Mexican Summer

Story Info
A crossdresser's coming-of-age story set in 1995.
17.5k words
4.65
22.8k
23

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mexican Summer

by Sabrina G. Langton

'A crossdresser coming-of-age story, very John Hughes, but no Molly Ringwald, a litte more sex, and takes place in Upstate New York.'

Part 1 of 2

***

It was January 2nd, 1995 my eighteenth birthday. I was standing in front of my mother's full-length mirror. I was wearing one of the only dresses of hers that I adored. It was a long peasant dress, beige with a ruffled neckline, which I wore down around my shoulders. My mother never wore it, it was tucked way back in her closet. I'm sure she didn't even know it existed. My blonde hair was quite long reaching well below my shoulders. I have been growing it for the last two years just for moments like this.

I put on a little pink lipstick and 'Sabrina' stared back at me. I have been crossdressing for over ten years and I called myself Sabrina after one of my aunts since I had a slight resemblance to her.

My mother had no heels in her closet but she did have a pair of platforms she rarely wore, she called them her buffalo shoes. They were also beige and looked like they were made of some kind of material. They had a three-inch platform and straps around my toes and ankles. I considered them mine since I was the only one who ever wore them. With my tan pantyhose, they slipped on quite easily.

I was posing and brushing my hair all alone in the quiet of the winter afternoon.

My parents wanted to go away for the New Year, to celebrate my birthday and their retirement. They were older than my friends' parents, they had me when they were already in their forties. It was a surprise. Wouldn't they be surprised if they saw me now?

When they both turned sixty-two they were ready to retire and they planned a big trip. I begged them to let me stay home when I turned eighteen, I told them they should go on the cruise by themselves, I wanted to spend time with my friends. In actuality, I just wanted to dress up as a girl, by myself in the house. I also didn't want to spoil their vacation, having to worry about me by myself on a ship.

Our house was big and old. We lived on a large Avenue in the middle of Brooklyn, a nice quiet suburban neighborhood. The next-door neighbors were hidden by trees and bushes. I felt so secluded and safe. It was snowing and this was my last day, alone in my femme clothes, alone with my imagination.

Clank. "Oh sorry... chica?" The door to my parents' bedroom opened. "I will just leave these here and put them away later, sorry." She said and then hurriedly closed the door.

"Shit," I murmured. It was Marissa, the Mexican woman who took care of the house for my parents. She usually didn't come in on Mondays, but I guess she was getting ready for my parent's return. "Damn," I didn't even hear her come in. Usually, she had her two young children and I would of definitely of heard something, but she was alone today.

I got nervous and reverted to my male clothes. Washing my face and putting my hair back and a little messy to look a little more masculine. I just had to look at her to see what I should do. I felt quite sick and nervous. I had never been caught before, my parents were hardly ever home.

I heard the radio coming from the back of the house. I walked into the kitchen where Marissa was putting away some groceries. She must have picked them up on the way over. She looked up at me and smiled. "Would you like some lunch, before I go?" I was quiet and just shook my head. I have known her since I was a child. I went to her wedding and watched her kids grow up. They were now two and five. I felt everything was fine and I relaxed a little. Maybe after she was gone for the day I would dress up again, maybe.

Before she left she found me on the porch listening to the TV, watching the snow come down through the foggy window. "I'm going," I heard Marissa call from the doorway. "I won't be back 'til tomorrow, 'kay? When your Mom and Dad come home. Do you need anything?"

"No, thank you."

"Okay, goodbye chica." She paused, then smiled at me and closed the door. She had never called me that before.

***

Three weeks later Marissa asked if I would babysit her kids. It was going to be next Saturday afternoon, only a couple of hours. I always did whatever she asked, both she and her husband were very good to me, and the kids were pretty easy. I have watched them in my house while she was busy working.

I had a job as well as going to my last year of High School. I was pretty busy, but my mother was glad I was going to babysit for the Moreno's. "Don't let her give you any money." She told me. She then gave me twenty dollars.

Marissa and her family lived only six blocks away, but it was a very different neighborhood. I climbed the steps to the third floor of an old building just off Ocean Avenue. I could hear the wind and snow against the outside windows. Juan Moreno was very handy and he did all types of jobs for my father. I could see his handy work all over the third-floor landing. Borrowed pieces and fixtures were strewn all over just waiting to find a home.

I knocked. Marrisa had a big smile on her face. "Ah, come in, come in. You are so wet, come in get all dry." The kids ran up to me as I bent down to say hello. "They love seeing you." She said.

"I love seeing them, thanks for asking me to come over. I haven't been here in such a long time." Just then Juan walked in. He just smiled, rubbed his goatee, patted the kids' heads, and went into another room. "What time are you leaving?" I asked.

"Ooh, not for a while yet, I want to show you something first." Follow me. She then looked at the kids. "George keep an eye on your sister for us."

We walked through the kitchen and into the back bedroom, Marrisa's earrings jingling in front of me. The kids' room was right past it, I saw some toys. She asked me to sit on the bed. "I have something for you, but you must tell me if I am doing the right thing. If I'm not... no worries, 'kay?"

She handed me a small suitcase. I got up and placed it on the bed. I looked at her. "Open it." She told me. Click, click went the clasps. I was suddenly very curious and my hands began to shake. Once the case opened up I saw it contained, something colorful, it was some clothes. There was a nice flowered skirt right on top. I didn't know what to say.

She put her hand on my shoulder. "Is it okay?"

I just smiled. "It is. Are these yours?"

"No, they are YOURS chica." She smiled and gave me a quick hug. "And if you like, you can get dressed to watch the kids."

Now I was nervous. I didn't mind showing Marissa my female self, she already saw me once, but I wasn't comfortable with her husband. She knew what I was thinking as she shook her head. "No worries Juan don't mind I already asked him. Come on let's go."

She gave me a white B cup bra and matching panties and sent me into the bathroom. "Put on the robe hanging on the door when you come out." She told me.

I was in an unfamiliar bathroom, getting undressed then putting on a new bra. It felt a little strange but also a little magical. Here I was with a woman, a friend, who knew my secret and she didn't seem to mind at all. She was actively helping. I slipped on the panties. They were very similar to ones I already owned, they were even the same name brand. I put on the white robe and walked back into the bedroom.

She already had an outfit picked out for me. "How do you like this?" She held up a long white dress, it had multicolored flowers embroidered on it and it was an off-the-shoulder crochet dress. Not too dissimilar to the one from my mother's closet. It was so much more feminine with a tapered waist and so colorful. I couldn't believe I was going to wear something so pretty.

"It's beautiful," I told her, "Can I really try it on?"

"Chica these are all yours now, my sister sent them to me. She always sends me things, I am way too short for this dress." She then held it up below my chin. "See, perfect. Now sit."

First, she wet my hair and put a towel around it, then she started putting some makeup on me. "Not too much it is only the afternoon." She chuckled. Slowly Sabrina started to emerge. Blue eyeshadow, light pink rouge, mascara, and then a dark pink lipstick. She took my hair out of the towel and put some mousse into it. Then came the hairdryer.

The two children walked in to see what all the noise was. "We are almost done." She singsonged to the kids. "Soon Sam.. um, what is your name dear?"

I looked at her and then little Luna. "My name is Sabrina, I'm sorry I never told you."

"Sabrina will come out to play with you two very soon, go find something she will like."

She finished drying my hair. It was so full, it looked shorter, but there was now so much of it. She gave me bangs and cut just a little over my eyes. She then went into the suitcase and pulled out big white plastic earrings. Clipping them on, she stood behind me and tousled my hair. "Well, Sabrina?"

I was speechless, never have I looked this amazing before. Turning my head side to side, I felt I was staring at a woman in the mirror. My hair was perfect and I loved how my earrings dipped below it, it was very sexy. "You must be a genius. I can't believe this is me."

"Well, it is." She made me stand. "Let's get you dressed."

She tenderly lifted the dress over my head, so as not to disturb my makeup. She pulled it down and then adjusted the bra straps so they wouldn't be shown with the shoulderless dress.

"Ooh, I forgot." She then went into the bathroom. She made me hold down the front of the dress and she stuffed washcloths into the bra. "Sometimes we girls need a little help." We giggled as she straightened my new boobs. I sat on the bed and she made me put on a pair of tan knee-highs. The dress was down to my ankles but I wished I was wearing pantyhose, but even the knee highs felt wonderful. Then came another item from the case, a pair of white sandals, with probably a three-inch heel.

She pulled me to my feet and brought me to the mirror. I was so much taller than her. I was 5'8" barefoot and Marrisa had to be around 5'1". Her husband wasn't that much bigger.

"You, my dear are finished." She moved back very happy with her handiwork, checking every little detail. "Well? Why are you so quiet?"

I had no words. This was the last thing I expected this day. The girl in the mirror was begging me to say thank you to Marrisa. I turned around and hugged her. "Thank you, I wish I could be like this all the time."

She started to cry. "Well, I will help you if you want me to, now let us introduce you to the family."

The children seemed very happy having another woman in the house. Baby Luna was mesmerized by the colored flowers on the dress and George just went on playing like this type of thing happens all the time.

The Moreno's were ready to leave to visit friends for the afternoon. "We will be back around 6:00, I left the number on the fridge," Marrisa told me.

When Juan grabbed his coat he said. "I feel much better having a girl watch the kids." He winked and they were gone for the rest of the afternoon, leaving me alone with the children and my new dress.

The Moreno's returned a little before six while I was giving the children dinner. "We are back." I heard Marrisa call from the front door. "Well, how were the little ones?"

"They were fine. They ate all of their dinner." I told her. "I better get ready to go." I hated taking off the outfit I had on. It was a perfect day. When I was done I put everything back in the suitcase.

Marrisa seemed quite happy with me. "Now this is yours, it has a lock, and room for a little bit more." I shook my head and headed to the bathroom. After cleaning my face, I got dressed and headed for the door, missing the girl in the mirror already. I kissed the kids goodbye and then Juan came over to hand me money.

"No, please. It was my pleasure." He looked at me and then shot a look at Marrisa.

"We will start a fund for you then." She laughed and threw me a kiss goodbye.

***

For the next five months, I went to the Morenos almost every Saturday. Marrisa made me dress up and practice my voice. I was even learning a little Spanish. "Ojalá mis tacones altos fueran aún más altos." I said as I paraded in my new pumps that we just bought. My mother gave me money every time I 'babysat' and every time I spent it on a new piece to hide in my suitcase. Marrisa and the kids would usually go shopping with me and my expanded wardrobe was giving me the much-needed confidence to get out of the house and see the world dressed as a girl.

***

Summer vacation was almost starting, and I was cooking for the Moreno's in their kitchen with the kids, while they went to buy a used car. I told my father that they needed something new and he sent them to a friend of his. When they came back, with the car, I was wearing the bright Mexican dress that I wore the first time I babysat, only this time I was wearing beige pantyhose and a sexy sheer panty underneath.

"You do love that dress," Marrisa said when she walked in to see the kids. "It looks a lot like the one I hid in your mother's closet, don't you think?"

I was cleaning up as she was talking. "What, the beige one? You put that there?"

"Of course. Your mother owns nothing but pants, pantsuits. They are fine for her but not for a young woman." She laughed. "I also put the green shirt dress in there too, and a couple of silk panties made their way to the draws. Your mother never asked me about them. Ha ha."

It looks like Marrisa was my mentor from the beginning. "How is the new car?" I asked.

"Nice and big," Juan told me. "Lotsa room for everbody. And eight hundred dollars cheaper than a week ago. It seems your father knows everyone."

I got changed again to go home and started to head out into the warm May afternoon. "Wait a second chica," Juan called me. "Marrisa did you ask about Cooperstown?"

"Ooh, I completely forgot," she said walking over to me. "I already asked your mother."

"What?" I was now excited to hear some news.

"We have a family house In Cooperstown, New York. It's pretty far upstate. I want you to come with us, meet my nephew. There are a lot of people your age, you will have a great time."

"What did my mother say?" I asked.

Smiling Marrisa went into the kitchen and brought out an envelope. "She said have fun and gave me thirteen hundred dollars to get rid of you for the summer."

Shaking my head, "That must of been the amount that camp cost three summers ago." We all laughed.

Juan said, "We have about two weeks or so, we can get things sorted. You will even have your own room."

"You are going to love it there. And wait 'til you meet Sophie. I know she can't wait to meet YOU." Marrisa kissed me goodbye. All I could think about the entire walk home was that I had to get more outfits for the summer, and hopefully a pair of cute wedges.

***

We were on the road in the Moreno's new car, Marrisa, Juan, George, Luna and me. We were heading to Cooperstown, four and a half hours away. I wanted to take the ride dressed up as Sabrina but Marrisa told me we had to do something first when we got there.

Juan was excited that the new car had a cassette player and we listened to Marrisa's tape the entire ride. When she came to clean at the house she listened to country music. Because of her, I had extensive knowledge of the eighties, nineties, and classic country. Unfortunately, she only had one tape, Twenty Years of Dirt by the Dirt Band. They all sang as her favorite song drifted over the Thruway.

'I think Jamaica in the moonlight

Sandy beaches drinking rum every night

We've got no money momma but we can go

We'll split the difference go to Coconut Grove'

They all knew the words and soon so did I as the sky of upstate New York drew closer.

It was early afternoon when we saw the signs to Cooperstown. Driving off route 31, we pulled onto Main street. "There's Rosa's Cantina, my Mommas' restaurant," Marrisa said as we slowed down to take a look. Juan beeped and we waved when they noticed us. "I'll get you a job there. It will be fun, 'me encanta' I will get one for Sophie too, you two will have fun together." She told me and I couldn't wait.

We turned into the block, the street itself was all torn up but Juan maneuvered his way through. We pulled into a long driveway about six blocks from the restaurant. An older woman walked out of the door as we stumbled out of the car. "Mama Rosa," Marrisa said, hugging her.

"The babies are so big, hermosa hija." Rosa said, picking up Luna.

We headed into the big old house and Marrisa showed me to my room for the summer. It was two floors and an attic, and I had the entire attic to myself. It was beautifully decorated, in pink and white, and had nice big windows with flowered curtains looking out toward the trees in the backyard.

"This was my room when I was a teenager. Before I moved to Brooklyn with Juan." Marrisa told me. She laid down on the bed. "The dreams I have had here. Now it's time for you to dream, ha ha." She told me to get cleaned up and meet her downstairs in ten minutes.

Walking down I noticed there were more people than I knew in the house. I was a little embarrassed thinking that all these unknown people would know I was transgendered. I was first introduced to Manuel, Marrisa's nephew, her older sister's son. He seemed very nice and just a little older than me at twenty. He lived to the right of Rosa's house with his mother Milly. He hugged me and whispered we are going to have a busy summer. I told him I couldn't wait, and then I met Sophie.

Sophie lived on the left, geologically not politically, and she was Manuel's best friend. I liked her right away, with her sarcastic sense of humor and no-nonsense personality. "I can't wait to get my hands on this hair." She teased, with her fingers on my head. All of Sophies time must go towards her clothing fund cause she looked amazing in just her faded jeans and t-shirt. I couldn't wait to go shopping with her.

We then went outside, Marrisa wanted to take pictures of me so she could send them to my mother. "I want her to know you are having fun."

"But we just got here. We haven't had time for fun yet." I countered.

"No worries." She said, and we took a bunch with everyone. Doing different activities. I was exhausted after only ten minutes. "Okay now put this on." She said handing me a different shirt. This went on through three more changes of clothes, including shorts and a baseball shirt. I even had to wear Juan's flannel.

"Phew. We're done. Go do what you want you three 'kay." She told us. I didn't know what was happening and we laughed as we went up to my new room.

***

Sophie was enrolled in Empire Beauty School this September. And I was going to be her practice partner for the summer, which was fine with me. Once in my room, Sophie found an outfit for me and the three of us headed to her house. Traipsing right across the driveway and into her basement we ended up in a salon set up. "My father fixed this up two years ago, it's pretty professional."

Sophie made us sit and told us, "I have a couple of locals that come in, I even take care of the women in the nursing home around the corner." I was very excited to get started as she brought me to the sink to wash my hair.

"Aunty M. told us that you are going to be here all summer," Manuel said.

"Whose Aunty M.?" I wondered.

Sophie rubbed my head as she spoke. "That's Aunt Marrisa, we have been calling her that for years. She loves to tell us there is no place like home." She then put a towel around my hair and brought me in front of her mirror in a tall swivel chair.

"Look at this face," She said, slapping my cheek, "It will be gone soon, so say goodbye to it. You will be all-girl when I'm done, so take notes, he he."