Money Well Spent

Story Info
Life in the hood brings siblings together.
11.8k words
4.57
35.6k
68
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi gang!! So sorry for the long time between stories. Been fighting life and writer's block. My absence has dulled some of my skills, but I'm trying this one out as a test balloon to get back in the swing of things. I admit it's not my greatest by far. But please bear with me. As always the people in this fiction are all over the age of 18, and the incestuous sex is consensual. If that is not your bag, leave now. For all others...ENJOY!!

*****

I hate living in "the hood." Contrary to what you might have heard from hip hop videos, living in "the hood" is the shits!! Let me tell you; unless you're a part of "the game" (guns, drugs, gangs, and whores), life in the hood is the pits for regular people. I for instance graduated 5th in my class out of High School. I played football, basketball and ran track. But I wasn't the tops in any of those sports. Thus, I couldn't get any scholarships to go to college. Worse yet, I got caught up in a drug sting where my best friend Rodney got pinched with 40 pounds of weed for sale. In order to get a lighter sentence, he rolled over on me. And even though the police never had any evidence against me, my public defender didn't put up any kind of fight against my charges and got me a plea deal for 3 years (Year and a half in, four years of probation). None the less, I have a record I didn't really earn on my own. I now have to try and work as best I can. Flipping burgers and frying chicken for a menial wage (most of which goes to my mother for rent, another part going to court), as well as hustling with old Mr. Roberson as a "maintenance apprentice," he calls it. "Underpaid personal slave," I call it. To make my life even worse, pussy in the hood is almost reserved for the worst of the worst in the neighborhood. Gangbangers and drug dealers seem to get the lion's share of women where I live. My sister Destiny was no different.

Growing up, Destiny was the typical little black girl in pigtails. Reading, writing, and exceling in school. Then in High school, she discovered boys and the desire to attract their attention. Almost overnight, her demeanor transformed along with her body. Before you knew it, the less she cared about grades, the less she started to wear. So, it came as no surprise that she got pregnant when she was 17. This revelation made my mother blow a gasket to no end. Yet, we welcomed my niece Aubrey into the family none the less. Even more so when her father got sent up the river for a 25 year stretch for drugs. But Destiny (never one to let a bad idea go untried), got pregnant a little over a year later. When Momma heard of the twins, she was swift to kick my sister out of the house. This time, the clown that she was screwing caught an attempted murder rap, along with a drug charge which sent him up for life! By then, Destiny had gotten her GED and was able to get her own government assisted apartment. Over the years, she has changed little. Still smoking, drinking, partying, and working little part time jobs to keep her place. Our relationship for the most part consists of her always borrowing money and trying to cock block me in the pussy department.

This is the scene that I walked into on a warm Friday night after work. I was dog tired after having to work a double shift for another female co-worker who "mysteriously" got sick on payday (an offense that gets most people fired, save for the fact that everyone believes she's fucking our manager). But after my 2 weeks of hard work, I had a nice, sizable check stashed away in my bank account, $400 in my pocket, and an itch for some new shoes. At times like this (which isn't often), I take a trip to the swap meet market to get a new outfit and check out "Paul's" night club. While I haven't gotten lucky often (especially since Destiny frequents there and always seems to want to interfere), it's a nice retreat for me to try and get up on some ass, have a drink or two, and unwind.

Walking in the door smelling like all hell broke loose, I was half expecting Mom to be in the kitchen bitching and crying on the phone to her girlfriends. But thankfully enough, she was gone. If I ventured to guess, she might have been down at Mrs. Washington's crib, drinking and smoking herself. Saying a silent prayer, I marched to my room, grabbed some fresh clothes, and parked my tired ass in the shower. Given the time, if I hurried, I could still catch the bus to the swap meet and grab my new fit. The water felt warm and refreshing as I washed off the stink of dead meat and heavy grease. Hoping against hope that at least Kallie might show up at "Paul's." At close to 200 pounds, Kallie was not even close to the cutest of women. But given enough Hennessey, you might be able to go home with her.

No sooner than I turned off the shower head and dried myself, I heard a pounding at the front door. "Who in the hell is that?" I asked no one in particular. The pounding continued for the next several minutes as I continued to dry myself off. Hurriedly slipping on my boxers, I wrapped the towel around my semi-wet mid-section and marched a beeline to the door. I only prayed it wasn't my parole officer come to pay a surprise visit. Or the management of the property that always hassle my mother due to my staying in her apartment. Opening the door, I was thrust out of the way as a figure burst in, like the police or worse. It was Destiny.

"'Bout time you answered the damn door!" She said. "What took you so long?!"

"I suppose it's good to see you too."

"Where's Mom...I need to speak to her ASAP!"

"Do I look like I keep up with her day planner?! She ain't here!"

"Do you know what time she's coming back? This is an emergency! Sharlene is watching the kids for me till I get back. I can't be out too long."

"See my last answer Destiny. What's so damn important anyway?"

As my older sister marched through the house to our mother's room, I couldn't help but to admire her physique. Even after 3 kids, she still looked good. Gone was the rail thin, petite girl I remember her as in her teenage years. The kids had rounded her out and put "sexy" in all the right spots. It might have been a couple weeks old, but her hair was still made up in tightly spun braids. Her upper body was held together by a sports bra and loose-fitting half shirt, that only accentuated her C cup sized melons. But best of all, were the cut off jean shorts that packed her round, plump, perfect ass cheeks together like a PB&J sandwich. As my manager Craig says all the time, "So nice you bonce quarters off of it and get change!" Needless to say, I was beginning to sprout a little wood. Sister or not.

"JESUS TAVARIS!! Where are your damn CLOTHES?!!"

"You interrupted my shower stupid, and don't try and change the subject. Why are you here?"

"I was hoping Mom could loan me some money till I get paid again. I really need it."

That brought a tiny chuckle to my face. "Girl BYE!! You know she isn't going to give YOU any money. You already owe her for the babysitting jobs from the last time you were here."

"No! I'm serious!! The county fucked up my check this month! They say I owe THEM money because they overpaid me last month! If I don't get $300 by Monday, the manager's going to kick me and my kids out!"

"That sounds like a YOU problem. What happened to the "job" you supposedly had?"

Destiny sucked her teeth hard. A sure sign that things didn't go well for her.

"I had to tell them to kiss my ass! First off, they weren't paying me enough to stay away from my kids that long. And second, that dyke they had up there running the place came at me talking about wanting my coochie on her tongue! What kind of nasty ass shit is that?! She gave them some bullshit lie before I could go to HR and get papers on that ass! I should have beat her fat ass for that disrespectful shit!"

I hate to admit it, but my sister is one of those rare women that actually looks better when she's mad. Her brow furrows and her skin lightens up. But I was too deep into anger at her at the moment.

"Say...can you at least put some clothes on while I'm here? SHEESH!! Nobody wants to see all that."

I looked down where her eyes went. Sure enough, my sex deprived body was giving me away that looking at my sister in her current dress was definitely having a disturbing effect.

"Hey...I live here. You don't. If you don't want to see what I have going on, you can always go back to your house. Or your house at least for the next few days."

"Humph!" Destiny snorted. Then she looked at me quizzically. "Say...didn't YOU get paid today?"

There it was. I knew she would come after me before too long. But I was more than ready for her.

"Yes. As a matter of course I DID get paid today. And I have plans for that money. And HELL NO! I'm not loaning you shit!!"

"AWWW COME ON TAVARIS!! You know I'm good..."

"GIRL BYE!!" I snapped. "You're already into me for $350 as is, from last year, and I see you have NO INTENTIONS of paying me back anytime soon!!"

"How do you figure I owe you that?"

"Well let's see..." I began scrolling through my imaginary list of expenses. "There's the $160 you owe from when you were late with rent last year. There's the $80 from where you had to celebrate that slut Cynthia's birthday. The $40 where you ran out of food stamps and had to feed YOUR kids. And last but not least, the $70 I loaned you after mom told you to go to hell for wanting to see Whatshisname upstate. Remember?!!"

Destiny looked defeated. She did remember all those things. She had just hoped I DIDN'T. Too bad for her, my memory is like a steel trap. One from which she couldn't escape.

"Ok...I know I owe you. But THIS is serious Tavaris! If I don't get that money, me and my kids are going to be out on the street this time Monday!"

"Again...that sounds like a YOU problem. Besides, like I said. I have plans for my money. I'm going to the Meet so I can get some new shoes that I desperately need."

"Yeah...so you can go push up on those fat, ugly hags up at "Paul's" I bet. Oh...by the way, if you were planning on catching the bus, it left about 6 minutes ago." She said with a mean smirk on her face.

I looked at the electric clock on the end table. Sure enough, fucking with this begging heifer made me miss the last express bus to the swap meet. Meaning any other one would take me an extra 15 minutes and 8 stops out of the way.

"FUCK!!" I yelled. "See...this is what happens when I fuck with you!"

"Well...since you weren't going to get laid at Paul's anyway...why don't you just give me the money and we can call it even!"

"Bitch are you CRAZY?!! I wouldn't give you the money..."

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks. I knew just the thing that would get her to leave me the hell alone.

"Ok...you're probably right. I more than likely WOULDN'T get some ass at Paul's. But I have a better idea. Since we BOTH seem to be in desperate straits right now. I can give you the money, and YOU can FUCK ME! Fair trade."

Destiny hit the roof. "YOU ARE DISGUSTING!! How the FUCK could you even SAY THAT...TO ME?!! I'm your fucking SISTER! You fucking PERVERT!!"

"Destiny GET BENT! You've fucked guys for less since I was in school! And don't try to deny it! It must REALLY suck to be YOU that you would go OUT OF YOUR WAY to cock block me, just to make yourself feel better!"

"What?! You don't have a RIGHT to piss on the guys I've FUCKED and haven't FUCKED! At least I'm not RELATED to THEM ASSHOLE!! And so, WHAT if I dropped a little hint here and there to keep your worthless dick from sliding in some nasty ass pussy! I was doing YOU a favor!!"

"Oh PLEASE!! Why do YOU give a fuck who I stick MY DICK IN?! I'm not the one trying to use my kids as a reason for the family I ALWAYS USE to cover for the bad choices I've made in life! If you weren't running after no nothing ass dudes, you could've been living life WAY BETTER THAN YOU DO! But because you LOVE USING PEOPLE so much, you chased away the ONE GUY that loved you regardless!!"

Destiny's face dropped. Her jaw set tight as she grits her pearly white teeth. "Don't you dare..." she warned. Even as a couple tears formed at the corners of her eyes.

"Oh yeah...I'm going there...RILEY! BITCH!!"

All of a sudden, the steely façade that is my sister Destiny began to crumble. Lip trembling, she looked to say something else. But the words got caught in her throat.

"You...you...you ain't SHIT!" She sniffed. Spinning hard, she left out of the door. Slamming it emphatically behind her. As I stood in the quiet of the project apartment, I fumed. Although inside, I figured I might have gone a step to far.

"Shit." I said aloud.

In my sister's decrepit life, there was only one name that always brought her to tears. Riley Overbee was the grandson of our mom's good friend, old Mrs. Willard. Every couple of summers, Riley would come for the vacation months to see his Grandmother. Even going as far back as school, Riley always held a flame for Destiny. As kids, he and Destiny hung out all the time. The best of friends. Always running together, playing and being happy. But as they grew older, they began to grow in opposite directions. Destiny became more ratchet. While Riley, for all intents and purposes, became more of a cornball. By the time he was about ready to go to college, he had virtually no street in him at all. He didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't play other hood games and had garnered an internship at a bank downtown. That final summer, his grandmother got sick and he decided to spend as much time with her as he could. During that time, Destiny was between reprobate boyfriends. But Riley didn't care. He was over the moon for my sister. He wanted her just as she was. Kids and all. But because of the look her "friends" gave her, Destiny strung Riley along. Playing him for drinks, money, and entertainment. Being the corny guy, he was, Riley allowed the rest of us guys to bully him into going after Destiny. He rose to the challenge. Riley immediately ran out and got a small engagement ring and proposed right there at the basketball courts. Destiny and her retinue of bitter bitches laughed at him dead in his face. We could all see that he was crushed. But in the thrill of the moment, we collectively didn't care.

By the next summer, Mrs. Willard did die. Her funeral was a must attend for the people in the hood. Riley was there as well. Looking much the better for wear. He had gotten himself a true dime piece. A redbone (light skinned) black woman named Sansah, that was the daughter of a black bank magnate. Especially when all the girls got a look at the $24,000, men's engagement ring he wore. When Destiny came to pay her respects, Riley simply moved her along without a second look. Now Riley does commercials for his father-in-law's banks scattered all over the state, and he hasn't even graduated from college yet. I guess for her part, Destiny did like him...a lot. Just couldn't/wouldn't give up her ratchet ways to make it work. If only she had spent more time catering to Riley's love, than catering to her ratchet friends and ego; she would have been the one to walk down the aisle and become Riley's wife. And my niece and nephews would have a great guy as a father. They most definitely would not be living in the hood.

With my plans for the swap meet dashed, I went with Plan B. I ordered a "Seafood" pizza from "Chan's" Chinese restaurant. Throwing on some old, loose fitting, comfortable street clothes, I walked the 4 blocks to go and pick it up. By the time I got back, mom had returned and talked me to death about where I had been. Knowing from her smell and overall demeanor, I knew she must have had a good time at her friends. Since she was in this state, I knew better then to argue with her. Though I believe my mom loves me and is generally just looking out for my best interests, arguing with her when she's high is a lost cause. Instead, I relegated myself to eating my food, preparing a decent outfit, and watching one of my favorite shows "Old House/New house" until it was time to go out. It was a show Mr. Roberson got me hooked on. Showing the different techniques and equipment builders used to do old home renovations and flipping them for profit. Halfway through, my body told me to catch a nap. All the better to be refreshed when I went on the search for some new ass.

"Tavaris! Tavaris! TAVARIS!!"

The sound of my mother's angry voice woke me from my fitful slumber. Damn, she had the worst timing in the world...I think. I had been dreaming about being at Paul's. Watching from the sidelines of the dance floor as a bevy of scantily clad, sexy ass women danced, shook their asses, and gyrated on the floor to some bumpin' ass music. As the song played on, the women began to take their clothes off as they drew closer to me. Shirts, pants, and even bras and panties were thrown in my direction. But as they drew nearer, the majority of the women began to disappear. Until only 1 woman remained. Dancing in the shadows of the dance floor. Winding, dipping, spinning, and twerking her fat ass in the smallest amount of light possible. I was hooked. My body craving to enjoy the mystery woman in my eyes. When she had danced close up to me, she ground her fluffy, soft ass cheeks on my rock-hard member. I felt I was just about to bust a nut in my pants just from the friction. Having dipped low, when the music stopped, she turned around to face me. Closing in for a sweet kiss, my eyes were met with the soft, warm, beautiful face of my sister...Destiny.

The sound of my mother's voice broke through the fog of my sleep. She stood over me with a face that read, she was not happy. "I been trying to wake you up big head. There is someone on the phone for you." My mother spoke. Irritation dripping in every word.

"Who is it?"

"Destiny." She said with bile.

I grabbed the cell phone from her hand and pressed it to my ear. "Hello?" I said. Sleep dripping from my words.

"Oh good. You're still there. I thought you might have already gone to Paul's."

I looked at the clock on my nightstand. It read 11:25. I was already running late for getting to the club. But sometimes the later you waited, the better the crowd. "No...just catching up on my sleep."

"Look...I really need your help. Do you remember what I asked for earlier?"

"Yeah...I remember. It was just a few hours ago. Do you remember what I asked for?"

Destiny let loose a deep sigh. "Yeah, I remember. But you can't be serious about that?!!"

"Actually...if you can be serious about paying that bill; I can be serious about what I said."

The line was silent for a few seconds. I could hear her breathing on the other end.

"Forget about Paul's. Come over to my place. We'll talk when you get here."

"Fine. Don't be playing me."

Destiny hung up without any further answers. I got up and put on my clothes I was going to wear to the club. Placing my money in the bottom of my Tim's, I walked through the apartment to give my mother her phone back. Her door was halfway open. Peering in, I saw she had her tv on watching the Winfrey Opry channel. Another boring, man hating movie of the week was playing. The screen watching my mother sleep. Her snoring letting me know my presence will go unobserved.

I left out the door, locking it behind me. Destiny's apartment was only 2 buildings away down the block. As I passed through the common quads between the buildings, I was surprised that the regular crowds of people hanging out drinking and carousing was light. Although I spotted at least half a dozen young males out and about selling their street pharmaceuticals, I was able to move from one place to the other unchallenged and unmolested. A good thing as I currently had close to $400 dollars in the bottom of my shoe.

I arrived at Destiny's apartment complex. Thankful the stoop was empty of any challengers ( a small victory in that a lot of gang members loved to hang out in front of their building. Either selling drugs or guarding their territory). I pressed in Destiny's apartment number into the security com, half expecting to hear her voice. Instead, the door buzzed allowing me access to the building.