me and didn't move. I came out from behind the partition and moved slowly towards her, my arms out to my sides to let her know I meant her no harm.

She clearly was lonely, stuck back in the back of the facility, all alone, totally isolated from everyone. I moved up next to her and she looked puzzled, not knowing who I was. I was not one of the biologists who worked with her, but not someone who she seemed to be afraid of either. Somehow we communicated without knowing each other's language. I told her with hand signals that I would come back to see her. I had been able to sit close to her, to somehow let her know I was a friend. I was able to sit with her on that platform for over an hour and eventually I touched her arm. She did not pull away and seemed to need the physical contact. I had seen a cardboard sign on the side of the tank that said Elsa on it, handwritten in bold black lettering.

"Elsa," I said. She seemed to know it was what they called her and she smiled at me and pointed to me. "Jacob," I said slowly, pointing at my chest. She tried to say Jacob and came close, trying a number of times. When I finally left, I realized I had been down there nearly three hours, and I quickly resolved to return soon to see her again.

I had met and communicated with a live mermaid, and I could hardly control my elation, my excitement, and

the incredible realization that I had seen something that most people didn't even believe in, including me up to that moment next to the tank.

When I got home, I eagerly searched for her taxonomy, her classification. I needed a taxonomist, but was afraid to ask anyone directly what classification a mermaid was. I certainly knew what I had seen. What person in his right mind, however, would come right out and ask an actual scientist what was the genus and species of a mythological sea creature that everyone knew was imaginary

Elsa is clearly a chordate, unquestionably mammal, has all the characteristics of being a primate, but what family would she be? What genus? Let alone what species? I looked in every source I could think of: every book I owned, websites, did Google searches, emailed experts, even took the chance to casually ask, being as seemingly droll as I could be, my biology professor. Laughing as I asked, wanting to seem as if I were actually just kidding. He simply laughed, believing, of course that I was joking.

I had met her, talked to her, although our languages were a ways apart. We managed with a combination of sign language, facial expressions, and even, as crazy as it sounds, speaking louder than normal. But, whatever we had done we had communicated and I knew unquestionably she was real. I could not return the next day, work and school left no time, but I decided when I left her that I would return as soon as possible.

Two days later I was making my way down to the restricted area where her "tank" was located. I put my face up to the glass and banged on the metal side of the tank. A few seconds later her face appeared on the other side of the glass and she smiled when she saw it was me. I motioned upwards, toward the platform and she nodded and disappeared.

She popped up out of the water and was grinning broadly. When we met on the platform we hugged. Then I gave her a kiss and wondered if it was her first. She was obviously happy to see me, and she puckered her lips as I had and actually kissed me back.

For two weeks I visited her every day. I had noticed after three days that her tail actually began about where her knees would be, so her genitals were about where they would be in Homo sapiens. She didn't try to conceal it from me, and she appeared to have pretty much what a normal woman's vagina lips would be like. After I knew I had romantic feelings toward her, our hug and show of affection became much more sexual in nature.

When she saw that I had an erection, she became clearly aroused and began to rub herself against me. It was after that I actually penetrated her. There was every indication that she had done that before. We had sex for about twenty minutes that first time, and it became part of our ritual each time we met. I would tap on the hull of the tank, she would appear, and we would meet on the platform and have sex.

Usually, she got on top of me because that was the most natural position for her. Eventually, with sign language and pantomiming we got pretty good at communicating. She actually learned the word "fuck" and would say it when we would meet. I would arrive, she would say "fuck" and we would do just that.

It was an awful day when we were discovered by the research staff and they angrily hurried me away. I snuck back down to her tank, but the cardboard was gone and there was no sign of her. They had obviously moved her and forbid me from any contact. I was fired from my dream job at the aquarium, and I had no way to access the facility.

I mourned her loss and even sneaked into the aquarium and went looking for Elsa. It was no use, they had effectively hidden her well, and I was never able to see her again.

I tried to tell a few people what I had seen in the sub basement of the aquarium, but all of them thought I was off my meds. I told a few really close friends about Elsa and simply got skeptical looks as I recalled my meeting her to them.

It has been three months since I was able to see Elsa. How could I tell anyone I had seen and fell in love with a creature that doesn't exist? She has been taken from my life and I mourn the loss everyday. I work at another aquarium now, and I am constantly hoping to see her again, but it is as if she ever existed and what happened was only in my mind.

Sometimes I doubt whether it ever really happened, but I always come back to the fact that it did and I remember those days in the sub basement of the large aquarium in the city where I discovered a creature so beautiful and loving that she rocked my world. She will be with me forever. I will look for her endlessly, hoping that I will find her someday in a tank stuck far in the back of a research facility off by itself. My mind has been opened up to possibilities that I never imagined before.

Whether I ever find Elsa again, which I know is unlikely, I will always remember her fondly and will know that out of the darkness of our biology a new species has emerged.

Nakedcraving
Nakedcraving
1,072 Followers