Michael or Mac Ep. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That's all it took for the waterworks to start again. Adele's eyes begin to stream, and it sets me off again. We hug again, and she says, "you bugga."

As we separate, I look at Jimmy. "Did that answer your question?" I say when he doesn't respond. I wipe my eyes and try to compose myself.

He nods and then asks, "Adele, how do you handle when fans give you that sort of adulation?"

"Oh crap, look at the state of me," she says. "It's always been a privilege to have people tell me how my music has got them through tough times. What can I say when someone as talented as this guy says it, and the way he sang just a moment ago will stay with me for life." The audience again claps their hands.

The rest of the show goes by in a bit of a haze. Jimmy Fallon tries to keep to his script, but his guests aren't playing ball, and it's only a short time before I am behind the keyboard again doing what should have been my second set, but thanks to Adele, it was now my third.

We go into the after-show, and Jimmy talks to the other guests. Taylor gets up and does a couple of songs. The last forty-five minutes flash by, and before I know it, the goodnights are said, and the cameras are turned off.

Jimmy falls back in his seat, "Christ, guys, that was the most intense program I've done," he says. "Mac, you were better than anyone could imagine. Tonight will be talked about for years to come." He looks into the audience. "Look, nobody wants to go home."

Jimmy is interrupted by one of the directors coming down. "That was our biggest audience so far on the after-show feed--eighty million at the last count," he says, clapping his hands together.

I get up without a word and walk over to Emma. "Are you okay, baby?"

"I'm good, Mac. Some of these guys are waiting for autographs, and they've been stopped from going on the stage," Emma says.

"Okay," I say, turning to get Adele, Taylor, and Keira. "Guys, before you lot disappear backstage, some people are waiting for autographs.

Keira looks at Jimmy. "Isn't he a love? Such a breath of fresh air," she says as they all follow me over to the waiting crowd.

As we make our way to the club, I tell Emma that Keira Knightly will accompany me to the premiere. Emma thought it was funny because she was under the impression Miley was and told me to check.

******

Monday morning, I am sitting in Susan Harper's math room for the week's first lesson.

"Mac," she says as she walks in. "I saw you on Jimmy Fallon's show; you were incredible."

"Shukes, ya just sayin' that," I say, in my best southern accent.

"No, you had me and the rest of the country in tears. It was beautiful, especially when you explained your association with Adele's music. I think you'll find the world has fallen in love with you all over again. I heard one critic say how refreshing it was to hear someone explain their past problems without looking for sympathy."

"Paps thinks I'm asking for trouble by doing this," I say.

"What do you think?" Susan asks, sitting next to me.

"I will always be the public face of C&W. I want to come across as human, not a faceless multi-national corporation," I take a deep breath. "You saw Taylor Swift's reaction to me. She's not the only one. We must communicate better; a familiar face is more approachable than some faceless suit."

"So, what's next?"

"Busy time, the Film festival in France, Glastonbury, Adele wants to meet up, and I have to finish up here before summer in Charleston. Have to get the ball rolling on the revamp of the HQ." I look at her, "you up for a trip to the ranch sometime?"

Susan's face lights up. "What, the whole summer?" She asks.

"As long as you need. I'll even fly you home when you need to go." Susan flings her arms around me and hugs me. "Susan, you will never be forgotten. Don't ever forget that because I won't." I say. This time it's me kissing her on the cheek.

Susan gasps and looks me in the eye--her bottom lip quivers. "I don't know what to say," she finally says.

"You don't need to say a thing other than yes," I say.

The door opens, and Emma walks in. "You two look cozy," she says. Then she sees Susan's face. "Ah, summer invite?" Emma asks.

Susan nods, kisses me on the cheek, and whispers, "Yes." She walks toward the front, past Emma. As she gets close, she pulls Emma into a hug and kisses her on the cheek. "Thank you, Emma." She releases her arms, walks behind her desk, and clears her throat. "Mac, you have a habit of upsetting me before class," Susan smiles at me, takes a deep breath, and focuses on preparing for her class.

"Good morning, baby," Emma says, knocking me out of my train of thought.

"Hey, Em," I reply as she bends for a kiss.

"Hey Susan, guess who's got a date with Keira Knightly?" Emma says, sitting down next to me.

"It's not a date; she's my escort for the evening," I say a little too defensively.

"Isn't she married?" Susan asks.

"Doesn't stop her crushing on my man, though." Emma now has a triumphant look on her face.

"Nooooo, Keira Knightly has a crush on Mac? If he knew that would happen, I would think he would be blind by now."

"What do you mean?" Emma says. My head hits the desk as I see where this is going. Emma laughs, "You've got to tell me now. Judging by Mac's reaction, this should be good."

Susan laughs at this rare opportunity to get one over on me. "Do you not remember Mac's room at my house?"

Emma thinks, and then she remembers. Emma gasps, "You had all the Pirates of the Caribbean posters on your wall. Did you like Keira Knightly back then?"

I take a deep breath and raise my head. "No, I thought Penelope Cruz looked a bit like Emma; they had the same big eyes and bangs," I said.

Neither has an answer as the bell tolls. "Thank you, Emma; that has cheered me up after Mac got me all emotional."

"No, problem. We discussed the summer a while ago, and you are most welcome." Emma smiles at her next-door neighbor as the door opens and the first students enter.

I notice everyone now looks my way as they make their way in. If it wasn't for Susan Harper telling them to hurry up and take a seat. I'm sure they would come over and try to talk.

School life has changed again. People go quiet when I walk down the hallway. My only solitude is when I swim; even though other swimmers share the pool. Luckily they don't spread it around that I'm there because they want to swim and not dodge others.

Emma and I have discussed my leaving, but there's not long left, and she has asked me to hang it out. I try to focus on my lectures and a couple of extra lessons I am taking.

I have found unexpectedly strong support from Donna. She has used her position in the school to voice that people need to give me space. It makes life a little easier as I go through each day.

The last but worst part is that more press and reporters have been poking around. Most have been confronted, and left with their tail between their legs, but some are more stubborn. This has had a knock-on effect on the FBI. Only agent Nicholas comes around to update us and always accompanies Olivia on her visits.

The one silver lining is that I feel I have found a real friend In James Stokes. We have messaged and spoken on Skype. He's an incredible guy, and with what Ron has discovered in his preliminary tests, we could be making a lot of money out of this.

To be continued........

Hope you enjoyed the crossover of the two stories.

Don't forget to fill the stars below

Cheers;)