All Comments on 'Low and Slow'

by vanmyers86

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Low and slow as thick molasses!

5

MaonaighMaonaighabout 2 years ago
Second reading...

...even more fun than the first. It's difficult to squeeze so much into so few words but you've done it beautifully, Van, and with a nice little twist at the end. Five stars (not enough really).

dmallorddmallordabout 2 years ago

Some times...750 words is just all you need—just enough to say what needs saying—kinda like...low and slow. This was just right. Worthy of 5*****. Thanks for the throw back place in time. My most recent story was also 750 words. Yours brought the same wry smile to my face as I thought about it while reading this one. Thanks.

PickFictionPickFictionabout 2 years ago

Low certainly fits with only 750 words. But it gets to the point fairly quickly. Loved this one as I do all of your writing.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

Using Post Oak to cook barbecue? If you're not from Central Texas, then you should be. We have the absolute best barbecue in the world and we cook it on Post Oak almost exclusively. Stop giving away our secrets!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Could have put this one over the top with a one word edit.

"Married my best friend Jody."

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking4 months ago

Oof, that last line!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
uservanmyers86@vanmyers86
"Becoming Who We Are," a non-erotic novel I wrote several years ago, has been posted. A couple of characters in it also appear in the upcoming Year of Yes, along with a few others from other pieces set in my Pennsylvania universe. I'm here because I love to write and read sto...