All Comments on 'LWL: Old Friends'

by LateBloomer1972

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesar9 months ago

Pros: Preachers that remember God's Love is infinite is a refreshing change for this setting. Open communication saves a lot of heartbreak, so even if she bent the rules a bit, Patricia seems to have been working within a safe circle of trust.

Cons: I feel like the religious angle could have been used more purposefully. Given how acceptance is a cornerstone of their church and sex-positivity affirmed in their own marriage, it would be interesting to explore how Patricia's faith informs the hookup with her friends.

Because fun as it is, I'm a bit thrown by the leap from haven't-seen-you-in-thirty-years to naked refreshment with barely an eye batting. I'm also confused as to what "I called up Marcy and things came naturally after that" refers to: if this was all prearranged the blunt overture makes more sense, but if so it's not communicated clearly.

Otherwise, aside from a few grammatical stumbles it's a fun little interlude. I haven't read the series at large, but this makes me think I should.

LateBloomer1972LateBloomer19729 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the thoughtful comments! Full disclosure: I don’t do a lot of rewriting on these, but I probably should.

I had alluded in an earlier story that Marcy had hooked up with Patricia in the intervening time, but this was the first time she had seen Joan (who is one of my recurring POV characters) in thirty years.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLateBloomer1972@LateBloomer1972
I am turned on by adults enjoying sex. I like anything that’s non exploitative. I’m a bit of a voyeur - nearly all my stories are fantasies. In many ways my stories reflect my philosophy of sex, which is that it should be fun and loving. That might seem a bit utopian and senti...