All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin's Covid Christmas'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
sirhugssirhugsover 3 years ago
I kept hoping...

...that Mary would give a virgin birth. But I guess that ship has sailed. Five stars.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 3 years ago

Thank you for bringing the family back to us, and doing it in such an uplifting way.

Merry Christmas to you from old Hampshire

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusover 3 years ago

What a Christmas story!

Thank you so much for bringing back Jennifer and Danni. To make Corona a topic, and in this way: good idea!

At the end of page one I had to wipe away a few tears.

And thanks for reminding me of my favorite part of M&A, where Alvin brings Danni home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for reviving this family, even if some have passed in previous chapters. I love this family so much, and the attention to detail that MelissaBaby has given to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another masterpiece!

You have brought these characters to life. Thank you for another chapter. Keep them coming, please.

ewill86ewill86over 3 years ago

What a wonder, indeed. This tale, this light, shines in the darkness - and the darkness has not overcome it. Death happens, terror happens, evil happens - but light, joy, and love are present, too. Each of us can act to affirm light, joy, and love - and as Family, we can do more. Alvin came home at his father's death; Alvin brought Danni home when her family rejected her; Danni found Mrs. Hollins, loved her, and relayed her dying love to Robert, at great peril to Danni herself. Pandemics, mad kings, personal sins all threaten us and ours at any time - the countervailing force is light, love, and joy as individuals, and as Family. Damn Covid, indeed.

MelissaBaby's craft is truly amazing, and her sharing of her joy is a priceless boon - a truly great gift to us all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I hate these stories ...

I always end up crying.

Thanks for giving us something to be thankful for.

Kosova_guyKosova_guyover 3 years ago

so much the perfect story that I wanted. thank you

Cal59Cal59over 3 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for your work, I’m in Australia and while things have been tough here we obviously haven’t had the same trauma that you’ve gone through. We watch what’s unfolding in the US and Europe and thank ourselves lucky that we’re in a country where we’re relatively safe. Despite seeing all the devastation you as a country are going through nightly on television you’re simple story impacted me greatly, good luck to you all

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas gift for us all!

Thank you -- and five stars, of course. -- Dave K.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

Very touching story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A ray of light in the darkness

Thank you for the realism and the tears. It’s always good to read a story that reminds you of what is really important in our lives.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

I'm a registered nurse, and with that hat on, I can't begin to tell you how this story touched me. This is amazing and beautiful, and I'm grateful that you wrote it. Thank you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

What a lovely story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A starry story

"In the darkest night we see the brightest stars" - your story is such a star in these times darkened by Covid. Thank you!

And five stars in return (sorry, can't resist the pun ;-)

Best Christmas greetings from a reader in Germany!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
First Mary And Alvin Story I've Read....

....and what a delight. Yes the subject is current and horrible for many people but what a touching portrayal of a amily in a Covid situation. And so well written and thought out.

My daughter's partner is in the Met police and after 8 months plus of this has just been diagnosed with Covid and now both are self-isolating at home for 14 days. So Danni's situation resonates somewhat.

Definitely going back to read more of Mary and Alvintage.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Fuck carona! Thank you for this story! Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Season's Greetings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I actually follow you on Twitter and just so happen to find this story! Loved it so much, merry Christmas <3

caoimhin57caoimhin57over 2 years ago

thank you. timely addition.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking4 months ago

Did cops wear masks where you were? Around here they were some of the worst offenders. Startling to see what we falsely assume to be universal.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 1 month ago

I just finished chapter 36.

I started to read this final installment, I really did. But after a few paragraphs I just couldn’t continue.

I started to feel much like Emily in act three of Thornton Wilder’s Our Town. After death, she gets an opportunity to relieve the most mundane day of her life, but it soon becomes too painful for her to relive the seemingly insignificant things that reminded her of everyone she loved. I couldn’t watch younger Alvin and Mary without feeling the sorrow for their loss.

I may come back to finish this some other time, but I can’t do it now.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES