Mer-Manic Harmony Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I see, James, Kai and Melody please come with me to my office."

Principal Azure turned around and walked, they all followed, Kai grinning victoriously as James just got angrier, Melody was worried but they continued down the busy hallway, coming towards her office on the top floor, James was politely asked to wait outside while Kai and Melody entered.

James knew this must be about Melody being a mermaid, and now he knew Kai was a mermaid, was the principal one too? It would explain her good looks and how long she had been principal and strangely never looking older than thirty.

The door soon opened, "James could you please come in," spoke his principal.

Walking inside, with his backpack tightly on and hands in his pocket, he stepped into her office, it was large and clean with a large wooden desk, a window in the back letting light inside she closed the door as he entered, Melody and Kai were sitting on a small sofa to his left, it was posted next to a table and another sofa mostly wear parents and student sat to talk with her.

Headmistress Azure sat on her large leather chair the blinds were down leaving the room in a dark glow little light came through into the room.

Intimidating really, he thought.

"James, you are not in trouble but we have something very important to talk about," Azure spoke kindly to him.

"Ok?"

"You need to understand that Melody is a very special student."

"Ok?"

Principle Azure was looking at him he just stared now annoyed back at her, she sighed.

"James...How much do you know about mermaids?"

"Mermaids? Miss?" he said giving the same blank expression he was right on the ball.

"Yes I'm serious, mermaids, how much do you know?"

He rested an eyebrow, game plan time knowing he was right on the money.

"You do know they don't exist right? I think you're a little too old to be talking about mythical creatures principle."

Kai was about to speak but Azure raised a hand silencing her, she stood, raising her hand up and pulling out the pins that were holding her hair to let it loose and it did it gave a natural bounce but he noticed her hair wasn't natural with her hair, her hair looked to be dark, nearly black but now with her hair down that framed her face perfectly it showed that it was ocean blue in tone James was right, completely right she was fucking mermaid just like Kai and Melody why was a mermaid running a human college...Wait how many students in this school was a mermaid or merman? So many questions he now has to figure out but he had to hide them.

"Ok? You have highlights cool but what is this all about if you going to waste my time I'm just going to leave."

Everyone just watched him, no reaction given, the principal smiled, "You can drop the act now James we know you know."

"You know I know what? Because I think you can't know what I know which you think I know."

"James!" she said sternly, "we know you know about mermaids and what Melody is," the principal said annoyed.

He took a side glance at Melody who nodded, "I told them...Sorry."

James sighed, "Fine yes I know about mermaids and shit alright."

Principle Azure sat down pressing her finger into the side of her upper nose, "oh dammit, you was never meant to know I wanted to ask how you originally found out about melody and why you were so persistent to be her friend she hasn't told us that, only that you know what she is."

"And why does it matter? How we met and such."

"She can get in trouble," she glared at him serious sending an odd chill down his spine.

"Wait seriously?" he repeated, so she was right when she said last time.

"Yes so be honest James and no lying...I'll know."

James sighed he knew she would be in trouble as she said a few weeks ago, might as well put on a show...Or try too, were mermaid lie detectors? Probably not.

"She save my life alright," he lied luckily unlike Melody he was a really good liar, "I was stuck in a boat at the secret lake in the forest the one that's contented to the sea, Cove Forest Lake, I fell in the water, and she saved me and dragged me to shore she told me who she was and I asked what she was, to which she answered, but that doesn't matter she saved my life and I was indebted to her so she told me she would be going to this college and wanted a friend I accepted and here we are today, I've known for two weeks now and haven't told a soul and I plan on upholding my promise and stay her friend while helping her learn about humans."

Melody had her hand together she knew he was lying, she came to him first but he made it out that she only came to save his life making it his fault.

All to save her.

She smile silently blushing a little thinking about what he had just done.

"Is this true Melody?" her principal asked.

She looked to James who nodded, "Y-Yes it's true."

Azure took her glasses off placing them on the desk rubbing her eyes, "Oh this is a problem, Melody should have never revealed herself to you as that is an SPG violation and it would have sent her back home immediately but she only revealed herself to save a life and I know James is telling the truth as I would have heard rumours, as an SPG member I could just wipe your memories," she spoke onus, he actually back off a little a rare flash of shock, they can do that!? "But this is also a golden opportunity to have her learn about humans with a willing and trusting human, one who lived here, in the same class as a fellow student, it would raise suspicion if I had someone else do it, but you must understand she is more special than you think."

"I think we should still wipe his memory I've been tasked as Melody's guardian we only let humans we trust know about the monster world and I don't trust him," Kai said proudly.

James frowned and Melody stepped in, "But I want him to teach me about humans! He is my first human friend and I trust him."

James smiled and turned back to his principal grin, "Do you think that fishy thing back there could actually teach her about humans isn't it better to have actual humans teaching her about humans? Learning about them, I know why she is here I don't understand the guardian bit but I'll protect her I'm not someone to just run away when my friends are in need I have a debt to pay and I plan to pay it in full."

Azure was about to speak but Kai got up enraged, she stood in the middle of the room, she stretched out her right arm and water came swirling around her arm and hand forming a water rod that took shape, suddenly a blue trident appeared, she took up an offensive stance. pointing it towards James.

"She, is not just any mermaid she's something very special I have trained for this for a long time and I'll not let a human, especially you James get involved," Kai said angrily.

James reached back grabbing his worn-out baseball base from his small backpack, pointing towards Kai, "Don't point that fork at me and your the one who said no weapon on college ground yet you have a blue fork hiding up your fanny, I'm going to show my friend around and teach her about humans as I said, go and fuck off, talk to some fish, that what you mermaids do...Right?"

Suddenly two water tentacles appeared and grabbed Kai's and James's weapons, turning to a very, very angry headmistress. Water was coming out of her hand as the water returned to her she grabbed both weapons in each hand.

"I will not allow fighting in my office! James doesn't swear and Kai don't point your weapon at him," she said stern silencing them back, she relaxed a little, "first I trust James he hasn't told anyone about mermaids and has blankly denied he knew the existence, but Kai is right she is a special mermaid that would make her a target for very bad people."

James raised an eyebrow, "How?"

The trident disappeared into water, while she placed the bat on the desk in front of James, "She is what known as a Jewel Mermaid, there are seven with each being a different gem or jewel colours based on the seven seas it connects them to the seven ocean goddesses that help protect the whole ocean in secret, Melody is the chosen Peal Mermaid as shown by her white hair and scales, making her very important and highly desirable by outside forces, reaching the age of eighteen she wanted and needed to journey to the surface and learn about humans which were why we had a guardian trained for her, do you understand James this is not some thug or trouble makers these are twisted people that will do anything to get her, monsters included, she needs someone that can protect her."

James turned back to Melody looking away sad, she knew what she was and knew her life was possibly in constant danger never been able to live her life peacefully always in fear...Until now, James turned and grabbed the bat.

"I'll become her guardian and protect her from those who might take her, she helped me and now I'm helping her, plus...She's my first friend and I protect those as if they were my family you can trust and rely on me, Principle Azure."

Melody held her hands in excitement while Kai just looked ruffled but Azure just stared at him sighing, "I like the fire, but it's not enough, I need someone to fight against a dozen guys or even monsters, you may have been in a few fights but this might be more then you could chew."

James stared dead straight at her annoyed and leaned in, "Come on prez let me do it, I've been in a lot of fights I'm not someone to freeze up when someone is in danger."

"This is more than common thug we are talking about other mythical creatures here that could do some real harm I know melody trust you and I do too, however, I don't trust your ability to fight."

"Are you demeaning me?" he said pissed off, "thinking I'm weak? Just because I'm not some fishy fiend like Kai or yourself, I made a promise to her one I refused to break just...one chance alright, one damn chance and you can throw me away and wipe my memory and shit?"

"Language young man...But you are sure?"

He glanced back to the other Melody looking her hand and finger together looking hopeful while Kai just glared as she always did.

"More than in my life...Please Azure I'm never asked for anything else before just give me a chance."

She was...Honestly surprised at how serious he was taking this James the abrasive angry man who always got into a fight, she never would have expected this, pissed at what he said earlier as if she was being racist but he was human she could understand his viewpoint.

Inhumans tended to be so much stronger than normal humans to almost a point they subconscious looked down, in front of her she saw a man who had always been seen as something bad, a trouble maker, a rotten apple and now for the first time found his chance to do something good.

She didn't understand James's sheer devotion to Melody which was a concerning mystery to the woman, knowing something must have happened to cause such loyalty, but the desperation she sensed from him felt honest and true, even thinking back any altercation always came from someone aggravated him or him protecting someone weaker...She knew there was good within him, maybe this could be the chance to help him turn a new leaf.

From an angry hateful man to a respectable normal warrior in a world that needed accepting people like him.

SPG wouldn't hesitate to scoop him up and train him into a guardian.

Knowing the importance of a promise she turns back to him, "Fine, I will allow it for now but if something happens and you end up failing then I'm placing Kai under Melody's protection and you're getting all your memories wiped, do you understand these terms?"

James grinned crossing his arms, There was more to him than just an angry man something more indeed.

"Sure, consider it done boss."

"Alright, then I'm sorry Kai but at least now you can begin your training as an SPG guardian but stay on standby in case Melody needs extra protection."

Kai was annoyed a part wanted to fight back but seeing the look in her teacher's eyes she relented this was her decision she was the governess, so she nodded respectably.

James was still confused about something.

"You keep going on about SPG what is it?"

"The Supernatural Peacekeeper Guardians," she said proudly, "it's the name of the foundation that handles the supernatural. A very powerful organization with its main objective to the protection and preservation of human and monster life, they target evil monsters and humans and bring them to justice, also they mainly help the relations between the two in secret so you can think of them as the men in black but instead of aliens they handle the monster world but I think they had handle aliens too, I'm an SPG Governess, this whole city and every monster here is under my and my Captain's protection all working together, if something happens we are on the case, I mostly help mermaids and mermen adjust to life using this college and the school, ensuring all their needs are met making it go as smooth as possible, I've been doing this just for 40 years now-"

"wait!? You've been doing this for 40 years!?"

"Yes," giving James an annoyed look, "merfolk age a lot slower than humans I'm still considered young to many, but you can understand as governess of this city it's also my home and under my protection, I have a few captains alongside me who command supervises who then command peacekeeper and guardian agents, however, due the size of this place I only have a few captains with their own peacekeeper and guardians, I can contract Freelance Agents, peacekeeper or guardian for extreme assistance. This is how it works normally, a governor or a governess to a city has captains who have their supervisors, reporting to them and then helping them handle a situation, who then have guardians and peacekeeper agents to send out, some are not SPG agents and are still willing to help us they are called Helper agents, seeing as this city is not that big I only have two captains but we work alongside monsters and few humans who know the truth to keep everything peaceful, generals are the one above me and in case we need extra help those are the top dogs in the whole foundation making important decisions with the CEO.

"Holy fuck that's a lot of info," James said

"Language! I'm still your principal but as of this moment I'm assigning you as the guardian of the pearl mermaid."

James just shrugged, "I won't let you down, come on Mel there's a place I wanna show you."

He turned towards her, and she jumped up excited, "Ok let go! And thank you principle."

The woman only smile and nodded, Kai was still sulking James lightly rubbed it in and grinned at her as they left the room, leaving only her and Azure together.

"Do you think he'll protect her?"

"I'm confident he will, there is a method to his anger, something I've been overlooking, but time will tell Kai," she said sitting down and looking at some school paperwork, "time will tell my friend."

###

Walking down a long city street patch, like a high street filled with stores, it was the most populator place in Coral Cove City, that and the beach walk, easy access to the beach and college and train station getting out in the bright sunlight it was a place James frequently went too either to buy stuff or do odd jobs.

But today he was showing Melody who looked around filled with curiosity and wonder, having an excitable skip in her step James found it cute, the two chatted, while his mind wandered around the whole SPG stuff.

A secret underground organised that helped monsters and humans? Seemed crazy in his mind wondering what a peacekeeper and guardian are? But more importantly just how many types of monsters were there?

"To think the principal was a mermaid all along, makes me think about how many other students are in the 'non-normal' department."

"Well, I did notice a few from where I lived, remember everyone there is a mermaid or merman...Oh, I should bring you over, even have sleepovers!"

"Sleepovers? What are you, twelve?"

She pouted, "No, your never too old to have sleepovers, but tell me more about this place please."

"Well I don't really know the history or from what the teacher told us before, but I know this is called a 'high' street, the main street of a town, it mostly has shops, banks, and other businesses, this lead straight to the ocean so it is pretty popular, right next door is the actually massive city so it an odd mix."

"Fascinating, back home we have shops like this but very different."

"Go on? Wait where did you come from?"

"From the underwater city called Coraldeep Hideaway, it been there for as long as this town has been here," she said excitedly.

James stopped looking at her she stop looking at him slightly worried.

"There's an underwater city...Near this town? And we never knew about it!?" He said in disbelief.

"W-Well, it is hidden away by magic."

"Magic? Of course, it's magic...Make me wonder of the local legend."

"Oh I know that!" she sparkled to life as we moved, "the story of a mermaid and a human falling in love! it's all true," she just suddenly said making him turn, "the mermaid lived in the newly formed Coraldeep as for human staring in an unnamed town, the two met but chance! saving his life! And slowly they befriend each other and soon fell in love! But living in different worlds...Did you know to us corals are the flowers of the sea, so to show her eternal love for him she used her magic to make that coral cove! It's like to you humans she gave a whole mountain of flowers to him! To show she loved him!" she said with such bouncing excitement, "it's the most romantic thing to happen in centuries! no one can surpass it! so it a legend under here."

"Huh sound it...To believe that silly legend was true, what happened In the end? Our version has it that he just spent his life protecting the cove, then he passed the duty off to his most loyal friend, then got on a boat at a very old age and journeyed to the sea to be with the woman, never returning again."

"Oh, that happened! Only once both cities were newly formed they had gotten together in secret, the coral cove was her way of showing her love and confessing her love for him! Which he accepted! They even made love in that cover, starting their large family!" Melody said circling her hair when her finger blushing, "they may have been from different worlds and apart for a long time but they were always madly in love with one another which wouldn't stop them from seeing each other even if it was risky! Both ended up getting married In secret and having kids."

"Danm so the guy's fate?"

"Oh the human died of old age, the stories always tell of him getting on a boat to travel to her on the day he knew he couldn't go on leaving the town to a close friend who knew the secret, but his lover she knew too, sensed it apparently and quickly came to her dying husband along with his merfolk children, even grandchildren! They all climbed on that old wooden boat holding him in their arms as he finally passed on, husband and wife, father and children, grandfather and grandchildren, all together at that moment as he passed away, holding on just for that moment, in the arms of his secret loving family."

"Wow...That's a lot sweeter, bitter to be honest, I like that actually."

"Yes they took his body into the sea and buried it under the statue of their founder which was kinda the two of them, it was their desire to be together which made the two cities, she later died of a broken heart which can happen, knowing her family could be without her she only wanted to be with him nothing bringing them apart, so now the two rest endlessly, together in peace under the statue, their story becoming an inspiration to countless, proof that humans and merfolk could be together," She nodded her cheek going red a little, "it a love story we merfolk all dream to find ourselves, it's our whole identity in a sense," she blushed fully looking at his stone confused face, "s-she was actually the pearl mermaid at the time, like me."

123456...9