Merchant & Monster Girls Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Quite the show that was, but not to worry! Here is your second chance to take home Mrs. Ebonplume's rich affinity!"

The game restarted with a flurry of callouts and anticipatory monetary raises.

As a member of the fae race, Azalea appreciated the bartering and sharing that were the staple of her own kind's economy. She knew and understood the concept of money, of course, but still found it a peculiar system of exchange.

The excitement of the moment made Azalea completely forget her nervousness and composure. It didn't matter who was ahead; she was animatedly cheering and encouraging everyone still battling it out, eliciting smiles from the audience.

In the end, though, there could only be one victor. Following a final flurry of bids, the last one raised the price by double, ousting the rest.

"Any other takes? Going once! Going twice! Sold to the woman in the green dress! Congratulations. Please go to the front desk to collect your purchase. Until tomorrow, have a good day."

Azalea let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding. Thormar came and took her back to the back waiting room. "Please wait here, and I'll be right back."

Jeni entered a few minutes later. "Congratulations to prosperous Azalea." She raised her wings in an excited post, comically juxtaposed to her flat tone.

"Thank you Jeni! I had no idea how that was gonna go! Is it always like that?"

"This one has only attended two auctions before. This one was especially boisterous."

"I guess we can go after Mr. Varsson gets back. He said to wait here."

As they discussed the other aspects they both enjoyed of the experience, the ringman appeared with a hefty bag of coins. "Please read over this bill of sale." He handed each of the girls a rolled up parchment.

After emptying the sack onto a table, he swiftly stacked the contents into three neat piles. "20 copper vols, 2 silver polis, and 1 gold sequin as per the auctioned price, minus the auctioneer staking fee. Please confirm the amount and sign the receipt."

Azalea deferred to Jeni, having no idea how much which was what.

"This one confirmed the stated amount is accurate."

Azalea signed the receipt with Jeni as co-signer.

"Jeni," Azalea whispered something in Jeni's ear. Jeni, in turn, counted out several coins.

"I want you to have this as thanks for being so helpful and making this experience less scary."

"Young Missus is too generous." Shifting out of his professional demeanor, he continued, "I personally want to thank you for today. Things get a little mundane around here with the sale of the same old commodities. I... we hope you'll sincerely consider us should you desire to make another sale."

"I can't say exactly when, but I'll be lactating soon and would appreciate your services again when the time comes."

"We will strive to meet your expectations. It has been a pleasure doing business with you." With a bow, he left the room.

"Hey Jeni, since I have spending money now, shall we celebrate our success by going to Sanna's for lunch?"

"This one would like that."

Gathering everything once more into the sack, the two girls left.