Melody for a Long Weekend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She sat and watched the morning sunlight paint the backyard as she took deep, slow breaths, trying to loosen the knot of tension in her chest. Her mind latched onto the lyrics of the song playing in the background.

"...But I'll repeat myself at the risk of being crude

There must be fifty ways to leave your lover..."

A slow smile spread across her face as she recognized Paul Simon's famous song from 1975, filling her kitchen with its timely message. It suddenly felt like the universe was on her side again. The knot eased, and her calm returned. Now that she'd made a decision to find her own happiness, and had a definite sign the Fates had her back, she felt a sense of... exhilaration? Yes! She was actually excited about what the future might bring. She sat back to enjoy the rest of the song.

Chapter 4

David was on pins and needles. He desperately wanted to get back to Melody. He was worried she might try to move by herself and injure herself even worse.

He also wanted to get back to her as he knew she was wearing those incredibly sexy underthings!

He walked back to the pharmacy counter and presented the form to the pharmacist, Mr. McCleary, behind the counter. "Hi, here's the prescription Mrs. Dawson received from the hospital last night."

"What happened to her?" the older man asked in concern.

"Uh, she was standing on a footstool, fixing some drapes, and fell. She badly sprained her ankle," he explained.

"Poor dear," the man said then read the script. "Just give me a few minutes." He walked to the back.

David wandered back into the aisles and found himself standing next to the condoms. He suddenly reached out and plucked a twelve-pack of lubricated Trojans, extra-large, from the shelf. He went to the cash and froze as he saw the last person he wanted to see, working as the cashier.

Becca.

Shit.

It was too late to back down as she saw him approaching. Her smile was condescending, but he felt oddly calm.

He suddenly realized how little she meant to him. She'd shown her true self last week, and it wasn't pretty. That just made it easier to ignore her smirk.

"Well, if it isn't David Donkey Balls," she remarked, obviously feeling quite witty.

He put the box of condoms on the counter, and her eyes widened. Then came the shrill laughter. It echoed across the store.

David started to get mad then his mind flashed to this morning's time with Melody, a woman who didn't see him as a child but a grown man, who didn't see any fault or flaw in his body but believed it was sexy. What did she call him? Oh yeah. Dreamy.

Suddenly, the opinion of this immature girl just didn't matter. His anger dissipated like mist. Becca's opinion no longer had any value. He didn't say anything as he waited for her to stop.

An older woman stepped out of the store's administrative office with a frown of annoyance on her face. David caught her eye, and the woman approached. When Becca saw who was joining them, her laughter choked off abruptly. Interesting.

David spoke to the older woman. "Are your employees always this rude to customers?"

Becca's eyes suddenly narrowed in anger and worry.

"Is there a problem, sir?" the manager asked.

Becca tried to salvage the situation. "This is just David! We go to school together."

The manager looked at David. "You're a friend of Rebecca's?"

David looked at the girl he once fantasized about having as a girlfriend. She'd killed that when she sided with Jeff to ridicule him in front of all of his friends.

"No. She's not a friend."

Becca's eyes flared with desperation and anger as her manager frowned.

"But you know her?" the older woman pressed.

David sighed. "Not at all, it seems. I thought she was better than this, but she's just a disappointment."

"Complete his purchase, with a ten percent discount, then come back to my office." The woman turned to David. "I'm terribly sorry for the rude behavior."

David smiled graciously at the woman. "Thank you."

She returned the smile, and her eyes lingered on his broad chest for just a moment before she turned and rushed back to her office.

Becca was staring daggers at him, but again, she didn't matter. "Don't take all day about it."

"Such a dick," she mumbled.

"Excuse me? Did you say something to me?" David asked politely.

His calm seemed to crack her nerve. "I said you're a dick!" she snapped, a little too loudly as the manager was still standing in her office doorway. Her frown became a glare.

David reached forward and gently tapped the label on the condom pack. "I'm extra-large."

Her eyes widened, and she involuntarily glanced down at the front of his shorts.

He snorted quietly, and her face burned.

She quickly rang through his purchase, with the discount, and stuffed the box into a shopping bag.

"Thank you," he said as he accepted his change. He saw the unshed tears in her lashes, but she'd brought this grief upon herself. He felt no remorse for her.

He took his bag and walked back to the pharmacy counter, putting Becca out of his mind. He actually felt lighter.

After a short wait, the pharmacist gave him a curious look as he approached. "Everything okay, sir?"

He smiled. "Yes, everything is great... aside from Mrs. Dawson's ankle, that is. Thank you."

The man smiled happily and lifted the envelope containing the bottle of pills. "These will ease her pain as she heals. No more than four a day."

He nodded thoughtfully and accepted the envelope.

"I've added this to her account. Please give my regards to Melody," the man said kindly.

"I will, thank you," he said as he dropped her envelope into his shopping bag.

He walked back to the front door and noted Becca hadn't returned to her cashier station. Probably still getting chewed out.

Outside, he saw a police car parked next to his truck. He saw glass on the ground below his front headlight. He frowned and approached the police car. He stopped when he spotted Becca sitting in the back seat of the cruiser, crying. She busted his headlight?!? He looked at the curb next to his truck and saw the chunk of paving she'd likely used to break it. The police got out of the cruiser.

"Is this your truck?" he asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Would you happen to know why Ms. Langley decided to bust your headlight as I was driving by?" the officer asked.

It was easier to just shake his head as the truth was too stupid to repeat.

"I'll need your details," the policeman said, and David dug out his driver's license, registration, and insurance and handed them to the man who got back into his cruiser.

Ten minutes later, the officer got out and handed the documents back.

"I'm taking care of my neighbor, who injured her ankle. I've been away too long. Can I go?" David asked.

"Yes, sorry, sir. We'll contact you once we've contacted Ms. Langley's parents," the man said.

"Thanks," David said and quickly got into his truck and drove away.

He'd have to get the headlight fixed soon, and Becca was going to pay for that. He recalled her previously mentioning how strict her parents were. Being driven home by the police was going to top off a shitty day for Becca.

Shortly, he pulled into Melody's driveway. He grabbed his shopping bag and rushed inside.

"I'm back! Sorry it took so long!" he called out.

"I need to use the bathroom!" she called out from the kitchen.

He rushed into the room and tossed the shopping bag onto the table. The condom pack bounced and slid free of the bag.

Melody's eyes locked onto the package and then lifted to see his mortified expression. A smile slipped onto her lips. "I didn't know you were a boy scout."

He shook his head in bewildered confusion as he saw her amusement in relief.

"Be prepared."

His face flushed. "I-I don't have any expectations."

She just gave him a knowing smile, so he lifted her in his arms once more and carried her to the bathroom, where he waited for her to do her business.

He returned her to her seat in the kitchen and got her a glass of water so she could take her pill. "No more than four a day," he said earnestly, and she nodded to him with a small smile.

He fidgeted then pointed to the stove. "Would you like me to make us some breakfast?" He glanced at the clock. "Or brunch, I should say."

"What can you make?" she asked curiously and saw him relax.

He grinned at her. "I have a bunch of dishes Mom taught me how to make. Breakfasts are easy. Eggs and bacon, toast, and juice?"

She nodded to him with a happy grin, so he headed for the fridge to get the ingredients. She had to tell him where her cookware was, then she watched him occupying himself with the preparation of their meals. She couldn't get over how big he looked standing before her stove.

"How did it go in the pharmacy?" she asked.

"Oh! The pharmacist said he put the prescription on your account and sends his wishes for a speedy recovery," David said over his shoulder.

"Mr. McCleary is such a nice man," Melody agreed.

"I-I bumped into that girl from school I used to like. She was the cashier." He looked over to see Melody watching him with an interested expression. He turned back to the cooking food. "When I went to buy the condoms, she laughed at me, loud enough to bring the store manager out to see what was going on."

Melody's expression became worried. "Mrs. McCleary has no sense of humor. How did that go?"

"Not well for Becca. I got a discount, and I think she might have lost her job. Also, when I left the store, she was in the back of a police car because she broke my truck's headlight in front of the cop. She was obviously too mad to think straight," he sighed.

Melody made a sound of dismay. "Your truck was damaged, running an errand for me! Let me pay--"

"No, that wasn't your fault. Becca will pay for the replacement, or her parents will. I'll take care of it," David said firmly as he transferred the food to the plates. With a satisfied smile, he carried the meals to the table and set hers on the placemat before her. He buttered the toast and poured a small glass of juice for Melody.

They ate their brunch as they appreciated the view outside the kitchen window.

"That's a perfect yard for a pool," David remarked.

Melody nodded. "Yes, but all I got was the patio, and that took years of cajoling." She wanted to change the subject before she got depressed. With the divorce, she was probably going to have to move. "What exam are you studying for?"

"History," he said with a grimace.

She clapped her hands together in delight. She was just a little giddy from the pain meds which had begun to kick in. "I loved history in high school! I can help you with it if you'd like."

He looked at her gratefully. "Any help I can get would be welcome. Some of it just doesn't stick with me. I mean, I've memorized a bunch of stuff and I'll likely get a passing grade, but my parents keep stressing that I need to bring my grade point average up to help me stand out amongst the other students when I graduate."

"I'd love to help you with this. When you're done, why don't you get your books and you can show me what you're struggling with," she suggested.

"Sounds good!" David said and quickly finished up his meal. He cleaned up the dishes and table, then rushed upstairs to get his books.

When he returned, he sat next to Melody and gave her a smile as he opened his notes.

They spent the next two hours reviewing the material, and Melody saw where he was stuck. She walked him through it and smiled when she saw the lights come on behind his eyes.

"Oh my god! I can't believe I missed how those events were related!" he gasped.

She smiled. "But you have it now?"

"Yes! Thank you so much!" he exclaimed.

The look of relief on his face was priceless, and Melody giggled.

He looked at her in appreciation. "You've really helped me out here. I want to do something for you now! What would you like to do?"

She looked out at her patio then had an idea. "Would it be possible to take a swim in your pool?" she asked timidly.

"Sure, but your ankle isn't really up to too much exercise. You'll have to take it easy, like resting on a pool float at most," he said thoughtfully. She nodded with a wide smile.

"I need to get changed into my bathing suit," she said and watched his face warm up again.

"Sure." He picked her up and carried her upstairs, setting her down on the edge of the bed.

"My bathing suit is in the bathroom on the counter," she said, and he immediately went and brought it back to her. She saw he had a distracted expression as he looked at the suit in his hands, and she wondered if he was recalling her in it the day before. He finally broke free from his daze.

"Do-do you need help?" he asked.

She smiled and nodded, so he helped her stand in one foot while he eased her track pants down. There were those sexy red panties once more. He knelt as he eased the track pants off past her injured ankle. She sat so she could lift her other foot, freeing her track pants. He folded them neatly as he stood, tossing them to the mattress, his eyes passing over her body. He helped her to her feet once more, then immediately knelt before her as she began to slide the red panties down. He wondered why she hadn't just pushed them down with the track pants. This way was hotter, but he wasn't sure if that was her intent. Then his eyes were trapped by her exposed pussy. She released the panties, and their falling drew his attention down. His eyes flicked back up to her face and saw her smiling at him.

"David, you've seen pictures of naked women before. Likely lots of much younger, beautiful women," she asserted as she sat once again.

He looked at her in surprise. "Y-yes, I've seen pictures. They don't really compare to seeing a beautiful woman in person."

She chuckled at his flattery. "You are such a sweet young man!"

David heard young man and immediately felt like he'd been assigned to the kid's table again. He plucked the panties off the floor and dropped them on the bed as she lifted her feet. He accepted the bikini bottoms from her fingers and slipped them over her feet to slide them up her legs until she could take over. He stood once more, but Melody laid back on the bed and pulled the bikini bottoms up until they reached her ass. She began to struggle, so David put his hands on the back of her knees and pushed, lifting her ass off the bed.

Melody squeaked as she felt his firm grip on her legs, and her mind took her to sexy places as she imagined him forcing her legs back to drive his cock deep inside her wet depths. Her face and chest flushed as she finished pulling the bottoms on.

He gently lowered her legs and spotted the extra heat on her skin. "Sorry! It looked like you needed help."

"No, that was very helpful." She tried to rein in her imagination. Of course, he was just being helpful! "Could you get my wrap from the closet?"

David opened the door, and she guided his hand to the gauzy black jacket she'd wear to hide the sexy bikini when he carried her over her to his backyard. He helped her stand, then she donned the jacket and cinched it closed. The bikini was still partially visible, but it wasn't so obvious.

He looked down at her ankle. "I think we might be able to take the bandage off before we go to the pool." He helped her sit and lifted her leg to the mattress so he could unwrap her ankle. The bruising was just a little darker today, but the swelling definitely looked reduced. He felt it was safe to leave the wrapping off for now.

"Shall we go to the pool?" she asked hopefully. He nodded and scooped her into his arms once more.

She sighed as he carried her down the stairs. He glanced at her content smile. "What?" he asked curiously.

"I could get used to this. I feel truly spoiled."

"Maybe you deserve a little spoiling," he said with a small smile on his lips.

She quickly glanced at him to see if he was teasing, but his expression gave nothing away.

She made him stop on the main floor to collect a beach bag from a cupboard in the kitchen. In this went a beach towel, her sunglasses, her steamy romance novel, and a bottle of sunscreen. He locked the back- patio door, then lifted her in his arms once more to carry her to the front door, where she grabbed her keys to lock up the house.

Luckily, they didn't encounter any of their neighbors when he carried her out to the sidewalk, around the hedge, and back into his backyard. He recalled that most of his closest neighbors left town on the long weekend, so they practically had the neighborhood to themselves.

When he reached his backyard, he set her up on a lounge chair under the shade of their pergola. She looked at him in question.

"I have to go upstairs and get my swimsuit on. Then I'll get us set up out here. I won't be long." He turned to leave.

"David?"

He stopped to look back at her and saw she was biting her bottom lip again. That sent a tingle through his sensitive bits. "Yes?"

"Could you wear the blue swimsuit you wore yesterday?"

His mouth opened as he realized she wanted to see him in the tight spandex swimwear. He only wore those when he was alone. He was going to say no, as he was embarrassed, but her sweet little expression of hope derailed his objections. "Okay... fine." She flashed a happy smile at him.

He ran around to the front of the house and let himself inside, locking the door behind himself. He ran upstairs and stripped naked in his room. With a deep breath, he tugged the swimsuit on and looked down at himself with misgivings. "She said I was dreamy," he sighed to himself to gain enough self-confidence to go outside... with her... wearing this. He knew she'd seen him naked, but somehow the tight material showing is contours was like... a sexy tease.

David didn't want to leave her alone too long, so he grabbed a beach towel from the linen closet, a bottle of sunblock from the bathroom cabinet, and ran back downstairs to the kitchen to unlock the patio doors. He stepped outside, and her smile just got wider.

"Mmmm, David! You have an amazing body, and that swimsuit looks really good on you! This is so much better than those baggy shorts!" Melody purred.

He blushed and smiled self-consciously at her, then he felt the tingles begin as he saw where her eyes were lingering. He forced his mind away from that for the moment.

"W-would you like to have dinner with me here tonight? I can make Spaghetti Bolognese for us."

Melody's eyes twinkled with delight. "Ooo! That sounds delightful! It's a date!" She chuckled quietly at the flush that rose on his face.

He nodded, then stepped back inside the house to pull a package of chopped meat from the freezer to thaw. He quickly confirmed he had the rest of the ingredients, but realized he should pick up a baguette. He could pop over to the grocery store for that, later. Maybe he'd pick up the replacement headlight on the way back.

David rejoined Melody and carried one of the lounge chairs and her beach towel from the shade to a sunny spot next to the pool. He placed the towel over the chair, then moved Melody to that chair. Finally, he carried over another lounge chair for himself and draped his towel over it.

Before he could sit down, Melody caught his attention. "We need to get some lotion on you!"

He caught the twinkle in her eye, so he nodded slowly. "As long as I may return the favor."

Melody grinned and nodded. "But you first. Your skin looks like it might burn faster than mine."

He nodded wearily. "Yeah, I burn pretty quickly."

At her direction, he carefully sat on the edge of her chair and sighed as he felt her soft hands massage the sunblock into his skin, starting at the back of his neck, moving over his shoulders and down his back.

1...45678...21