Mecha Mech Pt. 03

Story Info
The Legion of Mecha Mechs protect humanity and have a bang!
3k words
4.33
904
00

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 11/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 6 B - Continued!

Kibo tries to get out of the med bed again, "Where are my units.... Tre?"

Martin pushes Kibo back onto the bed, "Red Team is all accounted for...the others I dunno yet." He sighs heavily, "You must stay here until you're cleared. You were not downloaded properly and there could be complications."

Kibo falls back into his bed, "How long do I have to wait?"

Martin pats his friend on the shoulder, "A few hours....maybe a few days I'm not sure."

Down the hall in another med bay Mak, Tre, Russell and Zed are in biogenetic pods floating weightlessly.

Medic - All life signs are reporting degraded but steady.

Physician - Activate Nano repair cycles for another 20 min. We can't risk exposure longer than that. The nanos are already depleting. Once the cycle is complete, decant them and place them in bio beds."

Medic - Yes Doctor.

Tre opens his eyes in the tank and starts at the unfamiliar surroundings. A medic notices and switches on comms, "Calm down Pilot...you're in a biogenetic tank. There was an accident. You'll be fine."

Tre calms himself and gives a thumbs up while he feels his nanos activating a healing cycle. He closes his eyes and suddenly finds himself extremely sleepy.

He wakes up two days later to find himself in a bio bed surrounded by most of his Unit. Zed and Mak walk around the med bay trailing a monitor unit that is flushing some red-green chemical into their bodies. Russel is on a bio-bed facing Tre, he is talking with an orderly, "Soo....I could just use a sponge bath and maybe a handy...." The orderly rolls his eyes. Russell pulls back his bed sheet to show a stump of a leg, "I'm injured...help a man out."

The orderly smacks Russell on the forehead, "Calm it Pilot you're getting a new one in a few days."

Russel throws himself back dramatically, "But the paaaaaaaaaain.....the humiliation...."

The orderly shakes his head and takes his leave of Russell.

Zed and Mak laugh, "You're terrible" they say in unison.

Tre looks around as he notices, "Where's Kibo??"

"Oooooooooooooooh sleeping beauty finally woke up!" says Mak as he hobbles over to Tre.

Zed sits at the edge of Tre's bed, "He's getting special privileges being a squad leader. He's fine just in another pod."

Tre phews as he props himself up, "What happened?"

Zed scoffs, "We got our arses kicked to say the least. Most of the civilians got away. Only core staff stayed behind before the planet went POOF."

Mak pats Zed on the shoulder, "His family got out so we are grateful for that." Zed nods and tries to hold back some watery eyes.

Tre pushes back the blankets and tries to get up as he notices how bruised and banged up his legs are. Mak pushes him back, "Woah woah....too soon buddy. You gotta wait tillt he bio bed is done with ya."

Tre frowns as he looks over his legs, "This is awful...." he pulls up his blankets to cover the gruesome bruises, "How are the Mecha?"

Zed and Mak look at each other, "Heavily damaged....probably not repairable. Their cores have been dumped into the mainframe."

Tre blinks, "Dumped....does that mean we're grounded?"

Russel interjects, "Until we're healed and go back to be re-integrated with a new Mecha."

Tre frowns, "But...our Mechs..."

Mak slaps him on the back, "Don't worry bud....their AI is in the core. If your bond is as strong as you think it is...they'll come back to the new shell."

Chapter 7 - Rehab

Two months have passed since the incident. Andromeda Prime Colonists have been dispersed over several locations. Every colony is on high alert with Mecha Mech units assigned all over the galaxy. The Initiative has accelerated the recruitment program identifying all viable candidates for enrollment. Mecha Mech frames are being constructed in record time but lack the pilots currently to man them.

While the construction of Mecha can be completed in rapid succession...integration with a human counterpart and to some extent the AI programs that run them cannot. The AI were first created in 2364 when Dr Akiwaya discovered the planet Basalt IV. On this planet were unique crystals that could be made to operate as high capacity data banks. When these new chips were put into production and AI structures laid down it was soon discovered that the AI had evolved and gained a sense of individualism. Something about the crystals had a capacity to spark life in the Artificial Lifeforms. When the war broke out with the Genetiks the new AI Crystals were put into the Mecha Mechs and paired with a human pilot. These AI/Human blendings were very unique and affected the development of the Mecha as AI crystals merged with the suit and evolved new abilities. When a Mecha becomes too badly damaged the AI crystal is removed and brought back to the Core. Here the crystal is reintroduced to the crystal colony where the AI can heal and recover until a new Shell can be made for it.

The AI, while a much needed commodity, does not grow rapidly. They cannot be forced to accelerate and thus Mecha Mech shells remain hollow until both a pilot and an AI crystal can be found and brought together.

Russell runs through the corridors with a noticeable limp. "Hello......why hi there cutie....oh hello daddy!" he says as he waves past several technicians.

He turns to wave to one particularly hot technician when he finds himself literally hitting a wall.

The commander, known as the Wall, looks down at Russell, "Pilot."

Russell looks up and smiled meekly, "Hello sir."

The Wall grunts, "Is there a particular reason you aren't watching where you're going?"

Russell leans on his good leg and points over to the technician just turning the corner, "His name is Javier...and he has the cutest bu.."

"In my office. Now." The Wall states before turning into his office.

Russell limps in after him entering the room as the Wall shuts the door behind him. Before he can say anything The Wall grabs his arm and twists it behind his back before shoving him chest first onto the table. "How many times have I told you not to look at these other men?"

Russell chuckles, "Oh stop...you know how much this excites me!"

TW scoffs, "Excites you?" he fondles with his belt loosening it with one hand and allowing his pants to drop. He yanks on Russell's grey sweatshorts which easily fall to the floor.

"Ooops....my poor unmentionables" Russell says coyly. "Owwww."

TW yanks Russell's arm slightly upwards to place more force on it. "I guess I'll have to teach you a lesson then." He places his thick head over Russell's well presented hole and spits a generous wad onto it. With a soft flick up and down TW maneuvers his head to press against Russell's hole. He is about ready to push inside when the door to his office opens.

"Commander I needed to get some clarification on....oh ...oh my." Tyler says.

Russell waviewaves over at Tyler, "Hiiiiiiiiiiii Tyler."

TW looks sternly at Tyler, "Can't you see I'm busy?"

Tyler gulps and apologizes before stepping out and closing the door behind him.

TW sighs and pulls up his pants, "Well that killed the mood." He walks to his desk and turns on his systems.

Russell looks behind him, then at TW sitting behind his desk, then behind him, "Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat?'

TW starts clacking away at his computer, "That is all pilot."

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh hell no....I did not get all prettied up...sweat my arse off running around this base like you like...and flirt with all these mens to get you mad so you'd take it tub-thumping on my arse for you to just go to work."

TW looks up at Russell and smirks, "I told you that you'd be punished. Dismissed."

Russell's jaw drops, "Uh...ooh...uh...."

TW waves Russell away who pulls up his pants muttering under his breath and heads out.

Chapter 8 - What's Next

Three months have passed and the Command center has remained on high alert. Since the Andromeda Prime incident the massive Genetik Warship has not been seen again. Production of the Mecha Mechs has been completed. With senior Pilots now out of rehab and cleared for duty the Science team along with the Technicians have prepped AI Crystals for reintegration with the Pilots.

Team Red is scheduled today to pull new AI crystals and begin bonding before the Crystal can be placed in the Mecha units.

Mak, Russell, Zed, Kibo and Tre report to the Science center at 09:00 hours dressed in pilot uniforms. Chief Science Officer Leto greets them at the entrance to the science lab.

"Welcome...welcome gentlemen to science station 4."

Kibo greets Leto, "Pleasure to see you again sir."

Leto leads the men to the Crystal Chamber and explains the process, "I know you have all been through a similar process before but as far as I am aware this will be the first time for each of you that you will be re-integrating with an AI Crystal.

They all nod their agreements.

Leto pushes up his glasses as he continues, "Under normal circumstances, as you know, you place your hand on the AI Crystal and reach out through the nanotech in your hands. This will trigger a technopathic response in the AI Crystal. In turn an AI will leave the cluster and download itself into the AI Crystal for you to bond with."

They all continue to nod their understanding, "This time may be a little different. Instead of a random AI downloading into the AI Crystal you can reach out to your previous AI and attempt to guide it back to sentience."

Kibo says, "Guide it back to sentience?"

Leto nods, "Depending on the level of damage that the AI took in the attack it may be too fractured to awaken and thus remain dormant until such time as it is repaired."

Everyone ahhs as they look to the crystals. Leto motions for them to take a spot near one of the five prepared crystals. "Now if you'll place your dominant hand on the crystal and let's see what we get."

They all reach forward and take hold of the crystals as they close their eyes. Nanotech spins into motion and a bridge is formed with the AI Crystals.

Kibo opens his eyes to a world of pulsing light and energy as his mental self floats in the vast sea of crystals. He looks around before calling out, "Firearm? Are you there?"

For many moments there is nothing and then a warm pulse of blue light is seen growing nearer. "Firearm?" Kibo asks.

Entity - Hello Kibo. It is good to see you again.

Kibo tilts his head, "You look different this time?"

Entity - Affirmative. Due to the analysis of the Genetik attacks some upgrades were needed in order to continue survival.

Kibo frowns, "Upgrades? Survival?"

Entity thrums - All will be revealed in due time. Do you wish to continue with integration?

Kibo nods, "Affirmative."

The pulse of light flows forward and pours over Kibo. The energy swirls and coalesces until they are one.

Mak opens his eyes in the energy world to see Bulkload already waiting for him. A man of few words he nods and Bulkload integrates immediately.

Russell opens his eyes and waits as he strains to see the yellow pulsing light floating towards him. Initially the light seems blurry until Skipper comes closer. Upon further inspection he can see that Skipper is no longer one pulse of light but is now three.

Russell squeals, "Skipper?"

Entity - Confirmed. Original AI has been spliced but remains connected. Although 3 we function as 1.

Russell mentally hugs all three, "My babies!"

Entity - We are not infants.

Russell chuckles as they wash over him and begin integration.

Zed opens his eyes to see a flickering light bolting all around, "Mercury?"

Entity - Affirmative. ItIsGoodToSeeYou

Zed holds out a finger and the flickering light warps over to make a connection and integrate.

Tre opens his eyes to a field of rippling energies along the crystals. He calls out with his mind, "Whiplash?"

Silence for several long moments.

"Whiplash are you there?" again silence.

He turns his spirit self around and vaguely spies a black sphere of energy rolling towards him, "You're not Whiplash?"

Entity - AI that you refer to as Whiplash was fractured. It will be many cycles before full function is restored.

Tre feels a mental teardrop run down his face.

Entity - I have been selected as your replacement module. Will I be acceptable?

Tre takes a deep breath before offering his hand with a smile, "I am pleased to meet you."

Entity - And you as well.

All five pilots open their eyes at the same time and look down at their crystals which now glow with the light of their AI. Kibo smiles then looks over to Tre's crystal, "What happened to Whiplash?"

Tre takes a deep breath, "Too damaged to be awoken. This is my new AI partner."

Kibo places a comforting hand on Tre's shoulder. The team gathers round and gives him a hug as Leto starts coordinating the technicians, "Be careful with those as you place them in the Mecha Mech." He looks to the pilots, "You're free to go about your business. It'll be a few days as the techs integrate the AI Crystals. Once they're settled you can start taking them for a spin.

Kibo nods and leads his men to the mess hall, "Three days off of work...whatever will we do?"

Russell blurts out, "Fuck."

Zed chuckles, "Imma go to the arboretum and check out some of the new species we got in."

Mak mimics at the same time Zed continues, "And then maybe fuck."

They all laugh.

Chapter 9 - Integration

Kibo returns to the launch bay a few days later to meet with his technician. Until all units are integrated and operational it is usually considered most efficient, and safer to only have one pilot at a time perform integration.

"Morning Martin."

"Morning Kibo... you ready for a shakedown?"

Kibo chuckles as he drops his pants and his long tackle falls out.

Martin whistles, "I've seen it a hundred times and I will never not be impressed by how big that thing is."

Kibo laughs and gives it a quick helicopter spin before placing on his modesty briefs. "And it's not even awake."

Martin makes the sign of the cross, "Lord protect me from that demon."

Kibo laughs and smacks Martin on the belly, "Jerk....ok what's the 411."

Martin turns on the drives, "AI Crystal has been seated properly and has connected with 99% of the circuitry as is expected. The Mecha Mech shell is at default and will develop as you re-bond with your AI. Per the communication we received from the AIs, upgrades were done to help in our battle with the Genetiks. What this means they haven't told us yet so we'll have a lot of testing to do I'm sure."

Kibo nods as he does some stretches. "Ok let's get to it then."

Martin opens the hatch and lets Kibo jump into the blank biogenetic chamber. Once inside and ready Kibo gives the signal for Martin to lock the hatch. Kibo mentally activates the nanotech and begins cycling to activate the Mecha Mech systems. "Powering up."

The Mecha hums to life as pre-systems begin to warm up. "Initiating integration." Martin says over the comm. The biogenic goo fills the chamber slowly triggering Kibo's nanotech to start patching into system circuits.

"All systems seem nominal. Integration complete. Clean slate here....no wargear, no special ops. Seems pretty standard OS...wait..what's this?"

Martin frowns as he looks at his monitor, "What's what?"

Kibo reaches forward at a red beeping light on his hologrid. The system seems to hum for several long moments before a loading window appears. "Loading? Martin, what are you loading?"

Martin is typing frantically, "I'm not loading anything....this is not right. Aborting integration..."

"Do not abort! This could be the upgrade the AI told us about..."

Martin frowns as he stops typing, "Are you sure Kibo....I don't want this going south while you're tied into the systems."

Kibo nods as the loading screen reaches 100%, "I'm sure." As the bar reaches 100 a new image is projected loading in pixels. Once resolved the image appears and begins to speak.

Firearm - Greetings Kibo

Kibo looks shocked, "Firearm is that you?"

Firearm - That is not my actual nomenclature but it is how you have come to know me.

Kibo continues to look shocked, "I've never seen you like this before."

Firearm - Due to the disastrous events of 1.0 the AI have determined that a more direct integration is required to increase performance capacity.

Martin comes on comm, "I am seeing massive data increases and power to the systems."

Kibo replies to Martin, "That's Firearm....I'll bring you up to speed in a bit. Give me a minute."

Kibo looks at Firearm's avatar. "How am I seeing you?"

Firearm - You are not actually seeing me Kibo. This is an image I am feeding directly into your brain. We are communicating at the fastest capacity possible while the outside world experiences barely a nanosecond.

Kibo scoffs, "That's impossible?"

Firearm - Incorrect. Our communication upgrade will now allow us to communicate faster than any previous integration. In addition should we get separated I can, for a limited time, take control of the Firearm Mecha Mech shell.

Kibo is astounded, "Oh command is going to have a field day with that one..."

Firearm is silent.

Kibo scritches his chin, "Ok...let's take this puppy for a field test."

Firearm - System maintenance is in progress. I do not recommend testing at this time. Full upgrade will be complete in 24 of your time cycles.

Kibo comms to Martin, "Shut her down Martin looks like we have some more upgrade time."

Martin confirms, "Shutting down and disconnecting integration."

Kibo tips his hat to Firearm, "See you in a bit chief."

Firearm winks out.

The biogenetic goo drains out of the chamber and Martin offers Kibo a hand up to get out the hatch. "So...what happened?"

Kibo wipes the goo from his face, "Call command ... we have a lot to talk about."