All Comments on 'Madrid Mystery Woman'

by swollenbell

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
SyleusSnowSyleusSnowover 6 years ago
Fun, but short

I like the concept... really fun! The story is quite sparse, though. I'm left baffled by Maria's motivations. Perhaps add some insight into why she was so willing?

Sir GalahadSir Galahadover 6 years ago
Things do seem to proceed without a reason ...

What puzzles me about this story is why Maria chose to have sex with David. I could understand it if the two of them had been hit with "the thunderbolt" so beloved of romance novelist, where two sets of eyes meet and the couple instantly falls either in love or in lust, jumps into bed, has fantastic sex, and things proceed from there. But although they had seen each other for weeks on David's walks to work, Maria and David never interacted until she wrenched her ankle and took her to the hospital.

Her decision to bed him also begs explanation. I could have used more description of her body and her feelings, apart from the one view we were given of what certainly sounds like an aroused pussy. Absent an instant falling in love scenario, it makes no sense why Maria would give herself to David. She's not trying to get out of an abusive or oppressive home situation. She's not an overaged woman desperate for a man, any man, to get her away from her parents and on to a life of her own. She's young, either college age or just out of college.

And why would she ask him to take her without protection? Again, this would make sense if she was trying to escape an oppressive situation, or if she was so aroused in lust that she wasn't thinking straight, but not with her just asking him to take her and plant his sperm deep inside her, an excellent way to be impregnated. I'm glad they found each other, but the whys of Maria's actions aren't explained, and they need to be if we are to understand the characters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous