All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 23'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent As Always

It is always a thrill to see another of your stories posted. Thoroughly loved it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The best!!! 5 stars

You are just the best!! I have no words to describe how wonderful this story really is.. Thank you and always looking forward to more chapters!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyable series

This had a final feel to it. Will there be more, or are you looking to new things now?

MelissaBabyMelissaBabyalmost 5 years agoAuthor
UltimateHomeBody

This is not the conclusion, but it would be accurate to say that the story has entered the third act. Thank you for your kind comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a wonderful tribute to motherhood

'Nothing is more powerful than life, she thought, and I have life inside me. I am the hub of the universe. She stood up and touched her belly with both hands. "We can do this,baby," she said aloud, "You and I, we can do this." '

I'm an old guy, married for 50 years, two sons, four grandkids. Of whatever accomplishments there are to my credit, this is the foremost.

Thank for a fine story, MelissaBaby!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wicked good!

bonita: portugese, spanish, others...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches are awesome! Love in these stories. This is the second time I’ve read the series.

Comentarista82Comentarista829 months ago

So Bonita and Hannah enter the world, both named after mothers. Hmm...we'll see if that influences their lives.

***

Still see "it's," with "and" rearing their heads in the story. While they don't break the story's back, they do take away from it, as these appear in each chapter.

***

The street in Camden had to be Bay View Street, as there was only a Bay Road (small loop), which didn't go far--whereas the former appears part of a main drag. "Caroline's" for whatever reason was most likely "The Waterfront," as that fits where it's described; the Lord Camden Inn matches the exact spot the story described, and it's a "3-diamond" hotel, about $169/night right now. I always appreciate you spare no details with many of these places, and you place most near their actual locations. What confuses me some is why you try obfuscating some restaurant names, as that gains the story nothing--whereas using real place names adds true "feel" to the story.

***

At first I couldn't guess why you depicted a lightning storm approaching fast, as Mary went into labor, although what fits is that you most likely employed it to relay the sense of "lightning doesn't strike twice" in general.

***

A comfortable story, with a logical flow. 4

GoldustwingGoldustwing22 days ago

Terrific chapter, the family is growing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES