Mantua - A Man's World Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When they got back to their room, Skyann threw herself face down on the bed, buried her head in her arms and wept with anger and humiliation. However, Colfax noticed that the communications device was flashing red. He pressed the 'receive' button and immediately, a robotic voice told him to stand by. Skyann wiped her eyes and looked up.

"Ah, at last. There you are. Captain Ewing here. Everything going well down there?"

"Yes, sir," Colfax said with enthusiasm before his Half-Captain could speak.

"Good, that's what I want to hear. Listen, slight problem over the horizon. Rebels and pirates are massing on the space lanes by New Cincinnati and the Admiralty have recalled us to support the Fleet with immediate effect. There isn't time to send a shuttle to fetch you. Do you think you'll be able to manage alone for six months or so?"

"Yes, sir, we'll be fine," Colfax said with a big smile. "Go get those pirates, sir!"

"Half-Captain Yomova? What about you?"

After her subordinate's enthusiastic affirmation, Skyann knew it would look bad on her record if she insisted on extraction from this horrible world. Through gritted teeth she said, "We'll survive. Good luck against the rebels, sir."

"I knew you'd understand. And this is a great opportunity to gather more in-depth data on Mantua. Stay safe. Over and out." With that, Captain Ewing signed off.

With a big smile, Colfax undressed, threw himself on the bed and was asleep within minutes. It took a lot longer for Half-Captain Yomova to get any rest as the pain in her bottom was equaled by the turmoil in her mind.

12