All Comments on 'Melissa's New Position Ch. 16'

by eclecticperversities

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Relief

To be brutally honest I skipped past the sex scenes and whilst this is a fantasy story the content was straightforward rape and abuse. It’s not fun or sexy, I can see why you included it for the shock and awe drama factor. Overall it was well written and flowed well.

The downside of that is that Melissa was already spiralling downwards feeling objectified and detached from reality. Obviously yes that is what she signed up for but she couldn’t see any other option and she didn’t have any idea what it would mean emotionally or even physically. Now she’s a a victim of multiple rapes. I’m sure some cretin might say no problem it was just sex and that’s what she signed up for but its nowhere near the same. I’m planning on reading the next instalment but I suppose I’ll need to wait and see how this is handled. For all that this is “just a story” and the purpose is to entertain that happens by readers empathising with the characters.

Tess (UK)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This chapter was a roller-coaster

At first I was happy that Melissa was becoming a bit more reflective of how bad it is to be objectified. Then I was so mad with these fratboys for grabbing her, and initially I hoped that it would tie into the overall theme by letting us know that one of them was a part of the preceding gangbang and thus Melissa's "employer" would realize that it is his fault for exposing her to such scum and would feel remorse for putting her in such a position where people would see her as a sex object. But that did not seem to pan out, at least not yet. I am worried that Melissa is going to compare this experience with the one she was having under her "employer" and the latter would appear in a more favourable light, but I really really hope that's not going to happen, instead, I hope that she gets depressed/ PTSD or something like that which would force both her and the "employer" to confront just how fucked up their set-up is, but I'm really scared that the "employer" is going to refuse to recognize the hypocrisy of using her but getting mad when others want to do that, and instead will focus on how she "belongs" to him. I really really really hope that this will not be another magic dick story where she just accepts her subjugation, I really want her to become independent and free, to be able to make her own choices. Even if she is sexually submissive, it should not define her whole life...

As you can see, you are quite a talented writer if you get your readers so worked up :D

eclecticperversitieseclecticperversitiesabout 4 years agoAuthor
Becoming Melissa

It has been my intent with this series to explore different facets of reluctance and non-consent, though for the most part I’ve focused on the reluctance side more than non-consent. This chapter looks at the other side. I’ve made no effort to glamorize or make it okay, like “She did not want to get fucked at first, but ended up having a great time of it so it’s okay in the end” which happens so often in this genre.

These months have been transformative for Melissa and her most recent experience is especially so. She is someone with a history, from childhood through her coming to the Lagoon, that has left her with a poorly defined sense of self. Her experience at the Lagoon has been shaping her, and shaping her in ways she would have had no way to predict. She is very much becoming, however. And she, like our tale, is not done. The next chapter will also look at non-consent, though from a very different perspective. I appreciate your willingness to continue with me till the end. We are almost there.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous