Milly Scott Pt. 01: The Artist and the Cop

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charles looked at her, “I have to confess that these two do look pretty good, but don’t do yourself down. You look good and remember that you have me.” He grinned at the two of us and added, “Besides I now get to escort three beauties and will be the envy of all men here and maybe a few women.” That set the tone for the evening and I am pleased to say that he was an excellent dancer and he rarely got the chance to sit down all evening.

I got the opportunity to chat with Mary. She explained some interesting and helpful snippets about life as the partner of a police officer. I sat quietly and she asked me what I was thinking, “You’re about the same age as my mum. I was wishing that she could be like you.” She asked about my parents and I gave her a brief outline of our history.

“Milly I’d be very proud to be your mother; you’re beautiful, smart, talented and have been through some tough times. A good mother would have, should have, helped you.” At that point Joe joined us and sat beside Mary. She turned to him, “You always wanted a daughter. Well now you have one, I’ve decided to adopt Milly.” He looked stunned. “I’ll explain later, now how about you take me for a dance instead of ogling all this gorgeous young talent.” With that they went away.

During the evening several of Jenny’s male colleagues came over to introduce themselves. One even said, “Thank goodness she found you. She’s been pretty cheerful these last few months. Before that she was so sad. Just one more thing, please just kiss my cheek, I’ve got a bet with some mates.”

I laughed at his impudence, but far from this being the difficult evening I’d expected I was enjoying myself. “Only if I get a dance first.” He smiled and escorted me to the floor. He was gentleman and got his reward. That seemed to open the floodgates and several others came over to ask for a dance. I obliged them all and they all got a kiss on the cheek.

It was late by the time we reached our room. I’d enjoyed the evening and danced so much that I needed to get these heels off. Looking good was one thing, but they were only five-hour shoes and they were past their sell-by date.

I put my handbag down and kicked the heels off. I turned and asked Jenny to help me with the zip. She lowered it slowly and stroked each part of my back as the flesh was exposed. When dress was pooled around my hips she turned me round and said, “Please don’t speak. I’ve waited all evening for this and I want to drink you in. You looked spectacular and I’m so in love with you. I dreamt of this for years and often cried because I never thought that I’d see you again and now you’re almost naked in my bedroom.” I stroked her hair as she kissed the tops of my legs and belly while somehow managing to undress herself at least as far as her stockings. Jenny gently pushed me backwards and nestled between my legs. “Oh, god Milly I’m in heaven.” She kissed, licked, nibbled and sucked. She inserted some fingers and I held her head and pulled on her hair. It took twenty minutes until I was recovered enough to take her to the same place.

When I opened my eyes I saw her looking right back at me from a few inches away. The sheets were tangled and the place smelled of sex. “Give me two minutes and I’ll be right back.” As I walked to the bathroom I glanced at the clock. “We have three hours to dress, get breakfast and check out, so how are we going to fill the other two hours?”

We had sex sixty-nine style for ages and then went for a shower, where we managed to get water all over the floor. We missed breakfast!

After the dance

When Jenny came round after work two days later she was gushing and had to tell me to stop cooking to listen to her. “I feel so great. The guys thought that you were gorgeous, too good for me actually, but they loved that you joined in and that you danced and kissed them. One or two told me how lucky I was. I am and I love you. I know that it scared you, but I loved that you were brave enough to go. Now I need a hug.”

A few days later I bumped into Isha and we went for coffee. It seems that being married to a white male caused her some issues with her family and his family were not entirely welcoming either. It caused a strain and the idea of kids was something that no one wanted to consider except Isha. I knew all about prejudice from my parents so I had some sympathy, but I still couldn’t understand why people were like that. Isha was stunningly gorgeous, clever and warm. What was the problem?

Jenny and I settled into a routine that depended on her shifts. She would come over when she could, although not every evening. When she had days off we would spend the time together. It was easy and fun, different from Alex, but great nonetheless.

“Jenny, you remember I told you about Jess and her two kids? I’ve invited them to spend four days here with me. You’re late shift most of that week, but I’d like you to have dinner with us and meet them. I’m sure they’ll like you.” She agreed.

There’s a bus that runs up to Glasgow every day, it stops at various towns including Penrith. Jess told me that they were on the bus and that they had a mobile phone with my number for emergencies. As I drove to collect them I realised just how excited I was. My phone pinged and I stopped to check the message -- ‘25 miles to Penrith, J&Fx’

I smiled and sent a reply - ‘Look for woman with red coat, an umbrella and a rolled up newspaper.’

Fiona bounced down the steps wearing a rucksack and grabbed me. “Red coat -- check, umbrella -- check, no paper!” She turned to Jane who had just walked over with a holdall almost the same size as she was. “It’s not her, no paper, back on the bus!” They both hugged me and I was laughing already.

There was a fight to sit in the front and another one to tell me all of the news. Jane let Fiona go first, possibly because she was so hyper she might go pop. Then Jane said, “Jess is horrified about letting us come by ourselves, convinced that we’ll get lost - even though we never got off the bus, sure that we will be abducted or that you’ll be late. I love her to bits, but wow!”

Fiona laughed, “That’s all true, but when she knows that we’re safe, the two of them will be able to spend a few days doing all that lovey, kissy stuff!”

They were excited to see the scenery as we travelled to my village and they thought that my cottage was ‘cute.’ I took them through to the spare room and they looked at each other. “Is something wrong?” I asked.

“No, but we’ll be home sick and will need to sleep with you.” The look on Jane’s face was one of complete seriousness.

I saw Fiona sending a message and managed to peep over her shoulder. ‘Arrived safe, nice place, have Milly tied up under bed. All fine.’

“You just sent that?” She looked up and nodded with a puzzled look. My phone rang.

“Hi, Jess. They’re here and fine.”

“No, not yet they’re just tying my ankles together.”

I looked at the two of them who were laughing and said, “You need to go easy on me and remember don’t tie the knots too tight.”

Jane looked at Fiona and said, “She’s a keeper.”

They wanted to go walking in the hills and round the lake so I checked the clothes that they had. “You don’t really have the right stuff; it can be risky if the weather changes. Are you sure that you want to do that anyway?” They nodded and looked disappointed.

“Okay, we can fix that. Get a jacket and let’s go.” They looked puzzled.

Two hours later we were back home and they dashed to try on their new stuff; walking shoes, trousers, good jackets, woolly hats and big socks. They looked great and were thrilled, nearly as thrilled as I was.

We walked down to the pub. Reg, the barman, did a double take. I smiled at him, “I know they’re young, but they will behave, won’t get drunk and besides I know the police round here.”

He laughed, “So young ladies what will it be beer, whisky, wine or cola?”

“Low alcohol shandy for me,” said Fiona. Jane laughed as she asked for a cola.

Bob was sitting at the end of the bar as usual and I saw Fiona look over at him, “He’s watching us.”

I looked over, “Fancy a pint Bob?” He nodded and raised an eyebrow. “My nieces, well adopted nieces; Jane and Fiona. Watch the smaller one or she’ll steal your walking stick.”

He beckoned them over and they went hesitantly. He bent down and that clearly took some effort for him. He spoke to them quietly and then pointed at Jane’s ear, where he found a two pound coin. They both gasped. He took Fiona’s hand and when he opened it there was a pound coin in it. We all looked surprised and I heard him tell Fiona to move her left foot, there was another coin underneath it.

He resumed his seat and I went over to thank him. “Daughters of thon lassie you had in here a while back?”

“Yes they are. Here for a couple of days.” He smiled at me and we all went to sit down.

“Who’s he?”

“He’s always in here. I got into the habit of buying him a drink. He doesn’t say much, but I like him.”

“I don’t know how he does the magic tricks, but it’s clever. He told me that he’s in love with you.”

I laughed. “I don’t know how he does it either, never seen him do it before. He told your mother that he was in love with her as well, but he also told me that if he was a few years younger he’d run off with Victoria.”

There were no children’s meals so the girls ordered from the full menu and cleared their plates. We’d talked all through dinner and I laughed at their nonsense and bad jokes.

Sure enough, I’d been in bed for ten minutes. This time they didn’t bother to knock just ran in and dived under the duvet, one on either side, I looked at Fiona, “You know that your mother wouldn’t approve?”

She looked up at me with the biggest widest eyes and in the saddest voice said, “We’re homesick.”

Jane laughed louder than I did and added, “What she doesn’t know....” She grabbed me round the waist and cuddled behind me. Fiona backed in to my stomach and that’s how we slept.

When I woke the next morning, it was still early and I was alone. I needed to check on them and found them in the kitchen eating toast and drinking tea. Jane looked at me, smiled and said, “We’re excited and had to get up. I hope you don’t mind us helping ourselves, we do it at home.”

“My home is your home for the next few days, just be careful not to hurt yourselves. I worried when you weren’t in bed, I was lonely.”

They dashed over and hugged me. Fiona looked up, smiled and said, “Liar! There’s a pot of tea, want a cup?”

By the time that I’d showered and dressed the two of them were ready to leave wearing their new outfits. I took a rucksack with some essentials and we set off. It was a dull day and not too warm, but the scenery was beautiful and the two of them walked as if they were exploring new parts of the universe. They tried to identify trees and wild flowers, wanted to know the names of the lakes and tried to engage some cows in conversation. I’d not enjoyed a day out so much since I’d taken them shopping.

They kept their outfits on during the late afternoon when we went into Ambleside. They met Ben and told him that my work was the best in his gallery. When a customer came in Jane tried hard to get her to buy one of my pieces. She was disappointed that she’d failed.

As we walked past an outdoor-supply shop, Fiona asked for a walking pole. She hadn’t needed it that morning, but I’d have bought her anything that she wanted. They each got one. In the supermarket they picked out some things that they liked to eat and we headed home.

After a huge portion of pasta they yawned. I’d tired them out and they fell asleep lying side by side on the couch. I tidied up and then sat in an armchair with a glass of wine. I made no pretence about doing anything else, I simply watched them. I’d fallen in love and knew that, already, I didn’t want them to leave.

I called Jess and gave them an update about our day. She was shocked that we had gone into the hills, “But they don’t have the right kit for that Milly.”

“They do now. I got them everything they needed and this afternoon they wanted walking poles for our hike tomorrow. Don’t worry, they’ll be fine.”

I woke them up at nine and we had hot chocolate with marshmallows, something I knew they liked. Jane sat beside me and quietly said, “Thanks for today Milly we enjoyed it. Would you tell us about Alex?” I was stunned and sat for a moment. What do I tell them?

I started at the beginning and told them everything, except about the sex. They asked questions and listened attentively. When I described the accident I was crying and they both hugged me. I told them about running away and coming to the Lake District, about Jenny finding me and then bumping into her in the pub.

Fiona hugged me, “That’s a lovely story Milly. Love and tragedy. But now you have us and we love you.”

I held off until I reached my room and then cried, partly for Alex and my loss, partly because the girls were so nice and understanding. I had no idea that kids could be so perceptive. There was no pretence that night. They walked into my room as if they had a right to be there and got in bed beside me. It was Jane who spoke, “Sorry if we upset you, but we’ll hold you and it’ll be okay.” She kissed my cheek.

They were both watching me when I opened my eyes. What a joy to wake up like that.

They wanted to walk again. This time we drove to Ullswater, where we parked the car and walked to Aira Force, an impressive waterfall, and along the circular Hayeswater Gill trail. The scenery was spectacular and we were lucky to see some red deer. We all needed a seat, so had lunch in a cafe before setting off to Dove Cottage, the home of Wordsworth. I was shocked yet again that they knew things about Wordsworth and took an interest in his life.

The three of us were exhausted and I suggested pizza, but was shot down and told that we were going back to the pub. Fiona approached the bar, “Excuse me, my sister and I would like to by that gentlemen a pint please.”

Reg looked troubled, “I can’t actually serve you or allow you to buy alcohol, now if Milly were to...”

I stepped in, but I was impressed at their kindness. Bob beckoned Fiona over and spoke quietly to her.

When our food arrived Jane asked Fiona what Bob had said, “He thanked me, us, for being kind and he also said that he’d changed his mind and wanted to run away with me instead of Milly or Victoria. Is that a bit creepy?”

“No, he was joking and being nice. I’m just not sure that he’s used to little girls. He must like the two of you because he rarely speaks. I met him outside once and we came in together, he announced that he had a date with me. The whole pub stopped, I thought it was funny. Look at his shoes, they’re well worn, but must have been good quality and are always polished. His clothes are good as well just very well worn and a little shabby. He’s always clean and smells nice. I suspect that he was in the army once.”

I held their hands as we walked to my room. Why pretend? I wanted them with me and they seemed to want to be there. I slept well again and dreamed of having daughters, just like these two.

The next couple of days flew past. We set the table as Jenny was coming for dinner and they both went away to change and came wearing the dresses and shoes that I’d bought for them a few months ago. Their hair was combed and they wore lip gloss. “You two look very nice. Is that my lip gloss?”

“We want to make an impression on Jenny. It’s important to you. No, it’s not your lip gloss; we stole this one from Karen. We have a selection, but none of yours. Yet.”

I thought that I should change as well and when I was checking my own make-up I called them through. “You get to pick one each, but a secret. Deal?”

They grinned, “Deal.” Karen’s was removed and they each used the one that picked. Fiona sat at my mirror. She grinned at me as she picked up my mascara, raising an eyebrow challenging me to object. What was the point? I loved this; I patted her shoulder and walked away. When they later appeared they both had traces of eye shadow and mascara. Very light, but it was there.

Jenny was nervous when she arrived. She greeted the girls a little apprehensively. Where was the tough cop now I wondered? The three of them sat. The girls told her about their adventures and then the questions started. Where did she live? Had she been married? Did she have kids? How long had she been in the police? Had she seen a dead body? Worked on a murder? It was relentless and she answered as simply as she could. No, she didn’t know about the guy who abducted people and kept them under his bed.

Then the question that stopped me from breathing. Fiona looked at her with a most serious look on her face, “Do you love Milly? Really love her?”

Jenny looked at me. I nodded. “Yes, yes I do very much, but we’re just getting to know each other so....”

Jane came over to me and looked up, “I like her.”

That was it - approval. I found that I’d been holding my breath and when I looked at Jenny, she clearly felt relief as well.

As we ate they kept asking questions, mainly about police work. Jenny answered and seemed to have relaxed.

The evening had gone well and Jenny wanted to stay. “Okay you two young ladies, my girlfriend is staying the night, you two will need to behave and stay in your own beds.” They looked disappointed.

As I walked past their room I heard Jane say, “Give them ten minutes and then we go to their room.”

I dropped my clothes on the chair and pulled on a long T shirt and threw one to Jenny. “You’ll need this, we have guests.”

“They won’t come in here will they?” She looked shocked.

“I’d say two or three minutes.”

We had just pulled the duvet up when the door opened. They dashed in and dived onto the bed. Fiona looked at Jenny with her big eyes and said, “We need police protection there are some bad people about. Help us please.”

Jenny looked at me in total disbelief, but it was no use, tears were running down my cheeks as I laughed. It was a little tight with four of us in the bed, but we all fell asleep.

Jenny came with me the next morning as we drove to Penrith. We’d eaten breakfast together and the two girls talked nonstop during the whole journey. As we neared the bus station Fiona said, “Milly we’ve enjoyed our visit. Can we please come again soon?” I pondered the big question, rubbing my chin as if I had to think about it. I told them that they could visit anytime as long as they bought their walking gear.

Jenny held back as I walked to the bus with them, one on each side. “Have a safe trip and thank you for coming. I loved having you here.”

Jane gave me a big hug, “I loved it too.”

Fiona kissed my cheek and whispered, “Thanks Milly. I loved it and want to come back. I love you.”

As the bus pulled away I waved and burst into tears. Jenny held me, “You enjoyed having them didn’t you?”

“Yes I did. They were great.” I called Jess to tell her that they were on the bus.

Jenny and I went for lunch and then she dropped me off. She had a very early start the next morning and thought it better to spend the night at her own place.

Jess called to let me know that the girls arrived safely and would not shut up about their visit, “Did you say that they could come back in a couple of weeks?”

I laughed, “No I didn’t, but I said that they were welcome anytime.”

“Milly, I warned you about offering them stuff. They seem to have some new lip gloss, which I assume they stole, and the walking clothes must have cost a fortune.”

“The lip gloss I gave to them. The night that Jenny came over they made a real effort to get dressed up and I let them have the ones that they wanted. They looked stunning and I didn’t see that it would do any harm. The clothes were what they needed for hill walking. They should get what use they can out of them because they’ll grow so much. If they come back I’ll replace what they need.”

1...345678