Mindgames Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Master Gabriel said softly. "You say that no one in this place understands art, or cares about it. And all the time Rose is under your nose. Not a helpless child. Not concerned only with sex and gruel. She would die for your art." He added disgustedly, "And you would kill her for it."

Master Animal looked stricken. "What have I done?" he murmured.

"Something evil," Master Gabriel said darkly.

Master Animal turned to Master Gabriel like a pleading child. "What do I do?"

Master Gabriel shrugged and said coldly, "Ask her forgiveness. Beg her for it like you've made her beg."

Master Animal looked down at Rose, still at his feet, and gave a strangled sob. Mariah snorted sarcastically. Master Gabriel took her firmly by the elbow and led her towards the courtyard door. But he stopped and looked back at Master Animal. "If you ever lay a hand on her again, you know I'll . . . I'll . . ."

"I swear it, brother," Master Animal said fervently. But he was still looking at Rose as he spoke.

Indicating to Mariah to stay where she was, Master Gabriel walked over to Rose and sat next to where she still lay on the floor. Mariah expected him to imitate her breathing. But instead he touched the back of her head. "You don't have to stay with him," he said. "You can come with me if you want."

Rose didn't lift her head. The only acknowledgment that she heard Master Gabriel was a sniffle.

Master Animal turned his back on them. "Yes, Rose, the choice is yours," he said, his voice unsteady. "Go with Gabriel if you wish."

Rose struggled up to a kneeling position. Her face was red and blotchy. "You're sending me away?"

"No!" Master Animal said. "Never! I'm giving you a choice. Go with Gabriel, who would never think of harming you, who will protect you and help you. Or stay with me. I can only give you my word . . ." He trailed off.

Rose didn't hesitate. She walked on her knees over to Master Animal. "Please, master," she pleaded. "I want to stay with you."

"If that's true, Rose," Master Gabriel said slowly, "then stand up. He'll never ask you to kneel before him again. He'll treat you with respect and kindness, as you deserve. And if he doesn't . . ." He looked meaningfully at Master Animal.

Master Animal nodded. He reached down and gently tugged Rose up. "I should be on my knees before you," he murmured brokenly.

"This I've got to see," Mariah muttered from the doorway. Master Gabriel turned and shushed her. As he led her from the room Rose and Master Animal were standing forehead to forehead, crying.

12