Mike's Family - Pandora's Box Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled, feeling the warmth and power of their connection. "I know you do...night my love."

They slept until the early morning when Dany snuck out and returned to her room to shower and prepare for the day.

* * * * * * * Road Trip

When Mike woke up that morning, he pondered the situation with his sisters. He wasn't sure how it was possible -- surely his lack of control over his lust was partly to blame -- but however he got here, he was in love with both of them.

Each was unique and unlocked parts of himself, fitting together like puzzle pieces. Erica connected to his mind with her intelligence, and her undeniable refinement and femininity stimulated him in ways no other woman had. Dany held his heart; she burned like a bright light into his psyche and soul, bringing him endless joy. She seemed to have a power that attracted him to her like a magnet he couldn't resist.

They were different and both amazing. It put him in an impossible situation, and he felt like the dumbest and luckiest man ever to walk the Earth. Dumb because he allowed himself to get into this predicament and lucky to have experienced the ultimate forbidden fruit -- by two of the most lovely people he knew.

It was only a matter of time before there was a reckoning; Mike was sure of that. So he blessed his lucky stars that he was about to leave that morning, buying him time to process everything and prepare himself for what he would do when he returned.

When Mike came downstairs, he heard laughter and boisterous chatting. All three women were already at the breakfast table eating. Mike sat down and jumped right into the conversation. Time slowed down as they intermingled, laughing and playing. It was a truly delightful meal.

When the inevitable time for Mike and Janice to leave came, Erica and Dany hugged him. They were careful not to go overboard, but Mike could tell they would miss him as much as he would miss them.

They closed the door behind them, leaving Erica and Danielle standing next to each other.

Erica turned to Dany and said, "Well...on the plus side, we'll get to spend some time together. You'll have to tell me all about school and any boys that are surely beating down your door!"

Dany smiled. "Definitely...let's compare notes. I can't wait to hear more about your big job in the city!"

* * * * * * *

Janice and Mike traveled down the highway in her top-of-the-line Escalade SUV. It was big, spacious, and luxurious, making their long trip more enjoyable.

Mike kept the music low so he and his mom could chat. They had not spent time together like this for many years. She was never the same since her husband -- Mike's father -- passed away seven years before. The beautiful, vivacious, and outgoing woman from his childhood had been replaced by a more reserved and stern woman. She was still beautiful but no longer outgoing; instead, she stayed at home and rarely went out into the world to live life. It was as if some part of her had broken and never quite returned.

Janice had been a very young mother -- a situation that would not bode well in the modern era -- and that meant that the only life she knew and the only man she had ever been with was Mike's father. Without him by her side, she no longer felt complete.

It was sad for Mike and his siblings to see how affected their passionate and loving mother had become over the loss of their father. For years, they hoped she would put herself out there and find love. God knew any men who went near her would have jumped at the chance to be with her.

She was an incredibly attractive brunette with dark hair and bright golden eyes. Her darker olive skin spoke of a descendancy that she never talked about. Mike knew it was because her father had absconded with her, deserting her family overseas at a young age.

He was a much older, wealthy man who likely saw her as a prize he had to have. Her beauty and elegance had rubbed off on her two daughters, leaving Mike the odd one out with his white complexion and Nordic features. Mike had thought that perhaps he got those features somewhere deep in his father's line, but now that was in question. He planned on confronting his mother to hear her confession when the timing was right.

Mike remembered when Dany blossomed as an early teen and got in trouble for dressing provocatively at school. Their mom came down hard -- too hard -- on her, grounding her and keeping a watchful eye. She would not have approved of the party he allowed Danielle to throw, much less the series of events that followed between them the previous week.

Interrupting Mike's thoughts, Janice said, "For the first time in forever, the house will be empty tomorrow."

"You know...you're right...It didn't even occur to me that Dany is starting the school year, and Erica has her first day of work."

"I remember when you were all little...we went on some amazing vacations, didn't we?"

"We did...those were some of my best memories. I only wish we could have gone on more...but, well, we know what happened...."

Janice glanced at Mike, a knowing look in her eye, before turning back to focus on the road. "Mike...It's been hard for me, as you know...and I am beginning to realize that I have to move on before life passes me by. It's like I was frozen in ice when your father passed. He was a lot older than me, so he at least had a good life, but I only ever experienced life with him since I was so young."

"I'm glad to hear you talk about how you feel. Does that mean you're going to start dating finally?"

Breathing a long sigh, Janice continued. "Mike...I don't think I'm ready for that. But I do have some other thoughts on what I'd like to do...it's not something I'm ready to talk about, though."

"It's ok...I get it. I'm here if you want to talk." Mike knew she would share with him when the time was right.

"I appreciate that...but speaking of relationships, when are you going to find someone you can have a long-term commitment with?"

Mike knew his Mom had a keen and watchful eye, noting the many women he had flings with in recent years - none of them amounting to more than a few weeks in length. He definitely liked the sex but had trouble letting them in and feeling anything remotely like love. It was only until very recently that Mike found himself in the improbable position of discovering that he could fall in love.

"Actually, Mom...I may have recently grown in that department...."

"Why do I sense there's a 'but" coming?"

"Promise not to judge me?"

"Of course, baby...I'm here to listen."

"The problem isn't that I couldn't find someone to have a deeper relationship with. The problem is that I found there are two people...and both of them are amazing and unexpected."

"This sounds an awful lot like you haven't changed your ways -- you've dated multiple women at the same time...didn't you have three you were bringing home last fall?"

"First, how do you even know that!?"

"You think you're sneaking, but you're not as slick as you think." Janice grinned at him knowingly.

"Ok, well, second, this is different."

"How so?"

"I love these women."

Janice almost laughed out loud since she thought Mike was surely just fooling himself. "That's sweet, Mike, but no matter how you feel, you already know that doesn't add up in the long run."

"What are you saying?"

"Mike...I'm no expert -- I've only ever been in one relationship -- but I can't imagine that can lead to a good outcome. Either you choose one of them, and/or they find out you've been with the other and feel hurt."

"Yeah...I know..." Mike looked out the window, becoming despondent.

Janice put her hand on his knee and turned to him. "But you know what? You've always found a way through everything this family has gone through. This might be tough, but you'll find a way through this."

"Thanks, Mom."

Mike appreciated the way she helped put him at ease, and he used the pause in conversation to change the topic. "Well, I must say, I'm really glad you're going on these trips with us. It means a lot to all of us."

"Thanks, baby. I'm hoping to go on more trips from now on. As nice as our place is, I can't always be holed up there."

Mike sighed his own breath of relief. "That's great, Mom! I've worried about you and how you're really doing...and I'm glad we get to spend this time together, going out on adventures, just like old times."

Mike's smile was genuine and relieving to Janice. She knew Mike worried about her, which was evident in recent years. He was always doting on her and ensuring she was cared for.

"Mike...I really appreciate everything you do for me. You've been my rock since your father passed. I'm hoping you let me take care of you on this trip. You can relax as I've arranged each day so we can enjoy the sights in each place we visit."

"That's good...I've been preoccupied lately and haven't had a chance to even think about this trip...something's been bothering me...."

"Oh...Honey, is there something else on your mind? You can tell me." Janice put one of her elegant hands on Mike's arm and squeezed reassuringly."

Mike turned his head to face Janice as she drove down the empty highway, occasionally glancing at Mike.

"I had hoped to bring this up to you when we were alone...and you don't get more along than this...so here goes." Mike took a deep breath. "Is there something you want to tell me about my birth?"

Janice did not react. She merely replied, "Like what?"

"Erica already told me...you don't have to pretend...I know I'm adopted."

Janice wasn't processing what he said. Of course, he wasn't adopted. She could remember the day she held him in her arms, having just given birth to him.

She was a patient and insightful person, though. She could tell this was a serious topic and decided she needed to ask questions to understand where something so absurd could come from. Maybe she could get context before getting to the bottom of it.

"Ok, so when did she tell you?"

"A couple of weeks ago, the first day she was here...when she came back."

"Ok...and why do you think she told you?"

Mike thought, pausing for a few long moments. "Well, she and I were complimenting how we looked...you know, like in our swimsuits..." -- Mike stumbled, feeling awkward and trying to find the best way to tell her without revealing too much -- "...and I felt guilty for looking at her the way I was...and that's when she told me."

"And how were you looking at her?"

Mike looked out the passenger window for a moment, then back at the ever-incoming highway in front of them. "I was looking at her in a way that I shouldn't have been."

Janice thought it through. Erica most likely made that story up so Mike wouldn't feel so guilty looking at her body. Janice could understand Mike's dilemma; Erica was a very beautiful woman -- especially after she came back from living overseas. It would be hard for any man not to look at Erica that way.

"Mom, I know it wasn't right to look at her that way...but I couldn't help feeling...attracted to her...."

Janice realized Mike was a horny young man, and she wanted to protect him from feeling too badly about how he looked and thought about Erica. Janice assumed that all Mike did was look and feel guilty afterward.

Janice herself had some awareness of how difficult it could be to turn off a natural attraction, regardless of one's relationship with the other person. She had been so lonely for so many years, unable to bring herself to date another man. When Mike quickly grew into not just a man but an unbelievably attractive one, she felt herself drawn to him. He was not only attractive but also reminded her of the part of herself that was missing when his father passed.

When Mike worked out in the backyard exercise area lifting weights, she had watched his manly body flex as he worked his muscles. Sometimes those images of Mike fueled her mind as she masturbated. She felt terrible when she did that. What a hypocrite she was after working so hard to rein in Danielle's precocious ways while she entertained thoughts about her son. They were only thoughts...and occasional fantasies, and even though they would never be acted upon, she knew it was wrong and still felt such shame.

Perhaps it was her own guilt over her own secret attraction that caused her not to directly contradict Mike's misbelief about being adopted.

Either way, she decided to hold off on contradicting Erica before talking to her first. There had to be a good reason to tell Mike what she had since Erica was normally as honest and straightforward as they came.

"Baby -- you know I love you no matter what, right?"

"Yeah...I do."

"Regardless of how you came into this family, I think the real issue is about how you feel about your sister....right?"

"Yes...and I really was dreading sharing that with you."

"I know I have been harsh in my judgments, especially in past years...and I know it took a lot of courage being vulnerable with me just now...so what I have to say might surprise you."

She had Mike's attention. He turned his head, looking at her. He said, "Ok...?"

"This might not be the prevailing stance, but I think it's okay to have feelings like you have...it's a normal part of human sexuality."

"You mean, you don't think I'm weird for having these thoughts and feelings about my sister?"

"Mike, we aren't always able to control everything we think and feel. There doesn't have to be shame in how you feel, so long as you don't act those thoughts and feelings out in real life."

Mike was happily surprised by his mother's response to his admission but also knew there was no way she could conceive of the truth that he not only had feelings of attraction for his sister but had acted them out -- on both his sisters.

"Thanks, Mom. I appreciate you not making me feel terrible."

"Of course, baby." She turned to look at him and smiled reassuringly, shining her gleaming teeth and radiant golden eyes as she squeezed his arm.

He appreciated her reassurance. His mom could make his heart melt with her lovely smiles when she wanted to.

* * * * * * * The Hotel

When they arrived many hours later at the exceptionally posh hotel Janice had picked out, Mike shook his head, incredulous.

"Mom, you didn't have to book a four-star hotel!"

"You're the one telling me I need to get out and spend some of the fortune I'm sitting on! Besides, I want to make sure I take care of my baby!" She reached out and playfully pinched Mike's cheek.

Mike chuckled. His mom was the doting type and made him feel special even in the intervening years of loneliness when she was not in the best place herself.

The hotel valet waited, opening the door facing the grand entrance. Mike got out and walked around to the back of the SUV. "I'm taking the bags up to our room -- I need the exercise."

Janice watched as Mike carried all their luggage, his muscles bulging in his tight-fitting t-shirt. She followed behind, watching his butt flex in his tight jeans. She was so proud of how he turned out. He was so handsome; how he cared for his body was extraordinary -- and hard not to notice.

When they arrived at the desk, Mike waited while Janice chatted with the hotel agent. After some discussion, she took the keycards from the desk clerk and led the way to the elevator.

When Mike followed his Mother into their room, he was immediately surprised.

"Mom -- why is there only one bed in here?"

"They messed up and booked our rooms for someone else...this was all they had. It's a nice room but only has one king-size bed. I did ask them to contact me if a second room opens up. Are you ok if we share the room?"

"I suppose...yeah, that works," Mike said. He dropped the luggage near the bed, trying to decide which side to claim.

The room was opulent and large, with marble accents, including a living room, stand-alone hot tub, and massive open shower, separate from the main bathroom area.

Turning to his Mother, Mike said, "This place is crazy big...and so nice!" He was clearly impressed.

"If we have to share a room, at least it's up to your standards," Janice said sarcastically with a wry smile on her expressive lips.

Mike grinned. "Says the imperial queen of all things luxury!"

Janice gave a half-suppressed laugh. Mike had her there. She definitely had always enjoyed the finer things in life -- partly why she had left her home at a young age to marry a much older and wealthy man in the first place.

After they explored the room, they unpacked their belongings and scheduled to have dinner at the well-known restaurant that was built into the hotel. It had been a long trip on the road, and the day had already slipped into the evening.

Since they had traveled a lot, they both opted to keep a low profile and stay in comfy clothes, even though it likely broke the restaurant's dress code.

* * * * * * * Dinner

The hotel restaurant was large and lavish. Seating was either out in the open-spaced tables or in more private booths. Janice had always opted for privacy, so that drove where they chose to be seated.

The waiter arrived. He took a moment to assess them, clearly not impressed with their dress code violation. "Here are your menus," he said as he turned and walked away without even asking what they'd like to drink.

"Well, that was rude," Janice said.

"You gotta forgive him...would you take us seriously dressed like this? I don't know if you looked around, but people are decked out here -- this place must be a big deal."

"I suppose you're right. I'll let it go, but if we eat here again, it will be different...I can promise you that!" Janice wore a sly expression on her animated face.

Mike picked up his menu and flipped it around. "I know the university is near here, but we're not scheduled there until Tuesday. What do you have planned for us tomorrow?"

"I thought we could stay in the city here and check out the sights. I hope that's ok?"

"Of course it is! We haven't done something like this in forever!"

Janice smiled brightly. "Ok, good!" She felt elated -- she liked making Mike happy.

They eventually got their orders in, and their server finally started to take notice when Janice ordered the most expensive bottle of wine on the menu.

She said, "There...you see? Now he's all good manners. People really are predictable when it comes to money."

"Oh, Mom...you just like flashing your bling...I get it!" Mike enjoyed teasing her.

"Please...you don't seem to disdain the benefits of my support," she said with a mocking expression.

She had him there. Mike changed the topic.

"On the ride out here, you mentioned you were thinking about some things...I don't want to push since it sounded like it was a sensitive topic...?"

Janice took a swig from her wine glass and looked directly into Mike's eyes, searching for reassurance before speaking. "Mike, if I tell you...you have to swear to secrecy."

"I swear."

"You know I have not been with any men since your father--"

"Mom, are you finally going to date!?" Mike looked excited.

"Mike...I can see why you might come to that conclusion...but that's not it." She sighed and looked down, a pensive expression on her face.

"I was so sure...I know you haven't been happy...aren't you ever lonely?"

"Of course...and the big decision I've come to is...related to all that."

"It is?"

"Yes."

"...sorry for interrupting...please go on."

"So...I thought long and hard about what made me happy. Yes, a partner is big and certainly something good to have. After much soul searching, I realized what it is that I really want."

"What?" Mike hung in suspense.

"When I tell you, you have to promise not to judge me."

"I promise...cross my heart." Mike leaned forward, intent on hearing his mother reveal her most private secret.

123456...8