Manhood Rite

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Zoe contemplated on those words. They carried a lot of ancient wisdom. The mother was responsible for raising her child and teaching him all of the important survival skills. Out here, being good in bed was a survival skill, a continuity of the family genes. This really wasn't incest, it wasn't lust, it was love for one's child and duty as a mother. But how could she come to terms with this? Could she really try and use her love for Peter as an empowering feeling? A feeling that would turn sex with him into something normal and not strange. Could she really be a good mother and, at the same time, have sex with her son? Would she enjoy it or would it feel incredibly uncomfortable? Would she feel really awkward afterwards? Would this ruin her relationship with her son? A thousand unanswered question were swirling in her mind. Even if she had all the time in the world, Zoe didn't think she could answer them.

Zoe recollected the first time she witnessed the Manhood Rite ceremony. She remembered Tomo's mother, naked and hairless between her legs, having lustful sex with her oldest son. "Is that how I would look?" wondered Zoe. She recalled the way Tomo's penis glistened with his mother's juices. "Is that how Peter's penis would look?"

Zoe shuddered. Peter's penis -- she hasn't seen it since he was six, or perhaps seven. Surely, it was still as small as it was back then. Or has it grown? How much? Zoe frowned at these strange thoughts in her mind.

"It is an important ceremony," Zoe heard Great Mother say.

"It is an important ceremony for Peter," echoed Zoe.

Each day Peter seemed to belong to this tribe more and more. He was practically inseparable from his friends. His friends would expect him to have a Manhood Rite ceremony. This ceremony was a necessary rite of passage for them. They would be proud of Peter, perhaps even envious that he killed the boar before them. Zoe knew that Peter would not forgive her for making him look less in the eyes of Pompo, Tooki, Karo and Kuru. But what would Peter think about having sex with his mother?

"What about Peter?" asked Zoe. "Is he okay with this?"

"He may be battling his own demons, but we are what our surroundings make us. Peter is very accepting of our traditions," said Great Mother.

Koko'loko spoke for the first time: "He is a growing young lad and you are a beautiful woman. I can attest that he's looking forward to his Manhood Rite like any other Kilitoki would."

Zoe blushed at hearing the chief say those words. "Well, if Peter is okay with it..." she paused.

Nodding, the chief said: "We will hold the ceremony the day after tomorrow."

- Chapter 9 -

Peter's head was ringing when he woke up the next morning. He sat up and rubbed his temples. He couldn't remember where he was -- this did not look like his hut. He tried to remember last night, but his head hurt too bad.

"Good morning!" Peter looked up to see Pompo's mother standing in the room.

"Hello," he said, frowning at the way her voice made his head feel. He heard a groan in the corner of the room and saw his friend roll out from under the covers. Pompo looked terrible.

"Drink. You'll feel better," said Pompo's mom handing each of them a small wooden cup. The liquid looked dark and smelled earthy. Peter didn't think twice about it, downing the contents in one gulp. He laid back down -- at least now he remembered where he was.

Peter watched Pompo's mom prepare food in one corner of the hut. She was a skinny woman with sagging breasts, but she did have nice legs. He couldn't help but remember watching her having sex with Tomo. Peter didn't have the best view that night, but he could clearly remember the way she moaned and cried out while riding her son to orgasm. Peter watched as her cloth skirt rode up high when she bent over to scoop something out of a bin. As he watched her exposed, dark, strong legs, he felt a tingle between his legs.

"I'm never drinking that devil's drink again," groaned Pompo after throwing his empty wooden cup next to his bed. That was enough to bring Peter back to his headache.

"You're right. Tooki is a devil," agreed Peter.

The boys laid on their pads a while longer, taking turns groaning and cursing their friend.

"Guys! Wake up! You're sleeping the day away!" It was Tooki's voice.

"Go away, devil!" screamed Pompo.

"How are you not in pain like us?" asked Peter when Tooki entered the hut.

Tooki shrugged. "I don't know. I feel fine. I've got news!"

"What news?" demanded Pompo. "Give it and get out."

Tooki ignored Pompo and turned to Peter. "I've heard the chief talk. He said that the ceremony is to happen tomorrow. I told you your mom would agree to it!"

"What? You're crazy," said Peter. "You're probably still drunk."

"I'm completely serious. I bring good news and this is how you treat me?" Tooki looked hurt as he dodged a flying cup from Pompo's corner.

"Thanks for the news," said Pompo. "Now let us lay in peace."

"Fine, you lazy slobs. I've got preparations to take care of." Tooki used his bare foot to flick the wooden cup back at Pompo. It must have struck home, because Pompo grunted.

Close to an hour went by and Peter felt better. He got up from the pad and walked over to look at his friend, who looked to be asleep.

"What if Tooki spoke the truth?" asked Pompo, his eyes still closed.

"I really doubt my mom would agree," replied Peter scratching his chest where a few hairs were sprouting.

"And what if she did?" pressed on Pompo. He opened his eyes and looked at Peter.

Peter shrugged.

"In that case, let's go see what the word is around the village," announced Pompo getting up.

***

The life in the village seemed to be running its normal course. Most of the people were out doing their daily work, or taking a meal under the canopy. By the looks of it, it was already past midday.

"Half a day's wasted," thought Peter. He saw the head of the boar that he'd slain the day before. The carcass was missing, probably being gutted and cut into manageable slices. It was customary to serve the meat during the Manhood Rite ceremony, the one Peter wasn't sure would happen. Tooki and the two brothers were nowhere to be seen.

"Well, should we go get some fruit?" asked Peter turning to Pompo. "We're already behind schedule."

"Oh no, friend. You enjoy yourself as much as you can, because once you pass the Rite, they'll stick you with a harder job."

"Really? So there really is a negative side to becoming a Kilitoki man, eh?"

"Most certainly. But relax. Knowing Koko'loko, he'll probably make you in charge of all the fruit gatherers. You'll still be able to pick it yourself, if you wish, as long as you make sure the daily quota is reached," replied Pompo rubbing his temples. "I'm sure the others have gathered enough fruit for us. I'm in no shape to work today, let's just go lounge around in the fort." With that Pompo and Peter disappeared into the jungle. When they arrived at the fort, they were surprised to see chief Koko'loko sitting under it, next to the tree.

"Ah, there he is. The big boar slayer," said Koko'loko.

"Hello chief," greeted Peter.

"I didn't get to congratulate you last night, as you seemed to have disappeared somewhere. Anyway, congratulations Peter."

"Thank you, chief."

"How does it feel?"

"Feels good, I guess."

"Good. And are you looking forward to your Manhood Rite?"

"Of course he is," answered Pompo for Peter. "What a silly question to ask, oh wise one."

"I don't remember asking you a thing, son. But indeed, I sense your friend is quite excited for the ceremony. Good. Tomorrow after dark the ceremony will happen."

"What about my mom?" Peter frowned.

"You leave that to me," answered Koko'loko getting up.

"Uh, chief?" asked Pompo, interrupting whatever Peter was about to say.

"Yes?"

"Me and the guys were planning on being Peter's ceremonial retinue. Someone will need to help him get ready and to tie him down."

"Oh, you were planning?" The chief smiled. "You know that you're not allowed to attend until you kill a boar yourself."

"Yes, but we were there when he killed the boar. You could say that we helped him."

"You make a good point," said the chief scratching his chin. "I see a lot of wisdom in you, Pompo. Perhaps one day you'll lead our people into the future."

"Does that mean we can attend?" asked Pompo expectantly.

"I suppose I have no other choice. If we lock you in the huts, you'll just sneak out again, now won't you?" replied Koko'loko walking off into the jungle.

"Did you hear that?" Pompo practically screamed. "He agreed! Oh, I can't wait to tell the others. Finally! No hiding in the shadows to watch. Peter you should cheer up. Sounds like your mother really did agree to do this. You did your part. The hardest part. You killed a boar! Now all you have to do is relax and enjoy what's coming to you."

Peter nodded, wondering how the chief knew about them sneaking out to watch the ceremonies.

"I mean, I tried to understand you Peter. I really did," continued Pompo, talking with rising excitement. "But your mother is just so pretty. You'll enjoy this, I promise you. Look at my mother, she's not much to look at, but Tomo told me that being with her was the best pleasure ever. He said it was even better than with his new wife. Come on, we have to keep you out of sight until your ceremony." Pompo began to climb into the fort.

As Peter and Pompo relaxed in the fort and nursed their hangovers, Tooki appeared out of nowhere. "Oh, look at you two lazy monkeys. I've been running around all day, while you've been lounging around," he said.

"Running around where?" asked Pompo.

"Well, I gathered enough fruit for all of us, and I also gathered something else."

"What else did you gather?" inquired Pompo, eyeing his friend suspiciously.

"I heard my sisters talk about this root that if you eat it, it makes you last longer."

"A root? Last longer? What?" asked Peter.

"You know? Last longer during sex. Umani told me that some men can't last very long and they take the root to help them with that problem. I figured, since this will be Peter's first time, he should take some."

"Well? Did you find it? Where is it?" asked Pompo jumping to his feet.

"It's at my hut. I gave it to Umani to grind it down into powder. She thought it was silly, but agreed to help."

"Good work! But I have better news," said Pompo. "Koko'loko agreed to let us participate in the ceremony."

"No way!" exclaimed Tooki. "This is great! I figured they wouldn't let us. Now we are officially the honored retinue."

"Where are the others?" asked Peter getting up from the floor.

"I sent them to take the fruit to the village. Peter, are you as excited as me?" said Tooki.

"Almost," answered Peter in a flat tone.

"Ah, to hell with you, Peter. If you won't enjoy this, I'll enjoy it for the both of us," said Tooki. "What do you say we do a mission? It'll be dusk soon."

"I don't think I'm up for it today," replied Peter.

"Let's wait till tomorrow," agreed Pompo. "This ceremony will be something we'll remember for a long while. Plus I've got a headache like you wouldn't believe."

***

Zoe woke early, as usual. It was strange that Peter was not sleeping next to her, but she was told it was the tradition. She quickly recalled the night in front of the fire, when she had the conversation with the chief and his wife. Today was the day of the ceremony.

"Did I really give my consent to that?" she thought as she nervously put on her shorts. She tried not to think about what would happen tonight, but the constant flow of questions invaded her mind. To keep her mind off of things, she walked out of the hut and followed Cili and Umani to the river. The girls were as cheerful as always, but they gave Zoe funny looks and secretive smiles.

When Zoe undressed and walked into the river to wash, she was joined by the Great Mother. Great Mother naked was not a pleasant sight, as she did not age gracefully. But then again, Zoe couldn't even guess how old the woman really was.

"Good morning Zoe. How are you feeling?" started Great Mother casually.

"I'm quite good. Thank you."

"Good, good. Zoe, there are some preparations we must do before the ceremony tonight. You do remember about it?"

"How could I forget," sighed Zoe. "What did Peter say? Did he agree?"

"Oh, he agreed, alright. He's as young and as eager as a lion during the mating season."

"What does that mean?" thought Zoe, but out loud she said: "What sort of preparations are you talking about?"

"At midday, come to my hut. We will get you ready for the ceremony and I will instruct you about the traditional ways."

"Traditional ways?"

"You'll see. Now enjoy your morning bath and remember, midday." Great Mother looked Zoe over as if estimating her worth, then nodded and walked away.

When the Great Mother left, Cili and Umani approached Zoe giggling.

"So what did the old hag want?" asked Cili.

"She was just asking... well, talking... about... the ceremony." Zoe fumbled with words.

"You're so funny when you stutter," laughed Umani. "Are you excited for the ceremony?"

"Excited!? I'm lost for words."

"Oh come on, Zoe. Every mother looks forward to their son's Manhood Rite. It's a great honor and a means for some pleasure. You'll have to teach Peter proper ways, of course." Both Cili and Umani nodded in unison.

"And what would you two know about that kind of pleasure?"

"Not much. Not much yet," smiled Umani, "but by the time we have children, we'll be quite good at it."

"I hope I have two boys," said her sister. "That way I get to teach them both. Hopefully they take their time to find a wife." The two sisters began giggling again.

"Why would it matter how long they take to find a wife?" asked Zoe staring at Cili's huge tits.

"The longer they take, they longer you get to lay with them."

"Oh, you two are so bad."

"Say Zoe, how long do you think it will be before Peter finds a wife? Would he even take a wife amongst us?" asked Umani.

"I don't know. It's up to him, I guess."

"And if he doesn't you'll get to pleasure him until he does," giggled Cili.

"I'm not pleasuring... it's only for the ceremony. Oh, will you stop giggling!?" Zoe became flustered and fell silent.

"We'll be dancing during the ceremony tonight," said Umani after a moment.

"If we dance good, the spirits will be pleased and make Peter a good warrior," added Cili. "Will you accept the child if it comes during the Rite?"

"Child? Heavens no! Why must you two make it harder for me than it already is?" asked Zoe.

"We just enjoy seeing you blush like a little girl," replied Cili.

"You do know Peter must erupt inside of you?" asked Umani with all seriousness. "That is the tradition."

"I haven't gotten around to that one yet," replied Zoe, rolling her eyes.

"Don't worry Zoe," said Umani. "You can take a drink that won't allow you to become with a child. My sister is quite silly and she fancies her son's son, the one she will bear, will unite all of the tribes or something like that."

"Good for you Cili," smiled Zoe sourly. "But I'll be needing that drink, and lots of it."

"Lots of it? Is it because you're planning on having a lot of sex with Peter? I fancy, he'll take you twice or three times a day," said Cili washing herself between the legs.

"I don't know why I'm having this conversation with you. In fact, I'm all washed up. I'll see you girls later." Zoe wrung her hair out and walked to the bank to get dressed.

Despite the nature of the conversation, the laughter of the girls put Zoe in a better mood. She held her morning English class and then taught a few tribal women about stitching up deep wounds. She was so busy with her work that she almost forgot about the ceremony. In fact, she was so absorbed that she was startled when the Great Mother tapped her on the shoulder.

"Zoe, it's already past midday. I'll see you in my hut." The Great Mother smiled wolfishly and headed out towards the hut.

Zoe ran her hands through her hair, which was damp with sweat. She looked as the Great Mother entered her hut and then turned back to give some last minute instructions to two tribal women. A few moments later Zoe stepped inside Great Mother's hut. This hut was the largest in the village and could easily sleep ten to fifteen people. However, now it was crowded with women stirring the fire, bringing in bowls of water and cooking food.

"Zoe, tonight is your son's big night," said the Mother of the Tribe as she approached. "We must get you ready for the ceremony. These women are all here to serve you. You must be prepared properly before the dusk."

Puzzled, Zoe looked around the hut.

"First, I must ask you, do you wish to bear your son's child, if spirits were so kind?" asked Great Mother.

"No. I do not," replied Zoe, fixing her gaze on the old woman.

"Very well!" Great Mother snorted. "We shall give you the Juice of Infertility. I'll have someone prepare it. Next, we will wash you and oil you, and we'll have to take care of that forest between your legs."

Zoe blushed, thinking of her pubic hair. She never shaved it in her life, but she did usually keep it trimmed. Now that she's lived in the tribe for a year, her bush was quite full.

"Do you need any pointers on the ways of sexual pleasure?" Great Mother was habitually blunt.

"Pointers? On pleasure? No. Of course not."

"Very well. I must tell you that in order to complete the ceremony, you must make Peter finish. Inside of you." Great Mother put emphasis on her last sentence. "My offer stands."

"I'm quite sure I don't need any pointers," said Zoe, feeling silly.

"Fine. You've witnessed a few ceremonies. You know how they go. You'll exit the hut surrounded by women, you'll wear a mask until you climb the platform. You'll mount your son and milk him until he's done. Then you'll return to the hut and await your son, for your night together."

"Thank you, Great Mother. I think I got that much." Zoe's sarcastic tone was wasted on the tribal Mother.

"Good. Now undress, lay on the furs and relax. We'll remove the hair between your legs and then oil your body."

Zoe felt ridiculous laying naked on the furs. The skin of her breasts and crotch were several shades whiter than the rest of her. Naturally, she never tanned a lot, but being out in the sun this much gave her skin a healthy yellowish color. As she lay, she was offered food and fermented juice. She felt like a tribal queen, as she watched the women serve on her.

"And to think, all this just so I can have sex with Peter," Zoe thought. The juice wasn't strong, but it did seem to loosen her mind a bit. She began feeling like some young vixen, laying naked, thinking about a man she was about to seduce. She didn't quite realize when she'd made peace with what she would do tonight, but her doubts have seemed to be gone. In fact, Zoe was somewhat curious what Peter's penis would look and feel like. Not that she was looking for satisfaction, but her curiosity was building.

Zoe didn't know how much time has passed -- hour, two hours, maybe more. She was nibbling on a slice of kiwi, when Great Mother approached her with another old woman.

"The herbs are ready," said the Great Mother. "We will start between your legs."

Zoe was laying down, propped up slightly on her elbow. She looked down at her crotch and smiled.

"Please lay on your back and spread your legs," ordered the Great Mother.

Zoe obeyed. The other old woman knelt down between Zoe's legs and with careful movements began applying some sort of herb paste onto Zoe's pubic hair.

"What is that?" asked Zoe.

"It's a special mixture of herbs that will remove the hair," explained the Great Mother. "It will burn a little bit, but don't worry, we'll remove it soon."